Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 22:39   #976
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Thank you so much. Having been addicted to Google maps for a long time, I would have taken forever to figure this out!
Old 6th August 2021, 13:48   #977
BHPian

My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida (long post)

So yesterday, my lid blew off while talking to my Sales Advisor and GM Sales at Capital Hyundai. I am usually don’t lose my cool easily (touchwood) but yesterday I was furious. As some of you might have noticed in my earlier “cry baby” posts regarding the exceptional delay in getting the delivery of Creta SX(O) IVT. I booked my car on 2nd Jan 2021 and till date, there is no news regarding the allotment of the car.

I was promised delivery in the month of July (with dealer’s 101% confidence level in June end, 90% confidence level in the first of July and 0% confidence by mid-July). Then it was told to me that 101% delivery would be done in Aug 2021. Yesterday evening, I understood from the tone of my SA that he is clueless if something is going to happen even this month. Then I spoke to GM Sales of the dealer and he said that he is not sure as due to the semiconductor shortage/chip issue the production is very low for SX(O) IVT. With no other option left, I raised a complaint to Hyundai Customer Care.

The representative on the call said that there is no issue of any sort of shortage!!! He tried taking Regional Office Hyundai on call as well as GM Sales of the dealer on call but there was no response. He finally (with a lot of reluctance) raised the complaint (he wanted to raise the issue as a concern rather than a complaint). I asked for the email id of the concerned people in the regional or zonal office so I can drop a mail but he mentioned sending the mail to crsales@hmil.net as he doesn’t have any other email address.

After the complaint (I raised it around 6:30 PM), I got a call from the dealer’s CRM team (which I missed) as my phone was on silent. Since I was extremely annoyed, I wrote a rather long complaint mail to all the concerns (thanks to Team-BHP for having email ids across various threads). The dealer CRM team called again today morning and I told the executive (I have spoken to her multiple times earlier also) about my concerns and she said that she will get back to me. Of course she was not happy that I raised the complaint.

I am attaching the mail for everyone’s reference. (I have hidden the personally identifiable information for both all the concerned parties for ensuring privacy). I am really not sure if I have overreacted or have been harsh but frankly, this whole issue has left a very bitter experience for me as there are no timelines or transparency or value of commitment in the whole sales process. We all face issues with our commitments at some point in our life but the whole thing could have been handled better without creating anxiety for the customer as well as for the other people involved.

I need advice from the Team-BHP community if I took the right step by raising the complaint, am I overreacting to this, and what should I do next. Frankly, I don’t even want to follow up anymore and spoil my mood as well as the day of someone at the sales team of the dealer .

Some excerpts from the mail (in case you are not interested in going through my long email):

Quote:
I booked a Creta SX(O) IVT - Phantom Black on 2nd Jan 2021 and below are the details of my nightmare which I have been forced to live with:
  • Date of Booking: 2nd Jan 2021
  • Booked At: Capital Hyundai, Noida
  • City: Noida
  • Booking Reference Number: B202126130
  • Complaint Raised On: 5th Aug 2021
  • Complain Reference Number: 1-4228489693
  • Car Model: Creta
  • Variant: SX(O) IVT
  • Colour: Phantom Black
  • Booking Amount: Rs. 25,000
  • Promised Delivery Time Frame (at the time of booking): Verbally 3 to 4 months and in writing 5 - 6 months (as per booking docket)
  • Waiting Timeline: 7 Months and 3 Days (and counting)
  • Expected Delivered Date: Not Known By Anyone. It's a mystery.
Quote:
I have been in touch with the Capital Hyundai team since March 2021. I have been getting the assurance since June 2021 that the vehicle will be delivered as soon as possible. Since delivery was not happening in June it was told to me that delivery be done in July 2021 and allocation will happen in the first week of July 2021. Based on this I got the loan processed which is ready for disbursal. The timeline then moved to 15th July for allocation and finally, it was pushed to Aug 2021 since no SX(O) IVT was allocated to Capital Hyundai in July 2021.

The story is going on the same trajectory for Aug also i.e. allocation will happen in the first week of Aug 2021 (which is going on) but as of date, no SX(O) IVT has been allocated to Capital Hyundai. I have been told that the semiconductor shortage (chip) is the reason for the short supply from the Hyundai side. While I know that semi-conductor shortage is a global phenomenon affecting all the manufacturers but with no certainty of delivery timelines, zero transparency, zero value to the commitment from the side of Hyundai and Capital Hyundai, I feel sorry to say that I have been part of the Hyundai family for more than 9 years.
Quote:
As per the sales data provided by Hyundai, over 81,000 Cretas have been delivered since Jan 2021 and 13,000 Cretas were delivered within July 2021 but with all these astronomical sales figures, I fail to understand how come Hyundai is not able to deliver a car that has been booked on the 1st working day on the year.
Quote:
Since now I have zero expectations from the Hyundai team that's why I am not asking about what you can do but I would like to know from Hyundai and Capital Hyundai team that what options do I have now:
  • Option 1: Should I go for cancellation (which would be a forced cancellation as Hyundai is non-commital about delivery and is not able to deliver their promise) after waiting for so many months. When Hyundai is not able to deliver the product at the time of sales then what kind of commitment will team Hyundai give after-sales? Will you be able to supply spares or even that will take so much effort and follow-up?
  • Option 2: Should I book a car with some other dealer who is promising earlier delivery? As the Hyundai team, you need to accept the fact that there is zero transparency in your vehicle sales process. I fail to understand how come Capital Hyundai is not able to deliver the car but other dealers are not only promising early delivery but they have delivered cars far more quickly than Capital Hyundai. I am not sure but does Hyundai have some issues with Capital Hyundai? Probably due to this allocation is not happening or there is some other expectation you have from me as a customer? If this is an issue you please tell this transparently.
  • Since we are on the topic of other expectations by dealers (I am not quoting Capital Hyundai here), I hope you know that your dealers are openly overcharging customers while booking (with inflated insurance quotes, mandatory accessories, mandatory anti-rust and teflon coating, cash transactions etc.) and customers who do pay for these things do get their car quickly. I am a member of Team-BHP forum and we keep on reading about such experiences of multiple Hyundai customers. If that is the expectation and practice at Hyundai then tell that clearly to me. The ex-showroom car prices have already been increased by Rs. 56,100 since I booked the car (I booked it at ex-showroom Rs. 16,25,900 and right now after the fourth hike it's standing at Rs. 16,82,000). If there are some unofficial expectations then please communicate them clearly.
  • Option 3: Should I book another car from some other manufacturer who values commitment? I feel I did a mistake to go for Hyundai. If you don't value your commitments then what should I expect from you? Who wait for 8 months for a car and still there is no certainty of delivery.
  • Option 4: Should I keep on waiting for eternity as I have been waiting for past so many months? With no certainty of delivery timelines, zero transparency, zero value to commitments what do you expect me to do now?
Note To Mods: In case the post seems irrelevant, out of place/context then please feel free to remove/move it.
HP-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 23:12   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post

My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida

[/b]
Really sad to hear about the ordeal you are facing. Long waiting period really does kill the joy of getting a new car. After waiting for 4 months for Creta, I went with Alcazar just because of the early delivery. I would suggest you to contact dealers in tier 3 cities as all dealerships get almost same numbers of car allotted and these dealerships can help in early delivery. After waiting for 4 months, I was really annoyed and wanted to get the car as early as possible, I sat down with my sister and after making around 20 calls to dealerships in Delhi, NCR and Haryana I got a dealer who had ready stock of the car. I myself traveled 60-70 kms from Delhi to Rewari. With Creta selling like a hot shot the dealerships have stopped caring about customers. Customers showing interest in i20 get much more attention than the ones buying Creta, the response from dealerships when you enquire about Creta is directly, "Sir you will have to wait for a minimum of 5-6 months. "

I hope you get the car as early as possible. All the best.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 02:44   #979
BHPian

Quote:

My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida.

It's really quite appalling to read about your ordeal. The least that the dealer and Hyundai can do is be more transparent in communicating clear timelines. Frankly speaking, they just don't care about escalations and complaints, you'll keep talking in circles most of the time. Would advise you to start posting your grievances via social media and go ballistic there. Many people I know have received their deliveries in barely 3 months! Not sure what modus operandi these dealers are employing here. "Daal mein kuch kaala zaroor hai!"

I was quoted 5-6 months when I booked in Mumbai, but subsequently they verbally said 3-4 months since there are no loan formalities, etc. On my part, I take such assurances with a pinch of salt, considering the ordeal that everyone around is going through while waiting for their deliveries.

Do check out Alcazar if that works for you and fits your requirements, without stretching your budget too much. I was told by the dealer to check it out atleast a million times since it's available for ready delivery blah blah (almost as if they didn't want to sell the Creta!) but Alcazar just isn't the right fit for me at this juncture, hence had no option.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 06:18   #980
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you got for another dealer and cancel the booking taking back the amount? Better still, why don't you go for any another car? I am a Creta owner myself but honestly speaking there is NO car out there that is worth worth waiting for more than 3- 4 months. You spend money to enjoy driving, not waiting.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 07:09   #981
Senior - BHPian

Contact all the dealers in the city. I have come to understand that some dealers/ sales executives are able to get the vehicle quickly.

I was waiting for a long time with a dealer in Bangalore and they communicated that there would be further delay from the earlier commitment, which I got a feeling as end of year atleast. Changing the variant sometime back added further to the delay.

I contacted sales executive of another dealer through a reference and got vehicle in 2 weeks. I had to buy insurance from dealer, but they gave discount on the same and is assisting me in transferring no claim bonus. Had to pay some amount in advance which was fine with me.

So do not spoil your peace of mind just for a vehicle delivery. Look at other dealers or even other vehicles across segments. All the best.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 7th August 2021 at 07:16.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 08:48   #982

Quote:

My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida (long post)

[/b]
I logged in today thinking on the same lines @ posting/ inquiring (before I read the post)

I am in the same boat (Haven't blew my lid off yet, though), booked SX-IVT on 26-Feb, SA committed 50% probability in June, then 100% in July and now 101% in August....yesterday he said he'll confirm the allotment next week....I have zero confidence...have heard the same reasons as you.

Has anyone received allotment confirmation for August?

@HP-BHP can you please DM the email contacts for HMIL for me to raise this as well? I have suspicion that the dealer is selling allotted vehicles to people ready to pay more as mentioned in few earlier posts.
amolout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 09:06   #983
Senior - BHPian

I see many of us are in the same boat of long waitlist and it is frustrating. Similar to the experience shared by some folks here, I also enquired with other dealers in town for faster delivery. Here is what I found so sharing here before you cancel current booking and jump to another dealer. The waiting list is for 1.5 Petrol IVT models (both SX and SX(O). Every dealer I called couldn't commit to delivery before 4-5 months (in best case 3-4 months if there is no loan or if we can get loan approval done in favor of the dealer in advance). In all cases, they offered me faster delivery if I opt for 1.4DCT or newly launched SX(executive) or even Diesel models. In fact one SA called me back on the same day and mentioned that they have one DCT model ready for delivery if I want. These models do not fit my requirements so I gave it a pass. Even my current dealer told me the same thing. So bottomline is that if you have booked IVT models, there is indeed long waitlist so be patient. Of course if you know someone higher up for influence, it can be a different story. Thought to share what I found out

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th August 2021 at 09:15.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 16:46   #984
Senior - BHPian

I heard that Hyundai has added new features like remote engine start, new voice commands etc to the SX (IVT) model. Is the model with these new features already released. If not, any idea when it is expected?
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 19:33   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I heard that Hyundai has added new features like remote engine start, new voice commands etc to the SX (IVT) model. Is the model with these new features already released. If not, any idea when it is expected?
Yes, these are part of the 2021 manufactured models.
Old 7th August 2021, 20:15   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Yes, these are part of the 2021 manufactured models.
Weren't these features announced only recently? One of my friends who is about to get delivery was informed that his car won't have these features and they don't know yet when updated model would be available.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th August 2021 at 20:45.
Old 7th August 2021, 23:26   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Weren't these features announced only recently? One of my friends who is about to get delivery was informed that his car won't have these features and they don't know yet when updated model would be available.
That's weird. I know some people in my circle who got deliveries from May onwards, their models have these features. Also, I checked with my dealer, they said these features are present in all vehicles manufactured from the beginning of 2021. Please ask your friends to check with senior people from Hyundai if the dealer is feigning ignorance.
Old 8th August 2021, 01:46   #988
BHPian

Interim Update | My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida

Would like to thank all of you for your support and response to my post. While there is no positive or substantial update on this issue but the most appealing thing is that there is absolutely no response from Hyundai!!! Not even an automated acknowledgement to my email!! (yes, I checked my spam mail as well as I rechecked the email id where I sent the mail). When I lodged the complaint it was told to me that I will get a response in 48 hrs (which passed today evening) but that did not happen.

I called up the customer care again today morning (before the completion of 48 hrs window) and the lady on the call said “sir you did got the call from the dealer. What else do you want?” I told her that “I just need my car or a firm timeline. I have been talking to my dealer every other day and I need an answer from Hyundai”. After my insistence, she tried taking Hyundai Regional office on call but again no one picked up the call (the same thing happened on Thursday (5th Aug) when I raised my complaint. She said that probably since it's Saturday so they might not be working (and I agree that it is a possibility) but it’s surprising that in past two days no one from the Hyundai team had the time and courtesy to call or acknowledge the complaint. Anyways, she said that she will arrange a call back from Hyundai on Monday (which I feel will not happen).

I am really surprised by the attitude of Hyundai. My mail is marked to at least 6 email id’s of Hyundai (apart from their generic sales id) and the mail did go as my dealer received it but no acknowledgement is the first sign that the company does not give a damn about the customer. I don’t know if it’s “ignoring customers is business as usual for Hyundai” or it’s just another strike off my continued bad luck with Hyundai.

Anyways, as the next step, I called my Sales Advisor. Have spoken to him and he did not have much to say apart from acknowledging that he has seen the email and as of now there is no allocation for SX(O) IVT for the month. Then he gave the phone to his manager (GM sales was not available today). She tried her best to pacify me (she said that if they have the car then why will they no give it to me) but the bottom line was the same that there is no update. She said that my mail has created a big scene for them and the Hyundai sales team and everyone in the North Zone/Region of the Hyundai sales team knows about my case and history (I guess my mail did have some impact – even if it’s not acknowledged). She acknowledged that the GM Sales has told her multiple times that I have been one of the nicest customers for them who has been very patient with all the dealing (I guess they were surprised that I reacted this way as I have been very calm in all my dealings). She told me that they are yet to receive the complete allocation for this month and the same will be completed by 10th Aug so there is still hope and since the case has created such a noise, Hyundai will try to resolve it on priority.

Not sure if all this “gyaan” is given just to let me stop the escalation till 10th Aug or there is some merit. I have told them that I will call them back on 10th Aug for the status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Really sad to hear about the ordeal you are facing. Long waiting period really does kill the joy of getting a new car. After waiting for 4 months for Creta, I went with Alcazar just because of the early delivery. I would suggest you to contact dealers in tier 3 cities as all dealerships get almost same numbers of car allotted and these dealerships can help in early delivery. After waiting for 4 months, I was really annoyed and wanted to get the car as early as possible, I sat down with my sister and after making around 20 calls to dealerships in Delhi, NCR and Haryana I got a dealer who had ready stock of the car. I myself traveled 60-70 kms from Delhi to Rewari. With Creta selling like a hot shot the dealerships have stopped caring about customers. Customers showing interest in i20 get much more attention than the ones buying Creta, the response from dealerships when you enquire about Creta is directly, "Sir you will have to wait for a minimum of 5-6 months."
I hope you get the car as early as possible. All the best.
Thanks for the wishes Jatin. Alcazar would be a bigger car for my requirement. Though I have not done line by line comparison between Creta SXO IVT and Alcazar (automatic petrol) but I guess it would be out of budget for me. Also, most of the time only three seats in the car would be used and no point in having the additional 3 or 4 seats not being utilized.

I have spoken to Noida and Ghaziabad dealers and everyone is stating 3-4 months of waiting. Nimbus Hyundai, Ghaziabad said that they can arrange the car next month if I get the loan disbursed to them this month (I am not sure if this would be a good idea. What if they are not able to deliver? I will be stuck with all the money disbursed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
It's really quite appalling to read about your ordeal. The least that the dealer and Hyundai can do is be more transparent in communicating clear timelines. Frankly speaking, they just don't care about escalations and complaints, you'll keep talking in circles most of the time. Would advise you to start posting your grievances via social media and go ballistic there. Many people I know have received their deliveries in barely 3 months! Not sure what modus operandi these dealers are employing here. "Daal mein kuch kaala zaroor hai!"
Thanks, Nikhil. You are absolutely correct. It seems that Hyundai has put everything on the dealer. If the dealer had the solution, why on earth I would have raised a complaint to Hyundai in the first place.

Going on social media is the next step which I will do in case I don’t get any response by 10th Aug EOD. I guess, 5 days is a good enough timeframe for Hyundai to at least acknowledge email and give a courtesy call.

With Hyundai, especially with Creta, it seems “Puri daal hi kaali hai”. We have been supporting the government initiative of curbing black money / black marketing but due to lack of transparency from Hyundai side, dealers are milking customers day in day out. I guess Hyundai Creta did brought “acche din” for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Why don't you got for another dealer and cancel the booking taking back the amount? Better still, why don't you go for any another car? I am a Creta owner myself but honestly speaking there is NO car out there that is worth worth waiting for more than 3- 4 months. You spend money to enjoy driving, not waiting.
Absolutely agreed with you. 3-4 months is the max one can wait for the car. Almost all the dealers are quoting the same timelines (similar to what was quoted to me during my booking in Jan 2021). As mentioned above, one of them has mentioned giving the car next month if I can give 100% loan disbursed this month only. I guess they will just give me a car allocated to someone else and some else will suffer like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Contact all the dealers in the city. I have come to understand that some dealers/ sales executives are able to get the vehicle quickly.

I was waiting for a long time with a dealer in Bangalore and they communicated that there would be further delay from the earlier commitment, which I got a feeling as end of year atleast. Changing the variant sometime back added further to the delay.
I contacted sales executive of another dealer through a reference and got vehicle in 2 weeks. I had to buy insurance from dealer, but they gave discount on the same and is assisting me in transferring no claim bonus. Had to pay some amount in advance which was fine with me.
So do not spoil your peace of mind just for a vehicle delivery. Look at other dealers or even other vehicles across segments. All the best.
Thanks for your wishes. I also hope that my “Patience Wins” one day with Hyundai. I have taken the insurance from the dealer only (and he has given a good discount also) and I am ready to disburse 100% amount the day they confirm the car is allocated along with the VIN and Chassis details. They said that this will be given at least 10-12 days before the delivery. (I know it’s a rookie mistake, but with no vehicle allocation, I don’t think I will get multiple vehicles to choose from during the PDI). I have not looked for any other car option as of now (I guess I got too attached to Creta without owning one) but I guess this is something which I need to start doing shrugging off all the emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
I logged in today thinking on the same lines @ posting/ inquiring (before I read the post)
I am in the same boat (Haven't blew my lid off yet, though), booked SX-IVT on 26-Feb, SA committed 50% probability in June, then 100% in July and now 101% in August....yesterday he said he'll confirm the allotment next week....I have zero confidence...have heard the same reasons as you.
Has anyone received allotment confirmation for August?
@HP-BHP can you please DM the email contacts for HMIL for me to raise this as well? I have suspicion that the dealer is selling allotted vehicles to people ready to pay more as mentioned in few earlier posts.
I guess there is some big mess up on the production of SX/SXO IVT. I am not sure if it just due to chip shortage of the 10.2 inch AVN or also due to something with the shortage of IVT transmission. SX Executive Manual is available without any delay.

What I have heard is that Hyundai might not honour SX IVT deliveries after August 2021 as production of SX IVT variant will seize post that. Not sure how true it is.

I am attaching the HMIL contact sheet for everyone’s reference. I have updated few contacts based on what I could find at various places. I suggest that in your mail to HMIL, you can quote this thread / my post. It might give some benefit to you (as well as to me).

Quote:
I see many of us are in the same boat of long waitlist and it is frustrating.

In all cases, they offered me faster delivery if I opt for 1.4DCT or newly launched SX(executive) or even Diesel models. In fact one SA called me back on the same day and mentioned that they have one DCT model ready for delivery if I want.

So bottomline is that if you have booked IVT models, there is indeed long waitlist so be patient. Of course if you know someone higher up for influence, it can be a different story. Thought to share what I found out
1.4 DCT is indeed available quickly. I am not opting for it because of possible DCT issues and mileage and my usage does not justify Diesel (plus I belong to NCR to 10-year limit also applies to me).
I don’t know any higher-ups for influence within Hyundai (I am so out of luck here that even the customer care team is not able to patch me with the Hyundai regional sales team ). I guess we all need to make a list of Hyundai influencers who can help us with allocation .

Quote:
These features were added to cars manufactured in and after July 2021. So you will be getting the car with these features.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Updated Hyundai Regional Office Sales Support.pdf (228.1 KB, 844 views)
HP-BHP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 08:18   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is already released. The SXO Diesel Automatic I took delivery in early July have the new features - remote engine start, map update over internet and new welcome messages. There are many youtube vehicle walkthrough videos about the update.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 10:10   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
It is already released. The SXO Diesel Automatic I took delivery in early July have the new features - remote engine start, map update over internet and new welcome messages. There are many Youtube vehicle walkthrough videos about the update.
Hummm.. So looks like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one here. They told my friend that his car is in transit, straight from the factory but will not have these features. He was also pressurized into paying big amount upfront to block the car else there were other customer waiting with full cash payment. Very strange and smells fishy.. May be they are trying to clear some old stock to an unsuspecting and eager buyer

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 8th August 2021 at 10:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks