Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2018, 23:23   #496
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
There's no beating Ford in the game of feature updates to their car which is launched just 6 months back.

No other manufacturer provides 3 different set of alloys (not aware what alloy pattern Titanium will get in this new update, if they stick with earlier then it makes it 4) to a single car. You will have 1 or at max 2 different sets of alloy in a car, but this .
Old 31st May 2018, 14:46   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
No other manufacturer provides 3 different set of alloys (not aware what alloy pattern Titanium will get in this new update, if they stick with earlier then it makes it 4) to a single car
But each of those alloy designs are hideous! Only the Titanium S alloy looks good in my opinion. Hyundai's alloys on the other hand looks awesome!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 14:50   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
But each of those alloy designs are hideous! Only the Titanium S alloy looks good in my opinion.
My post was sarcasm pointed towards unnecessary logistics nightmare for Ford owing to so many alloy wheels for different variants.

I agree with swell looking S variant alloy patterns, absolute droolworthy.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 12:49   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
In my opinion, the previous iteration with 6.5 inch screen and AA/Carplay wins over the current 9 inch one hands down.
  1. Real time traffic information from Google
  2. Auto updating Google maps to cater to ever changing Indian roads.
  3. Google Assistant is much better than voice commands on Sync
  4. Online music services like Gaana, Play music, etc. Who keeps mp3's now a days (except for the long drives)?

I am really happy that I have the Sync3. It was one of the primary reasons for choosing the facelift over the previous generation car.

The only feature I miss is "Speed sensing door locks". A print email has been shot to Ford customer care to understand their stand on the matter. I hope it's added as an update.

So what do we call this now? All New Updated Facelifted Ecosport?
Two weeks back i got the Ecosport titanium tdci from Pahwa ford Faridabad and it was march 2018 manufactured model. It has sync 3 and speed sensing auto door lock mechanism. The sales guy was telling me that now they only have two cars left and now all refreshed will come with flyaudio system. Initially they told me that my model doesn't have auto door lock but once i took out after the delivery then i came to realize that it has auto door lock mech. I bought this model in a hurry all due to sync 3 audio player. Loved the android auto plus the touch response is excellent.
Old 7th June 2018, 21:56   #500
BHPian

EcoSport sales figure stands at 5003 for May 2018, up from April's figure of 4128

Source: http://www.autopunditz.com/news/top-...s-of-may-2018/
Old 7th June 2018, 22:41   #501
BHPian

Quote:
EcoSport sales figure stands at 5003 for May 2018, up from April's figure of 4128

Source: http://www.autopunditz.com/news/top-...s-of-may-2018/
This is the maximum that Ford produces/allocates to India.

These numbers could go higher if they had more manufacturing capacity.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2018 at 00:43. Reason: Typo.
Old 8th June 2018, 13:40   #502
BHPian

Quote:
But each of those alloy designs are hideous! Only the Titanium S alloy looks good in my opinion. Hyundai's alloys on the other hand looks awesome!

Sorry to bother you sir but the alloy wheel design of the old titanium plus variant is also worth mentioning as it is also equally good looking compared to alloys in titanium s variant and is provided in the global variant of the car as well but with a slight different paint job (greyish)
Old 8th June 2018, 13:46   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Two weeks back i got the Ecosport titanium tdci from Pahwa ford Faridabad and it was march 2018 manufactured model. It has sync 3 and speed sensing auto door lock mechanism. The sales guy was telling me that now they only have two cars left and now all refreshed will come with flyaudio system. Initially they told me that my model doesn't have auto door lock but once i took out after the delivery then i came to realize that it has auto door lock mech. I bought this model in a hurry all due to sync 3 audio player. Loved the android auto plus the touch response is excellent.

How can it be possible sir, as per the manual only first batch of titanium variant of EcoSport came with sync 3 but had no speed sensing door locks
It's not possible to have both sync 3 ICE with speed sensing door locks in titanium variant
Kindly correct me if I'm wrong and kindly let me know if there is a way in which we can get it activated in first batch of new EcoSport titanium plus variant as I current own a Dec17 facelift model of EcoSport Titanium plus
Old 8th June 2018, 19:33   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
Sorry to bother you sir but the alloy wheel design of the old titanium plus variant is also worth mentioning as it is also equally good looking compared to alloys in titanium s variant and is provided in the global variant of the car as well but with a slight different paint job (greyish)

Quote:
It's not possible to have both sync 3 ICE with speed sensing door locks in titanium variant
Kindly correct me if I'm wrong and kindly let me know if there is a way in which we can get it activated in first batch of new EcoSport titanium plus variant as I current own a Dec17 facelift model of EcoSport Titanium plus
Ford had unofficially added the speed sensing auto door lock to few batches of EcoSport in March/April which still had Sync3 in the Titanium trim. And unfortunately, there is no way to get it activated for older buyers.
Old 8th June 2018, 22:13   #505
BHPian

Quote:
How can it be possible sir, as per the manual only first batch of titanium variant of EcoSport came with sync 3 but had no speed sensing door locks

As i quoted March 2018 ecosport titanium has both sync 3 plus speed sensing door locks. When i took the delivery of the car , sales person told me that my car don't have been auto door lock after i inquired. Once i drove my car out of the showroom, it was totally opposite what salesman quoted me.
Old 12th June 2018, 19:04   #506

Hey Guys,

I bought my blue lightning Ecosport Titanium Petrol from Tanish Gurgaon on the 24th of April, 2018 and I must say I am quite happy with the purchase, barring 2 issues. First is the omission of sync 3 and second is the fuel consumption.
As I write this, the car has so far done 1200kms and I may have filled the tank atleast 3 times. Each time I do a mileage calculation my heart skips a beat because when I calculate my mileage based on a tank full to tank full method I get an average of 9kmpl. Infact it was worse when I filled fuel 3 days ago and got a fuel consumption of 8.45kmpl. Thats when I decided to write to Ford and bring it to their notice. My email to them was as follows :
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20180612185841_gmail.jpg
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20180612185854_gmail.jpg
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20180612_190025.jpg

The response was instantaneous (within 5 mins) as I had written this email past 1am. The following day I got a call from the workshop and was introduced to the RM, who asked me when could I come to the workshop and they will check the issue. A day later I go to the workshop and met up with the RM and was joined by the GM of servicing. I explained the entire situation as mentioned in my email and told them how well I take care of the car in all conditions. They said we will do a 30 km test run with a TF to TF calculation method and their driver will drive the car and I can sit on the side. I agreed to it.

Went to the petrol pump filled the tank (which hardly was for Rs. 450 as I had recently filled fuel) and then started to drive towards Faridabad toll road and back to the workshop or till we reached the 30km target. The driver drove the car quite cautiously and carefully so no complaints there. At 31 kms we were back at the same petrol station and same pump and this time filled Rs. 160 worth of fuel and did the calculation and voila the mileage showed 14.95kmpl. I was shocked though the MID showed 7.7kmpl average.

Went back and the same was explained to the GM who then confirmed that it seems the car is running as per normal conditions. He suggested it might be due to my riding pattern and he knows I am a sedate driver with a feather light foot. Was asked what is my daily commute distance and traffic condition. I said 7kms one way to office and another 5 kms back home. Sometimes I take it here and there but not for long drives.

That's when the GM says it is the short distances and B2B traffic that is giving such a low average. I am still not convienced though and would have atleast expected the car to give 11kmpl in B2B traffic and on short distances.

Left the workshop after thanking them all and decided I am going to keep a closer eye on my driving pattern and on the fuel consumption and will bring it up again if it persists during my first service.

But nonetheless I am in love with this car and very pleased with this financial expense barring the fuel consumption. Will share pictures shortly and also keep you all updated on any progress.
Nitshi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 21:04   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitshi View Post

That's when the GM says it is the short distances and B2B traffic that is giving such a low average. I am still not convienced though and would have atleast expected the car to give 11kmpl in B2B traffic and on short distances.
The explanation is absolutely correct. Driving in the city and especially short distances is not only bad for fuel efficiency but bad for the engine overall, in the long run.

This is because, after a cold start, it takes at least 1-2 km for the engine to reach its optimum operating temperature. So for 30-50% of your commute, the engine is running at its least efficiency. This coupled with b2b traffic ensures the FE takes a hit.

In addition, it is a new engine. Give it a few thousand km, an oil change and efficiency will improve.
Added_flavor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 07:02   #508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitshi View Post
But nonetheless I am in love with this car and very pleased with this financial expense barring the fuel consumption. Will share pictures shortly and also keep you all updated on any progress.
Couple of things:

a) I guess this TD with the workshop driver was on the highway (towards Faridabad). The FE on the highway (assuming constant cruising speed and minimal gear changes) will be much better than that in the city

b) Keep a track of when you change gears. I've observed FE to be better when I allow the gearbox to change around 2k (I have an AT) than higher.

Also, your car is not even two months old; give it some time (at least until after first service) to really know the FE.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 10:39   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
The explanation is absolutely correct. Driving in the city and especially short distances is not only bad for fuel efficiency but bad for the engine overall, in the long run.

This is because, after a cold start, it takes at least 1-2 km for the engine to reach its optimum operating temperature. So for 30-50% of your commute, the engine is running at its least efficiency. This coupled with b2b traffic ensures the FE takes a hit.

In addition, it is a new engine. Give it a few thousand km, an oil change and efficiency will improve.

Yes you are right. I already knew what the GM was saying is correct also he seemed quite knowledgeable. But you know heart over head.
Old 13th June 2018, 13:04   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Couple of things:
====
Also, your car is not even two months old; give it some time (at least until after first service) to really know the FE.
Yes I am constantly observing my driving my patterns. I have always been a sedate driver. But let me wait till the 1st service and give a full tank after that and let's see what the output is. Thanks for the feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks