Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2021, 23:49   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK79 View Post
Just completed the second service of my SXO IVT at Sai Auto Hyundai Powai. (3500 odd km)
I reached at 930 in the morning, and since I was the first one to arrive, I was promptly attended to. After, a quick inspection, the car was shifted to the service bay.
I insisted that I wanted to check the air filter and the AC filter myself and in no time the service technician showed this to me. Next, I requested him to change the engine oil and filter in my presence and this too was done without any fuss. Along with this, I got an opportunity to inspect the underbody of the car as well. All this was completed within an hour of me reaching the service center.
I didn't bother them any further and the car was delivered to me 3 hrs later cleaned thoroughly.
The only charges I had to pay was for the oil and the filter (around 2000rs).
Isn't the second service to be done at 10k km / 1 year for the 2020 IVT model?
Old 26th December 2021, 08:39   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Isn't the second service to be done at 10k km / 1 year for the 2020 IVT model?
Yes thats correct. I had completed one year. 3500 km on the odo is because the car isnt used as much.
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 23:36   #1323
Senior - BHPian

I am facing one strange issue with the Gaana app connected on Android Auto. On the car screen, it only shows a few songs in my playlist whereas there are many more songs in the playlist which I can see on my mobile. Also, for some reason, it doesn't mirror the app fully so not all the Gaana playlists and features show up in AA.

Has anyone else faced this issue and suggest a workaround? Wondering if it is just me or is it a system limitation?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 27th December 2021 at 23:44.
Old 31st December 2021, 16:37   #1324
BHPian

Need some help from fellow Hyundai owners in Hyderabad.
Recently on a long trip the ac in my 2016 model creta (45 k on odo) stopped working. When I took it to the shop i was told that the entire compressor is seized and damaged and will have to be replaced. I was given a quote of 40k for the parts and 20k for the labour! Just wanted to understand if anyone knows of a reliable service shop where I can try and get the compressor repaired.
My experience with official hyundai service centers is that they don't even attempt to repair. They just ask you to replace parts.
Old 3rd January 2022, 18:26   #1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddensandy View Post
Asked for post-Jan registration & delivery which they are OK with on a caveat that the car will be invoiced before Dec ends.
So Hyundai has quietly hiked price of the Creta by about 7k for each model. I escaped this hike with dealer invoicing the car in Dec itself.
Attached Images

suddensandy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 01:39   #1326

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
Need some help from fellow Hyundai owners in Hyderabad.
Recently on a long trip the ac in my 2016 model creta (45 k on odo) stopped working. When I took it to the shop i was told that the entire compressor is seized and damaged and will have to be replaced. I was given a quote of 40k for the parts and 20k for the labour! Just wanted to understand if anyone knows of a reliable service shop where I can try and get the compressor repaired.
My experience with official hyundai service centers is that they don't even attempt to repair. They just ask you to replace parts.
You can try Car Cool Centre in Pattigadda, Begumpet. Recently got our 2014 Elantra's AC repaired there and they've done a good job.
etype9459 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 18:48   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Dashboard reflection

For me, this (IVT SXO) is a perfect car in every respect except for one issue. The dual tone interiors have two light plastic panels on the dashboard that reflect light like crazy. While i have learnt to ignore it, it still gets to me every time i start to drive. And if you thought this was a problem only for few hours of peak sun during the day, you couldn't be more wrong. This thing creates a reflection even with streetlights... some superpower!

I have contemplated sticking a sheet of dark paper, putting a dark heavy cloth, even spray-painting it. Anyone else faced this issue (or am i being hyper-sensitive). If so, any solutions to get rid of this? Can we replace it with parts from DCT all-black interiors as a minor job or it will be too intrusive?
Can someone confirm if they see the same issue with the ALCAZER with the brown dashboard ?
Old 5th January 2022, 21:53   #1328
BHPian

Took a test drive of the 1.4Turbo DCT. This is a comfortable car to be in. The pano sunroof is an eye catcher. But I was quite underwhelmed by the drive. I come from a 1.2L Na engine and I felt that the turbo lag was a bit too prominent. When the car stops on an incline, it doesn't inch forward without accelerator input. It was better when i put it in sport mode and made generous use of the paddle shifters. Maybe I expected a bit too much from the engine. Need to drive the 1.5 diesel once too.

Also they are promising a waiting time of 5-6 months now instead of the 9-10 months .

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisekbit View Post
Can someone confirm if they see the same issue with the ALCAZER with the brown dashboard ?
I drove the Alcazar with a brown dash and in the 2 o'clock sun , did not find any issues.
Old 6th January 2022, 07:52   #1329
BHPian

Looks like Creta is really easy to upgrade. Found a YouTube channel where E variant is upgraded with SX(O) digital instrument cluster.

This guy has done several upgrades for E variant in other videos right from rear wiper, alloys, 60-40 rear seats, cruise control, digital instrument cluster, headlights, rear sun shades.

If it’s safe would be good idea to upgrade your car after couple of years to get a new car feeling 😃

Note:I am no way associated with this channel and not promoting any upgrades. This is as a information sharing only.
firstdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 21:54   #1330
BHPian

Looks like a lot of components are plug and play in Creta. I have seen videos of people installing Cruise Control in base Creta for Rs 1500-2000..
Old 8th January 2022, 17:36   #1331
BHPian

My Creta's First Birthday !

On this day, a year back, we got this black beauty home

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20220108_160724_178.jpg

It has been a wonderful year with loads of memories ! I've covered about 13000 kms as I write this, and there has been absolutely no issues, touchwood.

We had booked this Creta SX petrol, MT at Somani Hyundai, Baramati in August, 2019 on my birthday and finally got it in January. The Covid impact was evident as there were very few manual petrol Creta's being manufactured, and the waiting period kept increasing.

What I like :
  • Creta - the brand, enough said !
  • The new design, yes I love it.
  • Loads of features, coupled with sorted mechanicals - NA petrol engine and manual transmission. I feel I can keep this car for a long long time.
  • Silent cabin, cushioned ride and enough power available on tap.

What I don't like :
  • Trio Beam LED Headlights - they're pathetic to say the least, I struggle a lot when driving in night on undivided roads. They're form over function, period.
  • Not fully loaded as the automatic variants. Hyundai India thinks customers opting for manual transmission variant don't want all the bells and whistles which are available in the top variant. I could have happily paid more for side and curtain airbags and ventilated seats !
  • Interior plastics could have been made of better materials, it is not a cheap car ! Though they're way better than the segment offerings.
  • Weird cost cutting - no driver side grab handle, small space saver, no headrest for middle passanger on the backseat.

Buying Decision :

My mom, being a single parent and a working woman, wanted our first car to be the one that sent out "Yes I made it in the life" message loud and clear. After years of hard work and God's grace, we got at the stage to afford a car and started our first car hunt. First contender was the Nexon, booked it in January, 19 and delivery scheduled in March but then covid happened and we postponed our purchase. As the lockdowns were lifted, we felt the need of car even more, so the hunt began again. Meanwhile mom saw a white Creta on road, got curious and asked me about this "weird looking car whose tail lights were broken in two pieces" And it clicked me suddenly that we might be getting the Creta ! And thus began spending hours on T-BHP reading through official Creta review and every thread about Creta - be it ownership reports, niggles thread.

Now I had read about how atrociously priced the first gen Creta was and how minimum features it offered for the price it commanded, also it may come as a shock, but I'm not a fan of the looks of the first gen Creta. With this second gen Creta, Hyundai managed to price it sensibly and offer substantial features too - major one being the panoramic sunroof ! We (me, sister and mom) discussed what we wanted in the car and about our usage pattern and upon that criteria we chose the SX petrol MT variant. Petrol engine was considered as our running isn't very much, and diesel fumes (smell?) gives us headache. Manual transmission was considered because we live in a tier 3 town, so it won't see much traffic, plus it was very well within our budget and had all the features we needed.

So far I have not faced any issue with the car, always starts at the first touch of the button ! The near silent cabin, smooth and refined NA engine, soft clutch action, cushioned yet firm ride makes this car a very capable mile munching machine. My sister did Solapur to Chittorgarh - 1000 kms in a day and she wasn't even tired ! That's how much comfortable the Creta is.

Brief Ownership Review :
I am not very familiar with the technicalities like the torque figure and such so apologies I can't provide you with the technical details of this car. But as a newbie driver, I am happy with the power available, it suits my sedate driving style. Last week I was on Rajasthan road trip with my 3 buddies, all four of us having a larger body frame. It climbed up the steep inclines and hairpin turns en route to the Sajjangarh Monsoon palace without breaking a sweat ! The first gear is very short, only use it to move from standstill and on very steep inclines. Second gear is very usable, it can potter around the city all day and manages to crawl over most of the speedbreakers. If you stay in the power band of 1800-2100 rpm, it builds up speed quickly. I don't have to plan overtakes much, just drop a gear, rev up and zoom ahead. The steering is light at the parking speeds and weighs up as the speed increases. All around disc brakes do their job precisely, never faced any panic moment with the braking system. Boot space is enough for family of 4. I just wish the headlights were useful though.

As is the tradition here with us BHPians , I've lovingly christened her as "Eva", I'm sure Vettle fans will get the reference Here's to more miles and loads of memories with my Eva :
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20210730_172402.jpg

Last edited by Akshay6988 : 8th January 2022 at 17:38.
Akshay6988 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 08:24   #1332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
My Creta's First Birthday !

On this day, a year back, we got this black beauty home

It has been a wonderful year with loads of memories ! I've covered about 13000 kms as I write this, and there has been absolutely no issues, touchwood.

We had booked this Creta SX petrol, MT at Somani Hyundai, Baramati in August, 2019 on my birthday and finally got it in January. The Covid impact was evident as there were very few manual petrol Creta's being manufactured, and the waiting period kept increasing.

What I like :
  • Creta - the brand, enough said !
  • The new design, yes I love it.
  • Loads of features, coupled with sorted mechanicals - NA petrol engine and manual transmission. I feel I can keep this car for a long long time.
  • Silent cabin, cushioned ride and enough power available on tap.

What I don't like :
  • Trio Beam LED Headlights - they're pathetic to say the least, I struggle a lot when driving in night on undivided roads. They're form over function, period.
  • Not fully loaded as the automatic variants. Hyundai India thinks customers opting for manual transmission variant don't want all the bells and whistles which are available in the top variant. I could have happily paid more for side and curtain airbags and ventilated seats !
  • Interior plastics could have been made of better materials, it is not a cheap car ! Though they're way better than the segment offerings.
  • Weird cost cutting - no driver side grab handle, small space saver, no headrest for middle passanger on the backseat.
Congrats on completing one year.

Hyundai does bring out weird variants and prioritize manual transmission. I guess some of the cons that you have pointed are minor except for the headlights. Luckily, the first gen Creta did have good output - reason why am still running stock.

Even though the plastics are hard, it does stay put. Am sure you will enjoy it even further.

1.6 diesel mill from Hyundai is the best south of 20L - period and that's the reason why am still holding on to it.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 09:04   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Took a test drive of the 1.4Turbo DCT. This is a comfortable car to be in. The pano sunroof is an eye catcher. But I was quite underwhelmed by the drive. I come from a 1.2L Na engine and I felt that the turbo lag was a bit too prominent. When the car stops on an incline, it doesn't inch forward without accelerator input. It was better when i put it in sport mode and made generous use of the paddle shifters. Maybe I expected a bit too much from the engine. Need to drive the 1.5 diesel once too.
The hill hold feature stops it from rolling back on an incline and thats why you might have noticed this.
I have been driving 1.4 DCT for over a year now and it has not disappointed me any time with the power even in the comfort mode.
You need to get used to handle this machine to make the most of it. Be it sudden surge of power or mileage.
Try out the diesel AT or the compass 1.4DDCT you will understand the difference
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 09:24   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
The hill hold feature stops it from rolling back on an incline and thats why you might have noticed this.
I have been driving 1.4 DCT for over a year now and it has not disappointed me any time with the power even in the comfort mode.
You need to get used to handle this machine to make the most of it. Be it sudden surge of power or mileage.
The Creta diesel AT gives a fairly linear performance, unlike the Compass 1.4 DDCT which just goes on fire past 80kph and then goes into limp mode in the city conditions.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 09:56   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Ya i thought about the same too. But even with the accelerator pressed in, it did take some to react . It might be me as you said but I do have some experience using cars which had hill hold and I felt this was not the hill hold holding the car back.

There is no dearth of power. I just did not like the way it put it down on the road.

Last edited by callmeneo : 10th January 2022 at 10:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks