Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
1,731,379 views
Old 3rd April 2018, 15:05   #331
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 545
Thanked: 723 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitam View Post
Thank you so much for this quick and encouraging review.

Got the delivery of my EcoSport T+ AT on April 1, 2018 and your review reaffirmed the faith in my decision to go ahead with the car.

Planning a short road trip to try the cruise control and sports mode this weekend.
Welcome to the EcoSport family. Please do follow standard practice of running in your car for the first 1000 kms; i.e. max. speed 100 km/hr, varying engine speed, no spirited driving, etc.

Does your car have the tray under the passenger seat. I believe this has been removed in recently delivered cars. Also does your car auto-lock once you cross 20km/hr?
rpunwani is online now  
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:31   #332
Newbie
 
Mad4bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Doha/Chennai
Posts: 24
Thanked: 62 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4X4 View Post
I got my Ecosport

Below is the on road price including TCS, Insurance, Registration, and 4th Year Warranty.
Ex-Showroom Price: Rs 10,89,300.
Insurance: Rs 42,350. from New India Insurance Bumper to Bumper with zero dep.
Extended Warranty: 4th-year warranty Rs16,250.
Fastag: Rs 600 ICICI fastag from the dealer.
Registration: Rs 94,994.
Discount: Rs 20,000.
[b][i]Total Price including registration: Rs 12,23,494.
Pls recheck your total on road price. It does not seem accurate. What is the road tax and registration paid? Also, you seem to have paid more for insurance. HDFC zero dep costs around 28k.
Mad4bhp is offline  
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:02   #333
RVD
BHPian
 
RVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 156
Thanked: 290 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Hello all. I had booked my Titanium plus (Lightning Blue) from two seperate dealers by paying a token amount to each. Now both my cars have reached the yard. I will be taking the delivery of my vehicle sometime this week. I will be happy to give the other booking to anyone interested on a FCFS basis.
RVD is offline  
Old 3rd April 2018, 23:11   #334
Newbie
 
Travel4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK-04
Posts: 19
Thanked: 50 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4bhp View Post
Pls recheck your total on road price. It does not seem accurate. What is the road tax and registration paid? Also, you seem to have paid more for insurance. HDFC zero dep costs around 28k.
There is a 20k discount mentioned in second last line, so the total is correct mate. You can assume insurance for ₹22,350.00 after calculating the deduction, road tax and registration charges are ₹94,994.00 as mentioned.
Travel4X4 is offline  
Old 4th April 2018, 11:26   #335
Newbie
 
Mad4bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Doha/Chennai
Posts: 24
Thanked: 62 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4X4 View Post
There is a 20k discount mentioned in second last line, so the total is correct mate. You can assume insurance for ₹22,350.00 after calculating the deduction, road tax and registration charges are ₹94,994.00 as mentioned.
I'm wondering how road tax and registration charges are only 94,994.00. As per the price list shared recently, it's over 2 Lakh for t+ diesel. Can you please recheck and advise. Thanks.
Mad4bhp is offline  
Old 4th April 2018, 11:50   #336
Team-BHP Support
 
Chetan_Rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,762
Thanked: 23,666 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4bhp View Post
I'm wondering how road tax and registration charges are only 94,994.00. As per the price list shared recently, it's over 2 Lakh for t+ diesel. Can you please recheck and advise. Thanks.
His location says Uttarakhand, where road tax is 6% for cars under 10L and 8% for 10L+ (both values ex-showroom).

Source
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 12:08   #337
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MYS-BLR
Posts: 275
Thanked: 514 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Hi, I just picked up a T+ EcoSport with the troublesome 17" wheels. I am looking at swapping these for some decent 16-incher alloys and wider tyres, for a more comfortable ride.

Any suggestions of good shops in Bangalore for this?

Also would I be able to get good value for my almost brand new OEM alloys and tyres?

How much should I be budgeting for this swap? I'm trying to figure out if this is within the limits of reason.

Any thoughts would be helpful!
qaqa is online now  
Old 4th April 2018, 14:48   #338
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Welcome to the EcoSport family. Please do follow standard practice of running in your car for the first 1000 kms; i.e. max. speed 100 km/hr, varying engine speed, no spirited driving, etc.



Does your car have the tray under the passenger seat. I believe this has been removed in recently delivered cars. Also does your car auto-lock once you cross 20km/hr?
Thank you so much , Yes, will stick to the points mentioned.
Could you please let me know the Tyre pressure that was maintained for the initial 1000 kms.

Tray under passenger seat - No
Auto-lock - Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Hi, I just picked up a T+ EcoSport with the troublesome 17" wheels.
Hey!
I have a quick question. Is it necessary to get the wheels replaced? Did you face a problem immediately in the initial kilometers?

My Titanium+ was delivered 3 days back and discussions on wheels is making me worry!

Last edited by Eddy : 4th April 2018 at 15:08. Reason: Merged
vinitam is offline  
Old 4th April 2018, 16:18   #339
BHPian
 
blurust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 223
Thanked: 211 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitam View Post
Thank you so much , Yes, will stick to the points mentioned.
Could you please let me know the Tyre pressure that was maintained for the initial 1000 kms.

Tray under passenger seat - No
Auto-lock - Yes



Hey!
I have a quick question. Is it necessary to get the wheels replaced? Did you face a problem immediately in the initial kilometers?

My Titanium+ was delivered 3 days back and discussions on wheels is making me worry!
There is no one who has picked up Ecosport in Feb March has autolock, can you please post a video for confirmation, would help us a lot.
Also make sure you hand over the camera to someone at the back seat so that it covers the whole front.
Thanks.
blurust is offline  
Old 4th April 2018, 17:00   #340
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MYS-BLR
Posts: 275
Thanked: 514 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitam View Post
Hey!
I have a quick question. Is it necessary to get the wheels replaced? Did you face a problem immediately in the initial kilometers?

My Titanium+ was delivered 3 days back and discussions on wheels is making me worry!

No problems with the wheels or the tyres as yet. But I'm not happy with the ride quality. This, and the tyre failure worries, have led me down this path.
qaqa is online now  
Old 4th April 2018, 20:19   #341
BHPian
 
damager21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 776
Thanked: 2,448 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitam View Post
Thank you so much , Yes, will stick to the points mentioned.
Could you please let me know the Tyre pressure that was maintained for the initial 1000 kms.

Tray under passenger seat - No
Auto-lock - Yes
I picked up a March 2018 manufactured T+ AT ES and there is No autolock. Is there some setting you used to activate it?

Last edited by damager21 : 4th April 2018 at 20:21.
damager21 is offline  
Old 5th April 2018, 14:21   #342
BHPian
 
FrodoOfTheShire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 458
Thanked: 1,402 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I picked up a March 2018 manufactured T+ AT ES and there is No autolock. Is there some setting you used to activate it?
Ford is infamous for silently removing features from their cars, not the other way around!

There is auto lock as of now, unless Ford has decided to throw it in as Easter eggs for few lucky customers.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline  
Old 5th April 2018, 20:32   #343
BHPian
 
blurust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 223
Thanked: 211 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Ford is infamous for silently removing features from their cars, not the other way around!

There is auto lock as of now, unless Ford has decided to throw it in as Easter eggs for few lucky customers.
True for removing and Ford is also famous for continuously upgrading their cars based on customer feedback.
blurust is offline  
Old 5th April 2018, 22:01   #344
BHPian
 
FrodoOfTheShire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 458
Thanked: 1,402 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
There is auto lock as of now, unless Ford has decided to throw it in as Easter eggs for few lucky customers.
Oops! I meant NO auto lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Ford is also famous for continuously upgrading their cars based on customer feedback.
Agreed. Facelifted EcoSport is testament to that. Its as comprehensive as a facelift can be without being called a new generation!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 20:12   #345
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 6,663
Thanked: 47,502 Times
Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Nitesh Mittal has this to share:

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180406wa0050.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180406wa0048.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180406wa0049.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180406wa0047.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks