Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:55   #241
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Finally spotted a lightning blue baby strolling past me near Jakkasandra coming from Wipro signal about an hour back. My first sighting of this stunner on the road. This seems to be a lighter shade of midnight blue. The Ecosport looked like a hunk that has got a much needed makeover. Could not get a chance to admire the beauty as I was driving but that moment I realised why this colour is in such demand.

I am still undecided between Ecosport and Nexon. Eagerly awaiting the launch of Nexon AMT and TD'ing both before zeroing in on one. I will definitely book the lightning blue if I choose Ecosport. Its worth the wait I feel.

Last edited by strawhat : 2nd March 2018 at 10:10. Reason: past tense
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 08:41   #242
BHPian

How is the mileage of the Petrol AT in real life? In Bangalore city traffic, what kind of mileage can I expect?

Separately, my SA told me that the T+ AT 's price has been hiked by 15K (before taxes etc). I'll be getting the revised OTR prices on Monday.

This is the second price increase in two months. The car is turning out to be more and more pricey now. It's getting too close to Creta now IMHO.
Old 4th March 2018, 11:38   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
How is the mileage of the Petrol AT in real life? In Bangalore city traffic, what kind of mileage can I expect?
Here is your answer for petrol AT mileage. Not sure about Bangalore city traffic though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4355195

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4355214

Quote:
Separately, my SA told me that the T+ AT 's price has been hiked by 15K (before taxes etc). I'll be getting the revised OTR prices on Monday.
I was afraid it would have been 20-30k. 15k is palatable. I'll check with my SA in a day or two about the revised pricing. T+ AT isn't VFM anymore, but there is no other car in this category offering a proper torque converter with this many safety features.
Old 4th March 2018, 15:31   #244
BHPian

Here in Pune, dealer told me to book the car today by paying 5 lac down payment so that I have to bear half amount of total price increase on that variant. I am not sure of such deal. Shall I go for such proposition? Anyone knows how much it will increase for Titanium D version? This variant is on the verge of getting close to 10 lac price. TCS will be applicable even if price increase by 100 Rs.
Old 4th March 2018, 17:42   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
Here in Pune, dealer told me to book the car today by paying 5 lac down payment so that I have to bear half amount of total price increase on that variant. I am not sure of such deal. Shall I go for such proposition? Anyone knows how much it will increase for Titanium D version? This variant is on the verge of getting close to 10 lac price. TCS will be applicable even if price increase by 100 Rs.
When did you book your car and when has your SA promised you delivery? It looks like they already have a Titanium D billed to them by Ford at old price.

They are trying to show you 50% discount while in reality it looks like they can still offer you the car at old price. They maybe using this price hike tactic to pocket additional money from existing buyers.

Let's say Ford has allocated 10 cars to them at old price, they will now call all existing buyers to check who is willing to pay 5lacs plus 50% of hike price. This would be at the cost of some genuine buyers to whom these cars should have been allocated as per their booking number.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 18:37   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
When did you book your car and when has your SA promised you delivery? It looks like they already have a Titanium D billed to them by Ford at old price.

They are trying to show you 50% discount while in reality it looks like they can still offer you the car at old price. They maybe using this price hike tactic to pocket additional money from existing buyers.

Let's say Ford has allocated 10 cars to them at old price, they will now call all existing buyers to check who is willing to pay 5lacs plus 50% of hike price. This would be at the cost of some genuine buyers to whom these cars should have been allocated as per their booking number.
I sensed something wrong because initially he said that he will guarantee the price protection for old prices. Then he went for 10 min and came back telling us that he has talked to his manager and now it will be only 50 %. He even showed me allotted number for the car which is in transit. I did not book the car. I dont want to fall in some kind of trap. Tomorrow he may say that even 50% is not possible. Ford is becoming greedy and trying get all profit from Ecosport by increasing prices for second time in two months. Govt has increased import duty on some components but they should cushion some amount.
findviru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 22:10   #247
BHPian

Quote:

This is the second price increase in two months. The car is turning out to be more and more pricey now. It's getting too close to Creta now IMHO.
As Ford india, from 5th March all vehicle prices will be increased to 4% ex-showroom. My loan is disbursed and I have been allotted smoke grey. At present, I am really worried about the mileage.

During weekdays I will be driving in city and every weekend I do a trip to Chennai. Considering all this, fuel costs comes around 15200/PM which is quite high.

I am considering cancelling this and go for Polo GT TDI. However my ford dealer is claiming that booking cannot be cancelled since invoice has been prepared. Does anyone has more info on this?

Regards
Uday
Old 5th March 2018, 11:24   #248
BHPian

I took delivery of my smoke grey titanium MT petrol last Monday. Initial commitment was to deliver the vehicle by March end. So was pleasantly surprised when I got the sms from Ford that the vehicle is under production and later on the way to the dealer, just two weeks after booking. Verified the VIN number and confirmed it to be a Feb 2018 build. Haven't used her extensively yet. But she seems to be very thirsty . Currently getting around 9 km/l in city
Old 6th March 2018, 02:51   #249
BHPian

I did a Hyderabad-Bengaluru-Hyderabad trip this weekend. The car is a delight to drive. It's rock stable and handles like a charm. This was something I used to miss in my good old i20. The car never felt unsettled which changing lanes at high speed, or even while going through sharp curves. The NVH levels are pretty good I'll say. They help in keeping away any fatigue. I drove continuously with hardly a couple of short breaks either way, and was still fresh at the end of the trip.

I was a little scared about the tire issue, and kept the TPMS info on, on the MID. Thankfully the tires did their job without any fuss. Their true capability will be tested once I get a chance to drive to the Ghat section, or maybe some really bad roads.

At the end of the 1200 KM drive, the MID showed an average of 17.6 KM/L, which isn't bad IMO since I was traveling with 4 people and an almost full boot. I am hoping the fuel economy will get better after the first service.

Two things which can definitely be improved in the vehicle:
  • The Headlights - Not bad, but there's a lot of scope for improvement. Couldn't take any pics for reference, maybe next time.
  • The Speakers - Again, they do the job. But at slightly higher volume, the bass seems to fade away.
Overall, I am a very happy with the performance. Can't wait for the first service, that's when I will get to test her full potential.
DasJager is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 21:40   #250
BHPian

Called my SA today to enquire about the price hike. Titanium+ AT will set me back by another ₹10600 ex-showroom. Praying for prices not to increase again till I get my car delivered. It's already around ₹30k higher since launch.

Price hike, reported 17" tyre issues and battery problems! She surely is throwing a lot of tantrums
Old 7th March 2018, 04:19   #251
BHPian

Hi All,

Can someone suggest good LED white light for Ecosport Petrol AT+?

For some reason, the yellow light doesn't impress me hence I would like to put a LED headlights. Has anyone done this in Chennai or Bangalore and would this void the warranty?

Also I would require some assistance on good ICE.

Regards
Uday
Old 7th March 2018, 12:23   #252
BHPian

I got this new price list in Pune. Now VFM titanium variant is costly by approx 20k.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20180307121006925_com.google.android.apps.docs.png  

findviru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 16:10   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got this new price list in Pune. Now VFM titanium variant is costly by approx 20k.
WOW !
Sad to see Titanium Diesel variant crossed 10 lac mark resulting in more taxes.
Surprised to see even the 4th year add-on warranty is not called out. And basic essential kit is 6k

Not a good move so soon after the price increase in Jan'2018. Why Ford, Why?

-Ravi
Old 7th March 2018, 16:32   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
WOW !
Sad to see Titanium Diesel variant crossed 10 lac mark resulting in more taxes.
Surprised to see even the 4th year add-on warranty is not called out. And basic essential kit is 6k

Not a good move so soon after the price increase in Jan'2018. Why Ford, Why?

-Ravi
Yes, it is not good for customers . Ford has reduced the insurance amount now. Since RTO charges increased by 1 % in Maharashtra as Titanium variant crossed 10 Lac limit. It is now 14 % of ex showroom price. If I calculate the RTO charge it is coming about Rs. 141386. So rest of the Rs. 8378 includes handling charge, Fastag and number plate. Nowadays handling charge is included in RTO charges.
I checked with SA about 6000 charge for essential kit and response was that it is of premium quality.
Anyone fitted rear view camera on Titanium version? How much it costs? Is it is displayed on touchscreen or IRVM?
Old 7th March 2018, 20:40   #255
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with SA about 6000 charge for essential kit and response was that it is of premium quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
And basic essential kit is 6k
I would suggest to get the items of the essential kit individually.

The essential kit contains mudflaps, floor mats and trunk mat. As per Ford's website, they cost:
  • Mudflaps : 790
  • Carpet Floor Mats : 1293
  • Trunk Mat: 835

This totals to 2918.

Hence it makes no sense to get them as a package, but to bill them individually.

I did not want the carpet floor mats from Ford, hence got the rest of the two billed individually.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks