Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 22:37   #1141
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Dear all, I am running into two issues of late with my EcoSport Titanium diesel, clocking only 450 KM's so far.
1) the first gear does not slot in precisely sometimes, as a result there is a annoying clatter when clutch is released. Luckily, I quickly realised and re-applied the first gear skillfully. Hoping this can be mitigated in first servicing.
2) the push button does not always start the engine, instead it switches off the ignition. I made sure that clutch was fully depressed, but even then. Not sure what am I missing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st November 2019, 08:59   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear all, I am running into two issues of late with my EcoSport Titanium diesel, clocking only 450 KM's so far.
1) the first gear does not slot in precisely sometimes, as a result there is a annoying clatter when clutch is released. Luckily, I quickly realised and re-applied the first gear skillfully. Hoping this can be mitigated in first servicing.
2) the push button does not always start the engine, instead it switches off the ignition. I made sure that clutch was fully depressed, but even then. Not sure what am I missing.

Thanks in advance.
If I were you, would have rushed to the service station even before first service ASAP since it is mechanical moving part. You do not want to damage the gearbox further if there is some genuine issue if at all. Perhaps 2nd issue can be delayed until first service of course only if you can start, stop and use the car.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 14:58   #1143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Press the clutch harder than you are doing. And also push the gear lever with more force than what you are doing. Try to take your seat a few mms forward. That will ensure you throw the gear to its "full" position & engage gear. This helped me with Nexon. Had the exact issue. Over last 3 months - the problem has automatically gone. Seems running in does it. I didn't ask the TASC to do anything about it. I hate them making any changes to factory setup! Don't have a lot of confidence.
Quote:
Does the console/dashboard have an indicator showing "Press clutch" icon? (Foot over a pedal). See if that icon keeps glowing when your mentioned scenario happens. That would mean the clutch position sensor switch isn't correctly identifying a depressed clutch & considering the button press as ignition off signal instead.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 15:21   #1144
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Make sure that you press the clutch fully and there is no hindrance between the clutch and the base (no thick mats in between). If this is not the issue, ask service centre to adjust the clutch if they can.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:53   #1145
BHPian

Thank you all for your prompt replies, really appreciate. I paid the FASC a visit and got them to have a look. About the gear shift, they found it pretty ok. Looks like I need to peg my expectations of the smoothness on a diesel car accordingly then. Or may be, once the run-in period gets over, it might open up a bit.

Second issue about the push button start. They connected the OBD via pc, and could not see any abnormalities recorded. Although, he recommended the instrument cluster update, which I promptly agreed to. Little did I know that it would take that long. Also indulged in some impulse shopping and bought the extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year.

My own take on the second issue: press the clutch fully, if it is a cold start, press and release multiple times in tandem, and while pushing start button, keep the clutch depressed for at least 5 seconds. Guess the clutch will squirt fuel and lubricate the passage enough, to fire up the oil burner in one push of the button.

Until next time... Cheers!
Old 30th November 2019, 14:27   #1146
BHPian

Hi All,

After what seemed like months of deliberation and countless test drives that started in June this year. I finally found "the car" that I was looking for. Surely the phrase "like a needle in a haystack" applies to this situation. I managed to find a March manufactured Ecosport Titanium Plus TDCi lying with one of the dealers in Chennai. This is before Ford’s infamous feature deletion spree. So I was lucky enough to find it intact with Sync3, Cruise control, Leather seats and ISOFIX mounts. Hell it even had the updated instrument cluster. I was literally floored when the dealer nonchalantly told me that he had this lying in this his yard during my test drive of the Freestyle Titanium Plus TDCi. The only problem with this was it was out of my budget and by quite a bit. After multiple negotiations I was able to get very good discounts on the car due to depreciation and Diwali discounts.

I was finally able to bring Red home last month and it’s been an absolute joy to drive her around. Be it pottering around the city in 2nd gear with zero turbo lag or cruising in Highways with utmost ease and confidence due to the handling prowess of this car. Fantastic ICE and decent speakers and this car is very well equipped on the music department as well. However not everything is rosy as the ride and handling comes at the price of having a slightly stiff suspension. Now I haven’t driven the old ES but I’ve read it was even stiffer .As someone who has just started having back problems, driving this car in badly maintained roads near my native is a pain. Even broken roads and potholes are manageable as I can cajole the car around them but unevenly patched roads, my god I can feel my spine taking the brunt of it. Thankfully I have the 16” Goodyears and I’m trying to keep the tyre pressure around 32 PSI to negate this.

But still the positives do outnumber the negatives by a huge margin and I’m quite happy with the purchase. Having driven this car for the past 25 days / 2400 km’s I have been well and truly TDCi’d

I’m attaching a few photos of Red for your viewing pleasure!

Cheers

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20191025_204653.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20191025wa0011.jpg
TDCi'd is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 21:04   #1147

Note:- Try this on your own risk!

I found this channel on youtube which contains videos that supposedly allows you to use android auto and apple car play on your Fly audio system.It also allows you to mirror your phone on to the system.

Link to channel:- https://bit.ly/2sxEieL

Below is a link to another video,made by of one of the guys who tried the method explained by the above channel(tech crusher) and if you are gonna try this method,do watch the video from the link below as the explanation is to the point and well shown.

Link to video:- https://bit.ly/2OY6tLh
Ronak_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 21:27   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
Hi All,

After what seemed like months of deliberation and countless test drives that started in June this year. I finally found "the car" that I was looking for.
Congratulations. With a killer combination of Sync 3 system + cruise control + all black leather interiors + premium cluster, you got yourself a rare gem indeed. The discount makes this deal one of the best around.

Go ahead and get TDCI'd.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:58   #1149
BHPian

Guys, I recently bought MCA Ford EcoSport Titanium Plus Petrol. Unfortunately, the Fly Audio ICE is just crap. Are there any alternatives to this? I would like to use CarPlay and overall smooth experience with the device.
I am assuming it will void the warranty?
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:15   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

However not everything is rosy as the ride and handling comes at the price of having a slightly stiff suspension. Now I haven’t driven the old ES but I’ve read it was even stiffer .As someone who has just started having back problems, driving this car in badly maintained roads near my native is a pain. Even broken roads and potholes are manageable as I can cajole the car around them but unevenly patched roads, my god I can feel my spine taking the brunt of it.
Congrats on your new car. However, this is exactly one of the main reasons (and the heavy clutch) which made me change my decision to pick this car up in March of this year, even after booking it. After many test drives across different terrain and roads, the stiff suspension and jarring ride on bad roads made it clear that it would not be something that I will be comfortable with in the long term. I have back issues too cropping up now and then, and the stiff ride was a deal breaker for me. Hope it doesnt trouble you too much. You might consider changing to more comfortable tires, that might help to a certain extent to cushion the ride.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 16:09   #1151
BHPian

I have the petrol AT Titanium+ version. The car's run about 13000kms over 18 months or so. I'm getting a mileage of just about 8kmpl as measured on tankfull to tankfull basis. The car is driven largely in Bangalore City traffic.

Isn't this mileage too low? What kind of FE are other AT users getting in Bangalore?
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 16:42   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Even broken roads and potholes are manageable as I can cajole the car around them but unevenly patched roads, my god I can feel my spine taking the brunt of it.
If you are willing to take a hit on the looks and resale front of your 16 inchers, you could consider downsizing the tyres to 205/65 R15 (overall diameter would be same, with added cushioning from increased sidewall) on OEM steel rims from the Trend variant. You could go for comfort tyres.

I have also seen an EcoSport with the 15 inch alloys from Freestyle, although I am not sure of the long-term implications (if these alloys can take the additional weight).

If you do consider downsizing, do retain the stock alloy wheels and just trade the tyres - in case you wish to go back to stock alloy wheels.

Last edited by styx71 : 5th December 2019 at 16:45.
Old 5th December 2019, 16:54   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

After what seemed like months of deliberation and countless test drives that started in June this year. I finally found "the car" that I was looking for...

...I have the 16” Goodyears and I’m trying to keep the tyre pressure around 32 PSI to negate this....

Congrats on your stunning new ride and a great find! I suggest you lower the pressure to 28 psi for a comfy ride and go to 32 psi only for highway runs. That way you don't have to mess with the killer looks and alloys and don't have to spend much too, being a diesel won't pinch much by way of lowered FE.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th December 2019 at 17:14. Reason: Please quote only relevant bits of posts you're responding to. Quoting full-length posts hinders mobile user experience.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 16:59   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Isn't this mileage too low? What kind of FE are other AT users getting in Bangalore?
Have driven few automatic hatchbacks in Chennai traffic, TC ones like the i10 have never given anything above 10kmpl within city. FE quoted by you seems realistic for such an heavy car with 1.5 petrol and TC type autobox.
Old 5th December 2019, 22:33   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I have the petrol AT Titanium+ version. The car's run about 13000kms over 18 months or so. I'm getting a mileage of just about 8kmpl as measured on tankfull to tankfull basis. The car is driven largely in Bangalore City traffic.

I used to get 9 to 10 in Pune. So 8 is ok for Bangalore.

All well built petrol AT cars give low mileage. Figo AT has ARAI figure of 16 kmpl. I have read that Jeep Compass auto gives 5 kmpl!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks