Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2023, 20:07   #1906
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
I have been reading news from various sources and per most of them facelift creta is expected to be announced around Jan 24 with production from Feb 24. What's the probability that this is close to being true based on any prior experiences?

I have already booked SX(O) IVT with delivery around Sept end to Mid Oct. Family now wants to wait for few months if the facelift version is coming as they don't want to regret buying the old one just before the new version is released as this car will be kept for few years. As of now we have a car that we can manage for some time.
Well I was under the same dilemma about 2 months back and i just went ahead with my gut feeling and now happily driving SX(O) IVT through super bad Bangalore traffic without any regrets.

Now waiting for Facelift is the 'obvious' choice as you get the latest product offering. But that being said - what exactly are you waiting for?? (This question, per me, should help you in making a decision)

If you want a powerful engine + DCT combo, you need to wait. Period.

If you are happy with NA and IVT, then do you need ADAS? Because ADAS is the only thing missing in Creta today which you will get in the facelift. (We can argue on 360 camera factory fitting vs after sales service/dealership fitting but you always have the option today). The adventure edition mentions dash cam so may be 360 and dashcam but again facelift, specially top end, will get a steep hike for On-the-Road price. Many in the market are waiting, so you might even need to compromise on the choice of color.

If you do not like the looks, then well my guess is you would not have booked the car in first place. I for one never liked the exterior but it grew on me with time. Interiors were never a problem.

So if neither ADAS (and it's related features) nor 1.5 Turbo is the need, I really do not see the need to wait. This is how i went ahead.

Another point: Car Market in India has become like Mobile market, you will wait till Jan'24, get your car in April'24 and the car maker will announce a special edition in July-August'24. Case in point: I took delivery in April 2023 and now Adventure edition is launched which has inbuilt dashcam for example. I need to pay extra after market. The same holds true for every car in the market. You have knight edition for Venue, you have matte edition for Taigun, and the list continues...!!
abhinav1817 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 20:59   #1907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
Well I was under the same dilemma about 2 months back and i just went ahead with my gut feeling and now happily driving SX(O) IVT through super bad Bangalore traffic without any regrets.
I had the same dilemma and when ahead with the booking even though we didn't like the exterior much but family after seeing the probable facelift looks and features said we could wait as we already have an suv that we can manage for few months to an year.

For me, 360 cam was required and was prepared for after market but now this facelift comes with that. ADAS is something new but then our family is kind of adopters of new technology when it comes to mobile or other things so looing forward to try that. Also, hope they improved safety with the facelift.

As for engine we are looking for Petrol SX(O) with IVT. Not really inclined towards DCT. We are noot so enthusiatic drivers here. Hope they will still have the SX(O) IVT version in the facelift.

Price hike is expected but then we decided to go with latest model as this is something that will be with us for at least next 5-7 years or more. Just don't want to regret that we could have got latest model with few months wait.

Thanks though for trying to explain the details.
carguy2021 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 14:29   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to share my positive experience with HP Premium petrol. I have SX IVT model and have been feeling that the engine is running a bit coarse. Switched to HP premium petrol and it made a significant difference. Engine drives much more smoother than before. Did a highway drive from BLR - Tirupati and was quite happy with the performance. Not sure if it is to do with ethanol blending or octane rating vs regular petrol but definitely going to stick to premium petrol going forward. It felt worth paying the premium.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 08:23   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
Till now in about ~150 kms (all Bangalore) has been good.
Will post a detailed driving experience of how me and IVT handle!
My friend is planning the same model and wanted to know about IVT fuel efficiency. Can you please provide some feedback? Since you are in Bangalore I believe its thoroughly tested in traffic conditions.
Old 20th September 2023, 15:21   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
My friend is planning the same model and wanted to know about IVT fuel efficiency. Can you please provide some feedback? Since you are in Bangalore I believe its thoroughly tested in traffic conditions.
In advance, 'My bad here.!'

I have been traveling a lot for work since last 3-4 months and hence I was not able to drive as much as I wanted to. Have touched just 1500 kms which only has 2 airport drives and rest all is core whitefield traffic. But here are the statistics as of today:

Had received the car with about 38 kms done with Avg efficiency showing as 6.6 during delivery.
After roughly adding 1450 kms in the total, the current Avg Efficiency for complete 1500kms now reads 10.1

With family we keep windows and roof open, but normally all my office solo drives are with AC only. Depending on Kms, i usually get between 9 pointish to 11 pointish range. The airport drives i touched 17 but it was around 16 point something when drive ended.

During First servicing, the service manager asked me to go for a weekend long drive to get better results and see the difference, as the engine is still very fresh due to low run.

Now this is all normal petrol and stock tyres. I have read reviews people get better mileage when using premium variants of petrol or at times with even better tyre profiles. Plus all what i mentioned is from Car's digital cluster and I have not done a tank to tank yet.

So sorry if this is not a great answer or an answer which helps your friend, right away , but I have few trips lined up in the coming festive months, and I will update back both on mileage and driving experience.

Cheers!
abhinav1817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 16:10   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
My IVT gives a mileage of 10-11 if driven within Bangalore traffic conditions.

During highway runs I get around 14-15 if driven in 100-110 kmph range. When I keep a light foot and speed in the 80-90 range, mileage goes up to 16+.

All these figures are using tankful method and full time AC ON.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 23rd September 2023 at 16:16.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 21:40   #1912
BHPian

Guys

Booked Creta SX O IVT Adventure Edition (Khakhi Green )with Sharyu Hyundai, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai on 11.09.2023. The dealership is confident of delivery before first week of October.
They are saying that if opted for Dual Tone, the waiting period will be more where as ST will be delivered soon.

Is it so? Any ideas on this comment?
Old 24th September 2023, 11:25   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimalvittaladas View Post
Guys

Booked Creta SX O IVT Adventure Edition (Khakhi Green )with Sharyu Hyundai, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai on 11.09.2023. The dealership is confident of delivery before first week of October.
They are saying that if opted for Dual Tone, the waiting period will be more where as ST will be delivered soon.

Is it so? Any ideas on this comment?
Congratulations. Hope you have negotiated for some discounts/freebies considering the facelift is due in 2-3 months.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 12:13   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Congratulations. Hope you have negotiated for some discounts/freebies considering the facelift is due in 2-3 months.
I doubt that there are discount offered on the Creta IVT(O) model which is one of the bestsellers. There is virtually no competition (even closest competitor Seltos does not offer top end IVT model). Unless there is official announcement from Hyundai about facelift, no dealer would accept news about the launch timing.

Given the festival season approaching, I guess the promise of faster and timely delivery on a particular auspicious day itself could be like an offer for many customers. The SA would definitely push this point to customers looking for discounts.

Having said that, no harm in trying one's luck for discount on ex-showroom price But I won't count on it.

Best one can try is to bargain on insurance since dealer quotes are highly inflated. One can easily save 20-30k in the process (buy on your own from outside or ask dealer to match the quote).
Accessories could be other area to bargain and customer should buy what he or she wants rather than going for dealer's recommended accessories pack (many items are quite unnecessary and over priced).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th September 2023 at 12:41.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 12:33   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I tried my best, only to understand that even corporate discount is not applicable on Creta. Finalised it eyes closed as I found ut to be a complete package for comfortable driving experience. Family also happy on the variant.

Khakhi Green was a decision taken after seriously considering Black. We had a Phantom Black MT SX 2020. So thought of considering Green this time.
vimalvittaladas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 12:51   #1916
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I doubt that there are discount offered on the Creta IVT(O) model which is one of the bestsellers. There is virtually no competition (even closest competitor Seltos does not offer top end IVT model). Unless there is official announcement from Hyundai about facelift, no dealer would accept news about the launch timing. .
I guess you haven't been up to too much negotiating, if there is more than one dealer in your area, there is competition and dealers are more than willing to offer discounts,

case and point:
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta-quote-discounts.jpg
This is a quote I received from a dealer in Kerala after a bit of negotiation.
bijims is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 12:59   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I guess you haven't been up to too much negotiating, if there is more than one dealer in your area, there is competition and dealers are more than willing to offer discounts,

case and point:
Attachment 2507670
Thanks for sharing. I must salute to this dealer as couple of items in the price list caught my attention
1. Fastag is mentioend as Rs. 200 whereas standard rate dealers charge is 500.
2. Accessories mentioned at 5000 whereas dealers in Bangalore would include another pack worth 25000 and make it mandatory.

Also, there is further scope to negotiate on insurance as 75000+ dealer quote looks quite high vs the market rate (with same add ons). May be the discount mentioned include the insurance discount as well.

Dealers in Bangalore are quite arrogant and don't budge or negotiate much. It's like a take it or leave it deal as they know the waiting list is always there

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th September 2023 at 13:06.
Old 24th September 2023, 13:17   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Thanks for sharing. I must salute to this dealer as couple of items in the price list caught my attention
1. Fastag is mentioend as Rs. 200 whereas standard rate dealers charge is 500.
2. Accessories mentioned at 5000 whereas dealers in Bangalore would include another pack worth 25000 and make it mandatory.

Also, there is further scope to negotiate on insurance as 75000+ dealer quote looks quite high vs the market rate (with same add ons). May be the discount mentioned include the insurance discount as well.

Dealers in Bangalore are quite arrogant and don't budge or negotiate much. It's like a take it or leave it deal as they know the waiting list is always there
Not sure when was the last time you went to negotiate for Creta. I checked with two dealers in South Bangalore who were willing to provide freebies for the SX(O) in the last week. I guess this is because Hyundai's sales are gradually going down and the are trying to make up with the upcoming festive season. One of the dealers even mentioned he can 'talk to his seniors' for additional discount if I show him the cheque for booking amount.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 13:28   #1919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure when was the last time you went to negotiate for Creta. I checked with two dealers in South Bangalore who were willing to provide freebies for the SX(O) in the last week. I guess this is because Hyundai's sales are gradually going down and the are trying to make up with the upcoming festive season. One of the dealers even mentioned he can 'talk to his seniors' for additional discount if I show him the cheque for booking amount.
That's heartening that things are improving My experience is from last year. By the way, what is the discount offered? As I said earlier, negotiation on the insurance itself is worth 20-30k which I was able to get when the Creta waiting list was running in 6-8 months. Are the dealers offering additional discounts these days ?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th September 2023 at 13:31.
Old 5th October 2023, 15:55   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Attachment 2507670
Hi,
Can you please PM the dealer name? 75K consumer discount seems to be too good to be true for Creta.

Thanks,
Praveen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks