Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2021, 23:05   #1051

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Happy to know your good experience abt verna.
Gradient may be around 30 degrees. Factory fitted Bridgestone are in good condition still. Without accelerator also my car climbs effortlessly with full occupancy and luggage, but issue is when I stop and start in the middle of the uphill.
Will get it checked by the service personnel by asking him to drive himself on such gradients. Once again thanks for your comments.
ybgavali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 01:10   #1052

Hi gents, I need some input with an issue I am facing in my Verna. About 2 months ago, I had an accident where I skidded at a turn and crashed into the pavement. Luckily there was no damage or injury to anyone else, the left side front wheel mount was damaged and the left rear wheel bent into a positive camber. Got the car towed and repaired at Hyundai and got it back 2 weeks ago. The repairs included replacement of the front left suspension, rear axle, alloys all covered under insurance. The front left tyre was damaged while loading the car onto the flatbed but this was not replaced by the service centre. Once the car was repaired and returned, I switched the stock Ecopia tyres immediately for Continental UC6 along with the alloys and then the car was parked for a week. After this, I observed that it is pulling to the left, i.e. the steering at times turns about 5 degrees to the left when left free, enough to switch lanes @ 40kmph. I got the alignment checked at the tyre shop and the front wheels switched but the issue remains. Not sure what the problem is, I am planning to approach Hyundai again for this issue since the car has run less than 100 kms since I got it back after repairs. I doubt if they can blame it on the new tyres and alloys. Can someone guide on what possible steps I could take? Could it just a simple alignment issue? The car is 2019 SXO petrol variant and has run less 8000kms in 2 years till now.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-a1.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-a2.jpg
RaghuSuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 09:56   #1053
BHPian

Hi All,

My Next-Gen Verna (Diesel SX[O]) will be shortly due for 50,000 service. If anyone has done this recently, can you please give me some pointers on things to be taken care of?

Also, I am still on stock Hankook tires and I might change the stock post 50K. I am planning to go to Michelin but

1. Not sure if Michelin availability is restored - Anyone has recently bought this?
2. I am planning to upsize the tires to 205/55 R16 from 195/55/R16 - Is this a valid upgrade?
3. If Michelin is not available - Yokohama is the next preferable brand?

In addition to the tires, I am still on stock battery.

1. Should I just go ahead and change the battery @ 50K (or) should I get the battery health verified?
2. I still don't see any issue with the battery or any glimpse of it going off. Any visible symptoms I can look for?

Thanks in advance for your input.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 12:26   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hi All,

3. If Michelin is not available - Yokohama is the next preferable brand?

In addition to the tires, I am still on stock battery.

1. Should I just go ahead and change the battery @ 50K (or) should I get the battery health verified?
2. I still don't see any issue with the battery or any glimpse of it going off. Any visible symptoms I can look for?
Michelin is generally believed to be the best ones available, with Yokohama following closely behind.

The battery health is checked during service. You can always get it checked at a battery store outside as well. The voltage during cranking is the one which indicates if the battery is on its way out. Watch out for delayed cranking. Any sort of delay and it is better to change immediately as it can go from half dead to a full collapse any time.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 12:56   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
After this, I observed that it is pulling to the left, i.e. the steering at times turns about 5 degrees to the left when left free, enough to switch lanes @ 40kmph. I got the alignment checked at the tyre shop and the front wheels switched but the issue remains. Not sure what the problem is, I am planning to approach Hyundai again for this issue since the car has run less than 100 kms since I got it back after repairs. I doubt if they can blame it on the new tyres and alloys. Can someone guide on what possible steps I could take? Could it just a simple alignment issue? The car is 2019 SXO petrol variant and has run less 8000kms in 2 years till now.
Please get the alignment corrected immediately, A good alignment shop should be able to get it corrected for you however why pay for it again when the vehicle was not supposed to be delivered to you like that after an accident repair. You should raise a complaint with Hyundai that vehicle was handed over to you without checking all these after an accident repair.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 17:57   #1056
BHPian

I currently drive a 2019 Petrol VTVT SX(O) Verna, which has 195/55 section Hankook tyres with 16" wheels.

I have driven around 13000 kms on my car. Over the period I felt the ride is very stiff and I can feel every imperfection of road and the shocks are directly transmitted to my spine.

This resulted in extreme lower back pain since 1 year and I was looking for a permanent fix for this issue.

I correctly maintain the recommeded PSI on all the tyres. I have taken car to Hyundai service center and explained the problem.
After analyzing the car they said there is some play in the rear shock absorbers and they will replace it under warranty.
I have agreed to this and once the parts arrived I got the new shock absorbers fitted on the car. Initially the suspension felt good and better than before but after a month of usage it is back to normal.

The problem is that the front wheels move normally over the humps and spead breakers but back wheels thuds through and the shock absorbers behave like there is no travel in them at all.

I used all the suggested methods like keeping tyres at 2 PSI lower than the recommended 35/33 PSI setup. Also used air cushion seating pads, It helped marginally but I can still feel shocks from the road.

On the same roads my new 2020 Polo and 2016 i10 both glides through without much problem, on both of them the suspension is soft and I feel lot better.

I need suggestions from the members on down-sizing the wheels to 15 inchers.

The lower variants of Verna has 15" wheels with 185/65 section tyres. I feel tall side walls will aid in better cushioning.

I need advice on swapping my current setup of 16" wheels 195/55 tyres with 15" alloys 185/65 section tyres.
Will there be any issue with braking? since the Verna offers both 16" and 15" wheels on the same car I feel there should not be an issue.
What should be the PCD, offset and width while swapping to 15" wheels?

Please guide me on this issue.

Last edited by RaceHorse : 19th September 2021 at 18:04.
RaceHorse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 20:04   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
I need suggestions from the members on down-sizing the wheels to 15 inchers.

The lower variants of Verna has 15" wheels with 185/65 section tyres. I feel tall side walls will aid in better cushioning.

I need advice on swapping my current setup of 16" wheels 195/55 tyres with 15" alloys 185/65 section tyres.
Will there be any issue with braking? since the Verna offers both 16" and 15" wheels on the same car I feel there should not be an issue.
What should be the PCD, offset and width while swapping to 15" wheels?

Please guide me on this issue.
Before you swap it, is it possible to try a lower variant Verna in the same roads you drive? Maybe talk to your Sales Advisor and see if they have one for you to try.

The reason why I'm saying this? Between 195/55 R16 and 185/65 R15, the sidewall difference is 12 mm in the 15". While this 12 mm will definitely help cushy up the ride, will it be good enough to not hurt you back is something I doubt.

If it's the suspension characteristic of the Verna that's the cause of your discomfort, then having a 10% taller sidewall may not solve the problem - try it out before you invest in it.
ph03n!x is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 11:34   #1058

Found a hack for the irritating beeps which the car makes when you lock it. Open the boot, lock the car with remote or button next to the door, then shut the boot.

Won’t work for opening the car though.
antony5279 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 13:05   #1059

Hi!
I have taken my Hyundai Next Gen Verna for 30,000km paid service. Looks like service advisor is trying to dupe me with unnecessary add-ons.

Following are the items I am uncertain about with their respective labour charges.
1. CALIPER-KIT FRONT BRAKE (BOTH) - ₹960
2. EGR (Exhaust gas recirculation) cleaner - ₹944
3. Service Pro Large - ₹472 (Coolant topup, all 4 power windows lubrication)
4. AC disinfectant - ₹678 (already said no to this)

Please help me understand if these are required and why.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20211010_1224232.jpg  

padukulkarni9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 15:04   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padukulkarni9 View Post
Hi!
I have taken my Hyundai Next Gen Verna for 30,000km paid service. Looks like service advisor is trying to dupe me with unnecessary add-ons.

Following are the items I am uncertain about with their respective labour charges.

Don't understand what caliper kit is at all. I don't think it's the brake pads. They aren't this cheap. Grease isn't this expensive. Ask him what exactly this is and if he isn't able to answer, tell him flat out you won't pay for it.

A 30K km run diesel, especially this CRDI doesn't need any EGR cleaner. EGR cleaning is only needed around the 70-80K km mark, and again, practically never heard of a CRDI ending up with a choked EGR. Another unnecessary item.

Coolant top up is fine. Power window lubrication might be lubricating the power window channels using a silicon spray. It's your wish whether you want to have it done or not.

AC disinfectant is just spraying a foam cleaner into all AC vents to clean them. It's nothing else. You can do this yourself at home and save a huge chunk of money.
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 21:48   #1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Don't understand what caliper kit is at all. I don't think it's the brake pads. They aren't this cheap. Grease isn't this expensive. Ask him what exactly this is and if he isn't able to answer, tell him flat out you won't pay for it.

A 30K km run diesel, especially this CRDI doesn't need any EGR cleaner. EGR cleaning is only needed around the 70-80K km mark, and again, practically never heard of a CRDI ending up with a choked EGR. Another unnecessary item.

Coolant top up is fine. Power window lubrication might be lubricating the power window channels using a silicon spray. It's your wish whether you want to have it done or not.

AC disinfectant is just spraying a foam cleaner into all AC vents to clean them. It's nothing else. You can do this yourself at home and save a huge chunk of money.
Thanks, vishy76 for the answers. I had asked the service representative to cancel all these extras out of suspension.

1. Brake caliper: When I asked he said it was just lubrication.
2. EGR cleaning: When asked for details he said it was for performance especially pickup improvement. I dropped this as I do not see any issue with performance.
3. Service pro Large: About coolant top-up, when asked the technician, he said it is done as a part of the periodic maintenance. Not sure why this disparity between service representative and technician.
4. AC disinfectant: I had said yes for this initially but canceled later. Any suggestions on a good DIY AC disinfectant spray?

Got to see a new initiative from Hyundai to live stream actual service. They share a link with OTP to see the live stream.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-hyundaiservicelivestream.jpeg  

padukulkarni9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 17:07   #1062
BHPian

Can somebody suggest good quality sports pedals for Verna AT. I saw the ones that come with latest Verna Turbo looks cool.

Any idea where they can be sourced from? Or any other alternatives?
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 07:25   #1063

Quote:
Hi!

Did my crdi service at 40k...did nothing you mentioned except coolant.
ybgavali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 08:56   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi!
Caliper kit - Mine wasn't changed at 30K service. Do not change if you're not facing any issues with braking - like brake shudders, uneven pad wear, disc warping, etc.
EGR Cleaner - Rip off.
AC Disinfectant - Rip off.

I have my EGR soft deleted - let me see if they suggest EGR cleaner in the next service.

Last edited by clevermax : 17th October 2021 at 08:59.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 20:06   #1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Caliper kit - Mine wasn't changed at 30K service. Do not change if you're not facing any issues with braking - like brake shudders, uneven pad wear, disc warping, etc.
EGR Cleaner - Rip off.
AC Disinfectant - Rip off.

I have my EGR soft deleted - let me see if they suggest EGR cleaner in the next service.
What do you mean by EGR soft deleted?
Have you set/reset some value related to it through software?
padukulkarni9 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks