Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 20:14   #1771
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

And there goes my ownership summary of 1 month. Saved me some effort here mate. Couldn't have agreed more with your assessment of car's performance thus far.

Just some 2 cents to add on to what you have summarised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
2yr, 12,000km ownership update (SXO IVT)

1. Excellent NVH and silent cabin, a friend commented it felt almost like sitting in an EV.

Dislikes:
2. Absence of front parking sensors/360 camera is felt quite often.
3. Minor rattles from sun-glass holder (felt-lining could solve this) and boot door
Anyone worried about so called "thin window glasses" in Creta, needs to seriously try it in real life. After reading all the concerns online about NVH through those so called thin window glasses, I too am pleasantly surprised with the ease with which it drowns all the traffic noise of Bangalore autos and taxis. To an extent that sometimes I have to be extra careful and rely more on my eyes when watching out for those that love overtaking from left (and specially after you have indicated that you are turning left).

I got the 360 camera installed at the time of delivery and boy is it a blessing. Worth every cent (touchwood) thus far.

Shouldn't say it, but glad that you brought up sun glass holder rattle. Don't mean to be rude, just that I face the same issue (in a month old car) and was wondering if it was just me. Switched to fiber frame glasses to avoid the annoying rattle.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 09:26   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
And there goes my ownership summary of 1 month. Saved me some effort here mate. Couldn't have agreed more with your assessment of car's performance thus far.

I got the 360 camera installed at the time of delivery and boy is it a blessing. Worth every cent (touchwood) thus far.

Shouldn't say it, but glad that you brought up sun glass holder rattle. Don't mean to be rude, just that I face the same issue (in a month old car) and was wondering if it was just me. Switched to fiber frame glasses to avoid the annoying rattle.
Thanks & apologies, please keep sharing.

Where did you get the 360 camera installed (dealership/outside), can you please let us know the model and cost.

I have been stuffing tissues in the sunglass holder as a jugaad, will come around to lining felt one day when i overcome my laziness.
Old 24th April 2023, 11:04   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Thanks & apologies, please keep sharing.

Where did you get the 360 camera installed (dealership/outside), can you please let us know the model and cost.
I got Advaith Hyundai (Bangalore - Outer Ring Road Dealer)'s accessories team to install the attached 360 camera prior to delivery. Costed me about 36k. This has recording and dynamic turn guidance functionality too. There is a cheaper version too at 32k (without recording and dynamic lane guidance).

But, please note couple of points:

1. This needs a remote (a small remote sensor is pasted next to steering column) and a USB cable (to connect a USB Drive for storing recordings - only USB 3.0 supported). The USB cable was extended into the glove box.

2. This also needs additional compatible cameras installed (even if your model has a rear one already fitted). Thus, I ended up now with 2 rear cameras.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20230320wa0004.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20230320wa0005.jpg  

HarshVShrotriya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 12:34   #1774
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post

Just some 2 cents to add on to what you have summarised.

Anyone worried about so called "thin window glasses" in Creta, needs to seriously try it in real life. After reading all the concerns online about NVH through those so called thin window glasses, I too am pleasantly surprised with the ease with which it drowns all the traffic noise of Bangalore autos and taxis. To an extent that sometimes I have to be extra careful and rely more on my eyes when watching out for those that love overtaking from left (and specially after you have indicated that you are turning left).

I heard the 360 camera will be laggy? is it not?
1) can you provide some pictures?
2) how much did it cost?
3) Is it hyundai genuine accessory?
4) does it come with front sensor as well?
Old 25th April 2023, 16:32   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_is_matic View Post
I heard the 360 camera will be laggy? is it not?
1) can you provide some pictures?
2) how much did it cost?
3) Is it hyundai genuine accessory?
4) does it come with front sensor as well?
Hey mate,

Laggy => Have not seen/felt any lags in my day to day use, morning or night. Just couple of days back was reviewing a recording from night time and was happy with the playback.
However, please note, the manufacturer has tried making this setup little too much jazzy. Which means, in certain scenarios (like immediately after left turn, you turn right) the camera tries to give you a view as if you are walking around the car, and thus, there may be 2-3 seconds delay in switches between perspectives.

Just to put this in right context, based on your turn indicator, the camera switches playback to the side you are turning towards.

Cost: As mentioned above, costed me 36k all inclusive.

Hyundai gyenuine accessor: No. This is not a genuine Hyundai Accessory, but as it has been sold and installed by Advaith Hyundai dealership itself, believe should be ok. But, please do check with your own dealership for any concerns.

Front Sensor: It has a front camera and also beeps when front comes too close to something. If that's what you mean to ask.

Picture time:

Img#1 Front camera in the grille. It's black color so camouflages well from a distance.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...443880&thumb=1
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-front_cam_20230425_150256.jpg

Img#2 Overall front view. Note the two blobs in ORVMs? Those are the side view cameras, next to puddle lamps.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...443881&thumb=1
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-side_cam_20230425_150332.jpg

Img#3 View from below of the ORVM camera setup next to puddle lamp.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-left_orvm_call_20230425_150413.jpg

Img # 4 The view from back. Notice two jolly good cameras giving each other company? . The one on right and more visible is the one linked to 360 camera. Don't ask me what the other one (original reverse camera) does now. When I will have the will to play more, will see how we can shunt out one.
I understand they needed the second reverse camera for the dynamic guide lanes to work properly with the camera display.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-back_20230425_150458.jpg

Img #5 a close up view of two friends(or foes, don't know which).

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-back_20230425_150503.jpg

Img #6 the red sore, (errr I mean remote sensor) near the steering wheel. Don't read too much into my whining, for first couple of days I did not even realise it was there. Only realised when I was bending to locate something else. Noone sitting in the car has made any wise jokes either about this. So, should be treated as discrete enough. Plus, it's easy to move and stick somewhere more discrete, if you need.

You need this basically when you really need to use the remote to play around with the camera views or, view past recordings. I have only used the remote couple of times (to test the setup).

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-remote_sensor_20230425_150538.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-remote_sensor_20230425_150542.jpg

The USB cable stretched into the glove box. Like I said, there are some restrictions around the compatible USB drives - you need a USB 3.0 version, with 32 to 64 GB size ONLY. Don't know why but accessory team was so serious about this USB specification, that for a moment I was worried if a wrong type will kill the car!

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-usb_cable_20230425_150632.jpg

And, here's how it all comes together to make sure that rude me does not hurt that poor yellow board vehicle, or that always shaking pillar in my car park.

No, my car is not white in color, nor looks that funky (some weird hybrid of BMW and Creta), as shown in the images. It's just the default car used to give you an impression that you are driving something expensive, so watch your 360 degrees carefully.

The image quality is better than it looks here. There are few things at play here: my bad hand with camera, my miserly way of not removing protective film from my HU (my daughter keeps haggling me about it).

Just to give you the perspetive: I did not find any difference/lags between the standard Creta reverse camera and this new setup.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screen_20230425_150916.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screen_20230425_150841.jpg

Hope this gives you enough information about the camera, please do let me know. Happy to share and learn!
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 19:51   #1776
BHPian

I never knew I needed/wanted the 360 Camera until i test drove some cars that had it. I got my SX(O) Automatic yesterday and i wished i had it when I came home into my crammed parking space. But i think I'm gonna hold for an year until the new Creta facelift with 360 camera comes and get all those Hyundai components installed to get the 360 camera system. Or may be from the Alcazar, that a few accessory guys on YouTube have shown to have been installed in a Creta.
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 15:25   #1777

Does the creta come with the piano black interiors now or is it just the pictures? Mine's the 2020 model and it is filled with cheap plastics all around the dash.
Honestly, I prefer the seltos' interior quality.
Old 30th April 2023, 22:54   #1778
BHPian

Hi everyone!
Got home the 1.5 petrol creta S+ Knight edition in black on the 28th of April. Very satisfied till now. The engine is super refined and silent and the ride is very good. Happy that I got 6 airbags, all four disk brakes and adjustable rear headrests. The family loves the sunroof🙂. As suggested by everyone on this forum, skipped the seatcovers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20230429_112406.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20230429_112325.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20230430wa0000.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20230430wa0004.jpg  

ankan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 08:01   #1779
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Creta N Line to join Creta facelift in India next year.

The Creta N Line will likely come with the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine.

Creta N Line will be based on the India-spec Creta facelift.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20230502073649_creta-n.jpg

Quote:
the Creta and Creta N Line go, we are told that both models will enter series production by early January next year and will go on sale by March 2024
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd May 2023 at 08:04.
Old 4th May 2023, 13:17   #1780
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
After that the infotainment screen is frozen
Any suggestions from members apart from visiting the ASC for the issue?
ASC did the replacement of the corrupt part in warranty. But they took 15 days for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Mostly it is a motherboard issue and will require a replacement .
Yes, the motherboard was replaced and took 2 hours to finish. They did a nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I sent the AVN to Delhi and got it repaired.
They demanded ₹7,500/- for the same.
NPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 13:47   #1781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
They demanded ₹7,500/- for the same.
Maybe because it's the new system and requires additional components/effort.. For me, I got it repaired for 5k including a new display panel.
Old 8th May 2023, 16:14   #1782
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan View Post
As suggested by everyone on this forum, skipped the seatcovers.
First of all congratulations for your new car. Black knight looks majestic compared to white any day.

What you mean by skipped seat covers? Are you planning to use the fabric one? I have white fabric seats, planning to upgrade to leather/semi leather ones. Not able to find any lead in Bengaluru.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th March 2024 at 22:04. Reason: Poorly typed post.
car_is_matic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 06:15   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
i have white facbric seats, planning to upgrade to leather/semi leather ones, not able to find any lead in bengaluru.
Hey mate,

Have you looked at options on Mobis? These can be fitted via authorised Hyundai dealers like Advaith and Trident. Will be safe to use but, expensive to purchase.

https://hyundaimobisin.com/products/...ries/new-creta
Old 10th May 2023, 08:12   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First of all congratulations for your new car. black knight looks majestic compared to white any day.
what you mean by skipped seat covers? are you planning to use the fabric one? i have white facbric seats, planning to upgrade to leather/semi leather ones, not able to find any lead in bengaluru.
You can refer to this thread for seat covers
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...galore-16.html (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore))
Old 10th May 2023, 18:41   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my BIL is buying Creta SX black shade in Hyderabad. Can owners from Hyderabad suggest good place for under body and ceramic coating shop and contact details if available.
I could not find any specific Creta thread in Hyderabad accessories so posting it here, mods shift to its thread if exists as I could not find one.
Also share is dealer asked for SOT package for 25K for 5 years, is it worth, and also should go ahead with extended warranty as well.
His annual running would be around 10-12K.

Last edited by vijaythacker : 10th May 2023 at 18:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks