Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 11:40   #1846
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Same noise from my Alcazar 1.5 DCT delivered on 18th June 2023. Did a round trip from Delhi to Lansdown. Could hear a loud noise once the car went through a pothole. Checked the alloys and tyres for any visible damage, found none.

Even the noise from the center console is getting louder and irritating.

What is Hyundai R&D team up to? The center console noise should have been fixed with the 2023 model.

Will connect with Nimbus Noida this weekend to get this sorted out.
This is definitely a common issue on the new Creta. Another Creta in our family had the same noise. Here’s how we got it fixed:

The pair of rubber on each side of the boot (pictures attached) were changed and it finally solved the noise. Before this a lot of trial and error methods were used by HASS, including applying tape on the metal part which connects with the boot, which did not do any good. Now the ride is almost silent on the uneven roads and minor potholes.

Regarding that highly irritating creaking noise from the center console, which plagues the Creta and Alcazar, we got it reduced to almost 10% by applying some foam on the console internal locks. This has greatly reduced the noise.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1871.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_0224.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_0223.jpeg  

Col Mehta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 14:27   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Here’s how we got it fixed:

The pair of rubber on each side of the boot (pictures attached) were changed and it finally solved the noise.
Now that's a relief. Thank you for sharing the solution, Sir.

Will try getting these rubbers from the Service folks this weekend.
funkydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 17:34   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Now that's a relief. Thank you for sharing the solution, Sir.

Will try getting these rubbers from the Service folks this weekend.
You’re welcome!

Forgot to mention earlier - You might want to note though that the fix didn’t resolve the issue immediately. I think it took about a week/10 days before the new pair of rubber settled in and started showing positive results. It’s been more than 6 months since then and it’s all good now.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 18:49   #1849
BHPian

Friends, I have weird issue with my left ORVM, it goes out of the desired settings every now and then. Earlier I was thinking that it might be my son's deed when he sits on the driver side and pretend to drive and do all the stuff that I do while driving (Well that's a story for some other time, funny one though )
But when I adjust it back and drove for office I could see that it went misaligned again after a few mins. Surprisingly only the Left ORVM has this issue. Planning to visit the service center to get this checked in a few day's time, but wanted to check if anyone else facing this issue?
Old 8th July 2023, 09:26   #1850
BHPian

Hi!
I have been using the Creta E Diesel since October-2020. Here are your answers -
1. In these many days, I have had to REGEN DPF Warnings, thrice. In my case it seems normal.
2. I have installed Steering Mounted Controls and it is working fine. But I had to change the Cheap Chinese Head Unit to Blaupunkt, because the Cheap Chinese Head Unit was not responding to Commands of the Steering Mounted Control.
Old 10th July 2023, 16:55   #1851
BHPian

Check the gap between the number plate and the car body. That also makes a bit of noise as i recently discovered and fixed it by using foam tape.
Old 16th July 2023, 08:10   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Dear all,

I’ve been on a road trip in the western ghats and a couple of days ago we noticed some water that’s getting accumulated on the floor mat. The water droplets seem to be falling on the top right section of the passenger floor mat and trickle down to collect in the footwell. Attaching the photos (please excuse the dirty floor mat).

On both the occasions, the air con was continuously used during the drive. When we first noticed this, it wasn’t raining (the photos with the clean(er) mat) and today it was raining (dirtier mat). So I’m guessing it may not be the rain water. Also, please note that the first drive was a longer one that today’s (maybe that’s why we can see more water from those pics?)

Has anyone got an idea on what could this be? The car’s service is due next week and I’ll be getting this checked with Hyundai. Just wanted to check with you folks if anyone has any information on this.

Mine is a diesel automatic Creta from June 2021, with 29k kms on the odometer.

Thank you!!
Hi Mr. Desai,

I'm not sure but most of the times it is because of a choked air conditioning outlet pipe. The exact same thing happened with my parents' vehicle as well. When the outlet gets choked, then water starts dripping inside from below the dashboard.

I could be wrong in your case though. Encountered something exactly same hence thought of sharing my 2 cents.
Somu2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 10:16   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
Hi Mr. Desai,

I'm not sure but most of the times it is because of a choked air conditioning outlet pipe.
Thank you so much for the response! This was exactly the reason why it was leaking from the dashboard! Gave the vehicle for service two days ago and they cleared the block from the outlet pipe. All is well now.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 16:06   #1854
BANNED

2024 Creta facelift spotted.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-crt05cc1024x576.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-crt04cc1024x576.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-crt03cc1024x576.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-crt02cc1024x576.jpg

Source
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 11:31   #1855

It’s Been 1 month with the 1.5 SX MT Polar White Car ! We named her Snowy !

Buying experience :

Took test drive of Seltos ( Pre face lifted version ) , Astor , Grand Vitara , Breeza & Creta .
Since my 2013 Vento is still serving me well and my father’s drive is a Taigun , We kept the VAG twins out of the list . Requirement was a spacious car for and comfortable daily drive to office and occasional out station trips .
Astor was outrightly rejected for the sluggish drive !Seltos was good but Creta’s cushiony ride , Airy Cabin and time tested service network puts it ahead of Seltos . Grand Vitara interior felt like a let down for a 18-20 Lakh car . Also Panoramic Sunroof Cover is a joke ! Breeza with the same engine is a much better car and surprisingly the rear seat of the breeza is better than Grand Vitara ! Breeza was ruled out because of high waiting time . So Creta it is !
Enquired with three dealers and pitted them against each other and extracted a nice deal :
1) Cash Discount :35 K ( May manufactured stock car )
2) Insurance : Quote match with Policybazar
3) FOC : Car Cover , Mud flap , Floor mats , Door edge Guard , Coffee Mug 😂 .
4) 5 K discount on Seat Covers .

Opted for BH registration and total on road cost was 15.65 L in Thane .
Dealer tried to push PPF / Ceramic , Anti rust coating etc . Turned down the same politely .
Got delivery in an week since it was a stock car . Over experience with Modi Hyundai Thane is good no complaints so far . Well they did ask for PDI proactively .

So far the ODO is at 1367 KM . It has returned FE of 9.8KMPL in b2b Mumbai traffic . Majorly driven in city so far and one short highway drive .

1) Smooth engine and brilliant NVH level . Cabin is very silent and gives a plush ride experience .
2) Good ride quality in city due to softer suspension and light steering .
3) Crisp and easy to use infotainment cluster .
4) Voice command works seamlessly .

Dislikes :

1) No one touch up / Down.
2) Non illuminated windows and mirror controls .
3) No driver side grab Handle 😳.
4) Went for a short highway ride and felt power delivery is very linear .
5) Though it behaves maturely than the first gen Creta in the highway still it will not give you that confidence in high speed . Drove at 120 max and felt its not that floaty but steering feedback is not at par with VAG cars .

Its a happy cruiser in the highway and keep it below 100 KMPH for a relaxed drive .
SudipB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 18:25   #1856
BHPian

Anyone installed front parking sensors or 360 camera, please shed some light on this.

Planning to go for SX (O) IVT Petrol version but these seem to be missing. Can't wait for facelift version and don't want to go for Kia (facelift) as we already have a diesel one in use. Want to move over to petrol cars as usage on this will be low and limited to city only.
Alcazar is too big and out of question for our use.
Old 24th July 2023, 19:55   #1857
BHPian

Does Hyundai give any service packages for Creta? Similar to the ones KIA is offering currently for the Seltos(Convenience pack)?
Old 24th July 2023, 20:59   #1858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Anyone installed front parking sensors or 360 camera, please shed some light on this.

Planning to go for SX (O) IVT Petrol version but these seem to be missing. Can't wait for facelift version and don't want to go for Kia (facelift) as we already have a diesel one in use. Want to move over to petrol cars as usage on this will be low and limited to city only.
Alcazar is too big and out of question for our use.
I haven't installed it but dealer in Blr mentioned about 360 camera retrofit at the cost of ~35k. This was in 2021, not sure about latest price or availability.
Old 24th July 2023, 21:02   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I haven't installed it but dealer in Blr mentioned about 360 camera retrofit at the cost of ~35k. This was in 2021, not sure about latest price or availability.
Thank you, dealer quoted the same for me as well.
I was just thinking of front parking sensors for 1.5-2k.
carguy2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 07:26   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
As mentioned in my earlier post, got the 360 camera installed in my new Creta (March 2023) from Advaith Hyundai (local authorised Hyundai dealer in Bangalore). You have two options : one for 30k (without dynamic line guidance and recording) and second called "Pro" for 35k (which I chose, has dynamic guidance and recording).

Been working well since installation, no complaints thus far (touchwood).

Details can be found on dhcindia.com.

Disclaimer: while the ad and boxes say designed exclusively for Hyundai, my experience says these are generic cameras, so be careful and use the camera for guidance (don't blindly rely for actual distance from objects).
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20230320wa0004.jpg  

HarshVShrotriya is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks