Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2020, 20:01   #5761
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Is the BS6 Tata Hexa (or the 2020 Auto Expo showcased Safari Edition) ever going to see the light of the day? At least 3-4 months from now?
Old 18th September 2020, 16:34   #5762
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Is the BS6 Tata Hexa (or the 2020 Auto Expo showcased Safari Edition) ever going to see the light of the day? At least 3-4 months from now?
The sad thing is that the 2.2 has already been launched in BS6 guise in the Tata Winger, but they cannot launch in the Hexa .
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 18:49   #5763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The sad thing is that the 2.2 has already been launched in BS6 guise in the Tata Winger, but they cannot launch in the Hexa .
Well, yeah sad/ unfortunate to those who want to consider such a vehicle. Maybe due to the possibly very small number of buyers is what isn't encouraging them to consider a launch?

Or maybe they are working on some updates and/ or amendments to the variants? Only if God knew!! *eye roll*
Old 20th September 2020, 11:18   #5764
BHPian

Quote:
Is the BS6 Tata Hexa (or the 2020 Auto Expo showcased Safari Edition) ever going to see the light of the day?
Quote:
I have the same feeling and waiting as well for some good news soon on this thread. I hope Tata come out all guns blazing. There are a lot of guys who are interested in our circles and now realize that Hexa makes sense though when it was available, very few actually put the money on the table.

Other point is the existing owners are retaining their vehicles longer. So there are not a lot of options available in the second sales market anyways.
I myself am thinking of retaining my Hexa for atleast 8 years. Just completed 3 years this month.

Quote:
maybe they are working on some updates and/ or amendments to the variants? Only if God knew!! *eye roll*
This is a very interesting thought and I am completely on your side here.
What I would love on a new 2020 / 2021 Hexa:
- New Floating ICE like Nexon or Harrier (Bug free)
- Keyless entry and Go
- Sunroof Standard
- AT with all safety options like TC, ESP etc.
- May be an XTA 4X4

The current Hexa showcased last time (Safari Edition) is not worthy of 2020 launch because people buy bling and the car was seriously missing on that. It was showing in sales numbers. So if it has to be re-launched, it has to be done with more commitment to the product.

Also Tata has their hands full with Altroz, Harrier and Nexon (New Camo and Dark models) so it will take them some time to circle back to Hexa - if at all.
swarnava.ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 11:22   #5765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post

- Keyless entry and Go
- Sunroof Standard
- May be an XTA 4X4
It should come with a Panoramic Sunroof starting from XT options itself and 4X4, undercut the pricing of Innova Crysta with XZA 4x4 by atleast 3 lakhs, it'd definitely be Innova killer for sure.
WhiteSierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 12:22   #5766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
I have the same feeling and waiting as well for some good news soon on this thread. I hope Tata come out all guns blazing. There are a lot of guys who are interested in our circles and now realize that Hexa makes sense though when it was available, very few actually put the money on the table.

Other point is the existing owners are retaining their vehicles longer. So there are not a lot of options available in the second sales market anyways.
I myself am thinking of retaining my Hexa for atleast 8 years. Just completed 3 years this month.
This is a very interesting thought and I am completely on your side here.
- Keyless entry and Go
- Sunroof Standard
- May be an XTA 4X4

The current Hexa showcased last time (Safari Edition) is not worthy of 2020 launch because people buy bling and the car was seriously missing on that. It was showing in sales numbers. So if it has to be re-launched, it has to be done with more commitment to the product.

Also Tata has their hands full with Altroz, Harrier and Nexon (New Camo and Dark models) so it will take them some time to circle back to Hexa - if at all.
A vehicle like Hexa would definitely stand good for 8 years, definitely even 10. Just good and proactive maintenance should see it through, comfortably (provided Tata parts hold up, i don't doubt this yet). Hexa is a brilliant vehicle to allow 6 passengers to sit very comfortably and tour India; much prefer this over a harrier or XUV or Seltos.

I too hope Tata takes time but gets the Hexa with important updates as you've pointed out. I don't even need much, just add cooled seats option, it makes so much sense for India (happy to even see this in exchange of sunroof).
Also agree for an 8.8" or 10" floating infotainment screen. Tata already have such implementation on Nexon and Harrier, how difficult can it be. And yes, an XTA with 4x4 will be great, better than one without.

Hope to see a Hexa by at least March 2021.

Congratulations Swarnava on your Hexa's 3rd anniversary.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:47   #5767
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Tata planning for a nice little surprise with the BS6 iteration of the much-loved Hexa?

Our friendly neighborhood Autospy caught this test mule on camera earlier today. Get this - the Hexa had "4x4" badging on the front passenger side panel, and the rear right said "XMA".

Tata Hexa : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-2.jpg

According to him, the Hexa was being driven fast. As in really, really f-a-s-t! The driver was not slowing down even an inch for any speed-breakers in his route. Maybe that was the purpose of the test.

Also, the driver of this particular test mule was handed a bunch of papers at the company's gate before leaving for the test run. Can't be just a gate pass - emissions compliance permits or related permissions, perhaps?

XMA 4x4 - new variant on the cards?

More importantly, 4x4 mated to the Punch AT transmission?!

Only time will tell.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd September 2020 at 20:49. Reason: typo fix.
RavenAvi is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:52   #5768
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think any of us should hold our breath for a Hexa Automatic with 4WD. Tata just doesn't have the appetite to compete anymore. They boast about the Land Rover Heritage for the Harrier/buzzard, but no 4WD option.

If they plan to export and sell these vehicles abroad, they should have planned for an AWD variant, but alas Tata is Tata.
4x4addict is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:00   #5769
BHPian

Quote:
. They boast about the Land Rover Heritage for the Harrier/buzzard, but no 4WD option.
So true, talking about heritage and all that and didn't have the appetite to launch a 4x4 for the Indian Junta.
soumobakshi is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:00   #5770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Is Tata planning for a nice little surprise with the BS6 iteration of the much-loved Hexa?

Our friendly neighborhood Autospy caught this test mule on camera earlier today. Get this - the Hexa had "4x4" badging on the front passenger side panel, and the rear right said "XMA".

XMA 4x4 - new variant on the cards?

More importantly, 4x4 mated to the Punch AT transmission?!

Only time will tell.

Thanks for sharing. Happy to see The mighty Hexa back! 4x4 mated to Punch powerglide tranny would be awesome. I hope this gets into production very soon with an added Panoramic sunroof from XT variants. It will definitely eat into Innova's sales. Just like how the New Harrier 2020 / V2 sales increased, we can expect Hexa sales pick up way better than the outgoing BS4 model if priced sensibly.
WhiteSierra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:17   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
XMA 4x4 - new variant on the cards? More importantly, 4x4 mated to the Punch AT transmission?!
Quote:
I don't think any of us should hold our breath for a Hexa Automatic with 4WD.
I doubt Tata would invest any serious amount this late into Hexa with the Gravitas coming up, unless Hexa is being repositioned to a lower segment. This could be similar to the S-Cross 1.6 spotted undergoing an emissions test a few months back.

Interestingly, since the launch in 2016-17, I have seen both the user manual and parts catalogue in Boodmo for Hexa mention this model:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-2.jpg

Last edited by Researcher : 22nd September 2020 at 21:24.
Researcher is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 22:20   #5772
BANNED

If we take kerb weight difference between XT 4x2 7seater and XTA it is 6kg less for XTA version. For XM and XMA 4x2, 7seater auto is 17kg heavier. It doesnot add up but may be some things are additional in XMA over XM whereas XT and XTA have similar features. Similarly weight difference between XT 4x2 7seater and XT 4x4 7seater is 99kgs. I think Tata may actually have a XMA 4x4.

Can anyone confirm if Hexa XTA has limited slip differential? If one of the rear wheel is in air will it free wheel or able to put power on the wheel still on ground ?

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 22nd September 2020 at 22:30.
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:54   #5773
BHPian

Quote:

Our friendly neighbourhood Autospy caught this test mule on camera earlier today. Get this - the Hexa had "4x4" badging on the front passenger side panel, and the rear right said "XMA".
Thanks a lot sir for this scoop. I believe the first step for any car before its launch should be to spot a few test cars on road and up until now, there were honestly no sightings reported that I could read online.

Not only a sighting, it also shows that the 4X4 AT is on the cards.
I am hopeful that it will see the light of the day.

Now the key point will be the following:
1. Pricing - at least initially to build up numbers and give a tough competition to other vehicles of this segment

2. Other Bling - Sunroof ? Connected Cars ? Keyless Entry ? bigger ICE (already covered in a previous post)

3. Positioning against Harrier

4. Improving on Frist generation Hexa in terms of user complaints - few are already listed on this forum and can be taken care during this redesign / update phase.

Happy to see both Mahindra and Tata take the right steps forward.
swarnava.ch is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 19:16   #5774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think any of us should hold our breath for a Hexa Automatic with 4WD. Tata just doesn't have the appetite to compete anymore. They boast about the Land Rover Heritage for the Harrier/buzzard, but no 4WD option.

If they plan to export and sell these vehicles abroad, they should have planned for an AWD variant, but alas Tata is Tata.
Seems like it, but would that not be okay? I've seen few videos of Hexa manual version without 4x4 driving around challenging terrains, such as to Spiti, Ladakh, North East, etc.. Obviously a 4x4 automatic is very welcome, hopefully doesn't make that Hexa variant way more expensive and comes without cutting further features of the Suv. What is your opinion?

I am assuming that individuals considering a vehicle such as Hexa (~2400kgs?) might not even be contemplating to take the 4x4 variant to trails and core off-roading experiences that modified THARs and MS Jeeps play around in, is it not?
Old 24th September 2020, 19:27   #5775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like it, but would that not be okay?
It is not okay for many of us who don't like to drive manual cars. If you are okay with Manual, then the 4x4 Manual is a good choice. It is nothing to do with a capability of an Automatic VS Manual, but the convenience. BTW, even 2WD sumo's ply in spiti, so you don't need the 4wd either.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 24th September 2020 at 19:28.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks