Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 18:13   #1261
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Can we install sun shades on Creta (SX variant) front windows (similar to the ones which is provided by Hyundai on rear windows), say at the showroom/service center or third party accessories shops? I came to know that Kia offers it as accessory on Seltos so wondering.
Kia offers magnetic sunshades for the front windows (not the retractable integrated ones available on the rear door). This is similar to aftermarket options available for all variety of cars.

Retractable integrated ones are not available for front doors as front door view is supposed to be clear at all times.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 19:44   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Kia offers magnetic sunshades for the front windows (not the retractable integrated ones available on the rear door). This is similar to aftermarket options available for all variety of cars.

Retractable integrated ones are not available for front doors as front door view is supposed to be clear at all times.
Someone I know booked Seltos and the SA sold him front shade as additional accessory by mentioning that it'll be like the rear shades. Good to know the reality, will inform him so that there is no nasty surprise.
Old 11th November 2021, 08:31   #1263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys is there any way to quickly turn off the ICE display at night ? I have to go through settings and then display settings then I can press turn off display button in top right corner. Is there any way I can customize this turn off button quickly ? It's quite a task to browse through settings at night while driving.
Unfortunately no. Previous gen Creta got a dedicated button to turn off the display.

Quote:
Can we install sun shades on Creta (SX variant) front windows (similar to the ones which is provided by Hyundai on rear windows), say at the showroom/service center or third party accessories shops? I came to know that Kia offers it as accessory on Seltos so wondering.
You even get retractable sun shades outside but looks clumsy. Better to get magnetic sun shades. Does the job well.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 15:52   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Guys is there any way to quickly turn off the ICE display at night ? I have to go through settings and then display settings then I can press turn off display button in top right corner. Is there any way I can customize this turn off button quickly ? It's quite a task to browse through settings at night while driving.
If you push and hold the power button for few seconds it turns off the ICE display and brings up screen saver, is this what you are looking for?

Last edited by autocool : 11th November 2021 at 16:03. Reason: Corrected for better clarity
autocool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 22:08   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
I also found that the “Display off” button is visible at top right corner when you click the “Setup” physical button. You don’t have to navigate through menus thus way. Hope this helps!
autocool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 16:36   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks - Did the final invoice shared by the dealer mention road tax, registration, TCS tax etc or just the ex showroom price? I received invoice with just the ex showroom price mentioned. I have taken return to invoice insurance add on so it makes me wonder whether it will cover road tax/registration charges if it is not mentioned on my invoice. As per insurance company, all the things mentioned on invoice is honoured so I am a bit concerned with this situation. If any insights, please share. Note that dealer has shared a separate RTO receipt for the taxes paid. No receipt for FASTag charges or RTO handling charges.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 16th November 2021 at 16:42.
Old 16th November 2021, 19:25   #1267
BHPian

Folks,

What is the present waiting period for Creta in Hyderabad as well as in other cities? Just asking because we are considering the Creta SX(O) Diesel AT as the replacement for our Innova.

Last I heard from the local dealership in Hyderabad that the waiting period is around 6-8 months and as per them, the bookings for Creta has been stopped till Jan 2022 due to the present issues the manufacturer is facing.
Old 16th November 2021, 20:08   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
If you push and hold the power button for few seconds it turns off the ICE display and brings up screen saver, is this what you are looking for?
Thanks for the help, but when I did this, the ICE turned off, maybe I forgot to hold the button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Unfortunately no. Previous gen Creta got a dedicated button to turn off the display.
Quote:
I also found that the “Display off” button is visible at top right corner when you click the “Setup” physical button. You don’t have to navigate through menus thus way. Hope this helps!
The star button is customizable I guess. I had it customized long back but forgot about it.
It turns off screen and shows the digital clock as screensaver. Should have been complete off or the clock could have been in digits only, as even the present screensaver is distracting for me !
Old 16th November 2021, 20:45   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks - Did the final invoice shared by the dealer mention road tax, registration
Same as you. The final invoice only shows the ex-showroom price, but I received receipts for all the other charges including Fastag and TCS payments.

In my understanding, Return to Invoice will only cover the invoice value and you have to separately claim the road tax refund from the RTO in an event of a total loss.
Old 17th November 2021, 07:45   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same as you. The final invoice only shows the ex-showroom price, but I received receipts for all the other charges including Fastag and TCS payments.

In my understanding, Return to Invoice will only cover the invoice value and you have to separately claim the road tax refund from the RTO in an event of a total loss.
I had long discussion with insurance customer care before the purchase and they mentioned that the on road price is covered in the RTI add on. As per them, all items mentioned on invoice (which is ex showroom plus taxes/charges paid which sums up to the on road price) are covered. At that time I did not have final invoice so this issue did not cross my mind. Now if the invoice only mentions ex showroom then the RTI cover is almost useless as the IDV is close to (90-95%) ex showroom for a brand new vehicle
Old 17th November 2021, 08:29   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks - Did the final invoice shared by the dealer mention road tax, registration, TCS tax etc or just the ex showroom price? ... No receipt for FASTag charges or RTO handling charges.
You took the insurance from the dealership or outside on your own? Also, isn't charging handling charges illegal?
Old 17th November 2021, 09:29   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
I had long discussion with insurance customer care before the purchase and they mentioned that the on road price is covered in the RTI add on. As per them, all items mentioned on invoice (which is ex showroom plus taxes/charges paid which sums up to the on road price) are covered.
I just looked up more on this and my earlier statement is perhaps wrong, you are right, RTI does indeed cover the gap between IDV and on road cost of the vehicle including registration and other applicable taxes.

Reference link - https://www.hdfcergo.com/blogs/car-i...cover-in-brief

I suggest - clarify once more with your Insurance company, you are probably covered as long as you hold the necessary receipts.
Old 17th November 2021, 09:44   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
You took the insurance from the dealership or outside on your own? Also, isn't charging handling charges illegal?
Had a tough battle with the dealer to buy insurance on my own as he was not willing to negotiate on the quote. He also did not have add-on other than zero dep. Finally went on my own which saved me cool 30k along with the extra add ons. It is a story for some other day how the SA went out of his way to find faults with the insurance papers which I had to escalate with the dealership. But all's well that ends well. I let it go for the RTO charges as I had a time line to meet for delivery and did not want any surprises.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th November 2021 at 09:48.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 12:15   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Here is another query. Excuse me for back to back post but unable to edit my previous post.

My car was registered at Bangalore East RTO (KA-03) on 7-Oct and the RC status on Parivahan portal shows RC generated on 9-Nov. There is no courier details available. Does it mean RC is already printed and posted to me or I need to wait till the status shows dispatched or courier info is mentioned ?

Anyone who is in similar situation received the card already?

Couple of years ago, I had issues receiving the DL by post after renewal and that's why hoping to get the RC card without hiccups this time.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th November 2021 at 12:21.
Old 17th November 2021, 18:25   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anyone who is in similar situation received the card already?

Never mind. I just got the RC card by speed post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks