Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2018, 10:39   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
What's the mileage that you have got till now?
Im getting 8-9 kmpl in the city with mostly an average run of about 12-15 kms. My usage is also very low and not on a daily basis.
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 11:34   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Hi ishlinea7260?
Absolutely , it’s as simple as plug and play.
Part cost is 2500 and labour was another 300.
I understand that there might be cheaper alternatives available aftermarket but since I had to send the car for the first service, I thought might get it done there only.
About the labour cost for installing LED’s on rear bumper , I guess they might charge you similar to what they charged me but since these LED’s are aftermarket ( I am guessing) you never know if they will entertain.
Old 19th August 2018, 13:14   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Almost a year into the ownership, the design and the car keep growing on me. Really love the black colour with the dirt and rain on the sides.

Petrol Manual is a breeze to drive. The mileage is not very satisfactory.
My Verna AT Petrol is 2 months old and it is absolutely loveable. And talking of dirt and rain, Red gives tough fight to Black.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-1908201812112262967317311.jpeg  

realcoolhand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 21:25   #304
BHPian

My Verna SX(O) had arrived at the dealership on Saturday, 11-Aug-2018. Since I was out of town, I performed a detailed Pre-Registration Inspection today. The vehicle is a July-2018 manufactured car and the odometer read 18 kms. The car is shod with Bridgestone Ecopias, while the spare is a Ceat 185/65 R15 tyre. Overall, happy with the car allotted to me.

Signed the registration papers and asked the SA to proceed for registering the car. Also got the insurance done myself through Tata AIG and mailed the insurance policy to the dealership. I have asked them to get the car ready for delivery by Saturday, 25-Aug-2018, along with the Number Plates and Fast Tag.
Old 20th August 2018, 14:44   #305
BANNED

Quote:
Im getting 8-9 kmpl in the city with mostly an average run of about 12-15 kms. My usage is also very low and not on a daily basis.

Petrol, manual and BLACK, should I say high-five.

My Phantom has just turned one month with 2100 KM on ODO. I would say, for me the mileage factor is as expected. I drive in Pune city with average of 20 KM a day with average speed of 16 KM per hour based on inbuilt computer' calculation. I am getting 10.5 - 11.5 average mileage using shell normal petrol (measured with tankful to tankful). On highway, I am getting something between 15-17 KMPL, which IMO is extremely satisfactory.

On a separate note, I am having this issue in rain with rain water sticking to rear windshield resulting in zero rearward visibility using IRVM. I somehow missed the rear wiper of my humble outgoing hatch. Also, on my last Goa trip, my window glasses were having extensive sessions of mud bath courtesy to the trucks and in process rendering the ORVM invisible too. Any suggestion on how to deal with it? Why can't the sedans have rear washer and wiper?

Last edited by PetrolRider : 20th August 2018 at 14:55.
Old 24th August 2018, 17:02   #306
BHPian

Got the third service(20k) done for my dad's 1.6 crdi Verna.

Apologize for the quality of the pic.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180824-4.42.55-pm.jpeg

The Verna diesel filter costs half the cost of Elite I20s.
The SA told me even the brake pads cost very less when compared to Elite I20.

Any idea on why it's significantly cheaper when compared to lesser capacity 1.4 crdi which costs Rs.1600. Is it due to localization or do you think they might have messed up with wrong part?? Fellow bhpian's if you have got diesel filter changed for new Verna please do upload the invoice for the same.
Nikhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 02:30   #307
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating to buy the automatic verna (preferably a petrol) and have a question to the ones who currently own and drive it.

I currntly own a 2012 dzire 4 speed torque converter automatic. It has an inherent problem with the air conditioning. It doesn't work when car is reversing or is moving in stop go traffic (when stuck in traffic jams) where B pedal manages the movement. Is it the same with the verna automatic?
Old 26th August 2018, 08:59   #308
Senior - BHPian

Does the Verna's accessory sockets (front and back) remain on when the car is switched off?
Old 26th August 2018, 11:02   #309
BHPian

1.6 SX(O) VTVT - Flame Orange

After a nearly month long wait I finally got my hands on my Verna SX(O) Petrol aka "Eggsy", yesterday.

The dealership made one small goof-up on the owner's manual by entering incorrect VIN, Engine No. and Tyre details. I made them correct it, before doing a full PDI (had done the PRI last Sunday). The door sill plates, which was offered complimentary, was also not available in stock but they promised to install it within 2 weeks. I made them write it to me in an email so that there is no issue later on. But other than that it was a good experience dealing with Advaith Hyundai, Avalahalli.

From the showroom headed straight to Shell to fill up the tank and adjust the tyre pressures, which were originally set to 52!! Went on a short drive on the Bangalore - Tirupati Highway and had lunch at Torino's Cafe. Food was good and the location is excellent for taking car photos.

Coming back to the car, one word to describe it would be awesome! Feels damn premium and the engine is butter smooth. It's so easy to drive in the city and feels right at home on the highways too. Loaded to the gills with bells and whistles and doesn't skimp of safety features either - a complete package! I ended up driving more than 100 kms on day 1 itself as I simply couldn't resist! Anyways, I'll hope to pen down an ownership review some time down the line as I find out more about the car - the good and the bad. For now, enjoying every bit of what it has to offer.

Looks smashing in Flame Orange.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-verna-collage.jpg
red.devil_19 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 14:45   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
After a nearly month long wait I finally got my hands on my Verna SX(O) Petrol aka "Eggsy", yesterday.

Hey red.devil. Congratulations on your new acquisition. Verna is a good car and surely looks hot in that flame orange colour. Hope you have endless happy miles with the Verna. Looking forward to your ownership thread as well. There are very few on the new Verna and yours will help fellow members interested in Verna further. Happy motoring mate. 😊
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 16:31   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi Guys,

I am contemplating to buy the automatic verna (preferably a petrol) and have a question to the ones who currently own and drive it.

I currntly own a 2012 dzire 4 speed torque converter automatic. It has an inherent problem with the air conditioning. It doesn't work when car is reversing or is moving in stop go traffic (when stuck in traffic jams) where B pedal manages the movement. Is it the same with the verna automatic?
I read about this problem in your ownership thread too.

It is indeed surprising that AC stops cooling when you reverse the car or when you start moving from the standstill. There is no reason it shall be like this by design. The cooling shall stop only during the cranking.

Have you asked about this to the MASS?
Old 26th August 2018, 19:43   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Does the Verna's accessory sockets (front and back) remain on when the car is switched off?
If you mean the USB ports, no they don't. But they will remain powered as long as the key is in and is in the accessories position, just before ignition on.

Quote:
Hi Guys,
There is no such issue with the Verna AT.

My SX+ AT Diesel is almost turning 1 year! 13K kms done, second service was done when it was 10K Kms, it was about INR 2300.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-psx_20180415_193249.jpg

Replaced the stupid sounding horn with a better windtone. Still trying to see if I can replace the cheap sounding lock/unlock beeper.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-psx_20180721_174454.jpg
No, she didn't open the boot by herself

Last edited by clevermax : 26th August 2018 at 19:53.
clevermax is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 19:57   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

No. I have the Sx(O) AT and the AC works as long as the engine is running. The Verna’s 6-Speed TC will be a big upgrade in for highway journeys. It is tuned well. The SX(O) is the best bang for your buck. For less than the price of the city you get many more features. If you can buy the SX(O) then definitely go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
With keyless ignition it works as soon as the car is unlocked and switches off after 30mins of locking due to the Battery Saver feature
Anirudh_sai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 10:14   #314
Senior - BHPian

Guys what is the change interval for diesel Verna's diesel particulate filter and how much does it cost ?
Old 29th August 2018, 00:23   #315
BHPian

A couple of pics of my 1.6 SX(O) A/T VTVT. Delivered Friday(24th Aug). Review / opinion soon!

She has tough competition - I shall be comparing her with my ever capable F30 320d, and somewhat with my erstwhile 124 (with reasonable expectations considering her segment, price point, and practicality of course!)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_8383.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_8380.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_5328.jpg  

ayushagarwal26 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks