Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2017, 20:13   #76

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exterior
The headlamp cluster looks outstanding. Fog lamps could have been LEDs as well, with warm white colour.

Note from Mod : Please DO NOT quote large posts for a one-liner reply. Also, its appreciate if you do not quote pictures, emoticons and video links and quote only the appropriate text to respond to the member. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2017 at 09:57. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 27th July 2017, 14:56   #77
BHPian

The more New Dzire is see on the roads , the more i have started to believe that it has started to look like an Ambassador Car!

One factor being the White one being used by Official Departments and the other being its lazy looks.
Overall Ambassador Car cant escape my mind.
kcj3b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 13:55   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT: Saw a base model version with a yellow board. Was traveling in the opposite direction on the scooter else would have captured a pic. Did Maruti stop the Dzire tour for the yellow and start selling the new one for commercial segment? The headlamps were hopeless and the illumination was as good as the Splendors and passions of Hero motors.
Old 2nd August 2017, 05:19   #79
BHPian

Did anyone find the new Dzire with yellow board in Telangana. I see everyone spotting it in other states but not in here as informed by Varun Motors Hyderabad.
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:57   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Did anyone find the new Dzire with yellow board in Telangana. I see everyone spotting it in other states but not in here as informed by Varun Motors Hyderabad.
Have hardly seen the white board new Dzire on the road. In the past 40 days i would have seen 3 so far on the road, it will take some more time to see the Yellow plate ones on the road in Hyderabad.

What i hear from the dealer is that, no vehicles were dispatched in the past 2-3 weeks citing internal issues at Maruti plant. Dispatches from the factory have started as of this Monday.I am still waiting to hear the expected delivery date of the VDI (AMT) booked 6 weeks ago.

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:48   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Did Maruti stop the Dzire tour for the yellow and start selling the new one for commercial segment?
As per info, The previous sub 4m Dzire has now become the Dzire Tour.
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-2017marutiswiftdziretour.jpg

The older Dzire Tour with bigger (Ambassador type) boot has been discontinued.
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-marutisuzukidziretour.jpg

on a separate note, the thread is seeing less action than anticipated. Are members are busy buying the car rather than commenting about it?

Dispatches from plant seem to be very limited to rectify the niggling issue of steering, suspension, electrical and other components.
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:56   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
As per info, The previous sub 4m Dzire has now become the Dzire Tour.
Attachment 1663065
Sorry this was not the car that I saw, it was the new dzire Ldi model (I believe), the new design does stand out compared to the old sub 4m dzire.
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:58   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Sorry this was not the car that I saw, it was the new dzire Ldi model (I believe), the new design does stand out compared to the old sub 4m dzire.
I've seen 2017 Dzire on commercial numbers few times in Kolkata too. Infact when I went to check out the Dzire at a dealership (One Auto, Kolkata), the car on their showroom floor was a Dzire LDI commercial number, waiting to be delivered.

While Dzire Tour is still being sold (the 2nd gen model), seemingly Maruti isn't restricting the new Dzire to only private registrations.

For reference, ex showroom price of Dzire Tour is 6.64L and new Dzire LDI is 7.11L, not a bad price to pay for ABS+Airbags.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:28   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
on a separate note, the thread is seeing less action than anticipated. Are members are busy buying the car rather than commenting about it?
I think this is more of a reflection of market enthusiasm towards the product. It may very well be the case that the segment leader has become too commonplace to incite any buzz even with an "all new" tag...
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 17:20   #85
BHPian

Has anyone bought the Exuberance Package for the new Maruti Dzire ? If yes, then please let me know the price for it since there is a price fluctuation between the dealers in indore.
Old 9th August 2017, 18:05   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayram.r View Post
Sir. It is not unreasonable fanfare. The Dzire means many things to the middle class Indian. Its an upgrade from the ubiquitous Alto. Its dual purpose of serving as a car which can go to the local market without sweating over tight parking spaces, as well as doing the airport runs & welcome the in laws in a 'sedan'.

Its ability to be driven in everyday traffic as well as an efficient touring companion without burning a hole in the pocket.

Its the right balance between ride & handling, between being frugal at the same time trendy. The list can go on a bit further. At the end of the day its a package which feels as one's hard earned money well spent. And that is why it drives India crazy!
Dear Jayram, I absolutely agree with your objective and well thought through points. The factors you have listed certainly are the key highlights and benefits of the segment.

My point was more regarding the not so logistically definable fondness for specifically the Dzire within the segment. The Dzire has sold 14,703 units in July 2017, whereas the other cars in the segment have sold less than 30% that number. While I agree that Maruti's big network and other positives add value, even with that said, the Dzire doesn't offer the average buyer 3 times the benefit of its competitors. That's what I meant my crazy fanfare. The average buyer is mesmerized by the Dzire, and sign's up to by one, as if in a trance. Not necessarily cause it is better than the other cars in the same segment.

Hope that helps clarify my previous point.
Old 12th August 2017, 18:45   #87
BHPian

Comparison Review of Dzire vs Tigor vs Xcent vs Ameo vs Amaze vs Aspire by Autocar India

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-comp...parison-405400

Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-1_578_872_0_100_httpcdni.autocarindia.comextraimages20170804023921_pfd_4430.jpg  

manaljain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 06:30   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Comparison Review of Dzire vs Tigor vs Xcent vs Ameo vs Amaze vs Aspire by Autocar India

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-comp...parison-405400

Thanks!!
I'm so glad that ACI took this picture. Makes it easy to compare the visual factor. Looks are subjective but IMO the Tigor looks the most unique and the least "economy" of the lot. Talking only of the looks, the other cars have their merits of course.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 21:40   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Shouldn't they technically be comparing these with Tata Zest and not the tigor? AFAIK the Tigor is placed in between the Tiago and the Zest as subcompact sedan, if I can call it that. The Zest would be the ideal candidate for any comparisons about engine, space and comfort.
Old 16th August 2017, 22:10   #90
BHPian

Quote:
They compared only Petrol options.

May be because sales data is pointing towards higher petrol sales ratio. But if diesel engine and auto box are taken into comparison, I guess Aspire and Ameo with DSG can do better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks