Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2019, 10:21   #286
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
I have seen quite a few yellow plated 3rd gen Dzires here in Gurgaon!
That then is not so good for the private users. Fortunately, I have seen none so far in Mumbai and Pune. Dzire and Etios go through the same pain. Hopefully, it is addressed.

I liked the decision taken by Ford, they are still manufacturing the pre gen Aspire for T Permits and the facelifted is for private buyers only. Maruti and Toyota can do something similar, infact better than the Americans.
Old 26th September 2019, 11:07   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
That then is not so good for the private users. Fortunately, I have seen none so far in Mumbai and Pune. Dzire and Etios go through the same pain. Hopefully, it is addressed.
From what I have heard from Maruti dealership executives, Maruti Suzuki is not selling the latest generation Dzire for commercial registrations. But some persons do the registration on their own after buying the car and if they opt for yellow plate, Maruti can't stop them. Have also heard that warranty gets void in such cases.
DaptChatterjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 11:15   #288
BHPian

Quote:
From what I have heard from Maruti dealership executives, Maruti Suzuki is not selling the latest generation Dzire for commercial registrations. But some persons do the registration on their own after buying the car and if they opt for yellow plate, Maruti can't stop them. Have also heard that warranty gets void in such cases.
Our country is full of 'Jugaad' but these gaps are well known to the company as well. Legal actions should be taken against such misuse of policy.

Personally, I like the Etios a lot but just because it is the same car which is bought by the fleet, makes me not go for it (few other reasons as well). I am sure people who like Dzire have the same feeling.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 26th September 2019 at 11:16.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 09:47   #289

Quote:
The steering return and stiffness increases with speed. At above 30/40 Km/sec, steering returns to center on its own. At speeds above 60 Km/sec, it will feel heavier although at high speeds, it doesn't inspire total confidence (I own the VXI AMT model). Suspension is among the best in the segment but the Bridgestone Ecopia tyres are hard and noisy.
Thanks for the reply! Then self -centering may not be absent completely, but works at higher speeds. Given lakhs of cars sold, it may not be such a big deal to live with it.
When we take a turn or make u-turn, typically steering starts to recenter on own, at speeds of 10-15kmph. This may not be the case in many newer Maruti cars, as older DZire had this, my colleague demoed it to me.
Here's called out in Autocar review (also shows it in video): https://www.autocarindia.com/car-lon...-report-410971
joshisd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 10:45   #290
BHPian

Quote:
At above 30/40 Km/sec, steering returns to center on its own. At speeds above 60 Km/sec, it will feel heavier although at high speeds
Km/sec in my dreams may be but in real life it's Km/hr. Spotted the mistakes today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisd View Post
Thanks for the reply! Then self -centering may not be absent completely, but works at higher speeds. Given lakhs of cars sold, it may not be such a big deal to live with it.
When we take a turn or make u-turn, typically steering starts to recenter on own, at speeds of 10-15kmph.
Lack of self-centering is a boon sometimes like parking at tight spaces. As you mentioned, I do miss it while turning. There's a faint little centering force at such speeds which nudges you to turn the steering back. Can live with that! Otherwise the steering is good to hold (I have a MGA faux leather cover).
Old 30th September 2019, 01:08   #291

Did Triber TD, but shouldn't have! Now torn between DZire and Triber
Old 30th September 2019, 07:27   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Come on buddy! They both cannot be compared. Dzire is miles ahead of Triber. If they had given a larger engine with better power outputs then Triber would have made 'some' sense.

It is a no brainier.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 22:13   #293

Yeah, DZire is a class above, but Triber is a for a different need (occassional 5+ passengers or odd size luggages). Wish the 1.2 Kseries motor was powering Triber, but..
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:35   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, DZire is a class above, but Triber is a for a different need (occassional 5+ passengers or odd size luggages). Wish the 1.2 Kseries motor was powering Triber, but..
With 5+ on board, you shall need those + people to push the car up on inclines

Dzire is good for 5 and good amount of luggage. The diesel motor is powerful to pull on full load. Only negative being the ground clearance shall decrease further
Old 5th November 2019, 14:14   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki DZire registers its highest sales in past 7 months and emerged as the best selling car of Oct’19!

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 2277
Size:  92.7 KB
Old 5th November 2019, 14:31   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unless your car needs to be an MPV due to requirements of regular 7 people / a lot of luggage (DZire has a good enough boot space mind you), DZire makes more sense. Triber is a unique car no doubt, but only when one is looking for it! Not all need an MPV for regular usage. For regular use, if I were shopping and these were my 2 options - I'd pick the DZire. Simply for the engines. Even if it had just 2 seats.
Old 26th November 2019, 15:28   #297
BHPian

I have booked a dzire vxi amt in Popular Chennai and wanted to do pdi before the full amount is paid. The car is Oct 2019 manufactured based on vin and looks new and clean. But the MID was not showing anything when i started the car to check the ODO. The dealer says that it's usual that they disconnect the mid/odo and will only connect before delivery or RTO. Is that the case? Can anyone please confirm?
Old 26th November 2019, 15:38   #298
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
But the MID was not showing anything when i started the car to check the ODO. The dealer says that it's usual that they disconnect the mid/odo and will only connect before delivery or RTO. Is that the case? Can anyone please confirm?
I don't think that's a normal/ethical practice
I have never had such an experience with any of the new cars (my own and those bought by close friends and relatives) I was involved in/helping in the car buying process or present during delivery of the car.

Last edited by NPV : 26th November 2019 at 15:40.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 15:43   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
The dealer says that it's usual that they disconnect the mid/odo and will only connect before delivery or RTO. Is that the case? Can anyone please confirm?
No, it's definitely not the usual practice. When I did PDI for my Dzire VXI, ODO showed around 20 kms. I have also done PDI for a few friends' Baleno, Ecosport, Nexon etc. and the ODO was never disconnected.
Old 26th November 2019, 15:59   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I don't think that's a normal/ethical practice
I have never had such an experience with any of the new cars (my own and those bought by close friends and relatives) I was involved in/helping in the car buying process or present during delivery of the car.
The car was brought from the stockyard to the dealers place to facilitate the PDI for me, which was around 20 kms. The dealer says that they want to avoid the ODO showing above 50kms when they go for registration and that's the reason they disconnected the odo in this case and they normally don't do this for all vehicles. Since the vehicle is Oct manufactured I assume this would not have been used as test drive vehicle. Fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks