Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2018, 21:18   #256
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I would suggest to get the items of the essential kit individually.

The essential kit contains mudflaps, floor mats and trunk mat. As per Ford's website, they cost:
  • Mudflaps : 790
  • Carpet Floor Mats : 1293
  • Trunk Mat: 835

This totals to 2918.

Hence it makes no sense to get them as a package, but to bill them individually.

I did not want the carpet floor mats from Ford, hence got the rest of the two billed individually.
I told same thing that it costs just 3k on ford website and response was that there two qualities of accessories. They are providing premium quality. I am not sure how much premium they are. I will check at showroom. Anyone has the accessories price list provided by a dealer?
Old 7th March 2018, 21:27   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
I told same thing that it costs just 3k on ford website and response was that there two qualities of accessories. They are providing premium quality. I am not sure how much premium they are. I will check at showroom. Anyone has the accessories price list provided by a dealer?
I had asked my dealer if they are of the same quality, he was affirmative about it and was surprised why Ford has done this.

Apparently that is what Ford bills them. Mind you, that it's a new dealer in Mumbai.

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 7th March 2018 at 21:29.
Old 7th March 2018, 22:07   #258
BANNED

Can we install drl on trend variants?
Old 7th March 2018, 23:43   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
When i took delivery for Titanium+ last January, i did purchased the essential kit for 4K in bangalore. I can easily say, there is nothing premium about the floor mats. Trunk mat is good though. In the older facelift thread, few folks have mentioned that the Mud flaps bought outside from after market didn't fit properly, so it is better to get it from the dealer itself.

So, the recommendation is better buy only mud flaps from ford and get it fitted at the time of delivery itself. All other items can be purchased outside at your wish and budget.

But i am afraid, the dealers will argue mud flaps comes as package and can't sell only mud flaps just to make money. Nothing wrong in giving it a try. Bargain hard with the SA.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 00:15   #260

I got my Ecosport Titanium Plus Diesel delivered on February 5th, As I was not a registered member of Team-BHP back than, So I decided to put up my buying and initial car experience now, really glad to be part of Team-BHP. I have driven around 1400km till now, one 550 km return trip to New Delhi, the car behaved very well on the highway, and Initial driving impressions are positive, and I must say EcoSport in 2018 is still a very competitive product from the options available in the Indian market.

Booking & buying experience.

I booked the car Titanium Plus Diesel from Pal Ford, Haldwani on 11th January with a token amount of Rs. 30,000. Mr. Rohit Jain was handling by booking, and overall experience has been excellent.
Finally, On 23rd January Diamond White EcoSport was allocated to me and in transit from Chennai, Car arrived at the dealership on 5th February, and I unloaded the car myself from the truck, yes you heard it right I did that myself. After completing all the necessary documentation and PDI as per TEAM-BHP check-list, I proudly took the delivery on the same day.

Below is the on road price including TCS, Insurance, Registration, and 4th Year Warranty.
Ex-Showroom Price: Rs 10,89,300.
Insurance: Rs 42,350. from New India Insurance Bumper to Bumper with zero dep.
Extended Warranty: 4th-year warranty Rs16,250.
Fastag: Rs 600 ICICI fastag from the dealer.
Discount: Rs 20,000.
Total Price including registration: Rs 12,23,494.

Getting ready for unloading from the truck.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-unadjustednonraw_thumb_43.jpg

ODO reading was 6.6km at the time of unloading.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-unadjustednonraw_thumb_51.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-unadjustednonraw_thumb_4c.jpg

All of us together taking the delivery, me wearing the red sweatshirt with my Wife, Daughter and brother.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-unadjustednonraw_thumb_5e.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-zuy52szmqtonpkmwhymqw_thumb_79.jpg
Travel4X4 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 13:50   #261
BHPian

The latest price list of Elite Ford, Mahadevpura.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-ford-ecosport-latest-prices-metro_1.jpg

I visited the showroom to enquire about the latest price hike. Drove T+ AT Canyon Ridge as it was available. The SA seemed a little lethargic. Her answers were too generic and out of the brochure. I sensed she was not enthusistic so I did not bother asking/talking much.

The TD itself was straightforward. At first the advisor, who accompanied us, allowed only a 5 min drive, pestering us all the while to take a U-turn and return. After some bit of "gyan" from me about its inadequacy and how I still didn't get the "feel" of the car, she allowed me to go a few more KM's.

There wasn't anything earthshattering that I discovered that hasn't already been documented here. Nothing deviating nor dramatic was observed or felt. The first thing I did after taking off in D mode is switch to S mode. Immediately the engine was transformed with a roar producing more than sufficient power for me to tap into. It was so different, I was instantly taken aback and had to adjust to the much changed environment. Played with paddle shifters a little but the constant traffic coupled with construction works curtailed the enjoyment. To get a better perspective of the car I switched back to D. Noticed a significant drop in the kick factor but what was impressive was smoothness of the drive in this mode. I never actually needed the extra power generated in S. Agreed there was a need to push the throttle sometimes to wake it from sleep but the lag wasn't so much noticeable to frustrate us. What was particularly impressive was how there weren't any phases where the engine ran out of breath. It was steady and smooth. Also noticed the touchscreen was functioning all the time. Shouldn't the touchscreen lock itself when the car is moving and work only in standstill?

Back in the showroom we had a quick chat with the SA. The waiting period she claims is 3 months for all the variants and all colours which is unbelievable. She was adamant that the insurance must be bought from them. Didn't expect anything different. But what really put us off is the insistence that finance also must be handled by them, lack of corporate discounts and their general arrogance as the product is now tasting some success. I gave them a piece of my mind and left the showroom vowing never to return.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 16:06   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Back in the showroom we had a quick chat with the SA. The waiting period she claims is 3 months for all the variants and all colours which is unbelievable. She was adamant that the insurance must be bought from them. Didn't expect anything different. But what really put us off is the insistence that finance also must be handled by them, lack of corporate discounts and their general arrogance as the product is now tasting some success. I gave them a piece of my mind and left the showroom vowing never to return.
I find it laughable when SAs behave as if we customers are ignorant fools who strayed into their showrooms without any basic homework. Ofcourse many people do that, but still most car buyers today are an informed lot due to access to car websites, Facebook groups, YouTube and ofcourse Team BHP. Just by reading the Team BHP official review, one would be more knowledgeable about that car than the average SA! Dealerships and car companies need to change the way they train their SAs.

Sharing an anecdote. One of the Ford dealers in my city also owns a Renault dealership and seems like they engage in information sharing and cross selling. So when I enquired for the EcoSport AT, they promptly sent the Duster CVT to my office for TD. The Renault SA was really pushy and cut me off everytime I pointed out EcoSport's stronger points over the Duster! As per him one doesn't need 6 airbags in a car as most impacts are frontal, safety features like TCS, EBD are gimmicks, Duster's spartan interiors are easy to maintain and CVT is better than Torque converter due to better mileage. I promptly booked the EcoSport from a different dealer!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 12:12   #263
BHPian

We took delivery of our Titanium+ AT on 18th Feb.

Does anyone know how to change the instant fuel consumption from litres/100 km to km/litre? Appreciate your help

The instant fuel consumption switches from litres/100 km when driving to litres/hour when the car is stopped.
Old 12th March 2018, 23:27   #264
BHPian

New alloy design observed on Titanium variant. Looks similar to the ones on the US model.

Photo credit: Midhun Charavarthy & Angel Matthew Dovalina (Facebook EcoSquads group)
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-28951248_10215898728522780_4195869416795144192_n.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-29027400_10215898730122820_901077099249401856_n.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-28959070_2028178810545614_1978790612651999232_n.jpg  

FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 22:10   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
We took delivery of our Titanium+ AT on 18th Feb.

Does anyone know how to change the instant fuel consumption from litres/100 km to km/litre? Appreciate your help

The instant fuel consumption switches from litres/100 km when driving to litres/hour when the car is stopped.
I took the delivery of my Titanium AT+ AT on 12th March.

The instant fuel consumption from litres/100 km to km/litre can be changed in the MID display.

Right above the cruise control buttons in the steering wheel, there's a button with 3 lines, use that and go inside the settings. From there you can change it.

How's your car performing in terms of mileage?

Right after delivery, I had to travel to Bangalore and the average fuel consumption is 9.2 KMPL. I find this very low.

Also I find lots of LAG in D mode and the brakes are not all efficient. Please share your thoughts on this.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 13th March 2018 at 23:21. Reason: High speed reference removed. Please see inline note
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 22:33   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Right after delivery, I had to travel to Bangalore and the average fuel consumption is 9.2 KMPL. I find this very low. I did 140+ average on highways with AC on.

Also I find lots of LAG in D mode and the brakes are not all efficient. Please share your thoughts on this.
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm surprised you've asked the question especially after stating the facts yourself:

1) Car is a day old, allow the engine to run-in and wait for the first service (where you can change the oil+oil filter) to really judge the FE

2) You are doing 140+ on a highway, which itself is a sign of unsafe driving practices. For the record, I know the Bangalore - Chennai highway well and no, 140+ is not safe

Congratulations on the new car but do give your driving habits a thought.
libranof1987 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 04:19   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm surprised you've asked the question especially after stating the facts yourself:

1) Car is a day old, allow the engine to run-in and wait for the first service (where you can change the oil+oil filter) to really judge the FE

2) You are doing 140+ on a highway, which itself is a sign of unsafe driving practices. For the record, I know the Bangalore - Chennai highway well and no, 140+ is not safe

Congratulations on the new car but do give your driving habits a thought.
Roger that!

I will keep this in mind next time.

Any thoughts on the brakes though. The brake pedal goes completely back and the brake itself is soft. During breaking, I also noticed the car is drifting sideways, Like if it's going to skid.
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 08:49   #268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any thoughts on the brakes though. The brake pedal goes completely back and the brake itself is soft. During breaking, I also noticed the car is drifting sideways, Like if it's going to skid.
I find the brakes on my pre-facelift EcoSport pretty satisfactory.

Since you drove straight out of the showroom, where the chances of tyres being over-inflated are very high, perhaps you can check if the tyre pressure is set it to the recommended, and test the brakes again? This doesn't explain the pedal going all the way back though.

If the tyre pressure is as recommended, you might want to check with A.S.S.
Old 14th March 2018, 08:59   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Roger that!

I will keep this in mind next time.

Let the tyre and brakes run in..my T + AT brakes also had sort off sponginess to it, that settled down when I crossed 500-700 kms.
On a new car, doing such high speeds, specially when you don't know her behaviour is definitely calling for trouble.
Old 14th March 2018, 09:20   #270
BHPian

Quote:
I took the delivery of my Titanium AT+ AT on 12th March.

The instant fuel consumption from litres/100 km to km/litre can be changed in the MID display.

Right above the cruise control buttons in the steering wheel, there's a button with 3 lines, use that and go inside the settings. From there you can change it.

How's your car performing in terms of mileage?

Right after delivery, I had to travel to Bangalore and the average fuel consumption is 9.2 KMPL. I find this very low.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Thanks, I managed to change it before reading your email.

It's true that the FE is low but the car has to be run in. On a long drive I got an average of 6.2L/100 km, which translates to >16 km/l. My car has only done 350 kms. Planning to drive to Pune over the weekend, so will monitor the FE.
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks