Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2020, 21:29   #1291
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
Here are some attachments which was sent to me regarding the advantages of renewing the insurance by Ford preferred insurance vs other insurance.
This seems to be a total marketing gimmick to sway customers to buy overpriced insurance. They must have compared with the worst insurance available outside. I remember taking Ford preferred Zero dep insurance on first year having 2 zero dep claim limit and later moved to HDFC ergo with 5 zero dep claims at 50% cost. So all these policy conditions are dependent on the provider and not specific to Ford. I noticed for many people 5-10K is loose change, so these policies are meant to suit them more. I am still on non Ford Zero dep policy on 6th year and had no issues making claims over the course of my ownership.
Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 11:10   #1292
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I am considering putting the money down on a Pre-owned | July 2018 Ecosport 1.5 TiVCT Petrol | MT | TITANIUM | ODO 10,000 km | 3rd Yr Extended Warranty till 2021 for my brother who need a car that'll run 10-15 K km per year.

I have a few queries which the members here can help with:
  • Brother is 6'3" which effectively makes it a 3 seater when he's driving. Do tall people find any issues with the space available in the car?
  • Any chances of updating the Fly-audio system to run Android Auto or Apple Carplay?
  • There were a few rattly-creaky sounds from the A/B pillars during the test drive. Any of you faced the same?
  • How effective is the Air Con in an Ecosport since there are no rear vents?
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 19:07   #1293
BHPian

Let me answer some of your queries:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Any chances of updating the Fly-audio system to run Android Auto or Apple Carplay?
Some YouTube videos/tutorials have come up recently in which few EcoSport owners tried to hack into their FlyAudio system to install a third-party application which enables Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (using dongle/adapter). But after going through these videos, I feel that they are not worth it since it involves opening up of the top panel to access the SD card slot of the FlyAudio system and the whole process itself is tricky. You may even lose your Warranty by doing so. So I wouldn't recommend it. The FlyAudio system itself is quite decent with all the basic features and for GMaps, you can always use your phone attached to a phone holder.
Also there is another expensive option where you can replace the whole infotainment system with an advanced system like HyperSonic where you will get all the required features and it even has support for steering mounted controls. But again this will void your warranty, so I wouldn't recommend it within your warranty period.

Quote:
There were a few rattly-creaky sounds from the A/B pillars during the test drive. Any of you faced the same?
The EcoSport is a car which is well put-together like VAG cars, so there shouldn't be much rattle from anywhere. The only thing that may rattle overtime is the boot door which can be fixed by the FASS. You should get the car evaluated by FASS, they will be able to locate and solve the rattling issue.

Quote:
How effective is the Air Con in an Ecosport since there are no rear vents?
The compressor on EcoSport is a powerful one, it takes less time to cool generally. But it may take a little while if the car was parked under hot sun for a long time and the black interior doesn't help much either. For the front occupants, the cooling will be fantastic but for the rear occupants you may have to adjust the vent direction and blower speed to get optimal cooling when the car is hot from inside.

Last edited by Funny : 22nd May 2020 at 19:17.
Funny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:08   #1294
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies.

Based on the following factors I have decided that Titanium suits us better than the Titanium+.
  • replacement 16" tyres cost less and ride better
  • fewer Auto (Headlamp/Wiper/mirror/tpms) functions mean lesser things breaking in the long run (10 yrs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Some YouTube videos/tutorials have come up recently in which few EcoSport owners tried to hack into their FlyAudio system to install a third-party application which enables Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (using dongle/adapter).
Does Fly-audio come with the center speaker in the dashboard like sync? And is the sound quality different in sync? Just for the sake of knowing.
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:25   #1295
BHPian

Quote:

Does Fly-audio come with the center speaker in the dashboard like sync? And is the sound quality different in sync? Just for the sake of knowing.
Fly Audio got a small storage space in the dashboard where sync got the center speaker grill (That grill is just a dummy one as the brochure says only four speakers). I felt the sound quality more or less the same but the reverse camera display is slightly better in the sync one.

Fly Audio
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20200502_170622.jpg

Sync
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20200502_162631.jpg
northstar* is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:57   #1296
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Thanks for the picture demonstrating the additional utility gained on missing out on the speaker.
Old 3rd June 2020, 10:53   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
I am considering putting the money down on a Pre-owned | July 2018 Ecosport 1.5 TiVCT Petrol | MT | TITANIUM | ODO 10,000 km | 3rd Yr Extended Warranty till 2021 for my brother who need a car that'll run 10-15 K km per year.

I have a few queries which the members here can help with:
  • Brother is 6'3" which effectively makes it a 3 seater when he's driving. Do tall people find any issues with the space available in the car?
  • Any chances of updating the Fly-audio system to run Android Auto or Apple Carplay?
  • There were a few rattly-creaky sounds from the A/B pillars during the test drive. Any of you faced the same?
  • How effective is the Air Con in an Ecosport since there are no rear vents?

Seating wise even with a 6' 3" person, 4 people can be seated. I've tried this in my car and it works. If possible look for a March/April 2018 make EcoSport so that you'll have sync 3 as well. AC is very effective in EcoSport and diesel variant comes with a double compressor for the AC I heard. As someone mentioned earlier, only the boot door will rattle and for that an insulation tape and a wd40 spray on the hinges will do the trick.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 21:12   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
only the boot door will rattle and for that an insulation tape and a wd40 spray on the hinges will do the trick.
Where do we put the insulation tape? I had this issue and was rectified during service.
Old 3rd June 2020, 21:25   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Where do we put the insulation tape? I had this issue and was rectified during service.
On the lock hinge attached to the body. I've marked the portion for reference. Can be done for all doors.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-images.jpg
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:02   #1300
Senior - BHPian

I recently purchased a pre owned, 12.5K kilometer run Ecosport S diesel. While I am impressed with most things, I am facing certain issues with a few aspects of the SYNC 3 system. Please state if you know any remedies.
  • Mobile Apps- I don't know why the apps on my Android phone never open or even appear in the app list when connected via bluetooth. My father was able to save the GLYMPSE app when he paired his phone using bluetooth. However, we still aren't able to even see many of the apps that are supposed to be compatible with SYNC 3, such as, SPOTIFY, WAZE, HUNGAMA Drive, Inshorts and Pparke. All I get on clicking on the mobile apps button is "No Apps found". I have enabled running applications via bluetooth through the settings.
  • Android Auto- Perhaps the most important app, i.e. Google Maps doesn't mirror on the screen. All I get is a black screen, with a exit button to come out of AA. The google maps does open on our mobile phones through AA, but somehow it does not replicate on the screen.

I hope I am missing something, as I least expected the issues in SYNC 3, considering it's supposed to be best touchscreens at this price point.

Please note-
  • This is our first car with a touchscreen infotainment system.
  • Our mobile phone's are REDMI Note 5 Pro and 7 Pro (before you ask, yes these will be the last chinese phone's in the family!)
  • SYNC is in version 3. I had read on this thread that the latest version is SYNC 3.4.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-mobile-app-not-found.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-mobile-app.jpg  

07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 21:41   #1301
BHPian

The boot of My 3 month old ecosport had been changed after it met with an accident. Whenever the car goes down a ramp or at uneven roads at very slow speeds there is a noise as if someone just knocked on plastic coming from the boot. What could it be?
Old 7th July 2020, 22:44   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
  • Mobile Apps- I don't know why the apps on my Android phone never open or even appear in the app list when connected via bluetooth. My father was able to save the GLYMPSE app when he paired his phone using bluetooth. However, we still aren't able to even see many of the apps that are supposed to be compatible with SYNC 3, such as, SPOTIFY, WAZE, HUNGAMA Drive, Inshorts and Pparke. All I get on clicking on the mobile apps button is "No Apps found". I have enabled running applications via bluetooth through the settings.
Are you connecting your phone with USB or are you just trying with bluetooth? I don't think Android Auto works wirelessly with Sync 3.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th August 2020 at 11:23. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 8th July 2020, 07:34   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Are you connecting your phone with USB or are you just trying with bluetooth? I don't think Android Auto works wirelessly with Sync 3.
Connecting with USB. It's working fine now. There was some issue with the earlier USB cable.

Btw there is no car currently on sale atleast in India that has a wireless android connection ! Not atleast on this side of 30 lakh bracket!
Old 10th July 2020, 10:05   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Ford has updated the Titanium and Titanium+ variants with the better instrument cluster of the Titanium S. Welcome move!

The current instrument cluster was an eye sore!
Attachment 1848949

Instrument cluster of Titanium S with better MID and chrome rings
Attachment 1848947

Updated brochure
Attachment 1848948
Is there a way by which we can swap the instrument cluster without chrome rings to the one with chrome rings on facelift model?
I've a Titanium Plus 2018 facelift but it comes with old MID which is small(ish) so just wanted to know if there is a way I'm which it can be swapped with the new MID with chrome rings and colour display through FASS?? Kindly let us know! Thanks in Advance!
Old 10th July 2020, 20:12   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
Is there a way by which we can swap the instrument cluster without chrome rings to the one with chrome rings on facelift model?
AFAIK, it is possible but it will set you back by around 20K or so. You can contact your Ford dealer to find out the exact cost. IMO it's not worth it at that price just for the chrome ring dials and that slightly bigger MID.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks