Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 07:28   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Its going to be a month since I got the delivery of my Alcazar and I have driven it around 550 kms and I was wondering should I get it services now or wait till I complete 1000kms.
As they both share same engine and Alcazar’s thread isn’t very active as of now I am posting my query here.
I just got first service done for my Creta with the same engine. The first service is just inspection and consumables top up, if required. The user manual contains the coupons for first three services and the duration/ distance limit.

You need to get first service now as you have reached the duration limit, 30 days for first service, to keep the warranty intact.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 30th July 2021 at 07:33.
Old 30th July 2021, 09:44   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

You need to get first service now as you have reached the duration limit, 30 days for first service, to keep the warranty intact.
Creta is 1500km or 2 months whichever comes first, no? Or are you referring to Alcazar here? I got mine at 1480kms but that was 5 days after taking delivery
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 11:03   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Creta is 1500km or 2 months whichever comes first, no? Or are you referring to Alcazar here? I got mine at 1480kms but that was 5 days after taking delivery
Yes, you are right. It is 2 months. Thanks for the correction. I got confused with the query above. My 1500km limit was exhausted in 15 days.

The original query - please ignore my 1 month mention above. You may refer the Alcazar user manual.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 12:42   #934
BHPian

Booked Creta SXO IVT in Titan Grey with a waiting period of 5-6 months. Here is the price breakup in INR:

* Ex Showroom: 16,65,900
* RTO: 1,72,920
* Insurance: 46,900 (zero dep and consumables) we were initially quoted 78,656. Lol.
* TCS: 16,659
* Fast tag: 600

Grand total: 19,02,979.

We didn't opt for the accessories pack. For that x amount, all they give you is that poor quality floor mats, perfumes et al. Plus we aren't fans of ugly chrome garnish all over the body.

We took another test drive of IVT this morning and here are our observations:

1. It's definitely one of the most refined engines. No NVH issues with it.
2. Power delivery is adequate/good. Feels nice while driving in city traffic with enough power in reserve. The acceleration is linear and smooth. Eco mode does dull the overall experience while sports mode makes the engine vocal with enough grunt for those quick overtakes. Comfort mode is a good balance of power and comfort we felt.
With the four of us and no luggage, it didn't feel weak or underpowered, which has been my biggest concern with this engine and transmission and I will hold my judgement until it's driven on highways and hills with full load. So far I'm happy with it and my son, who is a sedate driver, is very impressed with the overall package this car offers.
3. Space and comfort is very good. Since the suspension setup is softer than the likes of Seltos and Sonet, the ride was compliant even when the tyre pressure on each tyre was more than 36 psi.
4. Interior quality: Decent. Nothing exciting to be honest. But I'm glad that the overall quality isn't cheap and all the touch points have that feel good factor.

Overall, we feel it's overpriced. But, and that's a BIG but, this segment lacks competition and we need more players to offer better products and services to break this duopoly of Creta and Seltos. We had high hopes with Skoda Kushaq but it disappointed and how! We would have happily paid 20 big ones for it had it offered "Skoda" level interior quality and better safety equipment list on the top AT variant.

Coming back to the Creta, the SA is confident of delivering the car by Diwali. But we aren't betting on it. Overall, a good experience with the dealership and SA who was patient enough with my questions and offered a long test drive to help us with our decision.
Col Mehta is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 17:31   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Its going to be a month since I got the delivery of my Alcazar and I have driven it around 550 kms and I was wondering should I get it services now or wait till I complete 1000kms.
As they both share same engine and Alcazar’s thread isn’t very active as of now I am posting my query here.
The Creta has its first service for 1500kms or 2 months whichever is earlier. What does it say in your Alcazar manual (check the free service coupon)? I highly doubt Alcazar would say first free service at 1000km. Please give it for service as per the kilometres/time-line mentioned on the coupon whichever comes first.

Quote:
Yes, you are right. It is 2 months. Thanks for the correction.
You’re welcome. One more thing I wanted to mention -

I plan to get the engine oil and oil filter changed every 5k kms or 6 months (whichever comes first) rather than getting the oil changed every 10k kms or 12 months (and I’m strictly sticking to mineral oil). This way every service will have an oil/oil filter change (meeting the warranty conditions) and also this will ensure the engine and associated parts will get fresh oil often thereby keeping them happy. I think that a 10k kms/12 months drain interval is too high for the conditions we drive in. Thoughts?
Old 30th July 2021, 18:25   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I plan to get the engine oil and oil filter changed every 5k kms or 6 months (whichever comes first) rather than getting the oil changed every 10k kms or 12 months (and I’m strictly sticking to mineral oil). This way every service will have an oil/oil filter change (meeting the warranty conditions) and also this will ensure the engine and associated parts will get fresh oil often thereby keeping them happy. I think that a 10k kms/12 months drain interval is too high for the conditions we drive in. Thoughts?
My usage is less and I plan to use synthetic oil with the Hyundai timelines. A good quality synthetic oil, shell, mobil etc, should easily last 10k kms in our conditions.

I have been using synthetic oil in my old vehicle and the engine is in excellent condition even after crossing 1 lakh kilometers.

I checked with the service advisor and he said they provide shell synthetic oil.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by PatienceWins : 30th July 2021 at 18:27.
Old 30th July 2021, 18:49   #937
BHPian

Quote:
My usage is less and I plan to use synthetic oil with the Hyundai timelines. A good quality synthetic oil, shell, mobil etc, should easily last 10k kms in our conditions.

I have been using synthetic oil in my old vehicle and the engine is in excellent condition even after crossing 1 lakh kilometers.

I checked with the service advisor and he said they provide shell synthetic oil.

Any thoughts?
I too used the shell synthetic oil every 10k during servicing in my elite i20 diesel. But to be honest given the severe traffic conditions I used to drive pre-pandemic I used to feel that 10k is too long a drain interval and the oil degrades faster (my usage too is high). Hence my decision to change the oil often and sticking with mineral (even though currently my usage is strictly on highways with limited city run). Most of the places I’ve read and videos I’ve seen it’s recommended to change the oil every 5000 miles (8k kms). Honestly 10k is a bit too much of you ask me personally (even if the oil used is synthetic).

Since your usage isn’t much then why do you plan to go with synthetic oil and pay the extra amount? The service centres have both shell synthetic and mineral oils. Which ASS did you check with?
Old 30th July 2021, 19:19   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Since your usage isn’t much then why do you plan to go with synthetic oil and pay the extra amount? The service centres have both shell synthetic and mineral oils. Which ASS did you check with?
With mineral oil, i see the engine getting rough around 4000 kms where as synthetic oil keeps the engine refined and responsive. I usually run around 7k kms yearly. I also assume synthetic oil to give better protection with our city driving conditions. Doubt if my old car engine would have been so refined and responsive over 1 lakh kms without synthetic oil, attested by others who drove my vehicle.
Old 30th July 2021, 19:33   #939
BHPian

Quote:
With mineral oil, i see the engine getting rough around 4000 kms where as synthetic oil keeps the engine refined and responsive. I usually run around 7k kms yearly. I also assume synthetic oil to give better protection with our city driving conditions. Doubt if my old car engine would have been so refined and responsive over 1 lakh kms without synthetic oil, attested by others who drove my vehicle.
Yes that is true. The mineral oil does get rough around 4.5k mark that’s why I’m thinking of changing at around that range. Your usage is nearly equal to the ideal drain interval for synthetic so by the end of the year you should be good with changing it.

Yes synthetic does provide better protection and for me it used to sound rough between 8.5-9k and 75% of my usage then was in city during peak traffic.

So I guess synthetic is fine for you annually. I’m still having a bit of doubt if I too should go for synthetic on an annual change interval or just stick to mineral and go with a half yearly change interval. My usage is currently 95% highway hence the confusion. Financially both of these are the same. Will check with my trusted SA and decide.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 19:49   #940

Quote:

Any thoughts?
I used to service my diesel Creta 1.6 as per Hyundai and that is every 10000kms. Never had an issue till I sold it at 76000kms.
logan0387 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 20:53   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes that is true. The mineral oil does get rough around 4.5k mark that’s why I’m thinking of changing at around that range. Your usage is nearly equal to the ideal drain interval for synthetic so by the end of the year you should be good with changing it.

Yes synthetic does provide better protection and for me it used to sound rough between 8.5-9k and 75% of my usage then was in city during peak traffic.

So I guess synthetic is fine for you annually. I’m still having a bit of doubt if I too should go for synthetic on an annual change interval
I think you can go with synthetic oil in Hyundai recommended service schedule.

Regarding your earlier question, i checked with advaith outer ring road, bangalore
Old 30th July 2021, 21:00   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These days cars have oil grades like 0W20 etc, all are synthetic oils. The dealership will still sell you a 'synthetic' option for obvious reasons.
There is no harm in changing it early but no fun to be had either, waste of money. 4.5K is too early even for a jelly bean zen with carburettor IIRC.
Old 30th July 2021, 21:14   #943
BHPian

Quote:
I think you can go with synthetic oil in Hyundai recommended service schedule.

Regarding your earlier question, i checked with advaith outer ring road, bangalore
That is where I give my car for servicing as well just spoke to my trusted SA from there and I’ll will be going with the 5k drain interval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
These days cars have oil grades like 0W20 etc, all are synthetic oils. The dealership will still sell you a 'synthetic' option for obvious reasons.
There is no harm in changing it early but no fun to be had either, waste of money. 4.5K is too early even for a jelly bean zen with carburettor IIRC.
Changing mineral oil twice a year along with oil filter and changing synthetic oil with oil filter once a year costs nearly the same with the former being slightly cheaper (mineral oil is ₹405/litre with synthetic being ₹934/litre and the oil filter is ₹425). Now I’m not sure if the oil being used in Hyundai is fully synthetic or semi synthetic but yes as you said they do push for synthetic unless you specify. My line of thinking is that the system will get clean oil every 5k since the recommended drain interval for a mineral oil is 3000 miles. If synthetic then definitely it’ll be changed every 10k (it’d be a waste of money if synthetic is changed every 5k) Even Hyundai’s service manual says change every 5k for severe driving conditions.
Old 31st July 2021, 00:33   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Booked Creta SXO IVT in Titan Grey with a waiting period of 5-6 months. Here is the price breakup in INR:

* Ex Showroom: 16,65,900
* RTO: 1,72,920
* Insurance: 46,900 (zero dep and consumables) we were initially quoted 78,656. Lol.
* TCS: 16,659
* Fast tag: 600

Grand total: 19,02,979.

We didn't opt for the accessories pack. For that x amount, all they give you is that poor quality floor mats, perfumes et al. Plus we aren't fans of ugly chrome garnish all over the body.
You got some excellent pricing. There is no dharam-imaan of the pricing for Insurance. People have paid Rs. 50K for Creta E variant. Not sure why the government / Hyundai is not looking into this. I guess since the government is getting their GST, overcharging is fine with them.

Quote:
We took another test drive of IVT this morning and here are our observations:

1. It's definitely one of the most refined engines. No NVH issues with it.
2. Power delivery is adequate/good. Feels nice while driving in city traffic with enough power in reserve. The acceleration is linear and smooth. Eco mode does dull the overall experience while sports mode makes the engine vocal with enough grunt for those quick overtakes. Comfort mode is a good balance of power and comfort we felt.
Ride quality + NVH level can be best described as “Makhan” (butter smooth). I don’t think there is anything comparable within the segment or probably even two segments above for Creta IVT. As long as you are a sedate driver, it will keep you happy. For some more excitement, you have the sports mode which makes things a bit peppy (but again within the margin of 10-15%)

Quote:
Coming back to the Creta, the SA is confident of delivering the car by Diwali. But we aren't betting on it. Overall, a good experience with the dealership and SA who was patient enough with my questions and offered a long test drive to help us with our decision.
Would not bet for Diwali. Last year Hyundai did pump 14K+ Creta’s during the festive season (Oct & Nov) but this year they also have Alcazar on the same production line so that might eat some volumes.

Test drives have been a big plus point for me also. In the past 7 months (and counting) of waiting, I have taken multiple test drives from the dealer. Would have done more than 75+ kms in 4-5 test drives. I guess since they are not able to deliver the car, they might be thinking that "let him be happy with the test drives only." Probably next time when I visit them, they might offer me a part-time SA job as every other week I am there (that’s what long waiting timelines do to you) .

Quote:
I think you are going overboard with the oil and oil filter change cycle. Unless you really drive in a very dusty environment, drive very enthusiastically every time or are constantly pushing the engine to its limit, changing oil and oil filters at every 5K kms is a waste of money. If you are more worried about the wear n tear then I would suggest that you go for synthetic oil (after 10K service) and get it changed every 10K kms but do keep in mind that mineral oil + 10K kms change cycle is absolutely fine for Creta.
Old 31st July 2021, 00:52   #945
BHPian

Thankyou everyone for your suggestions.
I checked the manual and the 1st service is mentioned at 1200-1500 kms or 2 months, whichever comes first.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks