Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 13:12   #1096
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Got a call from my dealer today. The SA said Hyundai is planning for a bumper allocation from Navratri to Diwali, so will mostly get delivery of my SX(O) IVT then. He specifically mentioned that they have been instructed to inform all customers and apologize for the delay. I am guessing this is just to soothe customers so they don't switch to competition.

P.s. In other news, I am awaiting the launch of the XUV 700. Going by the reviews, it should be good. Yet to take a call, but if all goes well and XUV 700 delivery wouldn't take much time, will then cancel my Creta booking. Not sure yet.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:32   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Got a call from my dealer today. The SA said Hyundai is planning for a bumper allocation from Navratri to Diwali, so will mostly get delivery of my SX(O) IVT then. He specifically mentioned that they have been instructed to inform all customers and apologize for the delay. I am guessing this is just to soothe customers so they don't switch to competition.

P.s. In other news, I am awaiting the launch of the XUV 700. Going by the reviews, it should be good. Yet to take a call, but if all goes well and XUV 700 delivery wouldn't take much time, will then cancel my Creta booking. Not sure yet.

You are lucky to get a call from dealer with useful info My dealer in Bangalore is still clueless and has the same answer "no update"
This is my 7th month in waiting!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st September 2021 at 14:35.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:48   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
You are lucky to get a call from dealer with useful info My dealer in Bangalore is still clueless and has the same answer "no update"
This is my 7th month in waiting!
I am also taking this information with a pinch of salt. Waiting for long periods and suffering from successive price hikes is very annoying
Old 21st September 2021, 15:59   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Hello All, I am looking for floor mat recommendation for Creta, can you suggest if you found it serving its purpose? I presently have the mats from Mobis installed during delivery, but I find it woefully small and all the dust goes to the floor. I would prefer a full mat which will cover the entire floor rather than small mats. Recommendations welcome! Thank you!
I am using 5D mats given by the dealer for Rs. 3000. I guess it’s mentioned as Full Floor Mats on Mobis website. The mat looks good, fits perfectly (though it covers the fuel lid button a bit) and due to it’s shape on the edges all the dust accumulated stays inside the mat.

Quote:
This is exactly what my dealer also told me that while this month the allocation is not that great but for the next month they are expecting bumper allocation (I think this is the keyword given by the Hyundai team to their dealers). Last year Hyundai churned out 14K Creta during the Navratri – Diwali month and I think they will surpass this number this time around since they are regularly churning 12-13K units per month. The only difference here is that this time they also have Alcazar (which is doing 3K units per month) so that would be an additional stretch.

For XUV 700 the key is to get in the first batch of 10,000 registrations as only those many numbers are expected to be shipped quickly (based on various sources). Many people have already done unofficial booking with their dealers and dealers have promised to do the booking on behalf of the customer the day bookings get opened.

Personally, I would never plan (or recommend anyone) to take a plunge on any Mahindra and Tata vehicle (or even the German twins for that matter) for the initial six months as there are too many niggles to be sorted out in the initial 4 – 5 months.
HP-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 16:02   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
I was asked by my sales rep to send him a message saying that I am aware of the delays in deliveries due to the global semiconductor shortage and that I am willing to wait for my delivery. He mentioned that production for both the Creta and Alcazar are being slowed down due to the shortage. Don't really know what to believe any more but I've got no option but to wait as of now.
Old 21st September 2021, 18:13   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Personally, I would never plan (or recommend anyone) to take a plunge on any Mahindra and Tata vehicle (or even the German twins for that matter) for the initial six months as there are too many niggles to be sorted out in the initial 4 – 5 months.
This is exactly why I am not able to make up my mind. Have never been a fan of Tata and Mahindra to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I was asked by my sales rep to send him a message saying that I am aware of the delays in deliveries due to the global semiconductor shortage and that I am willing to wait for my delivery. He mentioned that production for both the Creta and Alcazar are being slowed down due to the shortage. Don't really know what to believe any more but I've got no option but to wait as of now.
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT send him any such message. Anything like this established in writing will just add to your woes later. By the way, it's extremely unethical that the dealer is asking a customer to give such an undertaking. You should write to Hyundai and escalate this.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 18:22   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I asked my dealer to send me email about the delay and he was happy to do that. It is now a known fact countrywide that semi conductor issue is causing delay for almost all OEMs. Not sure what your SA is trying to achieve here.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 12:19   #1103
BHPian

Has any member gotten Creta SX Executive recently?
I want to know which infotainment system have you installed from Hyundai accessories(or after-market) and does it reflect vehicle settings as well (like in SX(O) )or is it an audio player with Bluetooth and navigation only? And how does it look? Images will be super helpful
I cant find the same spec infotainment as SX(O) online or at Hyundai dealership. Online search shows that Nippon/Blaupunkt systems that Hyundai is proving as as accessory option dont really gel with the interiors the same way that SX(O) or even EX/S variant infotainment does. I really dont want SX to feel like base variant with after-market infotainment system.
Let me know so that I can decide between S Pet & SX Exe Pet.

TIA
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:10   #1104

Hello,

Took delivery of my Hyundai (Diesel SX(0) AT on 19th Sep 2021...absolutely loving it. I am lucky to get the delivery in less than a month from the time I booked.

One issue is the wireless charging is NOT working. Mine is an Iphone 11 which has wireless charging. I did not check it when taking delivery. Though its not a big deal, its supposed to be there but not working.

Any Creta owners with wireless charging feature, is there a trick I am missing? The people in the dealership and the service center are clueless about this. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this
Old 22nd September 2021, 20:19   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaboy View Post
Hello,

One issue is the wireless charging is NOT working.
Can you confirm if 'wireless charging' is enabled inside settings in your touchscreen.
Old 22nd September 2021, 22:27   #1106

Yes....it is enabled (Settings>Vehicle> Convenience) Wireless charging enabled is Checked.
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:17   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Any 2020 or early 2021 EX/S owner has managed to get wireless android auto working with new software update? Or is the hardware only found in the latest batches for it?
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:32   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Has any member gotten Creta SX Executive recently? I want to know which infotainment system have you installed from Hyundai accessories(or after-market) and does it reflect vehicle settings as well (like in SX(O) )or is it an audio player with Bluetooth and navigation only? And how does it look? Images will be super helpful. I cant find the same spec infotainment as SX(O) online or at Hyundai dealership. Online search shows that Nippon/Blaupunkt systems that Hyundai is proving as as accessory option dont really gel with the interiors the same way that SX(O) or even EX/S variant infotainment does. I really dont want SX to feel like base variant with after-market infotainment system.
Let me know so that I can decide between S Pet & SX Exe Pet.
TIA
Though I don’t have SX Executive, but I have seen multiple SX Executive with AVN fitment by the dealer. Please note the following:
  • Usually dealers are offering Nippon / Blaupunkt. Both are normal AVN units with Bluetooth, Maps, Android Auto/Apple Play functionality.
  • Vehicle setting is not available on the AVN. Android based AVN do integrate with few of the things but its not comparable with what OEM AVN unit offer.
  • Installation is something which is specific to the installer. At least, from look and feel perspective, the installation looks pretty neat (atleast during the time of delivery). Almost all these units come with car specific dashboard attachments so they look well integrated but again it’s not as flush as OEM AVN unit (but it’s acceptable for sure).
  • Long term reliability of aftermarket units is a gamble but so it the OEM units. Only things is that OEM units are covered by the manufacturer for a longer timeframe (or atleast that’s what I know – correct me if I am wrong).

Quote:
Hello, Took delivery of my Hyundai (Diesel SX(0) AT on 19th Sep 2021...absolutely loving it. I am lucky to get the delivery in less than a month from the time I booked. One issue is the wireless charging is NOT working. Mine is an Iphone 11 which has wireless charging. I did not check it when taking delivery. Though its not a big deal, its supposed to be there but not working.
Any Creta owners with wireless charging feature, is there a trick I am missing? The people in the dealership and the service center are clueless about this. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this
Congrats Balaboy on your new car. You are indeed very lucky. Touchwood. Wish you a wonderful and trouble-free ownership experience. Since you have already confirmed that you have enabled it in the setting, I would suggest checking it with some other mobile device once to check if the wireless charging is working fine.

I am using wireless charging on my Galaxy S mobile and it works flawlessly. I am actually surprised by the practicality it offers. Frankly, I use to think that wireless charging is a gimmick and is of no use but it works as intended. The only thing missing is wireless Android Auto / Apple Car Play. The system would be perfect if it was supported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Any 2020 or early 2021 EX/S owner has managed to get wireless android auto working with new software update? Or is the hardware only found in the latest batches for it?
It’s a hardware feature only in the EX/S variants manufactured after 1st July 2021 and it cannot be activated with a new software update.

Quote:
This is exactly why I am not able to make up my mind. Have never been a fan of Tata and Mahindra to begin with.
Since your delivery is hopefully near I would suggest you stick to Creta. Jumping to the newer products that can again potentially have a longer waiting period is a strict no–no. Also, I feel that Mahindra is using too many new technologies in a new product and it would be a gamble (which can definitely turn out a big hit or a bigger miss) from an ownership perspective.

Quote:
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT send him any such message. Anything like this established in writing will just add to your woes later. By the way, it's extremely unethical that the dealer is asking a customer to give such an undertaking. You should write to Hyundai and escalate this.
I completely agree. Do not say any such thing to the dealer. Ask the dealer to send you a mail asking for the same looping in the Hyundai team. Delays due to semiconductor shortage is a known thing to everyone. Why should the customer give any such undertaking?
HP-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:46   #1109

Hello Friends, first post on this forum after being a passive reader & consumer for over 10 years.

Quote:
Hello,

Took delivery of my Hyundai (Diesel SX(0) AT on 19th Sep 2021...absolutely loving it. I am lucky to get the delivery in less than a month from the time I booked.

One issue is the wireless charging is NOT working. Mine is an Iphone 11 which has wireless charging. I did not check it when taking delivery. Though its not a big deal, its supposed to be there but not working.

Wow, such a short wait time is unheard of in recent times! Who was your dealer? I booked the Diesel SX (O) AT this week with Advaith Residency road (over the phone & didn't go there myself) via an old contact I had when I bought my i20 P in 2011. Senior guy & all SAs look up to him there. Lets see if he can do some magic. Enthusiasm however was low when I said the purchase will be via Company Car Lease program.

I am in no hurry for the car & will not put them under pressure except for a bi-weekly follow-up. I work in supply chain & I am seeing the pain with my own eyes that every step in the manufacturing value stream is undergoing with the chip & semicon shortage. I am paying sky high prices (10x in some cases) & premium shipment for components + their assemblies just to keep our lines fed. No wonder the waiting times are high across the board.

I am resigned to the fact that a new price hike is headed our way immediately after the Dasara / Deepawali rush.
suddensandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:55   #1110

Yes. I guess I was lucky. But i was told by one of the sales guys that if you trade in the old car and also are ready to pay the remaining amount (loan or self funded) immediately, they allocate it fast. Its a bit unfair for other who are in queue. Also, I am a cry baby and the showroom is just 10 mins away, so that helped a bit I think
Balaboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks