Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2021, 12:24   #526
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Hyundai dealers have Petrol IVT and Diesel Manual for test-drive here. I couldn't actually get hands on Petrol manual.

1) Is the engine sufficiently powered for drive in city? Does it need to gear down to 2nd every time or can we manage with 3rd gear in city traffic? I understand it lacks the low end torque as diesel.

2) What is the realistic mileage to expect in city/highways? I understand Diesel returns upto 15kmpl in city and around 20 in Highways.

My running is around 10k kms per year and thought petrol should be sufficient. But if 1.5 NA Petrol is underpowered and lower mileage(and low resale), i will plan to switch to SX Diesel. Suggestions welcome.
1. The car is sufficiently powerful for city traffic. Low end isn't something that would bother you. It has got pretty usable power in 2nd and 3rd gear to crawl around. Infact for being a NA engine, the linear power delivery makes it easier. Clutch being very light only helps the case.

2. Expect 9-10 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic. 10-13 kmpl in moderate traffic. 15-16 kmpl on highways. Extreme careful drives at 80 kmph with cruise control can fetch you 17-18 kmpl too
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 12:30   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
My colleague drives a Creta Petrol automatic. He lives within 10 km radius of office and the traffic is usually bumper to bumper. He gets max 10kmpl in city with lowest being 8kmpl. On highways, he gets max 12 to 13kmpl. On the other hand, if you are going for petrol, you may want to consider Honda City CVT which gives better mileages than Creta petrol automatic in city conditions as well as highway. Hope this helps.
Commenting as an ex- City CVT owner (albeit with the older engine)-I used to get about 9-11 kmpl in the city and about 13-14 kmpl on highways. I dont think the new City will be significantly better.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 15:39   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Commenting as an ex- City CVT owner (albeit with the older engine)-I used to get about 9-11 kmpl in the city and about 13-14 kmpl on highways. I dont think the new City will be significantly better.
Good to know. What are the mileage figures for your Creta Diesel Torque Converter? City vs Highway? If you could share, that would help me get a real world perspective. Thank you!
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 16:09   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My colleague drives a Creta Petrol automatic. He lives within 10 km radius of office and the traffic is usually bumper to bumper. He gets max 10kmpl in city with lowest being 8kmpl. On highways, he gets max 12 to 13kmpl. On the other hand, if you are going for petrol, you may want to consider Honda City CVT which gives better mileages than Creta petrol automatic in city conditions as well as highway. Hope this helps.
Someone I know went through same thought process and ended up buying Baleno. He zeroed in on Creta IVT but backed out because of price and lower FE. Some i10s in his circle were returning single digit FE in city so he feared Creta being bigger, FE maybe even less. Then he tried City CVT and liked it but then someone suggested to try out Baleno CVT. He did and bought Baleno alpha CVT. He saved 4-4.5 lakhs over City CVT and almost 6.5-7 lakhs over Creta IVT and boot is the only thing he lost. He says Baleno is surprisingly almost as spacious as City, front and back. He says engine is only 1.2 litre but then due to its lightweight, it is almost as quick as the other two and it has an FE of 14-15 kmpl in city and 18-19 kmpl on highway. He is very happy with his purchase.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 16:18   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
Anyone got lava orange color (non dual tone)? Looking for general feeling about lava orange.
Hi , Mine is lava orange SX(O) IVT. Bought last Sept. Had been planning to review in this forum but gods of laziness love me .

Nobody thinks its "Lava Orange" . Most of folks call it red. Sometimes its called maroon as well, esp. in evening or cloudy. Attaching few pics to help with your call.

My personal preference was white/silver but am glad to be nudged to this color.

[ All pics captured by kids on phone]
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20201108_134042.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20201108_134120.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20201228_141238.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210124_115438.jpg  

rqmar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 16:41   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to know. What are the mileage figures for your Creta Diesel Torque Converter? City vs Highway? If you could share, that would help me get a real world perspective. Thank you!
During early morning/low traffic times, I get about 17-19 in the city. During regular traffic, its about 14-16. On highway runs, I get about 20-21 .

Today, I did a quick run (more of a crawl mostly) from Bavdhan to Shirwal and u-turn, coming all the way up to the Shivapur-Sinhagad ghat road on to Donje -Khadakwasla-Shivane-Warje- Bavdhan. A trip of 100 odd km with highway, ghats, bad roads, truck and village/urban traffic. I got an indicated 18.5 kmpl.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 17:42   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
During early morning/low traffic times, I get about 17-19 in the city. During regular traffic, its about 14-16. On highway runs, I get about 20-21...A trip of 100 odd km with highway, ghats, bad roads, truck and village/urban traffic. I got an indicated 18.5 kmpl.
Thank you fhdowntheline! This info is really helpful. Those are good numbers for a diesel automatic.
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 12:43   #533
BHPian

Hey guys! I am nearing the 7,000 mark on my 1.4 DCT and planning a trip to Jaipur next weekend.

Wondering if it's worth getting a quick check done at this point before the trip? The car was last checked during the 1st service in December.

Should I go to a Hyundai ASS/FNG/GoMechanic or wait it out till the 10K service?

Anything I should check on my own, apart from Engine Oil dipstick and Tyre condition (TPMS reading has been consistent)?
Old 14th February 2021, 12:50   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqmar View Post

Nobody thinks its "Lava Orange" . Most of folks call it red. Sometimes its called maroon as well, esp. in evening or cloudy.

My personal preference was white/silver but am glad to be nudged to this color.

[ All pics captured by kids on phone]
OMG! In my family, we are going through color preferences and for us too the lava orange feels like red! In fact my preference is also silver but now getting swayed towards lava orange if it is in deed red in reality. Still have to check it out in real. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 14th February 2021, 15:04   #535
BHPian

My 1.4 DCT Sx(O) developed a problem yesterday within 6 months/5200 kms. Car suddenly lost power and then I noticed that the CEL is ON and the 2, 4, 6, R gears and Sport Mode/paddle shifters are not engaging.

Dropped it at the service station yesterday evening and I am expecting to get a diagnosis tomorrow.

The advisor hinted at “Actuator failure”. I did some discreet enquires and found out that it can take atleast a month to get this part, going by the previous experiences of the Service advisors. Fingers crossed till tomorrow. BlueLink response was good and they offered to provide RSA if needed. Drove it back since I was very near the service centre. Seeking informed opinions on what could be wrong and the way forward?

Last edited by Ashokkp : 14th February 2021 at 15:07. Reason: Grammar
Ashokkp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 21:52   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashokkp View Post
My 1.4 DCT Sx(O) developed a problem yesterday within 6 months/5200 kms. Car suddenly lost power and then I noticed that the CEL is ON and the 2, 4, 6, R gears and Sport Mode/paddle shifters are not engaging.

Dropped it at the service station yesterday evening and I am expecting to get a diagnosis tomorrow.

The advisor hinted at “Actuator failure”. I did some discreet enquires and found out that it can take atleast a month to get this part, going by the previous experiences of the Service advisors. Fingers crossed till tomorrow. BlueLink response was good and they offered to provide RSA if needed. Drove it back since I was very near the service centre. Seeking informed opinions on what could be wrong and the way forward?
I also faced the exact same problem. Though in my case, the fault was with my driver who had never driven an automatic, and forcefully shifted the gear lever from P to N, without pressing the brake pedal, or starting the car.

I was driving on the road when I realised that car was over-revving and shifting directly from 1st to 3rd to 5th. 2nd, 4th, 6th, and R weren't working.

Car was with SC for 1 month and 10 days. Since this part is imported, it takes time for it to arrive, irrespective of where you give the car.

My SA received this message from his HQ boss - "Replace clutch actuator and update TCU software".

Price of part is 1.78L (excluding GST and labour charges)

I was lucky that I had a very good relationship with my SA, that he chose to ignore the human error (done by my driver) and raised the complaint in a manner which made it seem like a manufacturing defect. In the end of it all, I had to pay 0 rupees.

Attaching some pictures of the broken part, and my car during its long stint at the SC.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210215_214811.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20201221wa0002.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20201221wa0003.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20201221wa0004.jpg  

rahulsenapati is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 05:49   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsenapati View Post

My SA received this message from his HQ boss - "Replace clutch actuator and update TCU software".

I was lucky that I had a very good relationship with my SA, that he chose to ignore the human error (done by my driver) and raised the complaint in a manner which made it seem like a manufacturing defect. In the end of it all, I had to pay 0 rupees.
It is a big amount Wondering whether it could be claimed under insurance in case Hyundai wouldn't have agreed to replace for free?
Old 16th February 2021, 11:29   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It is a big amount Wondering whether it could be claimed under insurance in case Hyundai wouldn't have agreed to replace for free?
I think it's unlikely. Because, other than a massive accident, this part won't be damaged. As far as I have understood, it happens mostly due to incorrect gear shifting or manufacturing defects.

And this part is cooped quite cosily inside the engine area, under the battery. It won't be possible to damage just that part, in an accident like situation.
Old 16th February 2021, 13:09   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attaching some pictures of the broken part, and my car during its long stint at the SC.
Don't you think you are exposing yourself and the dealer of a wrongdoing by quoting this on a public forum which can be accessed by one and all? I'm not trying to judge you. Who amongst us hasn't erred in life? But, to do and quote here?
pgsagar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 20:10   #540
BHPian

Quote:
I also faced the exact same problem. Though in my case, the fault was with my driver who had never driven an automatic, and forcefully shifted the gear lever from P to N, without pressing the brake pedal, or starting the car.

I was driving on the road when I realised that car was over-revving and shifting directly from 1st to 3rd to 5th. 2nd, 4th, 6th, and R weren't working.

Was it a regular incident or just a one-time mistake by the driver? I am not able to comprehend that a one-time small mistake can make such a huge issue with the clutch actuator.

Also, can you elaborate on the part "without pressing the brake pedal or starting the car". Is it mandatory for shifting gear lever from P to N. If this is the case then shouldn't there be a safety mechanism to prevent this kind of error?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks