Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:41   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I don`t think they have this as they categorically said this require driveshaft replacement. However, I had a talk with Deviprasad ASM of Cauvery Ford and he had assured me to get this checked ASAP. Things are certainly rolling at Ford end and hope to get this addressed without much of an issue. Thanks to BHPian nkumarblr for bringing this to the attention of higher-ups at Ford via Ecosport FB group, I will update the thread with the progress on this issue.
They certainly have individual boots available for repair. Have a look:

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-64.png

In this case you should first get the driveshaft inspected. If it doesn't have any noise then you should go for the kit replacement only(unless driveshaft is being replaced under warranty).
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:21   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
Any one - who has driven Creta 2020 Petrol IVT and Ecosports petro AT, could you please compare the NVH and Ride quality of the both ?
Creta's ride is softer and more pliant than EcoSport, while NVH is comparable for both. I found the EcoSport more chuckable though, while felt like taking care of the Creta on broken roads.

Frankly, if ride-quality and NVH are the sole criteria there is scarcely much to choose between them.
Punatic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:04   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
They certainly have individual boots available for repair. Have a look:

Attachment 2037303

In this case you should first get the driveshaft inspected. If it doesn't have any noise then you should go for the kit replacement only(unless driveshaft is being replaced under warranty).
Thanks Shashi for bailing me out here, I have driven more than 100kms now since the time I have noticed leak. I can confirm there is no noise heard during turns. Having said that leak is persistent because it was thoroughly cleaned while leaving ASC and upon reaching home on checking I could see grease spillage. It is not alarming as such because hole is very small but till the time part comes I will have to avoid taking her out.

I will discuss with ASM and will put forward your inputs and update the progress.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 07:06   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
Any one - who has driven Creta 2020 Petrol IVT and Ecosports petro AT, could you please compare the NVH and Ride quality of the both ?
Ride quality is softer in Creta.

NVH also is better in Creta, although Ecosport is also not bad in this.

There are no vibrations that I felt in the Ecosport, but engine noise is little more than Creta under normal driving. When revved, amount of noise is somewhat similar but I did not at all get annoyed (infact liked a bit) by the CVT noise of the Creta (which is anyway less compared to other CVTs out there). But I did not like the noise from Ecosport's engine at high rpm. It was as if engine is trying very hard to accelerate. Did get a little bit annoyed.
Mynameis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 12:13   #1325
BHPian

It seems that people have figured out how to use Android Auto and Apple Carplay into the flyaudio unit without opening up the dashboard and accessing it's sdcard (though it's look like you need to purchase a dongle that connects to the usb port for this to work).

Posting it for the benefit of members who might not know this yet but frankly it's ridiculous that people have to struggle for Android Auto/Apple Carplay in 14L (on road) cars when even hatchbacks get this feature these days.
JithinR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 09:43   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Issue 1. RPM increases suddenly while depressing clutch during idle and occasional jerk seen while moving in first gear.

Issue 2. “Brake applied Power reduces” getting poped up in the console whenever brake is engaged.
Attachment 2037185

Issue 3. There were some deposits of green grease like thing spread above the driveshaft.
Got my car back yesterday, overall it took 5 days for them to fix as many of the parts had to be ordered.

For issue1, it turned out to be clutch switch and was replaced under warranty.

Issue2: Accelerator sensor along with accelerator pedal was replaced under warranty. This has been a common issue reported by many folks and unfortunately most of the ASC won`t be having this part readily available.

Issue3: As rightly pointed out by @leoshashi, they replaced cv boot alone. This alone had costed me around 5k as it was not covered under warranty.

Apart from above issues, timing belt and tensioner pulley had to be replaced as there were excessive sound coming during cold start. It was also replaced under warranty.

Compared to my 85K run Figo which had one major issue related to injector failure, here I am surprised by the list of issues getting cropped up in my 25k run car which has been doing highway duties than city ones. Overall bill came around 14k which includes 30K routine service charges, wiper replacement, etc. Keeping aside the initially problems I had faced with them, Cauvery Ford did a good job in communicating upfront about the progress and getting work done in a commendable manner.

Damaged CV boot
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-d79c37d065bd4e709d315b8aa3a3ac6a.jpeg
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 06:29   #1327
BHPian

This Ganesh Chaturthi, we welcomed the successor to my Ford Fusion+, who's been with us since September 2005. She finally had her bidaai a month before turning 15, and a reluctant bidaai at that, about three years ahead of schedule. I intended to renew her registration and keep her for short grocery trips etc and rely on Uber et al for my commutes, that have become very rare these days anyway. Or perhaps look for a sedate and reliable workhorse from the Maruti stable alongside her [related thread (Petrol S-Cross or Petrol Vitara Brezza?)]. That was all Before Covid, of course.

With shared-space commutes suddenly out of the question, I started looking for a new car soon as the lockdowns started easing. And I would now be needing a successor, not a companion, to the Fusion. And since I would not be doing any Ubering, I would need the successor to be something that I'd feel like driving for hours together and indeed years together. Now, I had originally hoped for an EV to follow my Fusion someday, after her 18th maybe, but at the moment the requisite charging infrastructure is still inadequate, so those new-tech cars were ruled out. Nonetheless this turned out to be a pretty exciting time to be a car buyer below the 20L bracket. Still, it was a pretty emotional day when we said goodbye to our loyal darling!

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20200814wa0003.jpg
(Mrs. P sneaked a pic of the moment our Fusion left her dwelling for the last time)

As mentioned, I had started out with Maruti's Brezza/S-Cross Nexa siblings, but somehow they simply did not click with me. I don't have much of an explanation for that, really. Too-Many-Years-With-a-Ford Syndrome, let's call it. Didn't consider the XL6 from the same showroom, far too much overkill for my two-person family. The Renault Triber AMT on the other hand was very much considered, due to its brilliant packaging and removable third-row of seats. Sadly, an underwhelming test drive put paid to that as a contender. [related post (The Renault Triber AMT, now launched at 6.18 lakhs)].

With a tentative budget set at 15L to prevent us (read: me) getting giddy due to such a lengthy interval since the last time we shopped for a car, we then visited Kia for a look at the Seltos. Unsurprisingly, this proved to be a serious contestant, especially the top-end with the 6 airbags and the HUD and ventilated seats. That's a pretty good combination of sense and giddiness, really. The on-road for that top variant was going to be 20L though, which was a bit of a silly expenditure for someone whose driving has diminished to 2-3k km/year. Add the larger size to the equation and I began to worry if Mrs P, who's barely driven but intends to do so now, would ever want to touch it. And the DCT was an additional concern, though probably one that would never rear its head for my kind of usage.

So Seltos was parked for the minute, as was its cousin Creta, which is basically the same set of ATCGs. Neither of us liked the Hyundai Venue or the Tata Nexon, by the way, though they both have so much going for them. It is perhaps best explaind by the Seltos SA, who had summed it up nicely when speaking with us pre-TD: "We know Ford customers rarely abandon the brand." And we really had spent far Too Many Years With a Ford. The new turbo-powered Nissan Kicks was the next contender (on paper), but when Nissan called us up in response to my website inquiry, they informed us that there are no dealers currently operational in Pune, and I would have to travel to Panvel for a test drive. And servicing too, obviously, in the event of a purchase. No, thank you.

The Honda showroom was the next stop to have a look at the 5th Generation City, just on a whim really. We happened to show up the day of the launch, and they were really happy to have a walk-in out of the blue. They didn't have the CVT available though, it was already out on a TD apparently, so we went for a spin in the Petrol ZX MT. And I loved it. We had a 2nd Gen City in the joint family and have a 3rd Gen one and two 4th Gen ones in the extended family, so I'm very familiar with this car, but I had never enjoyed it as much as this one. The SOHC to DOHC transition is quite evident, and the build quality has returned to what it used to be. The additional gizmos are fun too [related post]. But when Crystal Honda's SA, a nice chap named Saurabh, showed up at my home later in the week with the CVT, I had to veto it. It simply was not the same driving experience, even when I tried the CVT's manual mode. And with the dimensions greater than the Seltos, Mrs. P was anyway a touch uncomfortable. And remembering that we stay in Hinjewadi, whose roads in the monsoon resemble a rain-water harvesting project and are akin to the lunar surface for the rest of the year, a sedan really needed to pull at the heartstrings to win me over. The City MT did so, but I was in the market for an AT.

Between the two City drives, I also tried the Yaris, the thinking in a nutshell being "might as well". That car though couldn't even locate my heartstrings, much less pull at them. Actually I don't think it is designed to acknowledge the existence of a heart. It's definitely appealing to the brain though - solid build, 7 airbags, Toyota reliability. Maybe 15 years further down the line, when I expect to look at driving as a chore, I'll look at whatever Toyota has in store for us.

So, with options running out, and the Sonet (or the turbo Duster) unavailable before the Fusion turned 15, we shrugged our shoulders and visited the Ford showroom. And obviously we loved every minute of the multiple EcoSport test drives. Nothing surprising of course. It really seemed the ideal car for our use-case: its cons (cramped rear seats, low fuel mileage) were immaterial for us with low usage and low passenger-loads, its pros (build quality + safety, fun to drive, high ground clearance) coincided with our Hinjewadi + Pune + bhpian needs, and our existing relationship with Dhone Ford [related thread (Excellent service experiences with Dhone Ford, Pune)] meant this really was a no-brainer. The Titanium+ AT at 13.82L OTR (with 5 years extended warranty and Road-Side Assistance) was appropriately priced too I felt, and when Pramod at Dhone Ford, Kothrud threw in the exchange and loyalty and corporate bonuses, it was impossible to resist the EcoSport and recall the parked Seltos.

We booked her on 31st July by paying 25k, paid the balance amount on 14th August and delivery was done on the 22nd.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20200822wa0010.jpg

There's a saying in Marathi: काखेत कळसा गावाला वळसा (the sentiment is conveyed by the hindi equivalent जिस्को ढूंढा गली गली वो घर के पिछवाडे मिली) which sums up this journey. The one that I was looking for was the one I had seen every six months during the Fusion's scheduled services for the past many years. She was right there all along, and she's home now. Here's to Another Fifteen Years With a Ford!

Note: Many thanks to all the personnel at all the showrooms for following the sanitisation protocols to the T. They were also happy, and indeed keen, to wipe my Fusion down after their guy had done the "valuation" for the exchange.
Punatic is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 06:30   #1328
BHPian

Let me the first one to congratulate you for your new ride. Co incidentally I have also owned both Ford fusion (now with my father) and ford Ecosport and both are awesome machines to have in your lives.
And as Seltos SA has already summed up "We know Ford customers rarely abandon the brand."
After driving Ford Fusion for 7 years, I booked ford ecosport on the day of launch, purchased it without any test drive. And after driving ecosport for 7 years and one lakh kms, I dont find any car that can really replace it. We can now assume that Ford use some Dope substance in their package, for which we become their car sucker forever.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 06:31   #1329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punatic View Post
With shared-space commutes suddenly out of the question, I started looking for a new car soon as the lockdowns started easing.
Congratulations on the new Ford, Punatic! Great Initial impressions. Glad to know that the Fusion served you well throughout the 15 years she was with you. One of my friends' parents owned a 2003 Fusion and at that time (Year 2009) it was one good car! The legroom was phenomenal and 4 kids could easily have been fit there. Plently of creature comforts and the uniqueness of it was something I cherish while remembering every moment in that car that I spent.

Quote:
And remembering that we stay in Hinjewadi, whose roads in the monsoon resemble a rain-water harvesting project and are akin to the lunar surface for the rest of the year, a sedan really needed to pull at the heartstrings to win me over.
Haha! Can relate to this perfectly well. Even South Pune is pretty much full of flooded roads but the Vento & Spark are always up for the challenge.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 08:38   #1330
BHPian

Congratulations Punatic!

I wish you a safe and great ownership journey of your new blue oval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punatic View Post
It is perhaps best explaind by the Seltos SA, who had summed it up nicely when speaking with us pre-TD: "We know Ford customers rarely abandon the brand." And we really had spent far Too Many Years With a Ford.
Seltos SA has hit the ball out of the court. It is very much like you and me, I know at least 6 families who are loyal to Ford and they love to keep it with them as many years as it could serve. My Figo just turned 8 years and still going strong. It is still doing duties as a beater car doing city errands and occasional highway trips. Unless Ford wants to offer us with something in the segment above Ecosport, I don`t intend to part aways with Figo either.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 14:21   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
Let me the first one to congratulate you for your new ride. Co incidentally I have also owned both Ford fusion (now with my father) and ford Ecosport

After driving Ford Fusion for 7 years, I booked ford ecosport on the day of launch, purchased it without any test drive. And after driving ecosport for 7 years and one lakh kms, I dont find any car that can really replace it.
Thank you! Very encouraged by reading of your experience Doc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Congratulations on the new Ford, Punatic! Great Initial impressions. Glad to know that the Fusion served you well.... it was one good car! The legroom was phenomenal and 4 kids could easily have been fit there. Plently of creature comforts and the uniqueness of it was something I cherish while remembering every moment in that car that I spent.
Thanks Akash! I know exactly what you mean by pointing out the creature comforts and especially the uniqueness. I have had two occasions when passersby asked me if I had imported this car from the US! Really lucky to be among the "chosen" few, as it were, to have experienced the Fusion first hand and for so long.

Quote:
Congratulations Punatic!

I wish you a safe and great ownership journey of your new blue oval.... Unless Ford wants to offer us with something in the segment above Ecosport, I don`t intend to part aways with Figo either.
Thank you for the wishes DragonHawk! I agree, it's really tough to part ways with a Blue Oval. Ford India definitely need to fill the huge 3-4 segment gap between the EcoSport and the Endeavour with their quintessential offerings, and they'll attract many more like you. That "family waali feeling" ad campaign does hit the spot, doesn't it?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th August 2020 at 11:22. Reason: Formatting
Punatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 11:10   #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
[*]There were a few rattly-creaky sounds from the A/B pillars during the test drive. Any of you faced the same?[*]How effective is the Air Con in an Ecosport since there are no rear vents?[/list][/indent]
I own an Ecosport Titanium diesel that is 2 years old and has run close to 19k. It was driven well and mostly on divided highways.
I am hearing some minor rattles coming from the C-pillar area for the past few months, and I am yet to find the source of it. The tail door also had rattles very early into the ownership, but the nearby FASS solved it easily with a duct tape.

Regarding the aircon, it is good for the front seat occupants but the blower needs to be increased to 3 points if the rear seat is also occupied.
trkauditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 12:18   #1333
BHPian

I own Ecosport Titanium Diesel Nov 2017 model. I am seeing that sometimes gears (1st, 2nd, 3rd) are getting stuck when driving in low speed.
Has anyone experienced such issue?

Thanks.
Old 28th August 2020, 14:26   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
I own Ecosport Titanium Diesel Nov 2017 model. I am seeing that sometimes gears (1st, 2nd, 3rd) are getting stuck when driving in low speed.
Has anyone experienced such issue?

Thanks.
I had this issue twice recently that too while driving in heavy rain. I had to depress the clutch again then only I could shift. I didn`t bring this thing up with Ford ASC as it was not consistent but on my next visit, I am planning to get this checked.
Old 10th September 2020, 15:06   #1335
BHPian

Hi All,

I am a new Team BHP member and this is my first post/query. I bought the 2018 Ecosport Titanium + AT for my wife in November 2017, we were sure this is the car we wanted and I booked it before the launch. We recieved our car a week after it was officially launched. We wanted a safe, AT car with good ground clearance (wife was upgrading from a Jazz) to deal with the roads that Gurgaon has to offer. and this car checked all the three boxes.

Since the lockdown lifted, wife being at home with our baby and the monsoon battering Gurgaon roads, I have been driving the car for the past couple of months.

A few queries to the current owners;

1) Braking Performance - I find the brakes lack a good bite at slower speeds and are sort of inconsistent, I have taken this up with the service centre, however, they do not find anything wrong. I drive a Ciaz AT and the braking is really good and consistent. Could it be a difference in the car make causing this? Ideally, brakes should give the driver good confidence, however, I find that at lower speeds (<20), instances like aproaching a traffic light or in stop and go traffic, I sometimes need to press the brakes really hard to make the car come to a complete stop.

2) Door Request sensors - The request sensors is very moody, especially the lock command, sometimes it refuses to work and I have fish out the humongous key from my laptop bag to lock the car.

If there is any water on the handle, then the lock command does not work at all.

3) Tyres - My car too like many other 17 inchers developed a bubble on the front right tyre within the first 2000 KM's. I logged a complaint with Ford Online. The local dealer promptly reached out to me and they got the Bridgestone guys to inspect the tyre. After inspection, the Bridgestone rep marked it as a driving related damage (hitting a bump at a high speed) and closed the file (I could not contest this as my wife was driving the car and she could not confirm or deny if any such incident took place, for my own safety at home, I left it at that ). After witnessing my displeasure, the Ford Dealer took an internal approval to replace the tyre FOC. Not sure if this was due to the fact that I logged a complaint with Ford directly or they really believe in customer satisfaction. I did not ask any questions and got a free replacement. Have not faced any issues since then, untill now;

Lately, I have noticed that the Tyre Tread is developing cracks all over, but not on the side wall (see attached picture), similar to unused rubber lying in the sun. The car has not run much (Done 14K till date), and is always parked in the shade and has never been parked without use for more than 5 days. I am not sure if this is normal? Is there someone who can confirm if this requires immediate attention/replacement or can the car be driven for some more time?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...054005&thumb=1

4) Gear Shifting in D Mode - The auto gearbox seems to to eager to upshit, I sometimes need to intentionally downshift to maintain the RPM above 2.5K. For e.g. the car hits the 6th gear at 55 during normal driving. Is this normal?

Feedback/comments will be really welcome! Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_6711.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks