Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2019, 23:45   #976
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
What's interesting (and probably not at all surprising) is that the dealers don't have a clue. I'm eager to know what you find in the car allocated to you. We're all rooting for you, hope you get Sync3. Please do not forget to let us know how it goes.
My dealer told me that the 2019 1.5L AT remains essentially unchanged from the 2018 version except for the price reduction. He says he’s certain about it, but he hasn’t seen one in person yet. So this should mean that the various features including the Sync3 is available in the 2019 ones. That also means no ‘fun’-roof.

Also, the dealer said that the 2018 vehicles are being given at good discounts (from the updated prices). If your dealer has one in stock, you could negotiate a handsome deal and drove one home quicker than you think with a wallet not so empty!
Old 27th June 2019, 08:10   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
My dealer told me that the 2019 1.5L AT remains essentially unchanged from the 2018 version except for the price reduction. He says he’s certain about it, but he hasn’t seen one in person yet. So this should mean that the various features including the Sync3 is available in the 2019 ones. That also means no ‘fun’-roof.
Check out this post. It's confirmed that the 2019 Titanium+ AT doesn't have Sync3. Also corroborated by the latest brochure on Ford's website.

Quote:
Also, the dealer said that the 2018 vehicles are being given at good discounts (from the updated prices). If your dealer has one in stock, you could negotiate a handsome deal and drove one home quicker than you think with a wallet not so empty!
Well I read online one can bag a discount of almost 1.25 lacs on 2018 models left in the stockyard. But I am a little wary of these units and I'm not very good at doing a confident PDI. I don't think I can figure out if the cars have been used by disconnecting the speedo and not sure what else would've happened under the hood. But I guess I'll call the dealer and see.
Old 27th June 2019, 10:30   #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
This is courtesy Mr. Kiran Anil from Facebook Ecosquads group. He downgraded his Titanium Plus wheels from 17" to 16" . He took the TPMS sensors from the 17" wheels, purchased new valves and screwed in TPMS. That worked fine. You can consult with Ford service centre and try it out.

Attachment 1887926

Attachment 1887927
Thanks FrodoOfTheShire for taking the effort.
I have now recovered the 4 TMPS sensors from the original wheels and will go to Ford service to get it fitted with a new valve.

Will post here of the progress.
For reference, I have attached the pic of the TPMS that I found in the wheel.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-unnamed.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th June 2019 at 21:44. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
vijaynvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 14:14   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Check out this post. It's confirmed that the 2019 Titanium+ AT doesn't have Sync3.
What a bummer! With the connected car tech moving forward, this is really a mindless move by Ford. Sync3 is the best interface in this segment and Ford should have made it their USP rather than making it exclusive to the S trim (which sells very less).

Quote:
Well I read online one can bag a discount of almost 1.25 lacs on 2018 models left in the stockyard...
Grabbing the discount makes more sense now than ever. Look at the VIN and make sure it’s not too old, take a friendly and trustworthy mechanic if required to help you with the PDI and check for usage. And if satisfied, I would suggest you to take it with the discount! That would be the best decision you would’ve made.

It shouldn’t be a problem if the vehicle is less than 6 months old.

Refer to this post (ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date) for help.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 21:17   #980

Quote:
What a bummer!
JSP Ford SA in Bangalore told me last weekend that Titanium+ AT has not changed and all features are still there. Better, you call the dealer in your city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaynvr View Post
Will post here of the progress.
For reference, I have attached the pic of the TPMS that I found in the wheel.
Update: Ford service station said the following -
- TPMS doesn't fit with the 16" valve
- 16" valve with TPMS integrated costs 2100Rs (+GST)
- 16" valve without TPMS costs even more - 2500Rs!!!

Seems, going via official ford service route, it will be pretty expensive to get the TPMS onboard!
Any other low cost solution would be welcome!
Thanks.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th June 2019 at 21:44. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 28th June 2019, 09:15   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaynvr View Post
JSP Ford SA in Bangalore told me last weekend that Titanium+ AT has not changed and all features are still there. Better, you call the dealer in your city.
Not true. We have our fellow BHPian who had ordered a 2019 Titanium+ AT, and when he went to the stockyard to check out the car about to be allocated to him, he figured out the car doesn't have sync3 and is now probably going to cancel. Check this post. (Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant)
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 11:13   #982
BHPian

Quote:

Hello saisrujan, I’ve read your initial ownership experience of your Ecosport Ecoboost and since you’ve been having it for a long time, can you please share your thoughts on the following?

1. Reliability and performance of the engine
2. Drivability problems you’ve encountered in the long run
3. Reason for upgrading now

It’s only been a week since I got my ES Ecoboost delivered, and anything I should be aware of in the long run would be really helpful.

TIA
Old 29th June 2019, 18:29   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
You can definitely buy 3+4+5 together. The Ford website itself has these details along with the pricing.

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/

For a new Ecosport diesel it is INR 21,300 for a 5 year warranty. When I bought my car, 3rd year extended warranty came free as corporate discount. I paid the difference of ~INR 10k and now have a 5 year warranty.
Today i had to go for a minor job ( Horn replacement ) for my New Ecosport which is 18 months old, so went to Metro Ford Lingarajapuram, Bangalore. They suggested to top up the extended warranty to 5th year, since I already purchased upto 4th year EW when i bought the car. Now since it is within the company warranty period I paid Rs. 16,200 (amount exactly matches with what is mentioned in Ford website) for 5th year Extended Warranty.

-Ravi
Old 30th June 2019, 08:14   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Hello saisrujan, I’ve read your initial ownership experience of your Ecosport Ecoboost...
Congratulations on your new beast! Here's wishing you a safe and enjoyable time with this gem of an engine.

Quote:
...and since you’ve been having it for a long time, can you please share your thoughts on the following?

1. Reliability and performance of the engine
The engine is very reliable. The only problem I've recently had with the engine is that I am getting a little bit of grating sound when the turbo is spooling up. I showed it to the SA when I went in for service. The SA couldn't figure out what's causing the issue. He thinks it's the turbo unit but in order to figure it out, he asked me to leave the car in the service center for a couple of days which I couldn't do, The SA said that the issue shouldn't get worse. It doesn't affect power delivery / drivability, so I'm thinking it's because of some loose nut somewhere.

Quote:
2. Drivability problems you’ve encountered in the long run
The turbo lag has always been a bit of annoyance for me right from day 1. The driving characteristic of the engine hasn't changed one bit in the last 6 years.

Quote:
3. Reason for upgrading now
I've moved houses and traffic has increased. Commuting to work is getting tiring on the MT. Turbo-lag doesn't really help in stop-and-go traffic conditions. I have to drive on half-clutch more often than not to avoid engine-stall. I get so tired driving in traffic that I sometimes chicken out and call an uber!

Also, I've been in the US for a while and I was driving a Honda HR-V with paddle shifters . ATs creep so well in stop-and-go traffic that i feel it's a no-brainer going for AT if your commute is through chaotic traffic. That's when I decided my next car will be an AT, and a sub-4m SUV.

Quote:
It’s only been a week since I got my ES Ecoboost delivered, and anything I should be aware of in the long run would be really helpful.
My preference to consider Ford Ecosport again is an indication of what I think about this car... but Ford snubbed me by yanking Sync3. So, my journey with Ford will come to an end sometime soon.

Last edited by saisrujan : 30th June 2019 at 08:22.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 18:25   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new beast! Here's wishing you a safe and enjoyable time with this gem of an engine.
Thank you so much! I’ve fallen in love with it already.

Quote:
The engine is very reliable. The only problem I've recently had with the engine is that I am getting a little bit of grating sound when the turbo is spooling up...
Ah, I hope it gets fixed soon. Pleas keep me posted on what the issue actually is!

Quote:
The turbo lag has always been a bit of annoyance for me right from day 1. The driving characteristic of the engine hasn't changed one bit in the last 6 years.
As strange as it might sound, that’s comforting to know! I’m getting used to the turbo lag slowly, but steadily.

Quote:
I've moved houses and traffic has increased. Commuting to work is getting tiring on the MT. Turbo-lag doesn't really help in stop-and-go traffic conditions...
Understood. At low speeds, it basically is just a 1L engine working to push at least 1.3 tonnes of load without the help of a turbocharger. It’s frustrating watching others rev up and take our place in stop-and-go traffic when the turbo hasn’t kicked in. I can always slip the clutch and catch up, but I’m being gentle on the new engine for now.

Quote:
My preference to consider Ford Ecosport again is an indication of what I think about this car... but Ford snubbed me by yanking Sync3. So, my journey with Ford will come to an end sometime soon.
Yeah. Ford is yielding to the market pressure and making immature decisions here. What’s more annoying is that nobody at the dealership have a clear idea as to what features the car will have until it actually arrives at the stockyard! It’s clear what we customers are asking for, how can Ford not hear us out!
Old 30th June 2019, 21:34   #986
BHPian

After going through all the comments I find that all the 3 models of Ecosport viz 1.5L Petrol, 1,5L Diesel and 1.0L Ecoboost have their own set of advantage (and disadvantage). I am about to book one ES in another 7 days time. Am little bit confused which model will be most suitable for 70-30 city/highway drive with a max of 1000 km monthly drive. Price or FE are not constraints. I found the diesel titanium a good choice. But, not sure about 2 things-how it will behave in congested city drive in Pune and how good will be pick up/power in highways. AT is not my favorite. Could not get a clear cut idea even after spending lot of time with demo car of the dealer.
purnendubagchi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 15:29   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
Am little bit confused which model will be most suitable for 70-30 city/highway drive with a max of 1000 km monthly drive. Price or FE are not constraints. I found the diesel titanium a good choice. But, not sure about 2 things-how it will behave in congested city drive in Pune and how good will be pick up/power in highways. AT is not my favorite. Could not get a clear cut idea even after spending lot of time with demo car of the dealer.
If you made of your mind already for diesel titanium, go for it. TDCi Engine from Ford is tried and tested, and the best among all the engine options available from Ford at present. I am enjoying mine EocSport (TDCi T+) in the well known traffic of Bangalore and on highway trips, since last 21 months. Trust me you will never feel disappointed with this machine.
nkumarblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 13:57   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Not true. We have our fellow BHPian who had ordered a 2019 Titanium+ AT, and when he went to the stockyard to check out the car about to be allocated to him, he figured out the car doesn't have sync3 and is now probably going to cancel.
Titanium + AT comes with sync 3 and cruise control. This has been notified by Ford and I had enquired about this in PPS Ford MG road yesterday.
Old 4th July 2019, 16:31   #989
BHPian

We have various people saying various things now. I placed a call to Ford Customer Care last week and I was told that the new Ecosport AT remains unchanged, including SYNC3.

But as mentioned by saisrujan, we have had one of the BHPians visit the yard and verify that the new AT variant does not come with SYNC3(source).

It's frustrating that Ford is doing away with SYNC3 at this age where cars are getting smarter. But what's more frustrating is that none of the people(dealer SA and Ford customer care included) has a clarity of the features included/excluded!
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 19:21   #990
BHPian

Quote:
I placed a call to Ford Customer Care last week and I was told that the new Ecosport AT remains unchanged, including SYNC3.
All fine, except brochure (since a week) still shows a blank under Titanium+ against Sync 3. We cannot expect customer care people to keep an up-to-date information about features. Not when they frequently do these lotteries.

Saner manufacturers would have clarified the situation by now and stand by it, this way or that. Seems Ford wants prospective EcoSport buyers to experience a roller coaster ride before joining the queue.

New EcoSport AT customers need to swallow the fact that their cars most likely may not have a Sync 3 system. Unfortunately it can't be confirmed till they go and check the car personally. I am sure this confusion will anger and frustrate customers who have already booked a piece looking at old feature set. If they cancel the booking, it will result in orphaned stock for the dealers, who then have to somehow get rid of it at huge discounts.

Last edited by strawhat : 4th July 2019 at 19:43.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks