Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 22:15   #571
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
So finally it's Creta Diesel S White (2021). Got the delivery a couple of days back.
Congratulations and welcome to 2020 Creta club !! Wishing you miles & miles!!

What modifications did you get done? I see that you have updated the Alloys to Diamond cut.

Has anyone successfully installed Front parking assist camera with SX/SXO touchscreen system? Back sensor/camera works perfectly fine, now feeling the need for front assist as well.
concorde24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:32   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
- Trio Beam Headlights. When a vehicle comes from opposite side with high beam on, I'm totally blinded. Can't see a thing ! It's high beam is pointed very upwards as well, light throw falls almost on the top of trees. Fellow creta owners, I need your inputs on this query. How do I cope with this issue of headlights err candles.
Welcome to T-BHP and congratulations on your new ride, the black Creta is certainly a looker!

The trio beam isn't the best, but I fiddled with the headlight adjustment knob to adjust the focus of the light beam and it does make it slightly better, I tend to change this every time for city and highway drives. Try this out.

I agree with you, things are not great when there is a vehicle from opposite side with high beam, but isn't this that case in any vehicle?
autocool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:44   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
Welcome to T-BHP and congratulations on your new ride, the black Creta is certainly a looker!
Thank you for kind words!
Quote:
Try this out.
Could you please tell at what level you keep the adjuster knob/wheel ?
Quote:
I agree with you, things are not great when there is a vehicle from opposite side with high beam, but isn't this that case in any vehicle?
It certainly is, but in case of regular headlights (yellow ones) you can see some bit of road atleast, or the sideline is visible certainly. So you know you are not going off the road
With these trio beam candles, I can't even see the sideline when a vehicle is coming from opposite side with high beam !
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 12:57   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Could you please tell at what level you keep the adjuster knob/wheel ?
On highway drives when using high beam (highway is not well lit) I normally set the level to 3, this will prevent the throw of the high beam on tree tops (to some extent).
Low beam at 0 level works well if the highway is well lit.
For city drives I never use high beams, a setting of 1 or 2 works just fine.

Also, bear in mind that headlamp levelling can vary based on the passenger + luggage load in the car, so you need to fiddle with it a bit based on the scenario. If you have a full load of passengers and a heavy luggage load in the boot, the headlight beam can point upwards, the setting of 3 will bring it down, and this is the maximum possible setting.

Hope this helps!
autocool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 22:14   #575
BHPian

Is traction control on by default? There are 3 modes snow, mud, sand- so if traction control is always on, which mode it uses by default for example in city driving?
Old 5th March 2021, 12:02   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to 2020 Creta club !! Wishing you miles & miles!!

What modifications did you get done? I see that you have updated the Alloys to Diamond cut.
Thank you.
Yes, upgraded to 17' with tyres from Yokohama Earth1. Moved over to the Trio headlights.
I am looking for a good upgrade on Fog lamps. Haven't figured yet on what I will change it to.

Recommendations anyone?
Old 5th March 2021, 21:00   #577
BHPian

Import of automotive parts are plaguing the delivery of Creta. Just talked with my SA and he informed that this month only 3 cretas were alloted to their dealership. My original delivery date was tentatively mid May. Now even in July it doesn't look sure.
Old 5th March 2021, 22:22   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
Import of automotive parts are plaguing the delivery of Creta. Just talked with my SA and he informed that this month only 3 cretas were alloted to their dealership. My original delivery date was tentatively mid May. Now even in July it doesn't look sure.
Same with me - Booked the DCT version last month, and was expecting for the car to get delivered by 20th this month per the SA. Got a call yesterday saying that it would get pushed to a later date. I asked can you confirm the delivery the next month, and they responded they aren't sure.

Waiting for the right time..
Old 5th March 2021, 22:40   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
In my experience this has been the situation at least since Sep-20. The DCT and Diesel AT were always available earlier than other variants. Mine was delivered in 12 days from the date of booking. And not only the Creta, even the Seltos had lower wait times for the DCT followed by diesel AT.
No longer the case. I booked in December and still waiting for my Diesel SXO AT. While booking they had mentioned 2-2.5 months of waiting which has been extended to 4-5 months and that's the case with all the dealers I called in Pune. Still waiting. However, the dealer did say, if I can change it to Manual, they can get it for me in March which I declined.

Last edited by TechLiveMANA : 5th March 2021 at 22:42.
Old 5th March 2021, 23:13   #580
BHPian

Had TD'ed the Creta Diesel AT a few weeks ago as we are looking for the replacement of 10 year old Innova.

Here my impressions after the TD of Creta:

-The rear seat space is good and has good comfort, if not, its way better than Seltos in terms of rear seat space and comfort
-The engine performance is way better than the Seltos IMO, thanks to paddle shifters, which I enjoyed using it and its badly missing in Seltos
-The dealer had quoted a waiting period of 3-4 months if I book it now
-The ride quality is quite good and even at higher speeds, I didn't feel any bumps
-The handling is decent but it doesn't match the Seltos in terms of handling
-The interiors of the Seltos looks much better than the Creta as well as exteriors
-Miss some features like 360 degree camera, HUD, front sensors, which are available in Seltos but gains some features like panoramic sunroof(which is not worth at all IMO atleast for me as I feel normal sunroof is enough for me), additional safety features in SX version, which are missing in Seltos HTX and HTX+
-For the first time, I had used the electronic park brake and felt good to use but I still feel regular handbrake is much better than EPB

Overall, the Creta felt good in terms of rear seat comfort, features, engine performance, which I felt better than Seltos IMO.

If we want a car for the family or chauffeur driven, will go for the Creta or if we want a car to be self driven and which has better driving dynamics, will go for the Seltos.

I guess Creta is much suitable as a chauffeur driven car then the Seltos and this might be the worthy replacement for our Innova.

The Creta's rear seat space and comfort nearly matches the level of our Innova, which will be an added bonus for our family, who will be travelling most of the time.

Even after Hyundai/Kia issues and crash results, we are still inclined towards the Creta/Seltos.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 5th March 2021 at 23:14.
car_guy1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 20:44   #581
Senior - BHPian

To Any Creta owner here: what are the contents you got along with the car in terms of booklets?
All I see is the Wonder Warranty booklet and the Service booklet. Was I not supposed to get a Owner's manual?
Old 6th March 2021, 21:27   #582

Hello Everyone

Need your help. So while enquiring about a new creta in Bangalore ,I am told that SXO IVT has a minimum waiting of 4-5 months and it could be even longer whereas the DCT has a waiting period of 2-3 months. When I asked the reason for this difference in wait times , I was told that demand is more for IVT because of the lower costs involved.
Being my primary car , I would be using the car for biweekly office commutes , regular errands and outings.

I have test driven both the variants and frankly speaking loved the DCT over the IVT although to be fair the IVT is quite good as well. The all black interiors also adds to the attraction factor over the interiors of the IVT.I am however nervous about booking the same.
Hyundai is not exactly known for frugal petrol engines.The long term reliability of the DCT is still unknown .I read in some forums that people are averaging 6-8 kmpl during city drives during rush hours. I find this quite poor. I have a city and I have never seen it go below 10 kmpl.

Am I shooting myself in the foot by going for the DCT or should I just wait it out for the IVT ?

What makes it worse is that I don't see a good alternative in the market.

PS : I don't plan to go for a skoda / Volkswagen untill they have prooved themselves for atleast 2-3 years in dealing with service and customer empathy

Last edited by Sheel : 7th March 2021 at 11:56. Reason: Rule 8. Request you to go through our rules before proceeding further. Thanks.
Old 6th March 2021, 21:36   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
To Any Creta owner here: what are the contents you got along with the car in terms of booklets?
That's it, nothing more is provided, you can download the manual from website.
Old 6th March 2021, 22:44   #584
Senior - BHPian

Very weird. Is this something of a trend? My old 2006 Dio and 2011 CBR250R came with owners manual detailing every single function and tips. Clearly a car with more complicated parts needs its own users manual? One that can be referred to in the middle of nowhere and not relying on cellphones?
Old 7th March 2021, 11:03   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
All I see is the Wonder Warranty booklet and the Service booklet. Was I not supposed to get a Owner's manual?
The Service Booklet is sort of like an owner's manual. Dig deeper into that booklet, you'd find more or less everything you'd need.
pandatrooper is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks