Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:32   #346

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I have Creta Diesel Auto SX(O).

I'm facing an issue with the Auto Air Purifier. It turns on automatically when someone accidentally touches the armrest touch panel while resting arm even when it is in lock position. And mostly it randomly turns on automatically without any human intervention, (neither through touch panel or central infotainment).

At first I thought it turns on automatically when the AQI is above 100, but it is even turning on automatically when AQI is just 20-30. And then I have to turn it off through central infotainment system.

I find this very irritating as fan speed is high at times, and I don't want to use Air Purifier.

Just curious to know whether this is an inbuilt Air Purifier feature or some glitch with the air purifier functionality, or is there any other setting which I'm missing or not able to see.

And I just find the air purifier touch panel placement on the central armrest very inconvenient and irritating.
Old 23rd November 2020, 05:37   #347
Senior - BHPian

On the main screen, there are options for the air purifier and one of the options is “Auto”. You may want to change that.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:11   #348
BHPian

I'm looking forward to book the 1.5 L SX IVT. The SA is advising me to take the delivery of a 2021 manufactured Creta instead of a 2020 one. I'll get the 2020 one by last week of December and 2021 one by last week of January.
I'm sceptical about Hyundai being able to deliver the 2021 manufactured this early.
What would be the advantage of a 2021 manufactured car except resale value?
Also what would be the possible price hike if any? (I've already stretched my budget to its max)

Last edited by MadAxe : 23rd November 2020 at 11:15.
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:17   #349
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
I'm skeptical about Hyundai being able to deliver 2021 manufactured this early. What would be the advantage of a 2021 manufactured car except for resale value? Also, what would be the possible price hike if any?
No new features shall be added since the car is new and has just launched so 2020 or 2021 won't matter unless you are looking for resale value.

If you retain cars for a longer duration (Eg 7+ years), the year of manufacturing won't be of bother. Just ensure the month of manufacturing is as recent as possible.

A price hike could be possible i.e. from 1st Jan 2021 which is a normal routine by all manufacturers.
Old 23rd November 2020, 20:56   #350
BHPian

A couple of quick pointers

1. The Android auto wireless mode would be introduced after Android 11 is launched. Also, it has nothing to do with Creta as it's the AVN compatiblity. I am hoping it works wirelessly, however if it does not, it's still fine as it's just a matter of connecting a wire. I am fully dependent on my phone for music and I am sure most of us would go the streaming mode soon and USB based music is going to be obsolete in a year or two.

2. Once Android Auto is connected, the voice button on the steering activates 'Google Assistant' for me and not the bluelink. Not sure what I have done differently, but it has been like this from Day 1 for me. I was trying to find a way to use Bluelink while Android auto is connected and I am not able to find it. Although I'd want to use it only as a magic trick with kids to open sunroof with a voice command.
Old 23rd November 2020, 21:30   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
. I was trying to find a way to use Bluelink while Android auto is connected and I am not able to find it.
Am not absolutely sure, but I think you should be able to configure the 'star' button (the physical button to the right of the set up button) for this.
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 22:23   #352
BHPian

Will surely try that. Right now I have the star button configured for home screen. Are you aware of how to set the media and guidance volume separately? There's no master volume it seems when android auto is on. Even when you reduce the media volume when your co-passengers are sleeping, google voice navigation would suddenly come on at a very high volume as the 'Guidance' volume is still high and there's no easy way to reduce it except doing it when the navigation is being spoken by the assistant.
Old 24th November 2020, 02:33   #353

Anyone here who owns an IVT. Would love to know about how the car+ transmission holds up in the ghat section.
Old 24th November 2020, 08:12   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Will surely try that. Right now I have the star button configured for home screen. Are you aware of how to set the media and guidance volume separately? There's no master volume it seems when android auto is on. Even when you reduce the media volume when your co-passengers are sleeping, google voice navigation would suddenly come on at a very high volume as the 'Guidance' volume is still high and there's no easy way to reduce it except doing it when the navigation is being spoken by the assistant.
What a coincidence. I have configured the star button for home screen too.

Regarding the guidance volume please see the attachment. It is self explanatory. Please try and revert with the result.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20201124080716.jpg  

Old 25th November 2020, 21:50   #355
BHPian

Anyone else feeling that the Trio beam LED headlights are not that effective?
Last weekend was driving in the dusk time and it was drizzling. Was really finding it difficult to make out if the lights are even switched on.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 22:08   #356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Anyone else feeling that the Trio beam LED headlights are not that effective?
Last weekend was driving in the dusk time and it was drizzling. Was really finding it difficult to make out if the lights are even switched on.
Rains and LED's rated at 6500k temperature rating don't go hand in hand. White light is poor in rains. My car has 5500k rated HID which I'm getting changed to 4800k rated ones for better lighting in rains too.

Was following a 2020 Creta recently and found the LED headlight setup sporting a decent spread but the intensity was poor.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th November 2020 at 22:13.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 23:11   #357
BHPian

We are planning to buy Creta base Diesel for my parents.
I am in US currently and I have not seen Creta in person.
My dad is 60 yrs old and currently drives a 2008 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI which has clocked 1.75 lakh kms and due for an upgrade. He lives in a small town near Coimbatore, TN and drives around 1.5k kms a month on an average.
Me and my dad are tall at 6.1" . Is Creta base model's seat adjustment suited for tall drivers? Anything specific to consider?

With respect to accessories- are there good places to add music system with Android Auto and alloy wheels in Coimbatore?
What other modifications do you suggest?

Last edited by AccordSport : 25th November 2020 at 23:15.
Old 25th November 2020, 23:54   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordSport View Post
What other modifications do you suggest?
Creta base diesel is like a blank canvas to be painted, you have plethora of options in the market, a YouTube search will show you all the options.

To give you a few options :
1) SX(O) 17 inch Diamond cut alloy wheels.
2) Steering mounted controls for music system.
3) Auto fold ORVM.
4) Parcel Tray.
5) Chrome all around if you like.
6) Top end Front Grill.
7) HID or you can upgrade to top end LED headlights.

These are a few that most people buying base model do, any other modification would be as per one's taste in music and interiors.

Do keep in mind that the waiting period for Diesel base variant is high.

If you can wait for another 4-6 months there would be options from VW-Skoda, also Mahindra in the same segment or one above.
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 17:54   #359

Sharing Sourth African Creta 2020 specifications.
Seems like it is the same version as Indian one (SU2i), but the specification file has lots of other information (e.g vehicle weight).
Creta_Specifications.pdf
travelpanthi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 21:12   #360
BHPian

Dear fellow members,

One of my nephews has recently bought the new Creta 1.4 turbo DCT (SXO variant). Have driven that car a few times now and here are my thoughts -

Space - Very good. Ample room for the front as well as rear seat passengers. The car is definitely more spacious than my Creta (first gen from 2015). There is a lot of light coming in, thanks to the panoramic sunroof, which is such a joy for the rear passengers. The sunroof isn’t really doing much for the driver and front seat passenger as it ends right where the front seats would normally be set (unless someone really wants to push back the front seat to the max).

Interiors - The all black interiors look premium and sporty. There is a feel good factor about this one, though the centre console buttons are thin and too plasticky for my liking. I think I prefer buttons from the previous generations. The quality of the interior is above average and isn’t very plush though. One thing which I noticed is the fact the front arm rest isn’t very soft and my left elbow wasn’t very comfortable resting on it. Wish Hyundai had made it a little softer. But the overall feel of the interiors is satisfactory, and the black theme does stand out.

Drive - The 1.4 turbo petrol and DCT gearbox combo is absolutely amazing. The punch in the middle band is so addictive. Drove it on the Delhi-Jaipur stretch and it just plastered a huge smile on my face. Quick overtaking – “no problem”, says the paddle shifter. The power surge this engine gives you for a quick manoeuvre is just outstanding. Absolutely loved driving it on open roads. In slow city traffic conditions, there is a minor lag in the initial power band which isn’t very bad but I almost every time felt it. The ‘Auto Hold’ makes things convenient but can be a little annoying if you have to stop in every few seconds as it overrides the crawl functionality. I chose to turn it off in heavy traffic conditions. As the car comes with all the safety features, particularly ESP, the car does feel in total control at high speeds. The overall feel of driving this car is really good and spending 2 big million INR on it doesn’t seem to be that bad!

Last edited by Col Mehta : 27th November 2020 at 21:15.
Col Mehta is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks