Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2020, 14:15   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
I guess this is true for the higher gears. Gears 1 and 2 are relatively shorter with the engine pulling from as low as 1200 RPM. In the higher gears 2500 is a good spot to change if you're driving spritiedly. I'm more of a sedate driver and I generally change at around 2K RPMs.
I am a relatively sedate driver as well, and upshift between 2000-2250 RPM usually. When driving the Ecosport, this range was decent, though below 1800 was pretty ordinary. Especially as compared to a good naturally aspirated engine where the pull is linear right from around 1200 RPM right up to 6500 RPM.
Old 30th March 2020, 08:36   #1247
BHPian

Dear Fellow Bhpians,

Need your help!!

Since we are in midst of nation wide lockdown, my Ecosport is parked in the apartment premises from many days without the engine being started. Yesterday afternoon when I started the car after 6 days, following 2 messages popped up in the instrument cluster.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20200329_163126.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20200329wa0002.jpeg

I would really appreciate suggestions and guidance for my problem's resolution.

Thanks.

Regards
Car's Paradise
Old 30th March 2020, 08:40   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Since we are in midst of nation wide lockdown, my Ecosport is parked in the apartment premises from many days without the engine being started. Yesterday afternoon when I started the car after 6 days, following 2 messages popped up in the instrument cluster.
Could be due to low battery power. Keep the car on for sometime and let the battery charge. And then check if you see these error messages.

How old is the current battery?

Last edited by Sheel : 9th April 2020 at 22:54. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 08:46   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Could be due to low battery power. Keep the car on for sometime and let the battery charge. And then check if you see these error messages.

How old is the current battery?
Thanks for the guidance.

The current battery is only 8 months old. The car has been used very regularly barring the lock down.

Regards
Old 30th March 2020, 08:48   #1250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Dear Fellow Bhpians,
I would really appreciate suggestions and guidance for my problem's resolution.
Go with the word of ank.nsit, just keep the engine started for a while, if possible; just do a simple reverse - forward drive.

If the error still doesn't go, remove and put back the negative terminal of the battery, the warning will be gone. At least it used to work for me on my Ecosport petrol, even in the owner's Whatsapp groups also; I have noticed that these two are quite common reported problems, particularly when one starts the car after a long term idle.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 15:20   #1251
BHPian

Hey guys,

I have read at many places about the ecosport clutch getting hard as you clock more and more KMs.
Can the existing owners confirm their experience with the diesel facelifted variant (post 2017)?
I am looking for a MT car primarily for city. Ecosport is one of the main contenders, and I do not want to end up with a hard clutch with long travel that becomes pain in City.

Initial feel is one thing, but how the clutch feels after 30K-40K kms is of interest to me.

Thanks.
Old 8th April 2020, 12:33   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

I have read at many places about the ecosport clutch getting hard as you clock more and more KMs.
Can the existing owners confirm their experience with the diesel facelifted variant (post 2017)?
I am looking for a MT car primarily for city. Ecosport is one of the main contenders, and I do not want to end up with a hard clutch with long travel that becomes pain in City.

Initial feel is one thing, but how the clutch feels after 30K-40K kms is of interest to me.

Thanks.
I own Jan 2018 EcoSport Diesel T+ MT, and clocked 25K kms. I can say, it is still good and not hard.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 13:47   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks.
My Ecosport is now 1.5 years old with 26k km on the ODO and I don't see any change in the clutch pedal from the early days. It's not the lightest clutch around but not hard either. My driving routes do not include too much of bumper to bumper traffic, but on the few instances I've been in such situations I have not found this to be a problem.

My Figo TDCI clutch felt the same all through the 70k km I drove her, if that is a reference that can be made !

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 8th April 2020 at 13:48.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 00:36   #1254
BHPian

Was playing a bit around in Photoshop.. I think this one really suits the car..

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20200404wa002801.jpeg

Wraps available in this colour..?
iamahunter is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 10:55   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Was playing a bit around in Photoshop.. I think this one really suits the car..
For a second I thought it was real and was about to go to Ford website to check the colour options until I reread the first statement.

I always wondered why makers don't provide more colour choices to the customer. A least for the best selling models, for starters. The scorching Ruby Red for instance could have been a smash hit on EcoSport. Similarly, there are unearthed combinations like the one you tried which could be a hit.

I, for one, am more than willing to shell out money to try these colours if given an option by Ford.

Last edited by strawhat : 9th April 2020 at 10:57.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 13:21   #1256
Distinguished - BHPian

The problem is not just the upfront cost of making the paint available for manufacturing, but the life cycle costs of carnying the shade across all the dealerships/body shops for a 10-15 year life cycle. This seems to be the reason manufacturers stick to selections available from a shorter list of standard colours made available by paint companies like Sherwin Williams, Neraloc etc.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th April 2020 at 13:22.
Old 9th April 2020, 22:39   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I'm in the market thinking to replace my 2011 diesel Ford Figo. ....

Please advise. Thanks.
Thank you for your suggestions, guys. Here is an update.

After lots of discussions and test-drives, we finally went for the diesel one (Titanium+ MT). Yes, the diesel has slightly heavier clutch, higher overall maintenance, higher NVH and a bleak future (thanks to NGT). But we simply couldn't connect with the petrol engine of the ES having driven a 1.4 TDCi in Figo for last 9 years. With the reduction in the claimed mileage from 17.6kmpl to 15.9kmpl in the BS6 petrol engine, we felt the petrol won't be that fuel efficient. Also, the car is going to be driven with 4 adults most of the time (car-pooling or family trips); so torque is important. Hence even though expected yearly running is low, we listened to the heart and chose the diesel.

We booked a fresh March 2020 manufactured piece and got it delivered just before the lockdown was imposed! Hope to enjoy it and keep it for a long time.
RishikeshK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 23:32   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
We booked a fresh March 2020 manufactured piece and got it delivered just before the lockdown was imposed! Hope to enjoy it and keep it for a long time.
Congrats on your new purchase.
Did you get any discounts/freebies on your purchase?
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 15:31   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new purchase.
Did you get any discounts/freebies on your purchase?
Thanks for the wishes.

Regarding the discount/freebies - The discount was 35K (dealer discount) + 15K (benefit by taking the insurance from outside and NCB transfer). No freebies as such.

But for me, the indirect benefits were also significant. The dealer offered a decent 1.8L for my 9 year old nearly 1L km run Figo which had quite a few impending work items (new insurance, new battery, new tires, timing belt change, power steering hose change, some suspension work and enumerable dents). All this is worth more than 40K itself. Hence I ended up exchanging the Figo for new ES.
RishikeshK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 17:55   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the wishes.

Regarding the discount/freebies - The discount was 35K (dealer discount) + 15K (benefit by taking the insurance from outside and NCB transfer). No freebies as such.
Sweet deal.
35K discount on BS6 variant is good.

Did they reduce the ex-showroom by 35K? That would have led to corresponding lesser road tax?
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks