Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2019, 02:20   #571
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
What could cause this ???

Now I need to scourge for a single alloy wheel

Did you did something hard ? I have hit quite a few potholes badly and survived with the exception of the wipers turning during that time. Alloys cracking while tires are fine is a first for me. Expected the tires to burst.

I wanted an alloy for the steel rim spare tire few years back and Hyundai quoted 15k+ per for this alloy type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
That sure looks like a manufacturing defect. You should take it up with Hyundai if there alloys are original Hyundai fitment.

Not sure if they will provide an alloy under warranty 3-4 years later. Might dismiss this as wear and tear or abuse. But still worth a try if owner wants to stick to factory alloys.
Old 17th February 2019, 14:06   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
Looking forward to a detailed thread/post on the upgrade and challenges faced, if any.
Here you go....
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...termarket.html
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:51   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Surely an issue with the quality of the unit supplied. Take this up with hyundai and do not budge. I would suggest mailing to their HQ as well to pursue this case with the higher echelon in parallel. This will expedite the case and will save you prolonged agony.

Driving with that spare would be an eye sore already.
Old 18th February 2019, 13:47   #574
BHPian

Does the MY19 Verna top sec SX(O) come with telescopic option for the steering. That was a grouse for many and has a mention in the review too, but the brochure now seems to mention telescopic steering option for the top spec SX(O)variant.

Last edited by SR-71 : 18th February 2019 at 13:52.
Old 22nd February 2019, 13:57   #575
BHPian

Am I the only one getting sub-par mileage in the city? Verna 2018, Petrol SX manual. Mostly driver-driven with my wife, the average on the MID comes to about 7-7.5km/l. Isn't that a tad low?
Old 22nd February 2019, 14:28   #576
BHPian

Quote:
How old is the car? A pothole hit should not create that. Take it up very seriously with Hyundai. They will not budge, but you have got to be assertive.

Your car is still covered under warranty?
Old 22nd February 2019, 20:13   #577
Senior - BHPian

Query to Hyundai Verna 1.6 Diesel AT owners:

1. How is the NVH?
My car has done 7300 kms in 3.5 months. I hear diesel noise or should I say clatter/knocking a lot inside the cabin. Worse than my other car Vento 1.6 TDI.

2. What is mileage you are getting in city?
Mine stands at pathetic 10 Kmpl driven 100% in Mumbai traffic.

3. Engine oil recommended for Verna be synthetic or mineral?
Thinking of changing to a better engine oil could help reduce the engine noise.

4. Tyre pressure for city do you suggest?
My car EX AT came with 185 65 R15. Recommended is 35 front and 33 rear. Car came shod with CEAT tyres, solid as rock.
Old 22nd February 2019, 20:51   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
How old is the car? A pothole hit should not create that. Take it up very seriously with Hyundai. They will not budge, but you have got to be assertive.

Your car is still covered under warranty?
No warranty. It is 4 years and 2 months old done 1.55L kms. Yes I have taken up the matter with Hyundai. Waiting for their response.

I didn’t hit a pothole anywhere, I was on smooth tarmac. NICE Road.
Old 22nd February 2019, 23:21   #579
BHPian

Quote:
No warranty. It is 4 years and 2 months old done 1.55L kms. Yes I have taken up the matter with Hyundai. Waiting for their response.
No issue during 155000 KMS in 4 years, might weaken your case, giving Hyundai a chance to reject your manufacturing defect claim. I feel manufacturing defect would have popped up during initial one or two years itself. Hope you get claim approval without any fuss.
Old 25th February 2019, 00:14   #580
BHPian

I have a Verna 1.6 EX AT, my answers below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

1. How is the NVH?
My car has done 7300 kms in 3.5 months. I hear diesel noise or should I say clatter/knocking a lot inside the cabin. Worse than my other car Vento 1.6 TDI.
Can't compare with Vento clatter but I'm not impressed by overall NVH levels, sometimes I find myself double checking if all the windows are closed!

In Delhi traffic I'm getting 14 during summers and 16 during winters (MID figures)

3. Engine oil recommended for Verna be synthetic or mineral?
Thinking of changing to a better engine oil could help reduce the engine noise.
SA's will push for synthetic oil definately, but mineral oil is good enough. Can't say if synthetic will resolve engine noise issue.

4. Tyre pressure for city do you suggest?
My car EX AT came with 185 65 R15. Recommended is 35 front and 33 rear. Car came shod with CEAT tyres, solid as rock.
Same with my car, I maintain 32 all around.

OT: While we are discussing EX variant, I want to upgrade to the higher model Anroid Auto head unit. Any pointers on how much will it cost from Hyundai? If too expensive, can it be sourced from somewhere else?
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 12:42   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Does the MY19 Verna top sec SX(O) come with telescopic option for the steering. That was a grouse for many and has a mention in the review too, but the brochure now seems to mention telescopic steering option for the top spec SX(O)variant.
Yes. The Sx(O) comes with both telescopic and tilt adjust.
ramneek009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 13:42   #582
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
Am I the only one getting sub-par mileage in the city? Verna 2018, Petrol SX manual. Mostly driver-driven with my wife, the average on the MID comes to about 7-7.5km/l. Isn't that a tad low?

I have exact same model, 2018 Petrol SX MT. Pure city driving with mad to semi mad traffic in Pune gets me between 10 to 11 KMPL. My source of fuel is Shell normal always. Car has run 7500 KM till date.

My observation, A/C kills the mileage especially during idling at signals. Also, sub-par fuel could have been an issue.

If at all possible, for city driving, try up-shifting at 2K RPM mark, it would help in marginally better result.
Old 25th February 2019, 18:05   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
sub-par mileage in the city?
Verna 2018,
Petrol SX manual.
average on the MID: ~7-7.5km/l.

Isn't that a tad low?
You haven't mentioned the a/c factor. But the current season doesn't warrant a/c usage. So if it is indeed without a/c, this sounds less. An avg of around 11 kmpl is definitely expected from a Verna 2018 Petrol MT.
spacescreamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 19:23   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
The additions to the 2019 Verna SX(O) include Telescopic steering and wireless charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

1. How is the NVH?

We have a friend's Verna with us with 4000 kms on the odo. It is a manual SX(O) though of Nov 2018 vintage. I find the NVH very refined---perhaps the most refined diesel I've ever driven.

The manual Verna diesel gives around 15.5 kmpl in Hyderabad city with AC always on, and around 19 on highway drives. This is using tankful-to-tankful method. The average FE displayed on the speedo is around 0.5 kms more.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 22:04   #585
BHPian

I have noticed that the newer Verna and Creta Automatic 1.6 CRDI Test Drive(relatively new <10000 kms) vehicles that I have driven had a faint connecting rod noise when I floor the accelerator.Under normal driving conditions it is hard to notice it.
I did not encounter this behavior in my 2009 Verna CRDI 1.5 AT which has done 110K kms so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks