Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 11:50   #1471

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Hi,

I am planning to buy a 2018 Ford Esocport Titanium+ AT via Spinny which has run around 20K kms.. I am doing my test drive tomorrow to see the car in person

However, How has the service been (especially in Mumbai/Thane region) after the Ford exit?

Can any of the current owners comment if it is worth considering? (if the vehicle goes through my usual checklist after my TD tomorrow)
Old 10th March 2023, 20:12   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrozGuy View Post
Hi,

I am planning to buy a 2018 Ford Esocport Titanium+ AT via Spinny which has run around 20K kms.. I am doing my test drive tomorrow to see the car in person

However, How has the service been (especially in Mumbai/Thane region) after the Ford exit?

Can any of the current owners comment if it is worth considering? (if the vehicle goes through my usual checklist after my TD tomorrow)
Absolutely zero issues in terms of Ford service and maintenance. I can tell you that my Honda City is way more expensive to service than the Ford Ecosport. I am in Bangalore, I'm sure it'll be no different in Mumbai.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 19:55   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Zero issues with Ford service so far. The service centre I have been going to for the past 4 years is still open and costs are way lower than the Hyundai car I also have at home. However, what happens to Ford service in the next 2 - 3 years is up for debate.
ashenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 21:56   #1474

Thanks for the responses.. I did a TD for the car and liked the condition of the car

The only issue is the car still had stock Bridgestone 17 inch tyres 205/50/R17.. Although the owner said he hasn't really faced any issues on driving the car in the past 5 years on highways and city and was pretty confident about the condition..

The tyres are driven for 18K Kms, but after readong some of the threads here, I don't know if I should keep them or just replace them with new Apollo/Michelin ones..

I am attaching the condition of the tyres

Any recommendations if the tyres look OK to drive for another 10k kms?2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-tyre4.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-tyre3.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-tyre2.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-tyre1.jpg
Old 12th March 2023, 11:25   #1475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the responses.. I did a TD for the car and liked the condition of the car

The only issue is the car still had stock Bridgestone 17 inch tyres 205/50/R17.. Although the owner said he hasn't really faced any issues on driving the car in the past 5 years on highways and city and was pretty confident about the condition..

The tyres are driven for 18K Kms, but after readong some of the threads here, I don't know if I should keep them or just replace them with new Apollo/Michelin ones..

I am attaching the condition of the tyres

Any recommendations if the tyres look OK to drive for another 10k kms?
I own the first batch of facelifted EcoSport and had the same Bridgestone Ecopia 205/50/R17 tyres. I did ran into problems and stranded in highways twice due to very low profile tyres.

Regardless of the tyre condition, my recommendation to you is, change the tyres to 215/55/R17 Yokohama Earth-1. That will definitely give you peace of mind and not to worry about it or drive in fear in back of mind.

I changed it about an year back and already drove more than 20K kms. My friends based on their recommendation i changed already drove 30k or even more kms. All are extremely happy and no one faced any problems after switching over to higher profile tyres.

From an EcoSport purchase perspective, its indeed a gem of car and wise decision to purchase. Ford service is excellent and never had problems till date and is cheapest of all. However, i also want you to be aware that, as years pass by, there won't be resale value much and you are better off to use the car till it serves you well.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 13:35   #1476

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I own the first batch of facelifted EcoSport and had the same Bridgestone Ecopia 205/50/R17 tyres. I did ran into problems and stranded in highways twice due to very low profile tyres.

Regardless of the tyre condition, my recommendation to you is, change the tyres to 215/55/R17 Yokohama Earth-1. That will definitely give you peace of mind and not to worry about it or drive in fear in back of mind.

I changed it about an year back and already drove more than 20K kms. My friends based on their recommendation i changed already drove 30k or even more kms. All are extremely happy and no one faced any problems after switching over to higher profile tyres.

From an EcoSport purchase perspective, its indeed a gem of car and wise decision to purchase. Ford service is excellent and never had problems till date and is cheapest of all. However, i also want you to be aware that, as years pass by, there won't be resale value much and you are better off to use the car till it serves you well.

-Ravi
Would this affect suspension/fuel economy/braking etc in anyway?

Also, I am also considering Continental UC6 OR Michelin with Yoko.. Which one is the best in terms of curtailing road noise inside the cabin?
Old 13th March 2023, 11:53   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would this affect suspension/fuel economy/braking etc in anyway?

Also, I am also considering Continental UC6 OR Michelin with Yoko.. Which one is the best in terms of curtailing road noise inside the cabin?
No impact to suspension or braking or FE. As i said, there are many people before you who had changed this and are very happy.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 13:06   #1478

Hi,

what is the latest version of Sync3 we have in India?

I just bought a Ecosport 2018 AT and it shows me Sync 3 V2.3. I connected to wifi to check for any new updates and it does not show me any..

Can anyone point me to a link to check if there is any pending updates for Sync3 which I can apply?
Old 26th March 2023, 23:06   #1479
BHPian

Hi @altrozguy,

The current version is SYNC3 v3.4.22200. This is what has been updated by the service station when my car had been for service last month.

You can check the availability of the version pertaining to your model from ford website. I guess you have not yet registered in the portal. You will get to know if new version of SYNC3 is available for your car and will be able to download the same from the official site itself.
sundarsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 11:35   #1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarsarma View Post
Hi @altrozguy,

The current version is SYNC3 v3.4.22200. This is what has been updated by the service station when my car had been for service last month.

You can check the availability of the version pertaining to your model from ford website. I guess you have not yet registered in the portal. You will get to know if new version of SYNC3 is available for your car and will be able to download the same from the official site itself.
Thanks Sundar

I am waiting for the RC transfer and then would register/send an email to Ford about it.. Any notable changes from V2.3 to V3.4?

I cannot find changelog related to this anywhere
Old 28th March 2023, 11:52   #1481

Bought a Ford Ecosport 2018 Titanium+ Automatic: Review

This was a completely impulse purchase for me!

I wanted to switch to an automatic car after having driven & owned manual all my life (Estilo, i20, Altroz).. I was generally browsing through Spinny when I saw a used Ecosport Automatic with their new Dragon Petrol Engine from 2018 freshly listed which was driven less than 20K kms.. I was hooked and intrigued..

I booked the car (so no-one else can block it) and then called it for a TD.. The car was very well maintained and had minor 2/3 dents which weren't a deal breaker.. Although I was suspicious of why the car was being driven so less in the past 5 years, so I a) wanted to check their service records b) wanted to also speak to the owner to hear their reason to sell the car

Spinny was open to share the service records with me, although in an Excel file.. I ended up doing another TD and this time took the car directly to the Ford Service centre to get it checked and verify the service records. The Spinny reps did not mind and accompanied me on the drive to ensure I was completely satisfied.. No accidental repairs and all the service records were present in the service center.. Point 1 Checked!

Spinny Rep did not want to share the owner's number citing privacy reasons etc. So I told him to send me the insurance copy of the car which was basically renewed 3 weeks ago with Zero depreciation (which added to the mystery).. I got the owner's number from the Insurance policy and called him up the same evening.. He had every reason to not entertain me (since he had already sold the car to Spinny), but he spoke and explained me the reason for him to sell that car.. That car was generally used as his office goer only (10Kms up and down).. With the pandemic, he hadn't really used the car much in 2 years out of the 5.

He generally upgrades his cars every 5 years and was planning to give this to his daughter.. But she insisted on getting her a newer car and he ended up selling this to Spinny in a momentary decision.. He even verified that he had renewed the Zero Dep insurance a week ago and had no intentions to sell this car.. I believed him! (and the mystery was solved) Point 2 checked!

I asked him about his experience with Satyam Ford in general and Ford services in Mumbai/Thane region.. He said they did not dissapoint.. He didn't even visit the service centre in the past 3 years and had the car picked up and dropped with full transparency on the pricing of the service (no funny business!). I did ask him about the R17 issues with the car and he said he had not faced any issues on the tyres till now and they were stock from the day he bought them (which I checked and confirmed).. The tyres were all stock and not replaced from the Bridgestone Ecopia series. I did intend to replace them anyway since the tyres were 5 years old and I was planning to take the car on longer road trips later anyway..

Coming to the Test Drive:
I loved the Torque Converter unit! Smooth and efficient in city traffic with little to no jerks.. The suspension was stiff (which is an Ecosport trait) but the highway handling and braking was in excellent condition...Just like I had experienced it in my Altroz during the highway rides.. If you do need instant acceleration, it will take 1-2 seconds for the throttle to respond when you press the full pedal.. Although, I don't really drive hard, so this was not a deal breaker for me..

And so i took the plunge and bought the car which can serve as an occasional highway weekend ride for me and my wife.. Since she is just learning to drive, an automatic might be a good choice for her as a city commute car to not worry about stalling etc..

Review so far:

Currently I have driven it around 500 Kms in 2 weeks in and around the city and not dissapointed! I am loving the ease with which it drives..

The mileage is abysmal in the city giving around 9-10 Km/l but I don't intend to use it as my daily office car anyway, so it isn't a deal breaker for me! I expect the highway mileage to be better in the range of 13-14 km/l

The fit and finish still looked top notch and almost new with no panel gaps and inconsistencies.. Coming from owning a Tata car, this was such a relief..
No rattling sounds anywhere on bumps or high speeds.. Ex-Maruti Owner in me was impressed

The 2018 facelift came with the Sync 3 system which is still today one of the best infotainment systems to use compared to all the Tata/Mahindra/Maruti Infotainment systems I have used.. No lag and buttery smooth..

Paddle shifters + Sports Mode is a great combination when you want to have fun on a highway which I have done in a limited capacity on Mumbai - Panvel highway.

Spinny gives a 1 year warrant on Engine + Gearbox and 3 months on all electronics, so I am thinking of taking a Ford Extended Warranty after Year 6 with their 'Anytime Warranty' program.

I intend to take this car soon to Mahabaleshwar and will update on how it performs in the hills..
AltrozGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 18:23   #1482
BHPian

Quote:

Bought a Ford Ecosport 2018 Titanium+ Automatic: Review

I intend to take this car soon to Mahabaleshwar and will update on how it performs in the hills..
Congrats on your purchase. Consider making a new thread posting pics and more details of your new ride.

As of Mahabaleshwar, it will perform great, dont worry Do look into this Ford Official Panchgani trip which happened yrs back with a huge convoy of Ecosports !

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...panchgani.html (Travel Diaries of Mumbai/Pune Ford Owners : Panchgani)
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 20:44   #1483

Thanks Sam..I intend to do that soon

Going through the thread you pasted.
AltrozGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 09:24   #1484

'SEE MANUAL' warning and loss of power on FORD ECOSPORT 1.5 petrol

Hi, I am currently experiencing a severe problem in my Ford EcoSport petrol: the SEE MANUAL warning along with a WRENCH SYMBOL has popped up, and in addition, there is loss of power.

When I press the accelerator in this situation, the car will vigorously vibrate and the rpm won't go beyond 1500. But when I stop the car and restart it, the warning and loss of power will go off. Earlier, this used to happen once in 3 months or so, but nowadays, it happens every single day, causing me more trouble on the road. Does anyone know what this might be or any possible (affordable) solutions?

Please see the attached photo.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20221119085046.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd June 2023 at 20:14. Reason: Post formatting
Old 8th May 2023, 10:16   #1485
BHPian

Folks, test drove couple of automatic version with Dragon engine as planning to pick up one. One was 2020 with Fly audio and other 2018 with Sync. There was a world of difference in audio output, want to know if the difference is only in HU or speakers too. Also black-biege interior looks horrendous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks