Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 12:33   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post

I have a Hyundai Venue 1.2 SX Petrol MT in the family. We are a family of 4 proper adults and our running is low. Yet There's an itch of buying a diesel as we dont know if the diesel engines might get discontinued.
Have shortlisted the Creta SX 1.5 Diesel but I have a couple of questions.
Also should I go for Diesel since my running is low? Does it cause problems if the car is kept idle for days?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Diesel may not be the ideal choice considering the emerging scenario around automotive fuels.

Suggestion- if you are thinking about Creta, go for the Alcazar, it has the powerful 160bhp turbo petrol engine, and a more flexible boot space besides more useful features like 360 deg camera etc. It will be also a better upgrade over the Venue.
Petrol vs Diesel debate is endless but can be easily sorted if one goes with head instead of heart. You know your running is low and also the fact that you managed with petrol Venue all this while. Given these facts, the Diesel itch may not be real
BS-6 diesel engines have potential DPF issues, specially for low running, so please take the plunge only if you are sure about the pros and cons. Don't give in to our favorite quote "Kitna Deti Hai".

Alcazar is a worthy upgrade but if your concern is fuel bill and you don't care about extra third row space then it may not work for you given that you will have to stretch your budget by significant amount.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th June 2023 at 12:36.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 20:51   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
1) Real life mileage of Creta diesel ( AT) is about 20+ on highways and at least 13kmpl in city conditions.
2) Diesel may not be the ideal choice considering the emerging scenario around automotive fuels.
3) Head light throw of the LEDs is strictly average.
Suggestion- if you are thinking about Creta, go for the Alcazar, it has the powerful 160bhp turbo petrol engine, and a more flexible boot space besides more useful features like 360 deg camera etc. It will be also a better upgrade over the Venue.
Thank you for the inputs.
I am a fan of Manual so all ATs go out of picture. Secondly, Alcazar is too big for my parking spot and my budget has also been stretched a lot. Creta SX 1.5 Diesel MT is 20 Lacs on road in Mumbai. Plus being driven 80% in city, Turbo petrol efficiency will be less.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 07:48   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
Thank you for the inputs.
I am a fan of Manual so all ATs go out of picture. Secondly, Alcazar is too big for my parking spot and my budget has also been stretched a lot. Creta SX 1.5 Diesel MT is 20 Lacs on road in Mumbai. Plus being driven 80% in city, Turbo petrol efficiency will be less.
If your car is 80% driven within Mumbai, an AT makes all the more sense. The 6 speed torque convertor AT is a great gearbox, the engine-gearbox combo is a match made in heaven as far as the CRDI 1.5 goes. You wont miss manual transmission at all, it has enough poke to get you through the city traffic grind, overtake through the gaps and yet retain a decent fuel economy. Even out on the highway, you wont miss a manual. The AT also has a Sport mode plus paddle shifters if you want some manual fun. But your choice ultimately.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 22:00   #1819
BHPian

Air Purifier Switching On Randomly

For last few weeks (probably after getting the latest software update), the in-built air purifier in my 2021 Creta keeps switching on at random times. I have tried changing the child lock settings and mode settings but i cannot replicate the issue. I have also tried to physically press different areas on the handrest surface to check if it is getting switched on because of my elbow. It turns on atleast once in every trip at unpredictable times.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you resolve it?

Also, there are frequent warnings on low battery remaining in the key. I have tried using both the keys and changed the battery in one of them but still getting this message. It appears on switching the engine off after driving. What could be the cause of this? Can keeping the key inside the car during a full day of driving drain the key battery?

Last edited by Totoro11 : 20th June 2023 at 22:05. Reason: Added detail
Totoro11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 23:50   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post

Also, there are frequent warnings on low battery remaining in the key. I have tried using both the keys and changed the battery in one of them but still getting this message. It appears on switching the engine off after driving. What could be the cause of this? Can keeping the key inside the car during a full day of driving drain the key battery?
Are you still facing low battery warning after changing the battery? It's not clear from your message (you said only one remote battery was changed). Battery needs replacement after a year or so usage so if you haven't done that then that'd be my advice.
Old 21st June 2023, 12:42   #1821
BHPian

I have had my key battery running fine past 2.5 years with almost 5 days of usage a week. Maybe get it checked from the SA over a call. I think if the key fob is inside the car, the doors would not lock.
Anandg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 16:48   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Are you still facing low battery warning after changing the battery? It's not clear from your message (you said only one remote battery was changed). Battery needs replacement after a year or so usage so if you haven't done that then that'd be my advice.
The key that i have been using as primary for the last 2 years showed this error 2 months back. The battery was replaced with a fresh Panasonic CR2032 cell and it worked fine for 1.5 months. When it again started showing low battery warning, i switched to using the unused 2nd key to check where was the problem. Within a week of usage with 2nd key, the error re-appeared.

Despite the warnings, the keys are working fine. The car gets locked-unlocked from the usual distance and presence of key within the car is detected properly leading me to wonder if the fault lies elsewhere.
However, I dont want to take chances and get stranded with a non-functional key.

There's another thread on team-bhp where folks mentioned that the long duration battery used by service centers is different from the normal fifty rupee Panasonic ones, maybe that could have been the reason. I am thinking of trying another battery replacement in case the 1st replacement cell was faulty/duplicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
I have had my key battery running fine past 2.5 years with almost 5 days of usage a week. Maybe get it checked from the SA over a call. I think if the key fob is inside the car, the doors would not lock.
In my previous hyundai car, the keys lasted for 10 years! Yes the doors won't lock if the key is inside the car (which means the constant communication with the locking system would drain some amount of battery throughout the day on long drives?)

ps: I believe Toyota has a battery saving mode on the key fob for Innova/ Hycross, would be keen to explore if Hyundai had it as well
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 15:51   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
The key that i have been using as primary for the last 2 years showed this error 2 months back. The battery was replaced with a fresh Panasonic CR2032 cell and it worked fine for 1.5 months. When it again started showing low battery warning, i switched to using the unused 2nd key to check where was the problem. Within a week of usage with 2nd key, the error re-appeared.
I've had the same issue on my 2 year old Creta, the issue lies with cheaper 2032 batteries available in Electrical Shops. Since then I've shifted to Duracell Specialty 2023 batteries which are specifically designed for Key Fobs and Medical devices and have not had any issues ( so far, fingers crossed).

When I tried to use the spare key with an unbranded new 2032, it refused to work. I thought it was broken, however when I changed the battery to a branded one, it started working again. I suggest you to buy a good branded 2023 cell and test with a Multimeter ( if you have access to one).

I've used Hyundai and Tata before and the frequency of battery change was once in 2 or may be 3 years.

Hope this helps resolve the battery issue.
rajiv.kulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 19:37   #1824
BHPian

Has anyone tried or thought of fixing the 3 point seatbelt for 2nd row middle passenger in models which have lap belt? Mine is 2022 make and I’m interested to make this change. Called Hyundai customer care and they redirected me to service centre and SC guys are clueless. Any thoughts on this one, people?
Old 25th June 2023, 01:56   #1825
BHPian

Dear all,

I’ve been on a road trip in the western ghats and a couple of days ago we noticed some water that’s getting accumulated on the floor mat. The water droplets seem to be falling on the top right section of the passenger floor mat and trickle down to collect in the footwell. Attaching the photos (please excuse the dirty floor mat).

On both the occasions, the air con was continuously used during the drive. When we first noticed this, it wasn’t raining (the photos with the clean(er) mat) and today it was raining (dirtier mat). So I’m guessing it may not be the rain water. Also, please note that the first drive was a longer one that today’s (maybe that’s why we can see more water from those pics?)

Has anyone got an idea on what could this be? The car’s service is due next week and I’ll be getting this checked with Hyundai. Just wanted to check with you folks if anyone has any information on this.

Mine is a diesel automatic Creta from June 2021, with 29k kms on the odometer.

Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-ab02b9dd04854489ba54cad518ead6cb.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-0cc480331d7e4b3085da825a247be780.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-29bc7c45515f4af4af7c28880dbe3469.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-7c26a31417b643a380a165aba4aa46b7.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-aff480b201ed467e80ea11e1569f4746.jpeg  

Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:38   #1826
BHPian

Need some advice: Have booked a Creta from Modi Hyundai Santacruz (W) & paid 25k as the sales guy promised quick delivery - as some customer canceled booking so white color is in stock and we were ok with white.

Now he says their cars are stocked 3 hours away in Kasara so I should make the payment first (we are not availing any car loan this time) and they'll get registration done and bring the car here.

Am a little cagey to see the car & do some basic PDI before making payment since I have read a lot of horror stories here that if you get stuck with a lemon then replacement or refund is out of the question and they will only repair it or give extended warranty in best case.

They are ok for me to go to Kasara and see the car in their stock yard.

Do I need to go 3 hours to kasara or is it ok to do the payment without PDI ?

Since this specific car was not taken by some customer who cancelled his booking, I am apprehensive it may be because of some issue they saw during pdi.

Or is it advisable to use this type of PDI service - https://zekardo.com
instead of taking leave and going to kasara ?
Old 26th June 2023, 15:08   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabhr View Post
Need some advice: Have booked a Creta from Modi Hyundai Santacruz (W) & paid 25k as the sales guy promised quick delivery - as some customer canceled booking so white color is in stock and we were ok with white.

Now he says their cars are stocked 3 hours away in Kasara so I should make the payment first (we are not availing any car loan this time) and they'll get registration done and bring the car here.

Am a little cagey to see the car & do some basic PDI before making payment since I have read a lot of horror stories here that if you get stuck with a lemon then replacement or refund is out of the question and they will only repair it or give extended warranty in best case.

They are ok for me to go to Kasara and see the car in their stock yard.

Do I need to go 3 hours to kasara or is it ok to do the payment without PDI ?

Since this specific car was not taken by some customer who cancelled his booking, I am apprehensive it may be because of some issue they saw during pdi.

Or is it advisable to use this type of PDI service - https://zekardo.com
instead of taking leave and going to kasara ?
It is a tough call to pay full amount upfront and get the car registered without any chance of PDI. I can't say about Mumbai but dealers in Bangalore use the same tactics, knowing well that no s/w engineer would like to leave work and venture out in horrible traffic for PDI

Jokes apart, if you can't spare time for PDI then at least take couple of actions. Ask for video/pics of the car to assess the condition. Also ask for chassis (VIN) number (in writing/email) for the month of manufacturing and to ensure that you get the same car delivered. You can ask them to hold registration till you are able to see the car in person at their showroom after making the payment excluding RTO charges. You can hold the registration amount till that time and pay remaining amount so that they can bring the car to showroom for you to see. Only once you give a green signal, you should pay remaining amount and they should initiate RTO paper work.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th June 2023 at 15:36.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 09:18   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's another thread on team-bhp where folks mentioned that the long duration battery used by service centers is different from the normal fifty rupee Panasonic ones, maybe that could have been the reason. I am thinking of trying another battery replacement in case the 1st replacement cell was faulty/duplicate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv.kulkarni View Post
I've had the same issue on my 2 year old Creta, the issue lies with cheaper 2032 batteries available in Electrical Shops.
On friend's 2018 Creta, key fob battery had to be changed within 1.5 years. Had a tough time starting engine in spite of holding key fob next to Start/Stop button.
Upon checking with my trusted watch repair shop, he said last year saw many fakes in our market and they had trouble sourcing authentic batteries. Hopefully, current battery lasts longer similar to other brands.

Quote:
Since then I've shifted to Duracell Specialty 2023 batteries which are specifically designed for Key Fobs and Medical devices and have not had any issues.
I am keeping Duracell as a standby. Surprisingly, Panasonic CR2032 was 3 times expensive than Duracell.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 00:42   #1829

Hi, I need a little help with my wife's Creta. its a 2017 model with a 1.6 petrol engine with an automatic transmission.

Twice in the last 2 years the battery has just given out and had to be replaced in an emergency on the road.

The first instance was when my then 3 year old tapped the engine start stop button while wife was driving and the car just stopped in the middle of the road and refused to start.

The second time was recently in may while the driver tried to move the car to the parking area after dropping us at an event. Had to leave the festivities to attend to the battery guy. Not entirely sure if this is normal life of a battery in this car. Asking this as my Cruze battery usually lasts around 3 years.

The car also gives me a mileage of approx 6 kmpl. Is that normal?
I am not bothered about the cost but the fact that there might be something wrong with the car.

Could you please help me get an idea on what I need to check?
Old 30th June 2023, 07:34   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad View Post
Hi, I need a little help with my wife's Creta. its a 2017 model with a 1.6 petrol engine with an automatic transmission.

Twice in the last 2 years the battery has just given out and had to be replaced in an emergency on the road.

The car also gives me a mileage of approx 6 kmpl. Is that normal?
I am not bothered about the cost but the fact that there might be something wrong with the car.

Could you please help me get an idea on what I need to check?
There's definitely something wrong with the battery. Battery in a petrol car should easily last 4-5 years. Check if it's still under warranty. And which brand is it? If it's Exide, I wouldnt be surprised as I had similar issues on my Swift. Since then, I have been using Amaron and it's been great. My last battery lasted 5 years on a diesel car which is pretty impressive.

As for the mileage, Hyundai AT's are known for their poor mileage figures, but 6kmpl is pretty low. Our Alcazar 2.0 petrol AT gave 6-7kmpl initially but after getting the service done (changing filters, engine oil), it averages around 10kmpl.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks