Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 14:30   #646

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Did my first service of 1K Km. Also went for ceramic coating and PPF for bumpers. Looks very shiny now...]
Looks Great!

Is this done in 3M store? if yes how much did the film and Ceramic coating cost?
Old 8th March 2020, 14:41   #647

Few queries about Engine Oil:
  1. Whats the spec of the engine oil used by VW service in India
  2. EA288 used in India version Tiguan is with DPF?
  3. Any observation of Engine Oil consumption and happened to top up before 1 year/15k service? I had this experience with 1.8TSI engine and used to keep 1ltr 5w40 Shell Helix fully synthetic oil.
Old 8th March 2020, 16:52   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
Few queries about Engine Oil:
  1. Whats the spec of the engine oil used by VW service in India
  2. EA288 used in India version Tiguan is with DPF?
  3. Any observation of Engine Oil consumption and happened to top up before 1 year/15k service? I had this experience with 1.8TSI engine and used to keep 1ltr 5w40 Shell Helix fully synthetic oil.
1. It's Castrol edge professional 5W40 fully synthetic oil. Buy a 1L oil from a VW service centre of possible

2. Yes it appears that the EA288 does have a DPF in India. Yet to confirm this one though.

3. Susceptible to drinking a bit in summers majorly. My remapped TDI went through about 200ml in 10K km in summers. It has done 70K km. No problems in winters though and not at all as bad as the 1.8TSI.
Old 9th March 2020, 07:51   #649
BHPian

Noticed another feature in Tiguan that's missed out in review. When the ignition is switched off, push the indicator stalk down to actviate left single-side parking lights on (front and back). Push it up to activate the right side lights. Pretty usesful when you are parking temporarily in narrow lanes (switch left side only or right side only lights depending on which side you are parked). Does all VW cars in India have this?
Old 9th March 2020, 09:05   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
Looks Great!

Is this done in 3M store? if yes how much did the film and Ceramic coating cost?
Thanks Blackhorse - This was done in Ceramic pro in ECR, Chennai. Got good reviews everywhere including some of my friends who did it there. It costed me 50K for coating and 20K for PPF - I went for Gold package - 3 years maintenance included but 5 years warranty. This is a lot of money but so far it is looking nice. Need to see how it lasts in harsh summer months. Maintaining this coating is a bit of work. Any residual water mark stays there , cannot use a dry cloth.

Last edited by baskar : 9th March 2020 at 09:05. Reason: Name of the handle spelt wrongly
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 11:22   #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
1. It's Castrol edge professional 5W40 fully synthetic oil. Buy a 1L oil from a VW service centre of possible

2. Yes it appears that the EA288 does have a DPF in India. Yet to confirm this one though.

3. Susceptible to drinking a bit in summers majorly. My remapped TDI went through about 200ml in 10K km in summers. It has done 70K km. No problems in winters though and not at all as bad as the 1.8TSI.

I think Castrol Edge Pro is OE which is not available outside VW service. As you said need source from VW Service.
The manual says VW 504 and 507 standards are compatible. Wanted to check if "Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 API SM/SN Fully Synthetic Motor Oil" can be used though the Weight is different "5W30" instead of "5W40"

Few queries about Battery:
  1. Tiguan come with 60AH battery which is surprising for such a big SUV. Coz Vento also equipped with the same AH battery
  2. Old cars like Laura/Octavia/Jetta/Superb are equipped with 74AH. Is it possible to replace 60AH with 74 AH. For Ex: Instead of Amaron 566112060 (60AH) if we go with 574102069 (74AH).
  3. Is there an issue if we use higher AH battery and finally the battery compartment support 74AH battery?

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th March 2020 at 16:55.
Old 9th March 2020, 15:34   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Does all VW cars in India have this?
Yes, its common across all VWAG cars.
In fact all European manufacturers that ive had experience with (Mercedes, BMW, etc.) have a similar parking light set up though the manner to enable it differs across brands.

I actually found VWAG to have the simplest way of doing it.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 08:30   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Tiguan engine and most VW/Skoda diesel cars are Euro5 engines designed to take ULSD which is similar to BS6 grade fuel so for most euro cars like VW/Skoda/Audi/BMW you don't have to worry about BS6 fuel causing damage.

My Kodiaq which is same as Tiguan engine wise mentioned Euro5 fuel grade in build sheet. Ofcourse with DPF and SCR delete for India.

So when BS6 fuel does come out, the Kodiaq/Tiguan/Superb/Octavia/Jetta should not have any issues with BS6 fuel.
Hi Vid, Sorry if I'm asking a nob question. Remember reading somewhere that in Tiguan except the engine all are imported as ckd . Is it correct ? If so does it mean that the engine is manufactured in India and will it still be Euro5 compliance ?
Will be very happy if it is Euro5 and will have no issues with BS6 fuel
Old 10th March 2020, 09:02   #654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Hi Vid, Sorry if I'm asking a nob question. Remember reading somewhere that in Tiguan except the engine all are imported as ckd . Is it correct ? If so does it mean that the engine is manufactured in India and will it still be Euro5 compliance ?
VW was supposed to be localising the 2.0TDI engine here in India but I am not sure they ended up doing that in the end.

If you have the VIN of your Tiguan, you can put it up on the VIN decoding thread and see what fellow member wildon has to say with the build sheet.

My Kodiaq's build sheet had EU5 emission mentioned on it. I can't imagine Skoda to be using an imported engine but VW to use the same engine but locally made.
Old 10th March 2020, 10:33   #655
BHPian

I was looking into some remap options. Spoke to a few firms here in Bangalore and a stage 1 remap looks to give around 190-195bhp and 420-430Nm Torque.

Have any existing owners tried out a remap? Any tips or warnings?
Old 10th March 2020, 11:47   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
My Kodiaq's build sheet had EU5 emission mentioned on it. I can't imagine Skoda to be using an imported engine but VW to use the same engine but locally made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
If so does it mean that the engine is manufactured in India and will it still be Euro5 compliance ?
I was under the impression that EA288 were also being imported and the Tiguan complied with EURO5 norms. In fact, that was a primary reason that I went ahead with Tiguan.

Would really like clarification on this.

I would think that EA288 would either be imported or manufactured in India for application across the VAG range of cars. It doesn't make sense that the same engine would be manufactured in India for some cars and imported from outside for others.
Old 10th March 2020, 22:07   #657
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
I was under the impression that EA288 were also being imported and the Tiguan complied with EURO5 norms. In fact, that was a primary reason that I went ahead with Tiguan.

Would really like clarification on this.

I would think that EA288 would either be imported or manufactured in India for application across the VAG range of cars. It doesn't make sense that the same engine would be manufactured in India for some cars and imported from outside for others.
This is the thread being discussed:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...el-engine.html (VW India to localize production of EA288 2.0L diesel engine)
Old 10th March 2020, 22:12   #658
BHPian

Seen that. But the last update is of 2016 itself.

Google search regarding the issue lead me to an article by Autocar in 2017 where they mentioned that the local assembly of EA288 had been delayed as the volumes didn't justify local production.
Old 10th March 2020, 23:01   #659
Team-BHP Support

Ok so I found something interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Model :Tiguan 2.0 4Motion
Production Date: 16.12.2019
Above post from Wildon has a VW Tiguan build sheet. If you scroll down in build sheet it has this:

Quote:
7ML Emission standard,EU4 IND Bharat Stage 4
This is for a new car with production as December 2019.

For my Kodiaq (Oct 2019) with the same engine this is mentioned in the build sheet.

Quote:
7MJ Emission standard EU5 plus
This means the Kodiaq has an engine that meets Eu5+ emission norms but the Tiguan only meets EU4 norms.

Moreover an engine that meets EU5+ needs to run on ULSD (BS6 fuel).

However EU4 norms are for regular diesel and not ULSD.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 20:48   #660
BHPian

Does anybody else also hear any rattle from the rear left side of the car?

I have been noticing this on uneven roads. I haven't been able to figure it out yet as i haven't got an opportunity to sit at the back. But it looks like it's the seat or the door trim on the rear left.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks