Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 15:58   #1216
sbm
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Some Updates

Voice commands are part of Hyundai’s Bluelink and SX Executive does not get the same. Frankly, the novelty of voice command goes away in few days as there are only a fixed set of commands (unlike Google Assistant / Siri / Alexa) and it requires Bluelink to be connected to the server (it does not work offline / with no signal / weak signal). I only use voice commands for setting navigation which works well for famous landmarks only.
Thanks HP-BHP for such an informative post. Do these Blaupunkt/nippon infotainment systems atleast support Google assistant? I think they are like tabs and we have to sign into the just like we do in our phones. So one should be able to summon Google assistant via a button or by saying 'ok google' right?
As we know, the Blue-link in not very effective and users report high failure rate in following commands. If these aftermarket infotainment systems in Sx exec are properly installed and have features like google assistant and screen mirroring, it may be blessing in disguise to have this variant. Although I still believe that any these systems appear to be a downgrade from S, EX model systems

Last edited by sbm : 20th October 2021 at 16:21.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 13:41   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting period is the same as before for SX(O) i.e. around 8 months. SX Executive is the fastest which can be delivered (in around 2 months).
Nimbus Hyundai, Noida has given me 8~10 months in written for SX executive Pet(booked last week). Is it really 2 months now? Pls DM me the SA's number.
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:33   #1218
Senior - BHPian

My insurance company is providing a complimentary GPS tracker. I want to understand if there is any issue with car warranty if tracker is installed. Has anyone installed such device on their Creta? Any piece of advice?
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:34   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Nimbus Hyundai, Noida has given me 8~10 months in written for SX executive Pet(booked last week). Is it really 2 months now? Pls DM me the SA's number.
Buzz on Facebook Creta group is that Hyundai has temporarily stopped production of all Creta variants till January owing to chip shortage. As a result all variants have gone up by 8 to 10 months.
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 08:02   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta Facelift - New TVC released in Russia

nairrk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:22   #1221

Thanks HP-BHP for a detailed post.

Quote:
Some Updates

Service Advisor pitched the Teflon Coating & Underbody Anti Rust Coating package.
I am finally scheduled for final delivery by Tomorrow or Monday

The SA is pushing for the same, I did have the underbody coat on my current car, so will end up getting that during first service. But not sure on the teflon coating and some engine coating that SA is trying to sell for @ 11K. Any thoughts?

The other item on my list is anti-glare film on the front windshield, the dealer has a unheard brand "global" that he claims in anti glare, I could not find any 3M product either. Has anyone got this film? Does it make sense to get it, The cost is @3.5K
amolout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 15:30   #1222
BHPian

I completed my Creta 1.5 NA Petrol’s 20000 km service today. Here are the details:

Total Cost: INR 2360
Serviced parts:
Air filter replaced
Oil filter replaced
Mineral engine oil added

Additionally, driver side power window switch panel replaced under warranty since I reported the problem of power window getting stuck sometimes. SA diagnosed and replaced the same under warranty.

Also, I’ve used mineral oil this time since SA suggested that it is fine to use mineral oil if the car is well maintained and serviced regularly.

SA Yashwant of Novelty Hyundai, GT Road, Amritsar was very helpful and professional. He was fair and did not push for any unnecessary expenditure.

Last edited by sarav100 : 23rd October 2021 at 15:33. Reason: SA details added
sarav100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:34   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
I never received any booking ID, its been 2 months since my booking. In the mean time, the delivery estimate was increased by 3 months by the dealer and Hyundai increased the price once....... I am super close to cancelling my booking now after going through this ordeal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Forgot to add, that I followed up with the SA twice to share the booking ID, which he did on my 3rd follow up but given the above posts .......... I haven't received any SMS from Hyundai.
Quote:
This is ridiculous! The dealer is taking you for ride......
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Even I had not received any SMS from Hyundai.....
Finally after waiting 3 months, no booking confirmation from Hyundai (though dealer said its booked), 1 price hike, increase in waiting period from the original commitment, insurance-warranty hassle with dealer, no response from other 3 dealers, I decided to cancel my Creta SX (O) Diesel AT booking. The dealer immediately offered me Alcazar - 3 variants in stock (1 petrol & 2 diesel) - one of them even allocated to other customer who was making finance arrangements. I tricked the dealer that these Alcazars are not in a color of my choice so what will be waiting period for one with my choice of color? 1 month - pat came the reply. He even offered me Verna and i20 within 1 month of booking. This led me to think if the chip shortage affected Alcazar, Verna, i20 at all. (Is it an intentional/malicious move?) Don't know the answer to that question. But Hyundai and the dealers are benefitting from customers who agree to upgrade from Creta to Alcazar to avoid waiting longer.

Anyways, after 7 to 8 follow ups to return the booking amount, the dealer finally handed me the cheque yesterday. In the meantime, I booked Honda City ZX CVT and it was delivered 2 weeks back. I'm LOVIN' IT! Glad the search is finally over. I will update my experience soon on the thread I started - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ta-seltos.html (Upgrading from a Tata Zest - City or Creta or Seltos?)

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 23rd October 2021 at 16:36. Reason: Additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 08:22   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Am sorry Hyundai, what's new here?

I was checking the date to see if it was an old video.
Old 24th October 2021, 08:30   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
I completed my Creta 1.5 NA Petrol’s 20000 km service today. Here are the details:

Total Cost: INR 2360
Serviced parts:
Air filter replaced
Oil filter replaced
Mineral engine oil added

Additionally, driver side power window switch panel replaced under warranty since I reported the problem of power window getting stuck sometimes. SA diagnosed and replaced the same under warranty.

Also, I’ve used mineral oil this time since SA suggested that it is fine to use mineral oil if the car is well maintained and serviced regularly.

SA Yashwant of Novelty Hyundai, GT Road, Amritsar was very helpful and professional. He was fair and did not push for any unnecessary expenditure.
Here’s the details of the service and repair order:

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-6c5dcd5d06d04620897340c033fe2499.jpeg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-6042fc68f64a4ab6aa8decadfc6289d5.jpeg
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 15:02   #1226
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

Hope they shuffle the features and provide basic things like Auto IRVM & Auto folding ORVM in lower models and don't restrict those delicious diamond cut alloys wheels only to the SX(O) model. In the wake of new launches in the segment, this facelift is a good opportunity provide more VFM features and nip the competition in the bud. What do you guys think about this?
Old 24th October 2021, 16:39   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hope they shuffle the features and provide basic things like Auto IRVM & Auto folding ORVM in lower models and don't restrict those delicious diamond cut alloys wheels only to the SX(O) model. In the wake of new launches in the segment, this facelift is a good opportunity provide more VFM features and nip the competition in the bud. What do you guys think about this?
If they provide these is features then who will buy top end jokes apart, I guess the feature spread across variant is deliberate so as to entice customers towards higher versions. There will always be something or the other "missing"!
Old 24th October 2021, 17:53   #1228
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
If they provide these is features then who will buy top end jokes apart, I guess the feature spread across variant is deliberate so as to entice customers towards higher versions. There will always be something or the other "missing"!
Yes I totally agree, but omissions like power folding ORVMs on S model and Auto IRVM even on SX, seem to be too cheap. I Hope they alteast add a few more goodies to the S model even if they hike a price a little bit.
Old 25th October 2021, 05:37   #1229
sbm
BHPian

Any SX executive customers who have fitted aftermarket music systems? We already know that the nippon info unit provided by the dealer is just an android tab with 2gb/16gb config and they might not be able to perform well in long term. Have any of you guys installed an aftermarket unit in their SX executive Creta? If yes, what brand and do they require any wiring modification?
Old 25th October 2021, 11:12   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Question for the Bangalore folks. I got delivery of Creta earlier this month and dealer informed that the RC smart card would be mailed to me directly from RTO within 45-60 days. Is that how it works? I was under the impression that dealer collects the RC card and we can collect from showroom. Hope the mail system works alright as I did not have good experience with this postage thing from RTO for my DL. I had to follow up and then finally collected it myself from the RTO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks