Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2020, 00:52   #1216
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The Ecosport Diesel's clutch grows harder over time. Mine was easily manageable till the fifth year, after that it started becoming unpleasantly hard. I have done only 27K Kms so far, so it is not about mileage it is just age. I replaced the clutch recently and it is now quite soft and easily to operate.
The clutch gets hard over a period of time and it depends on the usage. I use the clutch only to shift gears and my dad rides a bit on the clutch so the clutch adapts to the last user's style in the new ES. Only in very heavy traffic, I've felt the clutch issue else is quite smooth for a 22 month , 31,000 km old diesel car. The clutch hardness mainly depends on the user.

Last edited by jithin23 : 23rd February 2020 at 00:53. Reason: Typo
Old 25th February 2020, 13:52   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
I use the clutch only to shift gears and my dad rides a bit on the clutch so the clutch adapts to the last user's style in the new ES.
you can't help but "ride" the clutch in stop-and-go traffic, otherwise you'll end up making frequent gear changes, taking a heavy toll on your left knee/toes. Or am i missing something? thanks.
Old 25th February 2020, 14:11   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
you can't help but "ride" the clutch in stop-and-go traffic, otherwise you'll end up making frequent gear changes, taking a heavy toll on your left knee/toes. Or am i missing something? thanks.
In city, I know there's no other choice but even on highways dad or whoever drives(except me) the car rests their foot on the clutch or ride the clutch. That will cause more wear and tear of the clutch.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 13:32   #1219
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I got to know about a pre-owned EcoSport 1.5 AT on sale.
Any pointers that I should keep in mind while checking out the car?
Old 7th March 2020, 14:15   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Guys,

I got to know about a pre-owned EcoSport 1.5 AT on sale.
Any pointers that I should keep in mind while checking out the car?
If that is a prefacelift model, it is better to avoid it since DCT is known to have issues. If it is facelifted model, autobox is TC. So it should not be an issue
Old 7th March 2020, 14:21   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
If that is a prefacelift model, it is better to avoid it since DCT is known to have issues. If it is facelifted model, autobox is TC. So it should not be an issue
Its the facelifted 2018 model. Any known issues with EcoSport in general and TC EcoSport in particular?
Old 7th March 2020, 18:32   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Its the facelifted 2018 model. Any known issues with EcoSport in general and TC EcoSport in particular?
Haven't faced any issues or have heard about any issues in my 2 years of ownership. The only issue would be with the R17 tyres, which might need replacing, unless already replaced with newer batches by previous owner. The Bridgestone Ecopias were notorious for bulging issue.

This would be the version with Sync 3 and under seat storage. The most complete version of the car.

Go for it, if you find everything good with it.

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th March 2020 at 20:37. Reason: Typo corrected
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 13:42   #1223
BHPian

I'm in the market thinking to replace my 2011 diesel Ford Figo. Checked the Ecosport and Creta (outgoing as well as gen-2). Yet to test-drive these. My wife wasn't impressed with Creta at all and leaned more towards the Ecosport (owing to the build quality and safety features).

My requirement this time was petrol but I'm apprehensive of the three-pot Dragon engine which now has even lesser mileage figures after BS-6 compliance. Can any of the BS-6 petrol Ecosport owners provide guidance around this ? How refined/rough is Ford's BS-6 diesel as compared to petrol ? Will it make sense to get diesel at this point of time with monthly running of around 700km ?

I'm yet to check the other candidates like Kia Seltos, Honda WRV, etc. I'm not too keen on other 3-pot petrols like Nexon, XUV3OO.

Please advise. Thanks.
Old 8th March 2020, 14:12   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I'm in the market thinking to replace my 2011 diesel Ford Figo. Checked the Ecosport and Creta (outgoing as well as gen-2). Yet to test-drive these. My wife wasn't impressed with Creta at all and leaned more towards the Ecosport (owing to the build quality and safety features).

My requirement this time was petrol but I'm apprehensive of the three-pot Dragon engine which now has even lesser mileage figures after BS-6 compliance. Can any of the BS-6 petrol Ecosport owners provide guidance around this ? How refined/rough is Ford's BS-6 diesel as compared to petrol ? Will it make sense to get diesel at this point of time with monthly running of around 700km ?

I'm yet to check the other candidates like Kia Seltos, Honda WRV, etc. I'm not too keen on other 3-pot petrols like Nexon, XUV3OO.

Please advise. Thanks.
Give a try for Nexon Diesel BS6. Amazing machine with great power and light on pocket. It is a 4 cyl personality.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 15:21   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Well the 3pot dragon engine is very refined. There is slight vibrations but only during idle. Once it starts moving, there is absolutely no noise or vibrations to be felt.

I haven't driven the Diesel Ecosport, and can't comment on the NVH. However with only around 50k separating the Petrol abd Diesel, it's worthwile to consider a Ford Diesel. It's very driveable from what I hear.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 08:35   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can any of the BS-6 petrol Ecosport owners provide guidance around this ? How refined/rough is Ford's BS-6 diesel as compared to petrol ? Will it make sense to get diesel at this point of time with monthly running of around 700km ?
No, with that kind of low running (and given the small price difference between diesel and petrol), you would be much better off with the Dragon variant. Its a lovely engine overall, and low end driveability is also pretty good for a petrol motor. The diesel while a great engine, is pretty heavy to drive, including the clutch action (like most diesel cars). Overall, the Dragon petrol is a much better choice for you. It is overall a smooth and driveable motor, with adequate power to move the Ecosport decently quickly.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 11:08   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
I am not sure , initally I was fine but at times I find I have to downshift and revv a bit to get things moving
I guess it’s the lower end of the engine that makes you feel that. I have an automatic and I thus never felt that. The engine feels more than adequate to me. I have even taken it to Pune from Mumbai, which is practically almost all uphill, with 4 well built people in the car and didn’t feel it getting strained. The dragon just pulls and pulls. I love that engine. For context, I am comparing it with the 1.6 and 1.2 petrols of Hyundai, and the ivtech that came in the 2009 city, which for me was also mated with the automatic cvt transmission.
bled_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:34   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled_soul View Post
I guess it’s the lower end of the engine that makes you feel that. I have an automatic and I thus never felt that.
Could be the extra gear on the cvt makes it more manageable sometimes it runs out of steam and you dont want to downshift and make things noisy and it feels underpowered
Old 16th March 2020, 14:38   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Could be the extra gear on the cvt makes it more manageable sometimes it runs out of steam and you dont want to downshift and make things noisy and it feels underpowered
Its a torque converter actually, which probably helps with the lower end as TCs are known to help with it; however, one thing to note is that I have never found the car or the engine feel noisy, which was a great surprise for me considering its a 3cyl engine. The noise insulation inside the cabin is pretty damn good. Again, comparing it to the i20 petrol, city cvt 2009, altis cvt 2014. The newer city manual feels a lot noisier than the ecosport, in my opinion.
bled_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 15:36   #1230
BHPian

Yesterday, armed with my damping sheets I went to a mechanic to damp all 5 doors of my Ecosport.
On opening one of the rear door, here's what we saw.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-door.jpg
Inside the rear door.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-door2.jpg
This plastic sheet is thick in itself and also has a thin damping sheet stuck to it. Also if you can notice to the left, there's a soft foam like pad stuck to the door.

And thin sheet of damping on the Trunk floor
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-trunk.jpg

This car is filled with non rattling and damping stuff but only at some main places.

My question is if I apply more damping sheets on top of this, would it make difference?
iamahunter is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks