Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2021, 00:25   #496
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Cooled Glovebox and TPMS removed from E and EX models of Hyundai Creta according to the latest brochure.
Old 24th January 2021, 13:33   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai India has revealed the new price list of Creta, effective from Jan 2021. In terms of on-road, the price increase is in the range of approx Rs 60k to Rs 1 lakh.

Attachment 2112274

Source
Compared the brochure I had with the new brochure on the Hyundai Website and it looks like there are a few feature deletions (particularly from the base variants) apart from the price hike.

From E variant:
Silver Front and Rear Skid Plate.
Side Sill Garnish (Silver)
Glove Box Cooling
Lowline TPMS

From EX Variant:
Lowline TPMS

From SX (Non DCT):
Rear Door Scuff plates (Metallic)
TechLiveMANA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 17:15   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
Compared the brochure I had with the new brochure on the Hyundai Website and it looks like there are a few feature deletions (particularly from the base variants) apart from the price hike.

From E variant:
Silver Front and Rear Skid Plate.
Side Sill Garnish (Silver)
These were gone back in October itself. Which is why I steered towards S Variant.
Old 28th January 2021, 15:45   #499
BHPian

One of my friend had booked a 1.5 petrol manual SX in the month of Oct and he is finally taking delivery in a couple of days. He did the PDI today and is ready to make the rest of the payment. He got the latest cost sheet and looks like there are some additional charges, though optional have been included. Wanted to understand from this group in case any one has taken these optional packages and are they really worth.

1. Shield of trust(covers wear & tear parts)
2. Extended warranty(Creta comes with wonder waranty that can be extended till 5yrs /1 lac kms)

Thanks in Advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20210128153841.jpg  

Old 30th January 2021, 17:25   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
One of my friend had booked a 1.5 petrol manual SX ... is finally taking delivery in a couple of days. ....!
Could you please specify the city / town or state from where your friend purchased the Creta?
Old 30th January 2021, 18:15   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Could you please specify the city / town or state from where your friend purchased the Creta?
This is in Bangalore, Advaith hyundai, ORR.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 11:08   #502
BHPian

Finally, my SA arranged a test drive of SX(O) IVT petrol for me yesterday.

This is going to be the first crossover for me, so my below observations are strictly in comparison to my current 2013 Swift Dzire Petrol and some to my previous driving experience of i20 and Toyota Premio automatic(Japanese counterpart of Indian Corolla Altis):

1. The choice of ice grey color interior is bad. It will get dirty super fast. Beige would have been better than this. One SX model was there on display and I could see that the grey part already started getting dirty. Moreover, I felt that the seat cover for fabric seats is a must.

2. Totally disappointed with the plastic quality. Didn't expect that a 20 lakh+ car will have this kind of plastic. I am also surprised that reviewers on youtube appreciated the plastic quality of Hyundai and the same reviewers were bashing Maruti for their choice of plastic. I find my Dzires texture and quality of interior plastic far better.

3. Engine Power: I felt eco mode take some time and comfort mode felt neutral. Sport mode gave the exact same feeling of power as my Dzire. However, even in eco mode acceleration was good after the initial lag.

4. Turning radius of Creta is amazing. I could take a U-turn on a narrow road easily. Maneuvering is also excellent. I could easily drive it like a hatchback on a busy MIDC road. Driving Creta is going to be a pleasure.

5. I found Bose speakers quite good. Certainly a big upgrade from my current speakers.

6. Due to the quirky design of the dashboard it looked too busy to me and smaller as well. I personally like the plane longer dashboard. Also, I felt that additional storage on top of the dashboard could have been added.

5. Seats are good but could have been wider. (Maybe I am spoiled by Dzire's sofa-like seats)

6. At the driver's seat, the car gives a cockpit-like feeling.

7. At the rear, although the car is wide enough to accommodate three passengers, the middle seat is a totally no for longer drives. The hard back of handrest is very uncomfortable. The other two seats are comfortable and the cushion provided in the headrest is really good.

8. Doors are heavy and close with a thud. Build quality looks really good. NVH level is superb.

9. Boot Space is OK for a family trip. By removing the parcel tray and some planning more luggage can be accommodated. The dealership had put a large suitcase in the boot to get the idea.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210130_145505.jpg

10. Got to see a forest green turbo variant in the stockyard. The color looks really good and if I had to go for turbo, I would have gone for this color instead of white. Also, I felt the black interior is better than the dual-tone interior.

Overall I found it a good upgrade from my current car but it's certainly not a 20+ lac car. Hyundai is taking advantage of no competition in this segment.

The biggest disappointment for me is the interior plastic. Even the leathers provided at door armrests are minorly cushioned. I didn't like the leather quality of the seats also. Compare it with Hector's leather seats. They look so premium.

For me it's my employer's choice so anyway I don't have many options
amitshippie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 14:04   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
I am waiting for my Creta SX petrol as well, just over 6 weeks now. And I don't have a timeline confirmed :(
Got a call from Sales Rep right at the start of the day. My hopeful mind got my hopes even higher, hoping to get a confirmation on the delivery date. But in-vain.

Instead, they have just extended the waiting period. They are not confirming a date/ month yet. But the WhatsApp message says the "waiting period has been extended". This is more so for the SX and SX O vehicles. Those who have booked for EX or S can be hopeful of getting it a tad bit early.

Anyone getting such update in and around Pune?
Old 2nd February 2021, 00:04   #504
BHPian

Anyone got lava orange color (non dual tone)? Looking for general feeling about lava orange.
Old 2nd February 2021, 14:46   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
Instead, they have just extended the waiting period. They are not confirming a date/ month yet. But the WhatsApp message says the "waiting period has been extended".
Isn't it totally unethical(Illegal?) for carmakers to keep on increasing the waiting period and doing the price hike as well. Why buyer should pay the price hike in such cases?

Consider the case of real estate. If I book an under-construction apartment, I pay the price that is agreed upon in the sale agreement even if the handover is after 4 years. Contrary to the carmakers, a builder has to face so many hurdles/variations in the construction cost during the said period of construction.
Old 2nd February 2021, 15:24   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
Isn't it totally unethical(Illegal?) for carmakers to keep on increasing the waiting period and doing the price hike as well. Why buyer should pay the price hike in such cases?

Consider the case of real estate. If I book an under-construction apartment, I pay the price that is agreed upon in the sale agreement even if the handover is after 4 years. Contrary to the carmakers, a builder has to face so many hurdles/variations in the construction cost during the said period of construction.
Consider this case.

You book a car by paying a nominal amount. On the day the car arrives at the dealership, you cancel your booking due to some reason. You would still get back all (or most) of your booking amount without question.

Can you do the same with an apartment?

Edit: In case of real estate, the builder builds the house for you and for a contracted price of Rs. X. In case of cars, like any other retail goods, you make the purchase (purchase contract) on the day of delivery and the current price is applicable.

Last edited by ashis89 : 2nd February 2021 at 15:28.
Old 2nd February 2021, 16:10   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, my SA arranged a test drive of SX(O) IVT petrol for me yesterday.

This is going to be the first crossover for me, so my below observations are strictly in comparison to my current 2013 Swift Dzire Petrol and some to my previous driving experience of i20 and Toyota Premio automatic(Japanese counterpart of Indian Corolla Altis):

2. Totally disappointed with the plastic quality. Didn't expect that a 20 lakh+ car will have this kind of plastic. I am also surprised that reviewers on Youtube appreciated the plastic quality of Hyundai and the same reviewers were bashing Maruti for their choice of plastic. I find my Dzires texture and quality of interior plastic far better.

The biggest disappointment for me is the interior plastic. Even the leathers provided at door armrests are minorly cushioned. I didn't like the leather quality of the seats also. Compare it with Hector's leather seats. They look so premium.

For me it's my employer's choice so anyway I don't have many options
I have the same issue with Creta I interior plastic. The finish & fit is good, but the plastic is not befitting the price. Unfortunately, the competition in this price range doesn't has much to offer, maybe few variants of City are good, but S-Cross, etc are cheaper. Add tk this the parts that are shared appear even more cheap. Creta scores here, hence takes away with numbers.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:08   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Consider this case.

You book a car by paying a nominal amount. On the day the car arrives at the dealership, you cancel your booking due to some reason. You would still get back all (or most) of your booking amount without question.

Can you do the same with an apartment?

In case of real estate, the builder builds the house for you and for a contracted price of Rs. X. In case of cars, like any other retail goods, you make the purchase (purchase contract) on the day of delivery and the current price is applicable.
You are right about the cancellation but again if the carmaker is not delivering within the promised time and keep on increasing the price, why a buyer should bear that cost.

In case of cancellation, they deduct the cancellation charge but in case of delay in delivery, why there shouldn't be a penalty on them. On the contrary, it works another way. Delivery gets delayed, price increases and the buyer bears the increased cost of the same car.
Old 2nd February 2021, 18:12   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are right about the cancellation but again if the carmaker is not delivering within the promised time and keep on increasing the price, why a buyer should bear that cost.
When a dealer gets a car from OEM, they pay for it. Later, the buyer buys it off the dealer. If the buyer backs out, dealer is stuck with the inventory. So the risk is with the dealer (and the OEM to some extent).
Quote:
In case of cancellation, they deduct the cancellation charge but in case of delay in delivery, why there shouldn't be a penalty on them. On the contrary, it works another way. Delivery gets delayed, price increases and the buyer bears the increased cost of the same car.
My point is, the buyer is always free to walk away from the deal if they find the car is not VFM anymore.

A polished way of saying - 'Take it or leave it'.

Most of the OEMs and dealers allow for free cancellation of the booking, while some of them have a 'cancellation charge'. This is also another reason why OEMs announce 'introductory pricing' for the initial buyers.

I get what you are trying to say. Automobiles, like most other retail industries, doesn't offer 'price protection' but it offers the flexibility of choosing one over the other without any obligation.

Last edited by ashis89 : 2nd February 2021 at 18:16.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 20:38   #510
BHPian

Quote:
When a dealer gets a car from OEM, they pay for it. Later, the buyer buys it off the dealer. If the buyer backs out, dealer is stuck with the inventory. So the risk is with the dealer (and the OEM to some extent).
My SA mentioned I have to pay the full amount when the car is allotted. Does it mean dealer is not footing the payment and just passing on from me to OEM?

Quote:
My point is, the buyer is always free to walk away from the deal if they find the car is not VFM anymore.

A polished way of saying - 'Take it or leave it'.

Most of the OEMs and dealers allow for free cancellation of the booking, while some of them have a 'cancellation charge'. This is also another reason why OEMs announce 'introductory pricing' for the initial buyers.

I get what you are trying to say. Automobiles, like most other retail industries, doesn't offer 'price protection' but it offers the flexibility of choosing one over the other without any obligation.
Well, it not 'Take it or leave it' if I have to leave the cancellation fee.

I have to agree with u/amitshippie. The prebooking was for an agreed price and time. If there is any change in these two, the buyer should be able to get full refund of the booking amount without any cancellation fee. I believe some dealers do that, but it shouldn't be at the mercy of the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks