Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2019, 02:21   #271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Our Feb 18 Manual Petrol VXI has a couple of peculiar problems that the SVC claims are normal
When shifting from 1st to 2nd, when the clutch is depressed there is a slight jerk and you can hear something wobbling in the engine compartment. This happens every time unless the clutch is actuated very slowly and gently. The sound also is not very loud and can only be heard if the surroundings are quiet.
What could be the cause of this ?
Exactly the issue I am facing with my 6 month old Alto. Have noticed this mainly if there is some engine RPM. If it’s cruising in first or second, then I don’t notice this jerk. Have shown it to 3 different workshops and they have opened and checked the entire clutch assembly without success. Keep saying it’s normal. I refuse to accept mentioning the first time I am facing this issue after driving 20-25 different Maruti cars over the last 14 years.

Now seeing this issue with your Dzire, I am starting to wonder whether this a common part issue across multiple models. Do let me know if you identify the root cause or hopefully get the issue resolved. I am starting to wonder if it could be the clutch cable or the transmission.
Old 10th June 2019, 11:25   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Dzire reaches another milestone,

Maruti Suzuki’s Dzire is India’s No1 sedan for over a decade.
Over 19 lakh happy customers
 Leads the segment with 55% market share
One new Dzire sold every two minutes

Shifting customer preference:

- Nearly 13% of buyers have chosen the automatic variant. Interestingly, for half of the new Dzire customers, the compact sedan is their
first car purchase. This shows a paradigm shift of the Indian customers who are ready to start their car ownership with a sedan.

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-1.jpg

Source:Maruti Suzuki Press Release

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th June 2019 at 11:27.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:57   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Dzire Petrol is also now BS-VI compliant.

Maruti Suzuki releases the compact sedan to comply to "AIS-145 Safety Norms" (both Petrol and diesel)

This will result in price increase in all variants of Dzire.

Depending on features introduced across variants, the ex-showroom price in Delhi and NCR region shall vary from Rs. 5,82,613/- to Rs. 9,57,622/-

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th June 2019 at 19:00.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 21:01   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Exactly the issue I am facing with my 6 month old Alto. Have noticed this mainly if there is some engine RPM. If it’s cruising in first or second, then I don’t notice this jerk. Have shown it to 3 different workshops and they have opened and checked the entire clutch assembly without success. Keep saying it’s normal. I refuse to accept mentioning the first time I am facing this issue after driving 20-25 different Maruti cars over the last 14 years.

Now seeing this issue with your Dzire, I am starting to wonder whether this a common part issue across multiple models. Do let me know if you identify the root cause or hopefully get the issue resolved. I am starting to wonder if it could be the clutch cable or the transmission.
I'm also facing this issue. Have you been able to find the culprit?
Raj_RD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 15:20   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
I'm also facing this issue. Have you been able to find the culprit?
Unfortunately not! I got the clutch plate, pressure plate and release bearing changed under warranty, but still the issue persists. Planning to get the clutch cable changed during the upcoming service. It's either that or a design fault. Extremely frustrating to drive in traffic.

Surprisingly the technician mentioned he noticed similar behaviour on brand new Alto's at the dealership. Didn't get a chance to test that myself.

Are you facing the same issue in an Alto? Or Dzire?
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 15:36   #276
Senior - BHPian

I too still hear the wobble from the engine bay when I press the clutch to shift from 1st to 2nd. Also there still seems to be a bit of play in 4th gear although I still haven't spent enough time with it to determine the conditions it occurs under. There is a bit of movement when accelerating and letting go and possibly when going over rough patches in 4th.
I'll get it checked again during the next service. Last time they said it's fine. I'll test drive another dzire petrol manual and check. Any clue what it could be for both issues ?
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 15:45   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Dzire Petrol is also now BS-VI compliant.
Is being BS VI compliant same as being BS VI? Or is it BS IV engine with some additional fittings? If Maruti is discontinuing the small diesel engine, how can it become BS VI compliant?

Previously, the prices ranged from 5.70 to 9.55 as per zigwheels website. An increase of 7-12k isn't bad if it is BS VI engine.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th June 2019 at 20:12. Reason: Large quote edited.
Old 28th June 2019, 18:32   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Are you facing the same issue in an Alto? Or Dzire?
I'm facing the issue on my Dzire (Petrol). Just completed 1k kms. Will get it checked at the service center.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th June 2019 at 20:12. Reason: Large quote edited.
Raj_RD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 19:25   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

FY-19, Dzire's Petrol Vs Diesel sales data.

- Petrol is the preferred variant though diesel's contribute to the logistics market.

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 01:17   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
I'm facing the issue on my Dzire (Petrol). Just completed 1k kms. Will get it checked at the service center.
Please post an update after your service center visit. Would really help me and especially Mortis (Dzire again).

I think this same exact issue has been observed by at least 5 Bhpians as per my count. 2 Dzires, 1 Swift, 1 Alto and even 1 Jeep Compass. Extremely weird.
Djay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 02:07   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is being BS VI compliant same as being BS VI? Or is it BS IV engine with some additional fittings? If Maruti is discontinuing the small diesel engine, how can it become BS VI compliant?
Only DZire Petrol is BS VI compliant, being BS VI compliant means the vehicle meets the requirements of upcoming emission norms.

Last edited by deehunk : 29th June 2019 at 02:07. Reason: typo
Old 13th August 2019, 20:07   #282
Senior - BHPian

Drove a Dzire (any generation) for the first time last month when I was in India. My father has always been a Dzire fan, but my brother and I were always against it as we thought it looked ugly (the boot integration). However, the new Dzire changed that perception. We had checked it out as soon as it came out couple of years back, but did not go ahead with the purchase as my father's car was only 5 years old and running well. That car was unfortunately lost in the floods last year and pretty much the default choice for a replacement was the Dzire.

The most impressive aspect of the Dzire for me is the packaging. There is no lack of space in the front or back for us (all of medium height). As with most cars in the segment, rear seat is best for two, but a third person won't be too uncomfortable. The boot also offers decent volume. I think the boot is well-shaped, which means it can usually carry more stuff than you imagine.

The build definitely feels light, but that was expected. My father's car is a ZXi AMT, which has most of the required features. The AMT was quite smooth and I was quite happy with the shift quality. However, I drove it mainly on the highway and not in stop-go traffic. The problem is with the downshifts when one wants to make a quick overtake. Then the AMT is slow to respond and I really had to plan the moves well in advance.

For running around town and sedate highway trips (which is my father's use case for the car), Dzire AMT does a great job.
Old 25th September 2019, 17:17   #283

Hi Team-Bhpians,
After my family rejected WagonR ZXI AMT due to rear seat being short for thigh support and falling/sliding forward on braking, had to move on to check Swift and DZire AMT. There again family preferred rear seat comfort and headroom of DZire, than of Swift.
DZire ZXI AMT looks almost perfect for our usage (in city), but for two things, which I sincerely hope DZire owners can help me with.
1. Steering return is absent, apart from being too light - at least was so in TD vehicle, which was an old one. Did not feel comfortable with steering not returning / self centering, and for lacking any sort of feel whatsoever. Had been used to Mahindra Renault Logan for past 11 years, and Gen1 Zen before that.
2. Tyres and Suspension seemed to pass on all road undulations, thuds to passengers

Not sure if the above two issues are seen with Baleno as well, which I hadn't pursued due to rubber band effect of CVT. However, now am thinking if CVT may be a better compromise than above 2 issues.
Old 25th September 2019, 18:39   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
FY-19, Dzire's Petrol Vs Diesel sales data.

- Petrol is the preferred variant though diesel's contribute to the logistics market.

Attachment 1888576

Source:Auto Punditz
Are they selling the facelifted Dzire to the fleet market? I guess that count is of the previous gen Tour variant.

Haven't seen any T permit Dzire (2017 facelifted) as of now in Mumbai and Pune.
Old 26th September 2019, 10:10   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisd View Post
DZire ZXI AMT looks almost perfect for our usage (in city), but for two things, which I sincerely hope DZire owners can help me with.
1. Steering return is absent, apart from being too light - at least was so in TD vehicle, which was an old one. Did not feel comfortable with steering not returning / self centering, and for lacking any sort of feel whatsoever. Had been used to Mahindra Renault Logan for past 11 years, and Gen1 Zen before that.
2. Tyres and Suspension seemed to pass on all road undulations, thuds to passengers
The steering return and stiffness increases with speed. At above 30/40 Km/sec, steering returns to center on its own. At speeds above 60 Km/sec, it will feel heavier although at high speeds, it doesn't inspire total confidence (I own the VXI AMT model). Suspension is among the best in the segment but the Bridgestone Ecopia tyres are hard and noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Are they selling the facelifted Dzire to the fleet market? I guess that count is of the previous gen Tour variant.

Haven't seen any T permit Dzire (2017 facelifted) as of now in Mumbai and Pune.
I have seen quite a few yellow plated 3rd gen Dzires here in Gurgaon!
DaptChatterjee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks