Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2018, 22:11   #571
BANNED

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
Best Tip Ever!! I guess it should be mentioned somewhere in the VIN thread for Ford vehicles if not there already!
Did it work? Be in contact if you require any more information. If it comes to Ford, I can proudly say that I will have atleast something to say and contribute.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 10:36   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Did it work? Be in contact if you require any more information. If it comes to Ford, I can proudly say that I will have atleast something to say and contribute.
Yes it did. And will certainly try to take advantage of your advance knowledge about the manufacturer
Old 13th August 2018, 22:02   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
Result - Ford Ecosport Titanium+ AT Booked!!
Quickfox11, where did you book? Talera or Dhone? Got any discounts? I visited both last weekend and Dhone is pricier than Talera by about 2k, for the T+ petrol automatic. Neither is giving any discount.

I checked insurance from policy bazaar and getting hdfc zero dep for 7k lesser than quoted by the dealers.

Both dealers are charging 6k for essential kit (mud flaps, mats) the price of which is about 3k on Ford website under the accessories page. Both dealers are also charging 6k more under the "rto/registration charges" column.

I am planning to haggle with the sales guys on these aspects before booking.
heinrici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 23:14   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
Both dealers are charging 6k for essential kit (mud flaps, mats) the price of which is about 3k on Ford website under the accessories page. Both dealers are also charging 6k more under the "rto/registration charges" column.
Yes the essential kit is 6k at almost all dealerahips. Apparently that's how Ford bills them. I ordered them individually as I wanted just the trunk mat and mud flaps.

Well if they are charging around 6k more for RTO, should be fine. They do have to shell out some special processing fees as well.
Old 13th August 2018, 23:57   #575
BHPian

I have booked at Talera Ford coz its nearer to my place and I wanted a couple of test drives to be sure before the booking. Yes, their prices are around 2K cheaper than Dhone, and Dhone is quoting just what’s mentioned on the website! So I guess Talera has some edge here.

Discounts: I got the 3rd year warranty free as corporate discount. That’s mentioned 10K(including RSA) in price sheet but the free warranty is without RSA so discount amount will be around 6K.

Insurance: Yes, onlines quotes are less. But while I was talking to HDFC as well as Bajal Allianz in their respective offices here (went for insurance of my another existing vehicle), they quoted me ~29K. So I am planning to go ahead with the dealer.*

RTO & Registration: I don’t think its 6K extra. 12% is tax on petrol vehicles above 10lakh ex showroom. Then there is Safety tax of 3K. Add registration charges, smart card fee, fast tag, hypothecation etc and its sums up fairly. I took the breakdown as well as saw the receipts of safety tax and hypothecation to be sure.

Essential Kit: Yes its funny! I have asked them to give it for free.*

*I just booked by paying 10K. I have told them to call me whenever they get any season offer. Since Ganpati festival is on the way I am hoping for some benefits. If I get any along with the free essential kit, I will go ahead with the purchase and take their insurance. If not, still gonna buy but then look into ways to cut some costs!
Old 18th August 2018, 13:02   #576
BHPian

Booked Ecosport Titanium+ AT with Talera Ford. Dealer did not budge for ex-showroom price dicsounts. However he did match insurance quote from outside and also matched the essential kit pricing with the prices given on Ford accessories page. At par overall dealership experience. Got 4th & 5th year warranty and spare tyre cover too.

Here is the breakup.
  • Ex-showroom 11,35,600
  • TCS @ 1% 11,356
  • Insurance zero dep IDV 10,78,000 24,251
  • RTO fees 1,40,048
  • Essential kit 3,000
  • 3rd year warranty+RSA 10,024
  • 4th & 5th year warranty+RSA 13,865
  • Spare tyre cover 12,500
  • TOTAL 13,50,644

RTO fees breakup is: (does not include 1,500 for fast tag. Sales guy mentioned he will adjust this or I'll have to pay this extra)
  • MV tax (@ 12% on sale price of 11,35,600) 1,36,272
  • Safety tax (@ 2% on MV tax of 1,26,272) 2,726
  • New registration charges 600
  • Inspection charges 200
  • Smart card 200
  • Postal charges 50
  • TOTAL 1,40,048

Car was available, did a PDI at their Wagholi godown. Car looks good - build date of 24Jul18.
Pushing to get full payment done and send it for registration early next week.
heinrici is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 14:02   #577
BHPian

Hi everyone! This is my first post here as a new Ecosport owner as well as a new member. Thanks to the mods for the quick approval!
I have only positive things to say about the vehicle itself. I used to drive my dad's 2009 Honda City S earlier, the Ecosport feels like an improvement in pretty much every aspect except boot space and acceleration. The high speed stability is a revelation in itself.

However, the after sales experience I've had so far has been horrible. Palm Ford here in Rohtak, Haryana are the most dishonest bunch of service guys I've seen at any A.S.S., and i'm not talking just about Ford here. I was hearing a grinding noise while pressing the brake pedal partially, for which they had replaced my brake disks and brake pads at an earlier instance. At the 10k service i mentioned to them that the noise had returned.
To that end, they scoured the brake disks(again) and called me to inform that I've damaged the right wheel hub, bearing and knuckle and the wheel has developed some 'play' as a result so they'd be replacing those and I'd have to bear the costs. The only proof of the 'accident' they could muster was some scuffs on the wheel.

I challenged them to show me any other corresponding damage on the body or the tire. They obviously couldn't find anything on the body and alleged that i had gotten the tire replaced to hide the damage! I asked them to show me the serial numbers of the tires from the time of delivery, which they conveniently didn't maintain. Since all the other tires have a manufacturing date of 5017, and this one has 4917, they assumed that i had gotten it replaced.
I had to pay Rs. 7700 apart from the standard service charges to get this thing repaired.
I fail to understand what kind of incident could leave scuffs only on the periphery of the wheel and leave it shining from the center. Further, they left my steering wheel skewed after alignment, for which i had to return to them from halfway to my home, and the headlights were disoriented which i had to get corrected on my own.
The delivery was delayed by a whole day, that's another story in itself.
Its sad to see a good product like the Ecosport being let down by its own people. Practically the whole workshop, along with the GM of service ganged up on me to defend their point by all sorts of illogical statements. Even the customer care was of no help, as they only heard the words of the GM.
I'd be looking for another A.S.S. in the nearby cities, one of them has got to be better than the others.
Hoping for the best!
DrAakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 20:33   #578
BHPian

Applied Rust-Oleum Neverwet Rain Repellent on the windshield of my EcoSport and its performing quite well even after three weeks.

It's really useful at night, where the windshield gets clear with just a single wipe of the wiper. Just love it.

Here is a video from my dashcam from yesterday night.

Link to product:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01ECCXQSE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VsdEBb36DHC27
suku_patel_22 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 21:49   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Applied Rust-Oleum Neverwet Rain Repellent on the windshield of my EcoSport and its performing quite well even after three weeks.
As seen in the video, the repellent is working well; the drops are not sticking to the screen.

But does this continuous rapid upward motion of the drops not distract you?
Old 18th August 2018, 22:02   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean just one coating session lasts 3 weeks? That's a reasonable length of time.
Old 18th August 2018, 22:29   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
But does this continuous rapid upward motion of the drops not distract you?
No it doesn't distract at all. You hardly notice it while driving as the main viewing area remains clear.

It's much less of a distraction than a windshield with water sticking to it.

Quote:
Do you mean just one coating session lasts 3 weeks? That's a reasonable length of time.
Yea it is a single coat applied by me that has lasted 3 weeks. They claim that it will last a month.

I will reapply next week.

The bottle is good to go for a couple of years.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 23:05   #582
BANNED

Quote:

Yea it is a single coat applied by me that has lasted 3 weeks. They claim that it will last a month.

I will reapply next week.

The bottle is good to go for a couple of years.
How did you apply this? Does it require using of any polish machine or can it be done simply by using a cloth?
Old 18th August 2018, 23:35   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
How did you apply this? Does it require using of any polish machine or can it be done simply by using a cloth?
It's very simple, doesn't need any machine, just the hands and some sweat.
I followed the below steps
  1. Cleaned entire windshield witb Colin and a microfibre cloth
  2. Used thick paper towel (tissue) to apply Neverwet on the windscreen in a circular fashion
  3. Wait 10 minutes for it to dry
  4. Wipe it with a microfiber cloth, in a circular motion. Just like buffing
  5. Apply a second coat
  6. If you still find anything hazy, wipe with a damp cloth

We just need to.make sure that the windscreen is dry while we are applying it. Once the second coat is done, we are all set to welcome the rains.

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 18th August 2018 at 23:38.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 23:43   #584
BANNED

Quote:

We just need to.make sure that the windscreen is dry while we are applying it. Once the second coat is done, we are all set to welcome the rains.
Thank you for the guidance. I will surely give it a try.
Old 19th August 2018, 20:07   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Booked Ecosport Titanium+ AT with Talera Ford. Dealer did not budge for ex-showroom price dicsounts. However he did match insurance quote from outside and also matched the essential kit pricing with the prices given on Ford accessories page. At par overall dealership experience. Got 4th & 5th year warranty and spare tyre cover too.

Here is the breakup.
  • Ex-showroom 11,35,600
  • TCS @ 1% 11,356
  • Insurance zero dep IDV 10,78,000 24,251
  • RTO fees 1,40,048
  • Essential kit 3,000
  • 3rd year warranty+RSA 10,024
  • 4th & 5th year warranty+RSA 13,865
  • Spare tyre cover 12,500
  • TOTAL 13,50,644

RTO fees breakup is: (does not include 1,500 for fast tag. Sales guy mentioned he will adjust this or I'll have to pay this extra)
  • MV tax (@ 12% on sale price of 11,35,600) 1,36,272
  • Safety tax (@ 2% on MV tax of 1,26,272) 2,726
  • New registration charges 600
  • Inspection charges 200
  • Smart card 200
  • Postal charges 50
  • TOTAL 1,40,048

Car was available, did a PDI at their Wagholi godown. Car looks good - build date of 24Jul18.
Pushing to get full payment done and send it for registration early next week.
The insurance & extended warranty quotes are quite good. I recently had to shell out around 16k for extending 5th yr warranty alone

When i bought titanium model 4 years back, ex showroom price was 9.45L only. Gives an insight how prices increased over time. Btw i am staying in Kahradi & go Talera Wagholi for service.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th August 2018 at 01:56. Reason: No discussions on WhatsApp on the forums please. Thanks.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks