Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2019, 14:19   #1021
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
Congratulations to you too! Are you getting the car with the 17” wheels or the new 16” ones?
The 16" ones. All ecosport now come only with the 16" wheels is what the sales rep said. The godown below the showroom also had about 10-12 ecosports and all of them had 16" Good year tyres.

Last edited by mangespat : 28th July 2019 at 14:20. Reason: Errors
mangespat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 14:23   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangespat View Post
The 16" ones. All ecosport now have only the 16" wheels is what the sales rep said. The godown below the showroom also had about 10-12 ecoports and all of them had 16" Good year tyres.
Yes, all the new ones come with 16” only(I’m driving one of them). A few of my friends got the 2018 variants with 17” ones at very handsome discounts.
Old 28th July 2019, 20:03   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaynvr View Post
Hi Guys,
For my white ES, I am thinking of replacing the white fog-lamp bezel with a black one.
Any idea of its cost?
Thanks.
You can get them from the dealership itself. Costs ~₹900.
Old 28th July 2019, 20:18   #1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
You can get them from the dealership itself. Costs ~₹900.
Thanks! that's not that expensive! Hope it is inclusive of the fitting charges.
Old 28th July 2019, 20:47   #1025
BHPian

How's the handbrake for you guys? My car simply won't stay on a ramp with the handbrake alone. Even with the gear engaged i sometimes have to secure it with a brick next to the tyres..
Old 28th July 2019, 21:33   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
How's the handbrake for you guys? My car simply won't stay on a ramp with the handbrake alone. Even with the gear engaged i sometimes have to secure it with a brick next to the tyres..
Few owners have reported this in the past, where the car slips even with gears and handbrake engaged. Their issue got resolved at the service station by cleaning the rear drum brakes and tightening the handbrake. Do get it checked at the earliest.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 21:44   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
Yes, all the new ones come with 16” only
Nope. In fact the Thunder Edition is still a 17 incher painted in black.

Cheers!
Old 28th July 2019, 22:27   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Few owners have reported this in the past, where the car slips even with gears and handbrake engaged. Their issue got resolved at the service station by cleaning the rear drum brakes and tightening the handbrake. Do get it checked at the earliest.
Thanks a lot! I'll be visiting the FASS this week then..
Old 29th July 2019, 00:14   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

Cheers!
Sorry I didn’t clarify, my bad. I was speaking about the new Sport trim!
Old 29th July 2019, 01:54   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

Cheers!
That's actually accurate. The thunder edition still comes with the 17". Forgot about that. All the regular ones though are 16".

While on the topic of thunder, Has anyone sat in the back of a thunder and checked the leg room. It's horrible. The middle seat has none what so ever and with my regular seating in the drivers seat the person behind had a hard time getting in to the car wonder what ford was thinking or Testing with.
Old 29th July 2019, 08:50   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
That's actually accurate. The thunder edition still comes with the 17". Forgot about that. All the regular ones though are 16".

While on the topic of thunder, Has anyone sat in the back of a thunder and checked the leg room. It's horrible. The middle seat has none what so ever and with my regular seating in the drivers seat the person behind had a hard time getting in to the car wonder what ford was thinking or Testing with.
Shouldn't that be the same case with every EcoSport variant? I mean, Thunder is just a cosmetically enhanced "special edition" variant, so space and seating arrangements wouldn't have changed
Old 29th July 2019, 12:36   #1032
BHPian

The website shows one more price cut. Titanium + MT (P) as well as Thunder Petrol now retails at 9.99L ex.Sh. That's a killer price IMO, esp Titanium Plus with 6 Airbags, TCS, EBA, HLA, ESC, auto wipers, auto headlamps. If only that could provide the excellent Sync 3 too.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 13:11   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Since the 1st generation the EcoSport has always been rated highly as a drivers' car. Never as a passengers' car. .
Its never picked for its rear space as there isn't much. Its strictly a 4 seater and that too with limited leg room for the taller folk. The car has never changed in specifications and dimensions (if at all - I think the length and wheelbase got reduced by 1mm in the facelift). So you are bashing Ford for the right reason but quite a long time after their crime was actually committed.
Old 30th July 2019, 13:04   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Shouldn't that be the same case with every EcoSport variant? I mean, Thunder is just a cosmetically enhanced "special edition" variant, so space and seating arrangements wouldn't have changed
I thought so too but it's TRUE. I am on my way to the showroom for the pdi of my new ecosport. Will take some pictures and post them here. Everything looks the same but there is a serious space crunch in the back with the thunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Since the 1st generation the EcoSport has always been rated highly as a drivers' car. Never as a passengers' car. .
Its never picked for its rear space as there isn't much. Its strictly a 4 seater and that too with limited leg room for the taller folk. The car has never changed in specifications and dimensions (if at all - I think the length and wheelbase got reduced by 1mm in the facelift). So you are bashing Ford for the right reason but quite a long time after their crime was actually committed.
I agree with you. I think right from page one of this thread on the review itself it was quoted that the space in the back is abysmal, however it's at least enuf for 2 in the back to get in. Will share pictures In a couple of hours that show that the thunder does not have space to get in the back either. It's just weird.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th July 2019 at 17:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 31st July 2019, 00:01   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
The website shows one more price cut. Titanium + MT (P) as well as Thunder Petrol now retails at 9.99L ex.Sh. That's a killer price IMO, esp Titanium Plus with 6 Airbags, TCS, EBA, HLA, ESC, auto wipers, auto headlamps. If only that could provide the excellent Sync 3 too.
For some reason, it is specific to Delhi .
Ex-showroom for other cities is 10,30,000 INR.

Still not a bad price then Venue.
You miss out on leather seats and Sync 3.
narmad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks