Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 01:00   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I have the petrol AT Titanium+ version. The car's run about 13000kms over 18 months or so. I'm getting a mileage of just about 8kmpl as measured on tankfull to tankfull basis. The car is driven largely in Bangalore City traffic.

Isn't this mileage too low? What kind of FE are other AT users getting in Bangalore?

In city I get around 8.5 as per MID, so 8 kmpl in tankful reading seems just about right. With some sedate driving I can stretch it to 9 sometimes.
SilentEngine is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 06:00   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
In city I get around 8.5 as per MID, so 8 kmpl in tankful reading seems just about right. With some sedate driving I can stretch it to 9 sometimes.
One point to note is that the MID is one of the most accurate in terms of FE. Most cars show above 15% optimistic numbers. With Ecosport, the error is hardly 5%.
Old 6th December 2019, 13:27   #1158
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Congratulations. With a killer combination of Sync 3 system + cruise control + all black leather interiors + premium cluster, you got yourself a rare gem indeed. The discount makes this deal one of the best around.

Go ahead and get TDCI'd.
Thanks Mugiwara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats on your new car. However, this is exactly one of the main reasons (and the heavy clutch) which made me change my decision to pick this car up in March of this year, even after booking it. After many test drives across different terrain and roads, the stiff suspension and jarring ride on bad roads made it clear that it would not be something that I will be comfortable with in the long term. I have back issues too cropping up now and then, and the stiff ride was a deal breaker for me. Hope it doesnt trouble you too much. You might consider changing to more comfortable tires, that might help to a certain extent to cushion the ride.
I'm ok with the clutch, I still feel I have a few years left in me before I look for an automatic, still would like enjoy these stick shifts till they last. Having said that this is probably is my last manual though. I will still hold onto the tires for now and try lessening the pressure instead as I still like them and the only gripe I have with them presently is the slightly high road noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats on your stunning new ride and a great find! I suggest you lower the pressure to 28 psi for a comfy ride and go to 32 psi only for highway runs. That way you don't have to mess with the killer looks and alloys and don't have to spend much too, being a diesel won't pinch much by way of lowered FE.
I haven't gone below 30 still, was a bit worried for my sidewalls. As you mentioned I'm not overly worried about my FE so I'll check how that works out, thanks!
TDCi'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 13:57   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Same here - in heavy Pune traffic I get between 8 - 9 kmpl. The car is 95% used inside the city.
Old 6th December 2019, 16:32   #1160

Quote:
I have the petrol AT Titanium+ version. The car's run about 13000kms over 18 months or so. I'm getting a mileage of just about 8kmpl as measured on tankfull to tankfull basis. The car is driven largely in Bangalore City traffic.

Isn't this mileage too low? What kind of FE are other AT users getting in Bangalore?
I too bought an EcoSport AT on November 17th. She's reaching the 500 km milestone and I did one tankfull to tankfull. The MID shows a mileage of 9 kmpl and I calculated it to be 8.85 kmpl. I was expecting this mileage so no surprises for me.

I don't drive much in Bangalore traffic. I work from home so the only travel on a regular basis is dropping and picking up my son from school which is a little over 1 km from my home. Not much traffic on the road, but I don't think the car has enough time to even get into 5th gear . Considering this, I'm of the opinion that the mileage isn't bad for an AT.
Old 7th December 2019, 13:25   #1161
BHPian

Quote:

That's normal for Petrol AT in stop go to traffic. My average across 7k kms is 7.7Kmpl in Mumbai's horrendous traffic.
Old 10th December 2019, 18:19   #1162

Quote:

Same here.. 8.2 is what my MID reports! for AT T+

Last edited by Sheel : 10th December 2019 at 18:23. Reason: Minor edits. Please proof read before submitting your post.
Old 10th December 2019, 19:52   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaynvr View Post
Same here.. 8.2 is what my MID reports! for AT T+
Such numbers take the fun out of driving an otherwise wonderful car. If only the car ran on diesel, the number would be almost twice! But it's a shame that Ford doesn't provide diesel AT combo in any car below Endeavor.

If Ecosport Titanium+AT were launched with diesel, they can price it at 14 lakh. Only other SUV in the range with 6 airbags is XUV300, which sadly comes with AMT. It should find many takers then.
Old 15th December 2019, 17:11   #1164
BHPian

Guys, does anyone know the process to turn on the follow-me-home lights on the Titanium? I believe there’s two ways- one using the key fob and the other, fiddling with the light stalk inside the car. Found a video that mentions something in Hindi, but a translation would go miles. ASAP please!
Old 15th December 2019, 22:09   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Guys, does anyone know the process to turn on the follow-me-home lights on the Titanium? I believe there’s two ways- one using the key fob and the other, fiddling with the light stalk inside the car. Found a video that mentions something in Hindi, but a translation would go miles. ASAP please!
Hi,

I believe you need to have the Headlamps set to Auto and also set Headlamp delay function to a particular timer (default is 20 seconds) and the Headlamps will be on for the set time after the ignition is switched off. Its found under the MID screen settings -> lighting.( I know this works as I have tried it in my car)

If you dont have Auto headlamps you need to pull the light stalk towards you once after you switch off the car and it will stay on until 30 seconds after you close the door( I haven't tried this and this is from the manual)

Attaching the screenshot of the relevant part from the User manual

Hope this helps!

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20191215215935_drive.jpg
TDCi'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 01:47   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
Hi,

I believe you need to have the Headlamps set to Auto and also set Headlamp delay function to a particular timer (default is 20 seconds) and the Headlamps will be on for the set time after the ignition is switched off. Its found under the MID screen settings -> lighting.( I know this works as I have tried it in my car)

If you dont have Auto headlamps you need to pull the light stalk towards you once after you switch off the car and it will stay on until 30 seconds after you close the door( I haven't tried this and this is from the manual)

Attaching the screenshot of the relevant part from the User manual

Hope this helps!

Attachment 1945945
Thanks! The titanium version doesn’t get auto lamps by default (neither have I got it installed).

Forgot to link the video in my original post, sorry!

Thanks for clarifying, now I understand that I have to just pull the high beam stalk once when the engine is turned off. That’s about it!

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 16th December 2019 at 01:49.
Old 17th December 2019, 15:14   #1167
BHPian

Folks, attached file has detailed information about the items covered in extended warranty for Ford EcoSport.

Ford_EcoSport_EW_Coverage.pdf
nkumarblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 17:48   #1168
BHPian

Guys, with the news of Ford quitting India and handing over everything to Mahindra, does it make sense to buy an EcoSport now?

I intend to keep the car for at-least 7 - 10 years and a Lac kilometers.

I am thinking in terms of
a. Service with authorized service centers
b. Spares availability
c. Resale Value after 5+ years.
Old 19th December 2019, 10:07   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Guys, with the news of Ford quitting India and handing over everything to Mahindra, does it make sense to buy an EcoSport now?

Ford isn't quitting India ! A google search would have given you all the answers

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/mahindra-...o-know-2110473

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...hindra-19.html (Ford to end independent operations in India; will hold 49% in JV with Mahindra)

The JV will focus on joint development while the retail side will remain the same as today - Independent Ford and Mahindra brands, dealerships, service centres, etc.

Even their product line up has been detailed starting with a mid size SUV based on the next gen. XUV 500 platform, followed by the next gen Ecosport which Mahindra will borrow for their own version.

All Mahindra & Ford cars built on joint platforms will looks completely different and retain the brands core DNA.

I am actually quite excited to see what they come up with since this allows them to bring more products to India and more importantly MUCH FASTER !

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 19th December 2019 at 10:09.
fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 16:18   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post

I intend to keep the car for at-least 7 - 10 years and a Lac kilometers.

I am thinking in terms of
a. Service with authorized service centers
b. Spares availability
c. Resale Value after 5+ years.
Irrespective of what the JV is all about, once Ford hands over the reins to Mahindra, it will be a case of out of sight and mind. There will always be an element of risk that you will have to take in buying a Ford now. Spares will still be available, resale might tank, service might go to dogs.

For all we know, the JV may or may not work. The risk is on us buying Ford cars now in India. Nobody can give you a definitive answer to your questions on what will happen after 5 years and what the scenario will be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks