Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 15:18   #1351
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Navigation and AVN Software Update - Creta SX & SX(O)

Not very sure if this has been covered already in the forum somewhere but one can update the navigation software of All-New Creta SX & SX(O) i.e. with 10.25 inch AVN by herself/himself. I am not sure if this can be done with lower variant AVN but logically it should not be very different.

You can download the update from https://india.map-care.com

You only need a laptop, USB stick/pen drive, your vehicle VIN and Navigation Device ID (it's available under the settings of AVN) and internet connection (for downloading the update file on laptop). The update file is approx 8 ~ 12 GB in size.

Change log in the latest navigation:

- New Map Version: IN.14.41.44.450.102.1
- New Software Version: BI3.IND.HMC.210420.4a21625
- Direction guidance has improved.
- More than 1 million POI have been added
- New POI categories have been added

The software update in the car takes 25 mins approx and you need to keep the car engine started during this time.

The process is straightforward but if you don't want any risk, you can also go to the nearest service centre and get it done.

I am attaching the guide (refer to page no. 30 for Creta).

I have uploaded the video guide for everyone's reference on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbY...ew?usp=sharing

P.S. By default, the update is priced at Rs. 1500 but the same is free (not sure about the duration it's free from the date of manufacturing) as of now (at least for vehicles manufactured in 2021).

P.P.S. In case the navigation system does not work after the installation, then you need to reset the system by pressing the physical reset button on the bottom right corner of the AVN. You can press that using a mobile sim ejector tool.
HP-BHP is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 17:46   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
With these points, would really appreciate your inputs and help me in making a wise decision! Listening to my confusion and my wish list, my cousin actually suggested me to wait for the next facelift of Creta. Once again, thanks for going through this long post!
I have booked Creta SX(O) D MT in the middle of October. When I enquired about the status last week I was told that vehicle delivery will be in the first week of March. So i looked at Alcazar since the demand for that vehicle is low and one can get that car earlier. I was checking Alcazar on my own, no one from the dealership asked me to do so. I believe in your case the dealership has a vehicle in hand or they are about to be allocated one. And coming to your question, I suggest you to go for Creta. Alcazar doesn't have any major advantage over Creta. Second row is severely compromised to accommodate additional row and boot space. It gets worse when you fold the third row seats. We cannot slide the second row seats backward, hence legroom is drastically reduced and the flexibility factor is gone.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 22:25   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
Honestly, I am already in a confused state ever since I booked Creta, and every second day evaluate other vehicles and find reasons to reject them.

And now, Hyundai SA asking me to consider Alcazar.
Hi
Not sure if you have seen this thread on a similar note
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...-vs-creta.html (Hyundai Alcazar vs Creta)

Checked out both of them, leaning towards the Creta. Why ?
1. If both vehicles were available right away, which one would you buy?
2. The Alcazar felt heavier by the creta by at least 2 more people.. Like creta with 5 people in it felt like Alcazar with 3 people in it
3. Fully loaded alcazar, the last row was very very compromised, adults could sit only for free kms within city.
4. Alcazar interiors felt better and more premium, talking about the prestige variant
Am still confused

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd January 2022 at 09:13. Reason: Mod Note inline
Old 21st January 2022, 07:08   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsakarp View Post
1. If both vehicles were available right away, which one would you buy?
2. The Alcazar felt heavier by the creta by at least 2 more people.. Like creta with 5 people in it felt like Alcazar with 3 people in it
3. Fully loaded alcazar, the last row was very very compromised, adults could sit only for free kms within city.
4. Alcazar interiors felt better and more premium, talking about the prestige variant
Am still confused
Don't be so confused. If you are comfortable with the Alcazars dimensions while driving and parking ( especially at home/ building) go for the Alcazar. It's got everything from the Creta, and a bit more. Think of it as a Creta with large flexible boot and slightly higher ground clearance. In fact the 2.0 petrol would be a really nice smooth driving experience given its large engine size and ample linear power delivery. The diesel may deliver better economy ( only on sustained long highway drives).

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 21st January 2022 at 07:10.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 16:54   #1355

I have got this weird creaking noise from the rear while going on bad potholes filled road and the noise increases while the rear tyres go over the speed bumps. Cannot explain the sound (but very prominent) exactly but it’s so annoying that u cannot ignore. It’s 4 month old car with 12.5k on ODO. My 6yr old ciaz never did any kind of sound until I sold it after lovely 1lac kms.

This sound started after the second service. What should I do now? Any DIY remedies or do I have to visit the Hyundai ASS only? Normally I travel a lot (work related) and visiting the HASS itself is difficult. I am worried if they ask to leave it for couple days to resolve.
Any suggestions? And Thanks in advance!
Old 22nd January 2022, 08:36   #1356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syperam View Post
I have got this weird creaking noise from the rear while going on bad potholes filled road and the noise increases while the rear tyres go over the speed bumps.
The first gen Creta had this problem, 2 in fact. One was the lack of padding on the rear parcel shelf and the other was from the boot lock hinge.

Here's the DIY that I did which rectified the issue. See if this is what's causing the noise.
Old 24th January 2022, 23:11   #1357
BHPian

Current users in this forum, can someone please give feedback of Creta IVT in mountain driving. How is the performance/pickup going uphill and on V bends (considering fully occupied car).
Will it be preferred to use manual gear mode in case of uphill? Or Sports mode will be helpful here?
I am planning to book IVT model. Want genuine feedback from forum experts.
Old 25th January 2022, 11:23   #1358
BHPian

Last Sunday I tried hypermiling on my Creta on the Pune Solapur highway , and I'm pleased with the instantaneous FE figure I managed to achieve -21.4 KMPL ! The favouring factors - I was driving alone, no luggage in the car, tyre pressure at 32 PSI for all tyres and extensive use of cruise control at speeds of 80 - 90 kmph, and AC on at 24 ℃. There was no rush to reach Solapur so I thought why not try to extract maximum kmpl from the 1.5 L MPi, MT and it didn't disappoint. Minimum braking, smooth acceleration and upshifting at 1500 rpm is the key to do hypermiling. I'll admit, cruising at 80kph gets boring keep the party music handy ! Here's pic I managed to grab just before entering the city

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20220123_123339.jpg

At the end of the trip, odometer showed 340 kms covered and average FE of 19.8 kmpl.
Akshay6988 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 11:23   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Current users in this forum, can someone please give feedback of Creta IVT in mountain driving. How is the performance/pickup going uphill and on V bends (considering fully occupied car).
Will it be preferred to use manual gear mode in case of uphill? Or Sports mode will be helpful here?
Hello Dear, the 1.5 petrol IVT in Creta is a good engine-transmission combo. We recently drove it to Dehradun, full house with 4 adults and luggage. The car performed above our expectation and never felt underpowered while going uphill. Ofcourse it's not brisk, or as torquey as our previous generation Creta diesel AT, but it does the job fairly well (particularly in manual mode using paddle shifters) and it wouldn't disappoint you as long as you don't expect it to break speed records.

Special mention of the paddle shifters here. They come real handy in hills and quick overtakings. Two gears down and you are in the torque range which gives you that instant power when you need it the most. Again, please note that the instant power is good enough, but definitely not as good as the 1.4 turbo petrol. Using paddle shifters is way more intuitive than the gear lever as they are right on your fingers, and feel strong and sturdy. The 'Sport' mode does help and churns out the maximum power from the engine, but don't count on it for a huge difference.

Overall, this 4-cylinder NA petrol engine is a good sensible choice in today's world of over-stressed small turbo petrol engines with limited visibility on their long run reliability, and DPF equipped handicapped diesel engines with related clogging issues.
Col Mehta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 11:47   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I can not speak for the IVT transmission as mine is a manual one, but I can say the 1.5l MPi engine is a capable perfomer in steep uphills and V bends. Last month I along with my 3 buddies ( all of us having larger built, 90 - 110 kgs ) went to Monsoon Palace in Udaipur. The road is steep uphill and has about 7 - 8 V bend turns, and the car never felt underpowered going up, pick up is sufficient, just keep it in it's power band. I managed uphill climb in first, second gears mostly without breaking sweat. I frequently do Baramati Pune via Bopdev ghat, that ghat has 2 3 sharp U turns and steep gradient as well, never faced any issue with the car's performance. Hope that helps a bit.
Akshay6988 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 12:13   #1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The first gen Creta had this problem, 2 in fact. One was the lack of padding on the rear parcel shelf and the other was from the boot lock hinge.
Yes, the problem has been diagnosed and it is the boot lock hinge… The SA has given the temporary solution of wrapping it with a tape… but I have asked for a permanent fix for it. He said it’s normal for any car even after I showed my concern as it is a 3 month old car. What should I do now…?? Do I need to pressurise him for a permanent fix or shall I go on and live with this temporary tape thing. (only thing is I’m bit unhappy with the quality of a 20+ lac new car and the SA casually saying its normal for any car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here's the DIY that I did which rectified the issue. See if this is what's causing the noise.
Sorry, I cannot see any pics of your DIY you mentioned.. can you please pm me those again.. Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 13:24   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syperam View Post
Yes, the problem has been diagnosed and it is the boot lock hinge… The SA has given the temporary solution of wrapping it with a tape… but I have asked for a permanent fix for it. He said it’s normal for any car even after I showed my concern as it is a 3 month old car. What should I do now…?? Do I need to pressurise him for a permanent fix or shall I go on and live with this temporary tape thing. (only thing is I’m bit unhappy with the quality of a 20+ lac new car and the SA casually saying its normal for any car)

Sorry, I cannot see any pics of your DIY you mentioned.. can you please pm me those again.. Thanks
That's what they have been doing for the last 5-6 years. Surprised that it's still there in the 3rd model of the Creta.

See if this problem rectifies the issue (it did for me). Since this isn't visible always, I was totally fine.

Sorry, forgot to attach the link:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...el-sx-o-9.html (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 15:25   #1363

Let me first thank the moderators for admitting me to this group.

After a lot of reading, videos and reading the entire 91 pages of this forum, I booked a Creta SXO IVT couple of weeks back. My final considerations were Skoda Kushaq and Creta IVT and I decided to book Creta mostly because my wife like it more than Kushaq, specially the rear seats which she mostly uses. Another factor also was the fact that its a 4 cylinder NA engine as compared to a turbo 3 cylinder in Kushaq. The Creta, thus, seemed much more refined in driving though I must admit that Kushaq felt much more powerful (both of them are a big upgrade from my current Brio, though ).

Now the point of this post: Immediately after the booking, I came to know that Hyundai seems to have stopped the wonder warranty. Attached picture 1 is the last page of new 2022 brochure of Creta which SA has sent me while picture 2 is the photograph from the old 2021 brochure that I got from them sometime back.

Based on my driving requirements, earlier I would have been content with a 4Yr/60K or 5Yr/50K warranty. However, now I will be required to pay an additional ~25k for extended warranty of 4 years. In summary, Hyundai seems to have increased the price of car by 7K (as advertised) + ~25k.

Any recent experience from someone who has taken a delivery in 2022 will be welcome.

Name:  unlimited warranty.png
Views: 1801
Size:  24.7 KB

Name:  Wonder warranty.png
Views: 1749
Size:  38.2 KB
Old 30th January 2022, 22:29   #1364
BHPian

Hi Creta owners, I've a 2017 Creta SX+ AT-D. The car will be 5 years old in March this year so I'm planning to upgrade the ICE. Currently I'm running the stock touchscreen unit and speakers from Hyundai. We are no audio junkies and either let the FM run or run our spotify playlist when Android Auto is connected. But the laggy touchscreen grinds my gear while running Android Auto and it is impossible to navigate through anything via the screen. Add to that, the wired connectivity and frequent disconnections.

So primary on my agenda is a new Headunit. I'm looking for suggestions for Android enabled headunits that fit 2017 Creta's console and are compatible with the rear view camera functions and steering controls?

Separate from this, any suggestions on footwell LEDs and front dashcams?
Old 31st January 2022, 08:19   #1365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
So primary on my agenda is a new Headunit. I'm looking for suggestions for Android enabled headunits that fit 2017 Creta's console and are compatible with the rear view camera functions and steering controls?

Separate from this, any suggestions on footwell LEDs and front dashcams?
Am also on the same boat. My AVN is sort of dead now with reverse camera display always on. I did check out few Android based headunits last month.
I wanted to go with Pioneer/Sony but the one I saw was 7" and was too small. Plus it wasn't an Android unit but came with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Expensive as well (Around 22k).

Android based units were all Chinese and the UI was just ok. The 2gb configuration was quoted 15k and came with free camera. Surprisingly, they mentioned that the stock camera wont work with this unit.Haven't explored Pioneer/Sony Android based units as they might be expensive.

So haven't really made my decision. Do keep me updated on your purchase.

As for the dashcam, I use Aukey. Details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4554915 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks