Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2018, 10:39   #301
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post

I was really expecting them to come out with an update to support auto door lock which has been missing in the latest edition of EcoSport.
I don't think sync update would enable or disable auto door lock, also I don't think they're gonna enable it, a lot of manufacturers are doing away with it citing security reasons and it's dependability on the ECU/battery and a lot of other parameters, which is debatable and a little controversial. I prefer it this way, my car under my control although it takes a slight getting used to.
Old 27th March 2018, 11:57   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Question for Titanium Plus owners, how hard or easy do you find living with the 17 inch alloy and the lower profile?

Is it a deal breaker or can the stock 17 alloys be shod with bigger profile tires to aid ride quality and comfort.
I've had the car for over a month now, no issues with the 17" alloys/tyres. Did a Mumbai-Pune round trip and all was well.

If you use bigger profile tyres, you will alter a lot, including overall tyre circumference, interference with the wheel well, etc. A possible upgrade is 215/50/R17
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 12:18   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I've had the car for over a month now, no issues with the 17" alloys/tyres. Did a Mumbai-Pune round trip and all was well.
How was the high speed ride quality on bad stretches of Mumbai-Pune Expressway?

I own 2016 Jazz i-vtec (175/65 R15) and it's high speed ride quality is a bit choppy on bad stretches of this Expressway. Your opinion will really help me as I am planning on Ecosport by year end.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 12:42   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post

I own 2016 Jazz i-vtec (175/65 R15) and it's high speed ride quality is a bit choppy on bad stretches of this Expressway. Your opinion will really help me as I am planning on Ecosport by year end.
The EcoSports ride on the highway was very good, though I did not exceed 100 at any stage. The EcoSport has a stiff suspension unlike the Honda and that contributes positively to the high speed ride and handling.
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 14:27   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
I am getting mileage of 10KMPL with an average of 40KMPH. But facing lots of issues with the car.
Not sure if you stated the fuel efficiency as an issue. Fuel efficiency is mostly dependent on how you use the throttle.

1. Check the battery/alternator. or look for a leak. You might have left the parking lights on maybe.
2. In most cars, there are 2 stages to the click. Half click is like a manual mode. Full click makes the glasses roll down automatically.
3. The indicator plays it safe assuming the gauge is inaccurate for any number of reasons. After my low fuel light comes on, the DTE works till 50km and then goes blank. After some time the low fuel lights starts blinking. This usually indicates the last stretch of the reserve fuel.
4. No clue here.

If problems persist, talk to the dealer and then ford. A goodwill gesture is always possible.

Last edited by Eddy : 30th March 2018 at 05:31. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability
Old 27th March 2018, 16:22   #306
BHPian

Guys,

Of late, I have been noticing that when after parking my car, I turn off the engine, the radiator fan still keeps running for sometime (for almost 5 mins) an sometimes it does not.
I have not being doing anything different in the sense by turning on/running something extra on days when radiator fan continues to run.

Just wanted to know if this a normal behavior or something is wrong with my car.
Old 27th March 2018, 17:50   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
I don't understand what you mean by lag, i guess youre talking about the time between stepping on the throttle and the car accelerating, it's a torque converter unit and not a DSG so there's a little lag, having said that TC units do very well with part throttle, if you're expecting the car to respond as soon as you floor the throttle, this gearbox isn't gonna do it.
Yes, Its a TC and works well with gentle throttle inputs. in sports mode, there is a gap of almost 2 seconds between the time you hit the paddle and the actual gear change happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I have been to Khopoli, and the car was fun to drive. I did not have any issues with stability. Its rock solid on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Just wanted to know if this a normal behavior or something is wrong with my car.
When the radiator is on the hotter side, the radiator fan will continue to run to cool it down. Its normal.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 09:12   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Storage drawer under the front passenger seat is provided in the Titanium+ variant only
Recent buyers have reported on Facebook that the Storage drawer is no longer available even in Titanium+. When I called up the Ford customer care, at first they said that the storage drawer was never provided in the facelifted EcoSport. When I mailed them back with link and pictures from this review, they called back saying that its available but only in Titanium+. Shows how knowledgeable and trustworthy they are!

But multiple buyers who got their cars in March have reported it missing from their cars and also from other Titanium+ in the stockyards. Dealerships are saying that it has been discontinued from March and some other customer care executives have also confirmed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Front seats in the Titanium & lower variants get a sturdy metal lever for fore & aft adjustment (unlike what you saw in the Titanium+ above)
Apparently, the front seats fore and aft adjustment knob in Titanium+ has been replaced by the metal lever as found in the lower variants.

So after 2 price hikes, buyers are now getting less by paying more along with the tensions of the tyre issues!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 19:44   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post

If problems persist, talk to the dealer and then ford. A goodwill gesture is always possible.
What kind of goodwill gesture are you referring to?

Regards
Uday
Old 28th March 2018, 23:46   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Recent buyers have reported on Facebook that the Storage drawer is no longer available even in Titanium+.

Apparently, the front seats fore and aft adjustment knob in Titanium+ has been replaced by the metal lever as found in the lower variants.
That's a bummer and a ridiculous cost cutting measure.
A good product shouldn't start getting small but negative publicity so soon. After Facelift was launched last Nov'2017, positive feedback was more on the car, but the negatives are creeping in slowly. Not good !
Ford fixed most of the customer complaints of previous version in facelift and hope they do it now as well.

-Ravi
Old 29th March 2018, 01:36   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
A good product shouldn't start getting small but negative publicity so soon.
I have been following the EcoSport since launch of the facelift. Wanted to see real life user reviews for the new petrol engine and AT transmission, so didn't book it right away and prices were hiked by ₹21k in January. After reading Team BHP official review, finally booked the Titanium+ AT on 20th Jan with delivery date in April. Suffered another price hike in March by another ₹10k. Now features are being removed, which means I would be paying more and getting less. Add to that, the ongoing tyre and battery issues with the Titanium+.

The EcoSport is a really good car in its segment but all these above points combined are just too much. Tyre and battery problems can be attributed to batch issues by third party vendors, but hiking the price and then silently removing features feels cheap and disappointing. Since these features are not explicitly mentioned in the brochure, they have got easy deniability. God knows what they'll remove next! Touchscreen and rear camera resolutions are not mentioned in brochure, so maybe reduced resolutions for these? Presence of the 7th (central) speaker behind the touchscreen is also not mentioned; the brochure mentions only 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. There was an ad/image released by Ford recently which showed only 6 speakers.

I am very inclined towards cancelling my booking
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fb_img_1522267325011.jpg  

Old 29th March 2018, 11:02   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Thanks a lot.

I went window shopping at quite a few dealers and accumulated quotations from all of them. Sorted the crème de la crème, pitted them against the SA and started negotiating. To be honest, I stitched together some lies as well. I claimed I was offered various discounts from these dealers to push my case. Believe me, making fat claims works in these cases. Just don't make them sound hard to believe. I also played the "finance year end deals" card. Thankfully it worked in my favour.

The good old shop-around-get-best-deals strategy I think is still the best way to go about. Nothing beats it.
Thank you for the tips; they worked! I managed to get something quite close to this, with a lot of haggling and some heavy emotional blackmail. The financial year-end bit worked wonders too.

Finally booked a blue AT Titanium+ on 27 March. Delivery expected sometime around the last week of April
spectre13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 20:52   #313
BHPian

Folks,

Any idea how to change the font of the MID display with something similar to Hyundai or Maruti cars?

The font in the 2017 Ecosport doesn't look good and difficult to read. Is there any software tweaking which can be done to fix this.

Regards
Uday
Old 29th March 2018, 22:45   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Folks,

Any idea how to change the font of the MID display with something similar to Hyundai or Maruti cars?
AFAIK, this is not possible unless a new SYNC3 version is released that allows different fonts.

-Ravi
Old 30th March 2018, 17:02   #315
BHPian

My first 1000 km with the EcoSport T+AT:-

1. Did one long drive Mumbai-Pune and back. Car is great on the highway.Used cruise control most of the time. Since the car is new, did not exceed 100 km/h.
2. Have done a few trips to Navi Mumbai for work.
3. The ride is very planted. The elevated view from the drivers seat is super
4. Maintaining 32 psi on all 4 tyres; have had no problem with the low profile tyres till now
5. The AC is very good, car cools quickly.
6. My T+AT does have a Storage Drawer under the passenger seat, was made in Jan 2018.
7. Fuel efficiency is lower when compared with other cars, at least in the city. On long drives I am getting 14+. However, in the city it is very low. This is because initially I was using a heavy foot - learning to use a light foot with the Torque Converter (the DSG in the Passat behaves very differently !)
8. Fit & Finish is decent, fortunately the car seems built solid so no rattles.
9. Engine is fairly quiet, over use it's getting better. Has enough punch ! Sports mode is even better
10. The fit of the leather upholstery could be better, some poor finish at the edges are clearly visible.
11. I find that when I start the car and engage reverse, the camera does not show the guide lines. When I engage the reverse after driving for some time, the guide lines show. Has anyone faced this issue?
12. I have updated the SYNC software to version 3.0. Quite easy to do so.

Overall a great car, I am extremely happy with it
rpunwani is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks