Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2018, 00:03   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Took delivery of my mom's Oxford Blue VXI MT today. Overall the purchase and delivery process with AutoVista was good.

Few omissions that will be missed on the Dzire :
- Rear seat doesnt fold down at all. I wonder why they made this decision when others in the same segment and even smaller cars have this feature. Isnt this standard on most cars ?
- No rear defogger on even the Mid model. Feels kind of cheap not having this

A few question I have about the car which hopefully someone can help me with, this is mainly to do with the VXI trim :

- Is the music system supposed to come with a remote ?
- Centre AC vents. Isnt the vertical movement range a bit less ? Only the flap attached to the knob moves up and down slightly and that the movement range is small and the downward motion is a bit fiddly, having to push down almost right from the top of the knob which is narrow. Strange ergonomics.

- How do I change the vehicle function settings on the MID ? Is it not possible on the VXI ? Im not able to enter the menu and both knobs dont rotate. I want to change stuff like the auto door locks, double press to open all doors, etc. These options are available but even the manual is not really clear how to enter into the settings menu. I hope it hasnt been omitted in the VXI trim..

Overall though the car is satisfactory and will do the job it was bought for
Old 11th February 2018, 11:34   #227
BANNED

Maruti Dzire Vs Ciaz

A friend is contemplating buying either the Ciaz or the Dzire and is confused with the price and space inside both the cars.
The questions he has are:

1. Is the Ciaz in its manual variants worth the premium (10.63 Vs 14.79 OTR Bangalore)?

2. With the increased rear seat space, is the Ciaz significantly spacious enough to ignore the convenience of the AGS options on the Dzire? The average family height is 5'10".
Old 11th February 2018, 14:50   #228

Dear Friends,
I have shortlisted the new Maruti Dzire as my new ride. I had never imagined that after turning 40, convenience will be a priority for me over spirited driving ! But alas, it is exactly that now ! So an Automatic (read AMT in case of Dzire) is a must. I need the experts' help in deciding if it going to be ZDI+ or ZXI+. Now I know this has been discussed extensively everywhere, but I have attached my specific use case below and need your inputs to decide if I am right here or missing something. Thanks a lot in advance Mates.

At my usage of 25k kms per year, I will be covering 1 lac kms in 4 yrs, where at that odo I will prefer to sell the car and get a new one. As you can see in the excel calculations, I will break even right at the end of 4 yrs. So obviously there is no advantage in the running cost at the end of 4 years. Further taking into consideration the resale value, I think I will get about Rs.50k more for a Diesel variant over the Petrol, whereas I will pay 1.38 lacs more when I buy it.

So my question is, do my figures look OK? Can I get Rs.50K more for the diesel variant at resale? or more? or less ?? Will it be easier to sell off a DIESEL or PETROL Maruti Dzire 4 years from now ?

Factoring in the Rs.50K at resale, my total cost of ownership at the end of 4 years for PETROL is 6.03 lacs and for DIESEL is 6.57 lacs. To utilise the benefit of the running cost that I am saving at Rs.34.5K per year, I have to use the car for further 1.5 years to recover the Rs.54K I am losing at resale for the DIESEL VARIANT. So more correctly, I have to keep the DIESEL car for a period of 5.5 years just to break even.

All the above calculations are based on current PETROL/DIESEL price difference. If that changes and the price gap becomes lesser, obviously it will take more time to break even. Should I even consider a Diesel, cost wise that is ? Or am I missing something ? Kindly advice since I have to give a go-ahead to the Sales Consultant for my choice of ZXI / ZDI.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dzire-petrol.vs.diesel.jpg  

Ashutosh30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 16:50   #229
BHPian

Ashutosh,

That's a neat analysis you have done there.

The service interval in the new Dzire is 1 per year. You have considered 2 service per year.

Quoting from the team-bhp review:
Quote:
Service interval of 10,000 km / 1 year. There are two basic inspections at the 1,000 km / 1 month & 5,000 km / 6 months mark at the start.
I personally feel that you should go for Diesel considering your mileage of 25K KM per year. You would not only get a better driving experience but also better mileage than petrol.
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 15:21   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

A few question I have about the car which hopefully someone can help me with, this is mainly to do with the VXI trim :

- Is the music system supposed to come with a remote ?
- Centre AC vents. Isnt the vertical movement range a bit less ? Only the flap attached to the knob moves up and down slightly and that the movement range is small and the downward motion is a bit fiddly, having to push down almost right from the top of the knob which is narrow. Strange ergonomics.

- How do I change the vehicle function settings on the MID ? Is it not possible on the VXI ? Im not able to enter the menu and both knobs dont rotate. I want to change stuff like the auto door locks, double press to open all doors, etc. These options are available but even the manual is not really clear how to enter into the settings menu. I hope it hasnt been omitted in the VXI trim..

Overall though the car is satisfactory and will do the job it was bought for
Remote: I got my car last Oct - VXI AMT. The music system came with the remote. The remote should either be in glove compartment or the cloth envelope containing the user manual. If it is not there, talk to the dealer

MID Settings - not sure what you want to change. But yes, it is a bit odd to make any changes. The user manual is actually very detailed for MID changes - please take another look.
Old 14th February 2018, 19:04   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduks View Post
Remote: I got my car last Oct - VXI AMT. The music system came with the remote. The remote should either be in glove compartment or the cloth envelope containing the user manual. If it is not there, talk to the dealer

MID Settings - not sure what you want to change. But yes, it is a bit odd to make any changes. The user manual is actually very detailed for MID changes - please take another look.
Hi, I found the remote, it was in the bag with the tool kit, first aid kit etc in the boot.

I managed to figure out how to make the changes in the MID. The right hand knob needs to be pressed for longer than I was trying. I always stopped when the pressing just reset the gauge that it was on, then I held it for longer and got into the settings menu. I also didnt realise how little travel is there in the twisting motion of the knob to cycle through the menu, but its all good now.

The setting I wanted to change was to unlock ALL doors with a single press of the unlock button on the keyfob whereas the default setting only unlocks the drivers door. Did this and made a few other tweaks.

Just checking again the centre AC vents have very little vertical travel right ?
Old 14th February 2018, 19:11   #232

Yes Mortis, the central AC vents have a very limited vertical movement. However no one has complained of discomfort with the vent set to on position. I guess this will be put to test in the next few months as summer peaks!
Old 24th March 2018, 15:47   #233
BHPian

hey guys,
I am planning on getting the new Swift petrol AMT for my mom and i would like to know about the mileage figures of the dzire petrol amt that owners are getting. We will be taking the AMT test drive today but but barring any shortcomings with the AMT drive, we would be finalizing on the AMT.

How does the AMT petrol mileage fare vs the manual? is it more efficient than the baleno CVT?

Regards!
Old 25th March 2018, 08:51   #234

Hey rambo1o1 I have a VXi AMT since Oct last year. I get 16-17 in city. Yet to complete 2nd free service. Haven't had the opportunity to go for a long drive yet so can't says what it's like on highway.
manduks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 10:05   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
hey guys,
I am planning on getting the new Swift petrol AMT for my mom and i would like to know about the mileage figures of the dzire petrol amt that owners are getting. We will be taking the AMT test drive today but but barring any shortcomings with the AMT drive, we would be finalizing on the AMT.

How does the AMT petrol mileage fare vs the manual? is it more efficient than the baleno CVT?

Regards!
Been driving a Zxi+AMT for the past 6 months. Having driven more than 5000 kms, my mileage figures hover around the 15 to 15.5 kmpl mark. My daily drive is 35 kms on OMR Chennai, with quite a bit of traffic. Took a couple of long drives and the mileage returned was 18+ kmpl. These are based on full tank to empty readings. Pretty happy with the mileage figures so far.

As far as the AMT jerkiness is concerned, haven't got anything much to complain about that either. Yes some gear shifts are noticeable, but you'll get used to it and adjust your driving style accordingly. It is not as butter smooth as a CVT, but is nowhere as bad as the AMT in Celerio or Alto K10. There is no bumper to bumper gearbox judder either (at least not yet). I would strongly recommend the Dzire petrol AMT any day.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 11:13   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh30 View Post
So my question is, do my figures look OK? Can I get Rs.50K more for the diesel variant at resale? or more? or less ?? Will it be easier to sell off a DIESEL or PETROL Maruti Dzire 4 years from now ? .
It is difficult to predict the future you know. Traditionally the Swift/Dzire have both enjoyed good resale value, but, there is an additional variable in your case - AMT. There aren't too many AMT equipped cars available in the used market right now to accurately gauge their acceptance vis-a-vis the manuals. So its going to be a bit of a guesstimate at best.

That said, choose whatever you feel gives you a better driving experience. IMO, 50k here or there should not matter much since you are already spending close to a million bucks

I would pick the diesel IF I were in your shoes.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 07:55   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
hey guys,

Regards!
Let me chip in mileage figures from my vxi manual so that you could compare it with someone else's figure for AMT.
As I live in a very crowded town with poor traffic management, I have to drive either in 1st or 2nd gear and rarely 3rd gear, I get a mileage of around 10-12kmpl in the city, sometimes even lesser. This is with 100% AC. The good thing is that my car runs on highways for 90% of the time(only single lane highways in my country). With AC on all the time, the mileage is 18-20. The MID always shows 20+ though.
amitjha086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 16:42   #238
BHPian

After a long time, finally made the jump and booked the Dzire ZDI AMT. Delivery is expected in about 3 weeks.

My first choice of colour is blue. But the sales rep mentioned that this colour car is difficult to maintain, and even the repaint cost would be a bit costly compared to other colours.

Would like to take opinion from BHPians regarding how true it is. Is the maintenance so difficult compared to other colurs? Also would there really be a difference in repaint cost i in the future?
Old 3rd April 2018, 17:38   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh30 View Post
Dear Friends,
I have shortlisted the new Maruti Dzire as my new ride. .....

....All the above calculations are based on current PETROL/DIESEL price difference.....
There is no way you're going to consistently hit 19 KMPL on the petrol motor, unless you recreate ARAI test conditions whenever you drive.

11-13 for mixed city conditions and 16-18 for open highways (assuming some spirited driving) are more reasonable estimates for the petrol motor.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 13:57   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
After a long time, finally made the jump and booked the Dzire ZDI AMT. Delivery is expected in about 3 weeks.

My first choice of colour is blue. But the sales rep mentioned that this colour car is difficult to maintain, and even the repaint cost would be a bit costly compared to other colours.

Would like to take opinion from BHPians regarding how true it is. Is the maintenance so difficult compared to other colurs? Also would there really be a difference in repaint cost i in the future?
I own a VXI in Oxford blue. Don't go for what sales rep tell you. Buy the one that you like. Maintaining it is as troublesome as maintaining cars in rest of the colors other than silver. Once your car is back from wash or just "dusting", the shine and glow will make you forget all the troubles that it took to maintain the blue car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks