Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2020, 09:26   #166
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Yes, it is. Think of it like a windshield. Just like how the windshields are covered under insurance, so are the sunroofs.
Good to hear that, I thought it’s similar to airbags.

Back in 2014 when I purchased my car I asked about Airbags if deployed due to accident, I was told that will not be covered under Insurance. Customer will have to bear entire cost.

I thought it would be the same for Sunroof.
Old 10th October 2020, 11:19   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Good to hear that, I thought it’s similar to airbags.

Back in 2014 when I purchased my car I asked about Airbags if deployed due to accident, I was told that will not be covered under Insurance. Customer will have to bear entire cost.
Airbags too are covered under the insurance; however, since they come under the fiber / plastic / rubber parts category, they go under the flat depreciation of 50%.

But, incase of a NIL dep. premium, these parts too are covered in entirety. No depreciation whatsoever.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 13:59   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Creta has garnered 115,000 bookings since its launch in mid-March! Sales cross 5.2 lakh since 2015, which means that 1 Creta is sold every 5 minutes!
How is 1.15 lakh bookings or 5.2 lakh sales even a milestone? I get it when they say it's 1 lakh or 5 lakh! But if you've done 1 lakh, you're eventually going to go till 1,15,000! What kind of stupid announces an achievement like this!!

Though maybe the one who was supposed to announce this forgot to do his work on time so they had to look for a literal unnecessary announcement

Also, are we getting a 1.15 lakh bookings edition?? NO?? Then why a special announcement?? Hyundai management seems to be a little too desperate to seek attention
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 15:52   #169
BHPian

So I already own a Kia Seltos GTX+ Petrol DCT (top variant) which I really enjoy driving. In addition the overall feel of the cabin is also pretty good. Now, I am in need to replace my aging Ecosport and would like to know it going for the Creta is a good option.

I mean aren't they (Seltos & Creta) very similar cars in terms of driving, feel, tech, etc. ? I know the basic differences, like panoramic sunroof, paddle shifters, e-brake, and all are there, but what else?
Then comes the question, Petrol or Diesel ? Driving wise and maintenance wise is what I'm looking for, not as much the fuel economy.

Is there any other vehicle (ahem..Sonet) that I could consider ?

I would like to know what my fellow bhpians think about this dilemma that I am in and maybe share their experience with the car and maybe what they would do in this situation.

To be honest, I am just confused
Old 10th October 2020, 16:06   #170
Senior - BHPian

You havent specified what are your usage patterns for the Seltos and Ecosport.I guess the Seltos should be good enough to replace the Ecosport too. There isnt too much difference between the Seltos , Sonet or Ecosport on a day to day basis. Either go for a smaller car like Ignis to carry out city errands or go for a larger ,more capable car above 25 lac, making the Seltos your regular runabout.
Of course if it is just to buy another compact crossover, than you can go for a Creta. So you get the best of Korea in the household.
Old 10th October 2020, 16:40   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
You haven't specified what are your usage patterns for the Seltos and Ecosport. I guess the Seltos should be good enough to replace the Ecosport too. There isn't too much difference between the Seltos , Sonet or Ecosport on a day to day basis. Either go for a smaller car like Ignis to carry out city errands or go for a larger ,more capable car above 25 lac, making the Seltos your regular runabout.
Of course if it is just to buy another compact crossover, than you can go for a Creta. So you get the best of Korea in the household.
Well to elaborate, I got 3 cars in my household, 2 of which (Seltos and Ecosport) are used for daily running, (6 days) from home to office (around 50 kms to-and-fro).
Also, my office is in Noida and I live in Delhi, so if you are familiar, I take the Delhi-Meerut Expressway which is pretty much cruise control for me (love the 14 lanes!) My Seltos clocks about an average of around 13 km/l.

I am not looking for an expensive or large car, as I don't have too much car parking space in an around my workplace. Also, don't need to be singled out here and there, if you know what I mean.

Just need a good, smooth & comfortable daily running car (with premium features) that can also be used for small family outings sometime in the next year, (hopefully) after we are over this COVID-19 mess!
Old 10th October 2020, 17:46   #172
Senior - BHPian

I think an Ignis would do fine considering its utility as a fuel efficient small car equipped with decent kit like ACC, Infotainment system an optional AMT, LED lighting , ease of ingress/egress, good ground clearance and K12 engine reliability. You can take it to places in Delhi where you cant take even a Seltos sometimes.
Old 11th October 2020, 11:18   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
At some point in the near future, I intend to pick up the base variant with the diesel heart, the E variant to be precise. The value quotient is extremely high for a diesel engine in this segment.
Earlier I was confused between this and the EX Petrol variant which adds the all important ICE and steering mounted controls, but Hyundai just jacked the prices by around 70,000 which makes the base diesel variant a no-brainer for me.
Anyone whose bought this specific variant ? What are the mod capabilities for the interiors ?
If I were you I wouldn't wait for the near future. Jump on it rightaway because by January the E diesel will also breach the 10 lakh rupee mark as many EX owners switched to E diesel which now has a 5 month waiting period.
Old 11th October 2020, 12:35   #174
BHPian

Now I know looks are subjective but if a car like Creta can get 1 lac + booking in such a short time, either we are really short of choices here in India or it's just me! I have seen Creta in flesh on the road and it just never grows on me. Hyundai must be doing something right.

Last edited by dhruv45in : 11th October 2020 at 12:36. Reason: Typo
Old 11th October 2020, 13:16   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Now I know looks are subjective but if a car like Creta can get 1 lac + booking in such a short time, either we are really short of choices here in India or it's just me! I have seen Creta in flesh on the road and it just never grows on me. Hyundai must be doing something right.
I still remember the Nissan Sunny TV commercial around 5 years back marketing the length and the comfort of the car (read caaaaaaaaaaaar :P ) as an oomph factor. But things have changed with respect to public perception in recent times. Now, the Wow Factor for a car amongst the general population in India has now shifted from how long to how big is the car. It's pretty evident from the fact that the Venue and Sonet have successfully created a market frenzy which further solidifies the fact that people are ready to compromise on space and comfort for better ride height and muscular looks. With Seltos being the lone competitor coupled with the exceptional brand value that Creta has created over the years, Hyundai-Kia has beautifully leveraged the vacuum in the segment. Koreans certainly did the hardwork to capture the market sentiments and executed it on their product pretty perfectly.
Old 11th October 2020, 13:21   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Well to elaborate, I got 3 cars in my household, 2 of which (Seltos and Ecosport) are used for daily running, (6 days) from home to office (around 50 kms to-and-fro).
Also, my office is in Noida and I live in Delhi, so if you are familiar, I take the Delhi-Meerut Expressway which is pretty much cruise control for me (love the 14 lanes!) My Seltos clocks about an average of around 13 km/l.

I am not looking for an expensive or large car, as I don't have too much car parking space in an around my workplace. Also, don't need to be singled out here and there, if you know what I mean.

Just need a good, smooth & comfortable daily running car (with premium features) that can also be used for small family outings sometime in the next year, (hopefully) after we are over this COVID-19 mess!
IMHO, the new Kia Sonet Diesel GTX+ perfectly suits your requirement.

- I don’t know about your third car, but since you already own a thirsty 1.4L turbo DCT, a Diesel SC-SUV would be a good to have vehicle.

- A worthy replacement to your Ecosport in pretty much same form-factor. Since, you were comfortable with the size of the Ecosport, it should be the same with Sonet too.

- In the current stream of cars, south of 20L; the top of the line variant of the Sonet has majority of the premium features which one might want. It barely misses out on 2-3 features as compared to the Seltos / Creta, which aren’t much of a deal breaker IMO.

- Seltos & Creta aren’t to different per se, barring a few features & the ride & handling differences. Since you already own the Seltos, I don’t see much value in going in for the Creta. Not to forget, to get the premium features, you gotta opt for either the SX(O) or thr SX at best, which wont be anything less the 16L for the Petrol variant.

- You can opt for the Diesel manual, for that fun-to-drive factor of a proper Manual box since you already own a proper fast AT. Otherwise, Sonet Diesel AT would be my suggestion.

P. S.: If the 10-year Diesel car rule is of any concern, then probably you can look at the 1.0L GTX+ 7DCT. That too is an equally competent car; however, mileage will be a bit of a trade-off here.

P. P. S.: Leaving aside all of this, if you are not looking at another SC-SUV at all, then I would suggest to wait for the upcoming i20, which is rumoured to be here by the month end.

Good Luck!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 11th October 2020 at 13:25.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 17:34   #177
BHPian

Hi, has anyone set up a dashcam for their creta? If so, how did you go about hiding the wires? If this involves removing the cladding, etc, does that void warranty? Thanks in advance.
HK. Oby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 19:02   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I felt the same initially. But the more you look at it, the more quirky it appears, and after a while, quirky works. It’s actually a well proportioned car overall.
Its radical only in relation to the more agreeable Seltos. If the Ecosport can sell with its quirky front end, then the Creta can too.
Old 12th October 2020, 16:29   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Hi, has anyone set up a dashcam for their creta? If so, how did you go about hiding the wires? If this involves removing the cladding, etc, does that void warranty? Thanks in advance.
Looking for a solution to this too! Something which combines function of a front parking camera and a dash cam would be ideal
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 17:49   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Looking for a solution to this too! Something which combines function of a front parking camera and a dash cam would be ideal
Exactly! Despite the sitting position, front parking sensors are essential. It's a big miss for them to be absent, so I really something can be found.
HK. Oby is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks