Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2019, 09:34   #286
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson CRDi: Shuddering when starting from 1st/2nd gear

I have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson *manual* tranny diesel, base variant (mfd Jan 2017). Its got about 12K kms now.

For the past 3-4 months, I've noticed an odd shuddering when starting from the 1st/2nd gear and slowly releasing the clutch. It happens sometimes, not always.

I googled a bit, and it seems to be a known issue, such as:

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/hyundai...r-problems.php

and

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/2016-...ow-speeds.html

Both these sites (based outside India) attribute it to the DCT, but no successful fix reported in the above sites.

Anyone else experienced this in India? Any successful fix?

If its a known and widely prevalent issue, it behooves Hyundai to do a campaign to fix it en-masse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Many congratulations vharihar!
Enjoy the miles with the Tucson!
Have owned it for a little over a year and its been great! Except for the first hitch, discussed at: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-2nd-gear.html

If anyone has anything to add about that issue, pls do discuss it on that thread.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st January 2019 at 09:01. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 20th January 2019, 19:27   #287
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
So am I. I was about to buy the car in December but the face-lift looks tempting and decided to wait until mid 2019.

Engineering wise the current car is great, but it looks and feels dated.

I hope the 8 speed transmission makes it to the 2 wd version as well that great carribean blue colour.
I have a feeling they will stick with the same 6 speed torque converter for the facelift.
Old 20th January 2019, 19:30   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

Engineering wise the current car is great, but it looks and feels dated.
Do you mean in general or compared to the new version, as far as I know they havent changed a lot in the new version. Looks and transmission if I am not mistaken.
Old 21st January 2019, 00:06   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Do you mean in general or compared to the new version, as far as I know they havent changed a lot in the new version. Looks and transmission if I am not mistaken.
In general.
The car is soundly engineered, just that the headlights / interior look dated as compared to the new entrants.
Old 21st January 2019, 07:51   #290
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Tucson CRDi: Shuddering when starting from 1st/2nd gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson *manual* tranny diesel, base variant (mfd Jan 2017). Its got about 12K kms now.

For the past 3-4 months, I've noticed an odd shuddering when starting from the 1st/2nd gear and slowly releasing the clutch. It happens sometimes, not always.
Clutch or flywheel or engine mounts (in that order). Get them checked.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 13:30   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inder7 View Post
No, I meant its too close to cars in a size bracket above.My research over the past month shows (for top models) that Tucson :
a) costs the same as Endeavour
b) 1 lakh more than Tiguan (after discounts)
c) 4 lakhs over the Compass (after discounts)
d) Difference from Fortuner is just 1.5 Lakhs

Hyundai is the only one with no discounts. Your comment

..holds true for all of them and they actually offer more. I partially agree with you on the brand- all the more reason why Hyundai should be more flexible, especially with sales where they are.
Replying to you at a more appropriate thread.

Price aside, there isn't much to compare between a Tucson and the other body on frame SUV's. As far as Tiguan goes, well, discounts is something which is Hyundai's discretion, so I don't know, but maybe the 2019 variants are coming in, so, the discounts are zero/less. Know 3 cases where over 1L discounts were offered last year.

Compass doesn't have as much space to offer as the Tucson, maybe, its on par with Creta as far as space goes.
Old 24th February 2019, 09:01   #292
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Confused over the Tucson vs compass...am getting a diesel auto 2018 model at a good discount but old GL model means no sunroof and wireless charging etc while compass petrol automatic is my view does not look like a proper suv but comes with all goodies. My driving usage is low & hence petrol vs diesel does not make a difference but my son wants a sunroof (as all kids want nowadays I guess) and tucson is white color which is same color creta (has a sunroof too) my brother in law bought just now. Between the driving I found Tucson better than compass but wondering the resale value considering how less the Tucson sells!

What do you guys think?
Old 25th February 2019, 13:30   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Confused over the Tucson vs compass...am getting a diesel auto 2018 model at a good discount but old GL model means no sunroof and wireless charging etc while compass petrol automatic is my view does not look like a proper suv but comes with all goodies. My driving usage is low & hence petrol vs diesel does not make a difference but my son wants a sunroof (as all kids want nowadays I guess) and tucson is white color which is same color creta (has a sunroof too) my brother in law bought just now. Between the driving I found Tucson better than compass but wondering the resale value considering how less the Tucson sells!

What do you guys think?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Compass would have a good resale value either, in fact the brand isn't as established as say a Hyundai. However you should pick it based on the transmission and the engine, Compass doesn't have an AT for the diesel, just the petrol. While the Tucson has an AT for both their engines I believe. Based on the Hyundai brand peace of mind, I'd say a Tucson. As for the driving, handling and the comfort, I think you should just test drive and take a call.

I've been in the market for an AT car and the Tucson is high on my list, however I'm waiting for the facelift that's coming up this summer I believe.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 14:21   #294
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Compass would have a good resale value either, in fact the brand isn't as established as say a Hyundai. However you should pick it based on the transmission and the engine, Compass doesn't have an AT for the diesel, just the petrol. While the Tucson has an AT for both their engines I believe. Based on the Hyundai brand peace of mind, I'd say a Tucson. As for the driving, handling and the comfort, I think you should just test drive and take a call.

I've been in the market for an AT car and the Tucson is high on my list, however I'm waiting for the facelift that's coming up this summer I believe.

Thanks i am also leaning towards tuscon for same reason, however not waiting for facelift as Hyundai seems to be focusing on the upcoming sub 4 meter sub in may and hence this is getting delayed apparently. Also personally dont like the facelift looks and can't get any discounts as I am getting now. Lets see what I finally do as I am still in a dilemma.
Old 25th February 2019, 15:17   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Thanks i am also leaning towards tuscon for same reason, however not waiting for facelift as Hyundai seems to be focusing on the upcoming sub 4 meter sub in may and hence this is getting delayed apparently. Also personally dont like the facelift looks and can't get any discounts as I am getting now. Lets see what I finally do as I am still in a dilemma.
I am in a similar position as you guys tried the compass and found it too compact, loved everything of the outgoing tucson. Can you tell me what kind of discount you are getting and where. Also is it for 2018 or 2019 manufactured vehicle. I heard they still have the non sunroof 2018 model in Chennai plant. As far as features go the MG hector will also be an interesting package. I think I will wait till the Hector gets launched and then decide.
Old 6th March 2019, 10:53   #296
Senior - BHPian

Have almost frozen in on the Hyundai Tucson Petrol 2WD in Dark Grey. Dealer should be getting units in about a week and says a further 10 days for delivery Has anyone driven the petrol version? Its a corporate purchase so not spending the extra bucks on getting the Diesel 4WD version.
Old 6th March 2019, 15:06   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Have almost frozen in on the Hyundai Tucson Petrol 2WD in Dark Grey.
Congratulations ! Which variant are you going for ? GL/GL(O)/GLS ?
Old 6th March 2019, 15:15   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have almost frozen in on the Hyundai Tucson Petrol 2WD in Dark Grey. Dealer should be getting units in about a week and says a further 10 days for delivery Has anyone driven the petrol version? Its a corporate purchase so not spending the extra bucks on getting the Diesel 4WD version.
You're spending big money on this, so please get a test drive, the petrol has half the torque of the diesel and the 153 hp / 200Nm figures are terrible for a 2 litre in 2019. I can't imagine the fuel efficiency being great either.

There aren't any direct alternatives to the vehicle and if the petrol if the lower variant, you'll miss out on the convenience features. That's not a good thing in this class of car.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:50   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
You're spending big money on this, so please get a test drive, the petrol has half the torque of the diesel and the 153 hp / 200Nm figures are terrible for a 2 litre in 2019. I can't imagine the fuel efficiency being great either.

There aren't any direct alternatives to the vehicle and if the petrol if the lower variant, you'll miss out on the convenience features. That's not a good thing in this class of car.
Why not look at Compass Petrol AT? Turbocharged Multi-Air petrol engine that's way more advanced than this Tucson petrol engine and comes with DCT which is also a much more advanced gearbox compared to the TC in Tucson.
Old 6th March 2019, 15:58   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Why not look at Compass Petrol AT? Turbocharged Multi-Air petrol engine that's way more advanced than this Tucson petrol engine and comes with DCT which is also a much more advanced gearbox compared to the TC in Tucson.
Main reason being that we have a Creta Petrol AT (first gen) and we wanted to give our director a slightly more premium car. The CRV, Kodiaq all go towards the 40,00,000 mark or even more. This seemed to be best value for money. I thought since its the same engine as the Elantra Petrol. It couldn't be so bad. The Elantra is a decent car only the gearbox is sluggish. Im guessing the motion controlled boot opening, panoramic sun-roof and the cooled seats are available in petrol 2wd form too?

Last edited by Fullrevs : 6th March 2019 at 16:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks