Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 11:21   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Of all my test drives, I felt hyundai/Kia DCT gearbox quite good and should keep most of the intermediate enthusiasts happen with a smile while doing those quick overtakes on the highways. And for the rest of the population the creature comforts will do the needful.
Thanks for your input. I was driving the car in comfort mode. Out of curiosity which cars did you test drive?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th September 2020 at 11:26. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 24th September 2020, 13:58   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
Thanks for your input. I was driving the car in comfort mode. Out of curiosity which cars did you test drive?
Apart from the new creta, I did the test drive for the petrol versions for Old gen Creta, Seltos, Compass DDCT, Honda City, Verna and Octavia 1.8
Out of all, the Octy was the best in terms of performance and would rate the Verna petrol AT the worst(Even honda city was better though it comes with a CVT).
Compass was quite lazy during the initial pickup but responds quite good in the mid range. But since I had already tasted the fun of driving the DSG and the Hyundai/Kia DCT, I went ahead and booked the creta 1.4 SX(O) 1.4 DCT version and waiting for the delivery day.
Hope it helps..!!
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 21:23   #93
BHPian

2 questions on interiors:

1. The seat trim on the Turbo is much nicer than the one in the SXO-AT-Petrol/Diesel. Has anyone been able to convince Hyundai to swap the seats when buying?

2. On their website, Hyundai gives 2 INTERIOR options - Moss Gray and Obsidian Black. The SE was clueless about these options. Anyone have a photo of what these options look like inside the car?
PS: These options show up if you choose the White or Black SXO--AT-Petrol. https://clicktobuy.hyundai.co.in/#/customer/configure
Old 24th September 2020, 23:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone heard about a price hike from October for the Creta? The 15-18weeks waiting period is now getting annoying. Expected price bump is roughly 20-30k which means even the base model will be jumping the tax slab in Karnataka. :/
Old 26th September 2020, 15:03   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Has anyone heard about a price hike from October for the Creta? The 15-18weeks waiting period is now getting annoying. Expected price bump is roughly 20-30k which means even the base model will be jumping the tax slab in Karnataka. :/
I was just informed by the dealer of a price hike between 10-14k from October 1st. The variant I was looking for [ SX IVT ] is apparently readily available in White and Black across all dealerships in my city. All other colors have a waiting of around 4 weeks apparently. I can understand, Karnataka has always been notorious with its taxes.
Old 26th September 2020, 18:25   #96

I enquired a couple of Hyundai dealers in bangalore for 1.5Mt petrol. But they don't have the TD vehicle available with this powertrain. Online reviews mention it as an underpowered engine and lethargic to throttle changes. I have driven the prev gen creta petrol engine but found and would rate its performance as average.
Has anyone taken the test drive of this engine?
Old 27th September 2020, 20:54   #97
BHPian

I really can't seem to wait any longer for the delivery of my Phantom Black 1.4 DCT SX (O). The dealer's saying that it'll be another couple of weeks though. In the meantime, I have found another pursuit to keep myself engaged - protecting and preserving my upcoming new car.

I've posted this on the 'Tips for maintaining a black car' thread too, but haven't got any inputs so putting it out here again for your opinion.

I will be parking the car outside, and will not be using a car cover. I won't wash the car at home and will only get it professionally cleaned once in a fortnight (or more). My office parking area is prone to monkeys and commute is mostly on good roads within NCR. Traffic signals around my home are full of beggars who regularly wipe/bang/knock on the car windows/windshield/bonnet.

What do you think is the most advisable option to protect my upcoming Creta?

1. Full Body PPF wrap - Cost seems to range from Rs. 60,000 for non-self healing 'homebrand' PPF to around Rs. 1.25 Lakh for Garware PPF with a 5 year warranty and to Rs. 1.6 Lakh for XPEL Ultimate with a 10 year warranty. Wondering if it's justified keeping in mind the Creta's price. Also worried about replacement cost if any denting work is to be done.

2. PPF + Ceramic Coating - Seems more cost effective than Option 1 but I'm confused on where to get PPF and where to get ceramic coating. Keeping in mind the Creta's shape and risks (monkeys, beggars, other cars/bikes squeezing by in a narrow lane, grazing sides and bumpers on pillars/footpath), what do you suggest? Wondering if the car finish will look weird with both PPF and Ceramic coating?

3. Full Ceramic coating - Will definitely help with the 'I'm not cleaning the car myself at home' and against bird droppings while keeping a black car looking awesome but wondering if I'm going to regret not getting any PPF at all as getting a PPF over a Ceramic later might not be possible.

4. Nothing - Don't get any Ceramic coating or PPF and just detail/wax the car on a reasonable schedule. Repaint in case of any dents or major damage. Wondering if the cost of this option would lower than all the above three options over a span of 10 years? Also will it give the same factory finish?

Really looking forward to your opinion as this dilemma has me up all night.
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 00:52   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
I've posted this on the 'Tips for maintaining a black car' thread too, but haven't got any inputs so putting it out here again for your opinion.
I also own Phantom Black 1.4 DCT SX(O) – just 3 weeks old. Let me share my thoughts:

a. PPF – when I bought my Honda City five years back, I went ahead and did 3M PPF on bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper, boot etc. (almost full body). In a year, somehow a two wheeler pedals dragged out the front bumper (no fault of mine). The clip, which used to hold the bumper got broken and the service center said the whole bumper has to be replaced. Though I argued with them to check whether the clips can be fixed, but they said it was not possible. The bumper was replaced with a new one under insurance claim, but the PPF was gone. For rear bumper also there were dark lines showing up due to scratches (PPF was not self healing), hence I have to remove it in three years. So I decided that repainting (if required) in a good service shop is far better than these PPF/Coating.

b. Ceramic Coating – will not prevent scratching, only PPF can do it to some extent. The coating might protect the paint surface from bird droppings, etc. and keep the shine. But the cost quoted was too high (to me personally)

Presently I decided to do only 3M paint sealant for my Creta which will protect it for about six months and planning to do waxing and detailing regularly. Please note, I have a covered car parking and also a person (with some knowledge on car cleaning) to dust the car daily with Jopasu duster and clean it with a waterless wash liquid weekly always using microfiber cloth.
AshBabu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 09:52   #99
BHPian

One weird piece of information I got from a birdie. Take it for what it is worth. Creta is not selling as well as Hyundai would have liked. The reason could be Covid-19, the reason could be anything else as well. Whatever the reason, stocks are lying unused with the dealers (though not to an alarming level yet). Hyundai thinks it is only short-term and hence has asked dealers to keep up the appearance of success. Dealers have been advised not to give an inch to customers in negotiations and to quote waiting periods. However, do not be surprised if you get the delivery sooner than promised and do not be surprised if you see too many Cretas in the stock yards of the dealer.
ashlil is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 10:04   #100
BHPian

Hey guys, just took delivery of my Blue Beauty(1.5 SX(O) IVT). I have a couple of doubts that I hope present owners can clear. I have inquired about the same with the dealership salesperson, but haven't received a satisfactory answer.

1. Does the third button on the key(the one showing an opened boot and 'HOLD') not open the boot? It is only unlocking it for me, requiring the button to still be pressed to open it afterwards.

2. Is there any easy way to open just the sunroof cover, without opening the sunroof at all? I keep having to juggle with pushing the button back and forth to get what I want.

3. What is the safe RPM range that the vehicle has to be driven in for the first 1000 km(the settling-in period, or whatever it is called)?

Thanks a lot, in advance!
Old 28th September 2020, 12:07   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
1. Does the third button on the key(the one showing an opened boot and 'HOLD') not open the boot? It is only unlocking it for me, requiring the button to still be pressed to open it afterwards.

2. Is there any easy way to open just the sunroof cover, without opening the sunroof at all? I keep having to juggle with pushing the button back and forth to get what I want.

3. What is the safe RPM range that the vehicle has to be driven in for the first 1000 km(the settling-in period, or whatever it is called)?

Thanks a lot, in advance!
1. Keep the boot button pressed and the indicators will flash. This means, the boot can be opened by anyone while the doors will be closed.

2. No sun roof on my car so am clueless .

3. Try to keep it within 2500 but no problem in occasionally taking beyond it. Avoid hard acceleration. There are many articles suggesting you what to do during run-in period.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 12:58   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
I also own Phantom Black 1.4 DCT SX(O)
While I don't have a covered parking or cleaning schedule, it is the same fear of having to replace an expensive protection (be it PPF or Ceramic coating) which costs between 5% to 10% of the car's cost that scares me.

Considering that options like a branded good PPF cost between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh, does it make cost-saving for a car below Rs. 50 Lakhs when compared to just repainting it?
Old 28th September 2020, 13:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post

A gentle tap should do it. The sunroof button opens in 2 stages, the 1st stage opens the sunroof cover only.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 13:42   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
I also own Phantom Black 1.4 DCT SX(O) – just 3 weeks old. Let me share my thoughts:

Presently I decided to do only 3M paint sealant for my Creta which will protect it for about six months and planning to do waxing and detailing regularly. Please note, I have a covered car parking and also a person (with some knowledge on car cleaning) to dust the car daily with Jopasu duster and clean it with a waterless wash liquid weekly always using microfiber cloth.
Hi AshBabu, Congrats on your purchase. Wish you happy miles. I've booked SX variant and exploring options to protect the looks & feel of new car. May I know the cost for paint sealant that 3M charges and if any discounts are available. Just curious to know your thoughts about going for paint sealant and additionally PPF for bumper corners and door edges.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th September 2020, 13:45   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Considering that options like a branded good PPF cost between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh, does it make cost-saving for a car below Rs. 50 Lakhs when compared to just repainting it?
That is my point. We have professional paint shops (reference can be found within this forum) which can restore your car to normal, if you require one, within a fraction of the cost you spend on PPF/Ceramic coating.

But also maintain your car with a regular waxing /detailing schedule, which would be sufficient – my personal opinion

@adarsh.n - cost for 3M Paint Sealant Essential is about Rs. 6500/-

Last edited by AshBabu : 28th September 2020 at 13:52.
AshBabu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks