Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2019, 18:18   #496

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Thanks All. Yes good discounts on highline too. I agree that the ride is stiff but I would take it given the dynamics of the car and roads are not that bad.

I too got floor mats but they dont cover the transmission tunnel carpet which will get dirty pretty soon.
If any of Tiggy owners find a floor mat set that covers the transmission tunnel, please share.
kamakaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 08:21   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
With VAG cars it is always recommended to rigorously stick to the schedule regardless of the triviality of the service.
True that. It was not intentional. Was on the road for quite a while (none recreational). Finally got it done yesterday.
Old 16th November 2019, 14:34   #498
BHPian

Finally Tiguan white delivered last Monday. It’s Comfortline variant.

Look forward VW journey as it’s first ever car from VW family, lot to learn ahead!

Thank you again for all the inputs on this critical decision (yes, it’s major life time event time to spend 30 lakh)

Will keep the pics for one more post as life otherside so busy and yet to get good time with Tiguan!
lokii_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 09:16   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Hello All, I picked up Tiguan Highline Orxy white yesterday. It replaced our trustworthy 12 year old Mitsubhishi cedia sports.

Is there a place in Pune where I can get 3d Kagu mats for tiguan? I have it in my Polo GT and love them.
Congrats 1000Horses. Happy motoring. I got a 7D mat which covers most of the floor from a local accessories guy in Bangalore. Will share the pic when I take one. The bottom line is that it is available and is of good quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Finally Tiguan white delivered last Monday. It’s Comfortline variant.

Look forward VW journey as it’s first ever car from VW family, lot to learn ahead!

Thank you again for all the inputs on this critical decision (yes, it’s major life time event time to spend 30 lakh)

Will keep the pics for one more post as life otherside so busy and yet to get good time with Tiguan!
Congrats lokii_83. Finally the car is home. Happy motoring.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 10:55   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaze View Post
If any of Tiggy owners find a floor mat set that covers the transmission tunnel, please share.
You will not get a set which covers the transmission tunnel. So I went for a noodle mat which can be cut as per your requirement and size.
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 07:40   #501
BHPian

Noticed a nifty little feature in Tiguan HL. If your reverse camera is covered with mud or dust and view is blurred/blocked, all you have to do is to put the gear lever in R mode and push the wiper stalk forward. There's a tiny sprayer next to camera which cleans the camera very well. I don't recall reading this in review.
drivingme.crazy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 11:52   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Noticed a nifty little feature in Tiguan HL. If your reverse camera is covered with mud or dust and view is blurred/blocked, all you have to do is to put the gear lever in R mode and push the wiper stalk forward. There's a tiny sprayer next to camera which cleans the camera very well. I don't recall reading this in review.
Yup. I am aware of it even before purchasing the car. Seen it somewhere.. Some of the other nifty features.
1. The radio quality is somehow not so good. The reason found out that there is no connection between the sharkfin antenna and the system, its wireless.
2.It has speed dependent volume. As you increase speed the volume goes up to compensate for the noise.
3.Also heard that it has this feature - if the car is locked, you open the boot and leave your key in the boot and close it. It opens up again.( only on HL model with auto start button) Did not dare to try
Old 19th November 2019, 19:09   #503
BHPian

Pics of the floor mat I was referring to. It seems to cover most of the stuff that needs to be covered
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan_fm1.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan_fm2.jpg  

raz0405 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 23:12   #504
BHPian

Thanks Raz for the picture. It seems fits very well.

I had enquired with Hot Tracks Bangalore and got a quotation of 10,990 for 5 piece Tiguan mats - 3D kagu max-spider. Though it covers the transmission tunnel, I see still gaps.

Anyone used this? Is the quality and the quoted price good?

Last edited by lokii_83 : 19th November 2019 at 23:15.
Old 20th November 2019, 08:39   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Thanks Raz for the picture. It seems fits very well.

I had enquired with Hot Tracks Bangalore and got a quotation of 10,990 for 5 piece Tiguan mats - 3D kagu max-spider. Though it covers the transmission tunnel, I see still gaps.

Anyone used this? Is the quality and the quoted price good?
I don't know about the Kagu mats. The one I have is of very good quality fits fine and also costs lesser than the quote you got. I got this from the guy at One SV car care JP Nagar, Bangalore. You can PM me for the number of the guy who deals with accessories in case you are interested.
Old 20th November 2019, 10:29   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
I don't know about the Kagu mats. The one I have is of very good quality fits fine and also costs lesser than the quote you got. I got this from the guy at One SV car care JP Nagar, Bangalore. You can PM me for the number of the guy who deals with accessories in case you are interested.
Raz,

Did you get your steel scuff plates from there also? or is that OEM?
Old 20th November 2019, 10:37   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Raz,

Did you get your steel scuff plates from there also? or is that OEM?
No. I got the scuff plates from Ali Express. Think they might have them too.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 19:44   #508
BHPian

I think I have a dead battery on my Tiguan; on Twisting the ignition key the car won't start, all the lights were flickering, and cabin lights were dim. 17K on the Odometer, 2-year-old vehicle and the battery dies on you :(

Does VW cover the battery under warranty? I have opted for 1+3 year extended warranty. Called the dealer and requested them to send the roadside assistance in the morning.
Old 26th November 2019, 19:49   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
3.Also heard that it has this feature - if the car is locked, you open the boot and leave your key in the boot and close it. It opens up again.( only on HL model with auto start button) Did not dare to try

Boot doesn't close if you leave the key inside boot. Has happened with me couple of time. It is indeed a very good feature. Your will never end up locking your car accidentally with the key inside.
Old 26th November 2019, 19:49   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
I think I have a dead battery on my Tiguan; on Twisting the ignition key the car won't start, all the lights were flickering, and cabin lights were dim. 17K on the Odometer, 2-year-old vehicle and the battery dies on you :(
Poor OEM battery is a known VW issue. Happened around 25K on our Vento. It has something to do with th choice of battery by VW and Indian driving conditions.

Replaced with Amaron.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks