Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2020, 08:26   #271

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Having read most of the comments on threads and the ownership reviews I see that most of the variants booked on Team-BHP have been SX and higher.

Given that Creta E is a VFM product and the amount of customization options it provides I thought would have seen more Creta E variants on the forum as well.

Is there some issue with the E variant that have been not touched upon?
E diesel seems to be a good option for someone thinking about Sonet/Venue mid variants.
There is a huge demand for IVT, especially in the city. So SX is the most popular variant from what I understand. You can't even test drive a E variant that easily. Couldn't find one to look at in the showroom either. They position SX and SXO very well.

The mechanics and engine specs are the same aross. So I wouldn't think E variant is poor in any way.
Old 8th November 2020, 14:02   #272
BHPian

Got the alloys swapped yesterday and it totally changed the stance n the looks of the car. What were hyundai folks thinking while giving those shoddy grey alloys to the turbo petrol variants
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20201025wa0007.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201107_170515.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201107_170509.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201107_170450.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 14:18   #273
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Got the alloys swapped yesterday and it totally changed the stance n the looks of the car. What were hyundai folks thinking while giving those shoddy grey alloys to the turbo petrol variants
Wow! This is a classic example of what a simple wheel change can do to the looks of your car. Your car looks great man!

Hyundai should seriously consider the Diamond cut alloys for the SX(O) turbo variant atleast. I presume the price difference between these & those crappy grey alloys wouldn’t be much.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 20:48   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Need a help on the TPMS issue. When I took the delivery, the Tyres were at 42-45 level. I got them deflated completely and got Nitrogen filled in with 33 PSI at the fuel station. The very next day TPMS started giving me low air pressure signal on the front right tyre. I tried using my portable inflator and got the level back to 33. Now the issue is that the TPMS still shows me a low pressure issue with 32 as the reading from that tyre.
Is there a way that it can be reset and brought back to normal or Anyone else faced this issue and can help me with a resolution?
I am facing a similar issue. Right from Day 1, after I deflated the showroom tyre pressure and reinflated with Nitrogen the TPMS reading on the front right tyre has been off. I got it reinflated a couple of days later and then forgot about it. Then it slipped below 29 and showed an alert a couple of days ago and I got it back to 32. Yesterday it had dropped to 30 and when I took it to a pump, the attendant showed me a a small screw poking into the tyre. He pulled it out, patched it up and refilled to 34. However this time the MID TPMS only showed 30. I asked him to recheck and ensure every tyre in the car is at 34 but the TPMS rating just didn't change beyond 30 and started showing a low pressure alert. I went to another pump and got it rechecked. Same story.

I drove from Delhi to Chandigarh. The TPMS changed from 32 to 34 but the low pressure warning never went away. Before starting back, I got pump in chandigarh to inflate everything to 34 with air. TPMS only showed 32 this time. On my drive back it changed to 34. The low pressure alert has been on all this while.

Is there anyway to reset the system or should I go straight to the Hyundai service center?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201108_195536.jpg  

iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 21:10   #275
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Is there anyway to reset the system or should I go straight to the Hyundai service center?
I don't think user reset feature is available. You'll need to take the car to Hyundai ASC and get it reset.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 21:21   #276
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing a similar issue.
FB group is flooded with similar complaints. Gathered from many discussions on FB group is that low-pressure warning will go off only at 35/36 psi.

Annoying to see low pressure alert when you're actually following what the manual says
deepakdograbhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 21:31   #277
BHPian

Quote:

I drove from Delhi to Chandigarh. The TPMS changed from 32 to 34 but the low pressure warning never went away. Before starting back, I got pump in chandigarh to inflate everything to 34 with air. TPMS only showed 32 this time. On my drive back it changed to 34. The low pressure alert has been on all this while.

Had the same issue which got resolved with the alloy swap activity. Now the tyres are inflated with normal air with 35 psi. I have not changed it to nitrogen for the time being and planning to get it done before the first service, so thag in case there is any issue with the tpms, it will be looked into during the service.
I guess u can wait till your first service and get it checked.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 23:42   #278
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Not sure if this will work a 100%, but just sharing as I happened to read this on a Kia Sonet WA group.

- Start the engine.
- Deflate the tires completely.
- Start filling normal air / nitrogen upto 40 psi.
- Wait for a min or two (probably the MID might not show any reading as the car isn't running).
- With the engine in running condition, reduce the pressure to recommended level i.e. 33 psi.
- Start driving.

Hope this works for you. If not, then the SC is your only help.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 00:51   #279
BHPian

Quote:
I asked him to recheck and ensure every tyre in the car is at 34 but the TPMS rating just didn't change beyond 30 and started showing a low pressure alert. I went to another pump and got it rechecked. Same story.
Adding my 2 cents here. Please ignore if it is something that you are already aware of or have verified.
There is cold and hot tyre pressure. Manufacturers always mention cold tyre pressure (the pressure that shows up in MID first time just after you start the drive on a cold tyre). Generally, by the time we reach a gas station, tyre pressure rises to 'hot' values which is arround 4psi higher than cold pressure from my experiences in Bangalore. At this time, fill in recommended tyre pressure + 4psi. And you would see the pressure in MID slowly rise as you drive and the tyre gets heated.
Creta lists 33/34 psi as recommended pressure. Fill in 37/38 from the pump.

If you have pressure guage at home, check the pressure once tyres are cold.

If you have filled 34 from pump, cold tyre pressure might be at 30 which is below the level suggested by Hyundai. Not sure what is the threshold for warning though, but I do remember seeing pressure arround 30 triggering warning in Seltos thread.

https://www.bridgestonetire.com/trea...-tire-pressure
srikanthmadhava is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 13:14   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I don't think user reset feature is available. You'll need to take the car to Hyundai ASC and get it reset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdograbhp View Post
Annoying to see low pressure alert when you're actually following what the manual says
Quote:
I guess u can wait till your first service and get it checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hope this works for you. If not, then the SC is your only help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Creta lists 33/34 psi as recommended pressure. Fill in 37/38 from the pump.
Update -

Went for my first service this morning at Safdarjung Hyundai. The service supervisor initially suggested re-filling nitrogen to 33 psi on all 4 tyres and driving for 1 KM at 30 KMPH. We did that but the MID still showed 31/32. They checked the tyre for leaks etc but found nothing.

Then another supervisor suggested filling nitrogen upto 35 psi. Voila! This time the MID showed the correct pressure. The low pressure warning disappeared at 35. Driving around for a bit has increased it to 36 psi.

The ride has got noticeably stiffer though and time will tell how the pressure holds up. Delhi has wide Max, Min temperature variations so I will be checking the readings to see if the tyre pressure changes much due to gas compression/expansion.

Overall, I feel the TPMS execution by Hyundai is glitched. No one should get a warning after filling the tyres at manufacturer recommended pressure (33). Why the TPMS readings seem to go off the mark at 33 psi is beyond me.

Wouldn't it be simpler if the car maker shipped new cars with the right tyre pressure to begin with? Why over inflate tyres scheduled for delivery anyway?
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 14:27   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update -

Wouldn't it be simpler if the car maker shipped new cars with the right tyre pressure to begin with? Why over inflate tyres scheduled for delivery anyway?
Because cars sit in the dealer yard/lot for a long time before delivery, and they dont want to bother with fixing tyre pressures before driving the car from the yard to the showroom. So most of the times, you will find cars with highly inflated tyre values.
Old 9th November 2020, 14:42   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Because cars sit in the dealer yard/lot for a long time before delivery, and they dont want to bother with fixing tyre pressures before driving the car from the yard to the showroom. So most of the times, you will find cars with highly inflated tyre values.
Yeah but will the tyre pressure change that much in the yard? Also why doesn't Hyundai (not sure about other manufacturers) make normalisation of tyre pressure to recommended pressure a part of delivery SOP?
Old 9th November 2020, 14:50   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah but will the tyre pressure change that much in the yard? Also why doesn't Hyundai (not sure about other manufacturers) make normalisation of tyre pressure to recommended pressure a part of delivery SOP?
Its not just Hyundai, most other brands would have this issue. The simplest answer to this would be that it's regarded as a fairly trivial issue at the dealer level. As long the engine/powertrain, electricals, infotainment work and there are no visible dents/scratches, the cars are good to go. Generally speaking, 90 % of the customers are more excited just at the sight of their sparking new car, and that's what they get at the time of delivery.
It is us forumers who fuss and worry about such detailed technicalities
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 15:54   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Its not just Hyundai, most other brands would have this issue. The simplest answer to this would be that it's regarded as a fairly trivial issue at the dealer level. As long the engine/powertrain, electricals, infotainment work and there are no visible dents/scratches, the cars are good to go. Generally speaking, 90 % of the customers are more excited just at the sight of their sparking new car, and that's what they get at the time of delivery.
It is us forumers who fuss and worry about such detailed technicalities
That's true but with TPMS becoming a key talking point for new cars, I hope manufacturers take note and ensure that this simple improvement is implemented. I am sure there are many first time car buyers who keep on driving on over inflated tyres and cursing the ride quality of the car.
Old 11th November 2020, 14:32   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Looks especially great on a Dual Tone variant with the black room and C pillar matching the black on the wheels.
I have a theory on why Hyundai equips SX (O) Turbo variants whith grey alloys.They had a tradition of offering the Turbo only with SX variant. That changed with the Creta, for everything else except the alloys. Maybe someone at Hyundai forgot to change grey SX alloys for the Turbo SX(O) due to this old habit?
I'm planning on getting mine (Phantom Black) painted black sometime down the line along with a black C pillar. Any other design suggestions are welcome!

I seem to have lost my Owner's Manual during the 1st service this Monday. Checked at the service center, everywhere in the car, bags, home etc. but can't seem to find it. Had kept it lying on the seat after service when I drove around office and chores. Might have knocked it our mistakenly

Any tips on the process for getting a replacement manual? I am more concerned about the free service entries and the warranty slip.

Last edited by iamitp : 11th November 2020 at 14:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks