Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2019, 11:35   #1006
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

We all have speculation about what Ford & what their cars would be in next 5 years.

What is confirmed by both Ford & Mahindra are as below,

1. Mahindra 51% & Ford will have 49% on JV.
2. This JV will handle Ford India operations.
3. Ford & Mahindra will co-developed their future cars, specially the EV segment. However Ford didn't rule out their global models won't be released in India.
4. Mahindra is already working on an

EV based on Aspire export (longer one) version.
5. Next generation XUV5OO or XUV3OO may be sold with Ford badge & different styling or interior.
6. Both companies plan to use their respective dealership to extend their reach. Ford mainly wants to take advantage of better access towards rural & smaller town market.

Details are very sketchy about their planned operations & future product line up.

Ford continue to release statements about their commitment towards Indian market & even if they pull out, this will be a very soft jolt towards their customers since with the JV, Mahindra will take over the full operation & existing customers will continue to get full support from the Mahindra dealership.

Read the full discussion here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-mahindra.html

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 11th July 2019 at 11:37. Reason: Fixed typos
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 18:53   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
We all have speculation about what Ford & what their cars would be in next 5 years.

What is confirmed by both Ford & Mahindra are as below,

1. Mahindra 51% & Ford will have 49% on JV.
2. This JV will handle Ford India operations.

Neither Mahindra nor Ford has confirmed the JV, let alone the ownership stake. All they have confirmed is platform sharing for next generation products and joint development of electric vehicles. Everything else till it is confirmed is speculation.

Anyway, since this isn't the thread for this topic, all I will say (as being close to this industry) is please don't drop a Ford from your list for this reason. If you like the car and are convinced with the product, please go ahead.
fiat_tarun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 17:22   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Anyway, since this isn't the thread for this topic, all I will say (as being close to this industry) is please don't drop a Ford from your list for this reason. If you like the car and are convinced with the product, please go ahead.
I let go of a good deal on S trim because of this news and the uncertainty over the ecoboost after Apr-2020. [ To be replaced (Rumour: Mahindra's 1.2L TGDI to replace Ford's 1.0L EcoBoost in 2020)]

Ford recently increased the prices after I booked Titanium + MT petrol.
Its not a big increase, but still it rankled me somehow and I was in half a mind to cancel the booking.
But none of the other cars in the segment appeal to me, so going to visit the dealership tomorrow to negotiate again .
Old 13th July 2019, 13:10   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmad View Post
I let go of a good deal on S trim because of this news and the uncertainty over the ecoboost after Apr-2020. [ To be replaced (Rumour: Mahindra's 1.2L TGDI to replace Ford's 1.0L EcoBoost in 2020)]

On the Ecoboost, yes it looks like it will be end of the road next year. This engine has always been imported and is an expensive engine. Additionally Ford never wanted to offer this engine in any other car to grow volumes. I'm actually looking forward to an Ecosport with the Mahindra 1.2 Turbo as it should have a better bottom end and should be better priced as well.

If you already like the car, spares will definitely continue to be available but I guess just be prepared for a little wait time for non regular parts specific to the Ecoboost that may not be stocked by dealers. On the other hand it's been a reliable engine so the probability of something going wrong is also low.

In short go with your heart. You won't regret it!

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 13th July 2019 at 13:12.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 23:18   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmad View Post
I did quite the opposite. Given Ecoboost’s reliability and build quality, I chose to buy it now rather than waiting for the new replacement. And I’m in love with this motor so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
If you already like the car, spares will definitely continue to be available but I guess just be prepared for a little wait time for non regular parts specific to the Ecoboost that may not be stocked by dealers. On the other hand it's been a reliable engine so the probability of something going wrong is also low.

In short go with your heart. You won't regret it!
Old 17th July 2019, 02:23   #1011
BHPian

Hi, Can petrol AT owners share the mileage their cars are giving? Mine has not given me more than 6.5/kmph in city runs? Surprisingly Low!!
Old 17th July 2019, 08:38   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Hi, Can petrol AT owners share the mileage their cars are giving? Mine has not given me more than 6.5/kmph in city runs? Surprisingly Low!!
I get ~9 kmpl in moderate stop-go traffic. Drops by 1-2 units if it is deep red heavy. These readings are from my commutes in Bangalore/Hyderabad. On highways it returns 14-15 kmpl. Mind you, the figures are very sensitive to throttle inputs. I am neither a sporty driver nor a very sedate one.

Since my EcoSport has had a second oil change (after 10k km), the mileage has improved slightly.
strawhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:38   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Gives me 8.5 to 9, and I drive with a heavy foot. light foot driving rewards me with 10ish, and highways 12. It really depends on your driving style. Hope it helps. Only the first free service done till now though.
akp666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 13:35   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
I get ~ 8-9 in moderately heavy traffic. Sedate highway drives bump it up to 12.
heinrici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 20:56   #1015
BHPian

After test driving a range of cars and looking for used cars, I just booked the petrol AT today. A test drive on the OMR from the ever crowded Thiruvanmiyur signal till halfway through the 200 feet road around 6.30PM in the evening was enough for me to choose this car. (Chennai folks would know what this means). I was lucky enough to get a machine with the old leather seats and the wonderful sync3 system. Cross checked the VIN and it was a May'19 make. Expecting delivery in a couple of days. Fingers crossed. This will be my first Ford and first AT.
shansundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 22:58   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
This will be my first Ford and first AT.
Great choice, welcome to Ford Family. What is the final price? Discounts?
From where you are getting insurance? Compare dealer insurance prices with online prices.
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 11:49   #1017

Hi Guys,
For my white ES, I am thinking of replacing the white fog-lamp bezel with a black one.
Any idea of its cost?
Thanks.
Old 27th July 2019, 06:09   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaynvr View Post
Hi Guys,
For my white ES, I am thinking of replacing the white fog-lamp bezel with a black one.
Any idea of its cost?
Thanks.
Available on AliExpress for ~₹2400.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cr4j6NpA
Old 28th July 2019, 02:33   #1019
BHPian

Just booked the S trim Diesel ecosport today. Hoping to get delivery by Friday. This thread was really helpful in making the choice. Thanks all.
Old 28th July 2019, 07:35   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
After test driving a range of cars and looking for used cars, I just booked the petrol AT today.
Congratulations! It’s a great car and it’ll keep you happy. The only complaint my friend has is the FE. If you know not to expect much, you’ll be extremely satisfied with your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangespat View Post
Just booked the S trim Diesel ecosport today. Hoping to get delivery by Friday. This thread was really helpful in making the choice. Thanks all.
Congratulations to you too! Are you getting the car with the 17” wheels or the new 16” ones?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks