Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2018, 19:47   #241
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

My dealer has promised to provide a discount of 4-5k on purchase of accessories worth at least 10k for my ZDI AMT. Please recommend accessories worth having.

Also is teflon coating and under-chassis coating really required?
Old 4th April 2018, 21:30   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
My dealer has promised to provide a discount of 4-5k on purchase of accessories worth at least 10k for my ZDI AMT. Please recommend accessories worth having.

Also is teflon coating and under-chassis coating really required?
If you can get upto 5k discount on 10k, I would suggest that you opt for seat covers, floor mats,mud flaps and maybe some key covers or small stuff. Teflon coating is a complete waste of money as it won't last for more than a week or two. For underbody coating, it will be better if you go for 3m at the centre and get it done in front of you itself as my experience with maruti doing it hadn't been great especially for getting it redone under warranty. One more thing that I could remember is the foam leatherette floor wrap cover at the service center if they do it.
Old 6th April 2018, 22:20   #243
BHPian

An unfortunate incident occurred a while ago. I drive dzire vxi in Nepal. Been driving it for six months. At 6030km on odo, while I was driving at around 70kmph, some 200km into my journey at around 6pm, I heard a sound something like breaking of a glass bottle. My wife on co passenger seat too appreciated the sound. I slowed down and pulled over. Inspected the car all around and found that the windshield developed a crack.
Drove some 15km to find a Maruti service centre in Lahan. All they did was to put on a sticker. Called the showroom from where I bought the car. They asked me to call one officer in Kathmandu. Everyone of them insisted that a stone or some object must have hot the windshield. But there was no vehicle ahead or behind me when the incident occurred. Neither did I hear any other sound before that popping sound. Is it some of manufacturing defect? What should I do next?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-20180406_195521.jpg  

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-20180406_195532.jpg  

amitjha086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 18:19   #244
BHPian

Need advice on seat covers for my Dzire ZDI AMT. I'm planning to get the seat covers when I take delivery itself. I believe maintaining beige colored fabric seat covers would be a herculean task especially when you have a naughty toddler at home. MGA accessories guy quoted seat covers for 9.5k with 10% discount, which will work out to 8.5k. Is this worth getting? Marvin is quoting 14k for PU Leather and 29k for pure leather.

MGA accessories guy mention about some kind of beige full floor mat costing about 4.9k. He mentioned that the floor mats given by Maruti covers the floor partially, and the remaining portion can get easily soiled. Is it worth getting this?
Old 11th April 2018, 13:24   #245
BHPian

This is the accessories list given by the dealer for Dzire AMT ZDI:
Seat Covers -> Rs 9,500
Full Floor Mats -> Rs 4,590
Touch-based Infotainment System -> Rs 23,590
Panel for Touch-based Infotainment System -> Rs 990
Door side moulding -> Rs 2,790
Door visors -> Rs 2,990 and Rs 1,290
Sill Guard -> Rs 890
Underchassis coating -> Rs 3,600
Teflon Coating -> Rs 3,500

Please recommend which of these would be required.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 14:51   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
This is the accessories list given by the dealer for Dzire AMT ZDI
Seat Covers -> Rs 9,500
Are they branded ones, like Autoform, G-Sport etc?
If they aren't, you can get better stitched and better fitting covers at accessory shops/seat cover makers, many of whom are listed in the Directory Section.

Full Floor Mats -> Rs 4,590

The cost varies with the quality of the materials used, ranging from ₹1500-5000. It is basically a lamination for the entire floor, covering the carpet area.

Touch-based Infotainment System -> Rs 23,590
Panel for Touch-based Infotainment System -> Rs 990

Any idea about the make and model? Bluetooth, Car Play, Navigation enabled? Does it support rear parking camera display too?

Door side moulding -> Rs 2,790
Body coloured or black? If black, do skip them, they are available for half the cost outside.

Door visors -> Rs 2,990 and Rs 1,290
Difference between the two?

Sill Guard -> Rs 890
Needed and are similarly priced even outside. I am assuming the cost is for four pieces (all doors).

Underchassis coating -> Rs 3,600

Go with 3M. Similar cost, better quality and service.

Teflon Coating -> Rs 3,500
Just a placebo coating. Let go of the same. Refer to many threads present on the forum regarding this.
Old 13th April 2018, 17:32   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
Inspected the car all around and found that the windshield developed a crack. Is it some of manufacturing defect? What should I do next?
You should visit the showroom or service center you service your car regular and be firm on the incident happened.

This has happened with my friend. He owns a Dzire Vdi, out of nowhere his music system has started to crack. According to him as days go by the cracks open up more. Initially the crack was small, but now it seems the whole glass will get cracked. He doesn't use the car much except once or twice a week. He parks his car outside without shade. This is something new which has happened. ( He has no babies or kids who would smash the glass and he uses the car by himself).

Any advice how to go about this will be appreciated.

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-file2.jpeg

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-file11.jpeg

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-file1.jpeg
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 22:04   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
You should visit the showroom or service center you service your car regular and be firm on the incident happened.
Unfortunately, they did not pay any attention. I assume the importers in Nepal are only care about selling cars. Yesterday, I tried contacting MSIL on Twitter. I am glad that they responded to my tweet and sent me a DM asking me to email to them everything in detail as they could not call my Nepalese phone number.

Similar incidents of damage have been posted on Facebook Dzire group by a few owners. To keep on winning customers' trust, MS should indeed take up this matter seriously. I will definitely post update in the thread when I get a reply from MSIL.
amitjha086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 18:35   #249
BHPian

Just came across this photograph depicting the damage caused by a rickshaw

https://www.rushlane.com/dealership-...-12268388.html
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-marutidzirerickshawcrash1.jpg  

oli.ferns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 12:43   #250
BHPian

Folks i have been having the below issues in my car:
1) Noise from the brake when you release the pressure on sudden braking
2) Gear change sound is clearly audible, this wasn't the case earlier
3) Left wiper blade juddering/getting stuck just before it reaches it final position during upward movement.

During 2nd service had raised these issues but they have reappeared with in 10 days :-(

The brake noise issues seems to be very common with the new Dzire as per the Maruti Dzire Owners and Fans Clud on Facebook.

Anyone else also facing similar issues like me?
Old 24th April 2018, 18:39   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
=====
Any advice how to go about this will be appreciated.
This is the same issue with the music system in my Dzire VDI AMT, I was wondering as to how this could happen as it is highly impossible something could hit and cause the glass to break. I will now take this to the notice of the dealer and will let you know.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th April 2018 at 20:48. Reason: Fixing broken Quote tags, also do trim the quoted posts for replies. Thanks.
Old 24th April 2018, 20:36   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
He parks his car outside without shade.
The sun's heat seems to be the culprit here. If parked under direct sunlight, it's better to cover the windshield and also open any one of the windows by an inch to allow the heated air to escape.
Old 26th April 2018, 19:23   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The sun's heat seems to be the culprit here. If parked under direct sunlight, it's better to cover the windshield and also open any one of the windows by an inch to allow the heated air to escape.
Normally I do not park the car in sun's heat but from the last 10 days I have been moving around a lot and noticed the crack on the music system glass.
Old 4th May 2018, 10:55   #254
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I have booked my car yesterday.

Updated here

Just wanted some quick advise on my confused mind

I have booked the car for the VXI manual variant. However, now that I have booked the car, I feel I should booked the zxi variant. Also, I am not able to zero on upon the color and hence looking for some advice.

a) what would be a good color to book between the Oxford Blue/Magma grey considering long term maintainability, color dullness and any other factors?

b) Is it worth while to upgrade to Zxi from Vxi considering that the dealer promises to handover a Vxi in the next 5 days and does not have a timeline for Zxi variant.

c) I am also confused whether I should be considering Vxi Automatic as well having driven a celerio AMT for the last 4 years. But somehow I was a little wary of how the gearbox would be able to pull the car with 4 people on boarding considering its a bigger car

Thanks

Last edited by vijay.s : 4th May 2018 at 11:05.
Old 4th May 2018, 19:08   #255
BHPian

Quote:
a) what would be a good color to book between the Oxford Blue/Magma grey considering long term maintainability, color dullness and any other factors?

b) Is it worth while to upgrade to Zxi from Vxi considering that the dealer promises to handover a Vxi in the next 5 days and does not have a timeline for Zxi variant.

c) I am also confused whether I should be considering Vxi Automatic as well having driven a celerio AMT for the last 4 years. But somehow I was a little wary of how the gearbox would be able to pull the car with 4 people on boarding considering its a bigger car
Congrats on booking your new car.

I have a Oxford Blue Dzire and the car looks ravishing in this as compared to grey. In terms of maintenance if you get the car cleaned frequently and polish it once in a while it would look great.

i personally feel one should go for the highest variant as it comes with all the bells and whistles. I just fell in love with the DRL and projector setup and ZXi+. couldn't look at other variants after that

Since you have been driving AMT car, i highly recommend to go for AMT. Yes manual is more fun but if your usage is max inside city with stop go traffic them AMT is the best solution. Being a bigger engine AMT performs much better in Dzire than in Celerio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks