Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2021, 15:46   #811
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Yes, it has not been working for me from last 2.5 months. Even when the car is running, it says no response from server
Hey guys I have started a new thread to compile Bluelink issues for all Hyundai cars. Hopefully we can make Hyundai take notice and listen to our needs.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...es-issues.html
iamitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 19:35   #812
Senior - BHPian

Blue Link reset and DPF Regeneration

Blue Link reset
I noticed a couple of days back that the trip info on Hyundai Blue link app had stopped working. Tried to send remote commands and it failed as well with a "failed" tag in status. Infotainment showed full signal strength for blue link reception but all voice commands failed with a response "Unable to connect to server".
This happens when remote command fails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_5168.jpg

There is a small reset button bottom right of MAP physical button, use a safety pin and with the car on, push and hold it for 15 seconds. I read online that this resets blue link and Navigation system. The infotainment system reboots and after this, all the blue link features started working on my car. Give it a try if and see if this works in your case. I can confirm that you WOULD NOT lose your preferences/settings after this, just resets the system.
This is the pin size reset button am talking about
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_5137.jpg

Copying my post from the DPF thread for diesel Creta owners
I was going through my 2021 CRETA'S owner manual and saw this page depicting the SELF REGEN procedure for clogged DPF. Since mine is a diesel version and the DPF may get clogged in future, i have bookmarked the information to be used for future. This is done only when DPF warning illuminates and car requests for it. If i ever need to use this, would update the thread. This is a screenshot from the procedure, please refer to owner's manual and follow all precautions before attempting this.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-dpf.jpeg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 29th June 2021 at 19:38.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 13:19   #813
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blue Link reset and DPF Regeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Copying my post from the DPF thread for diesel Creta owners
I was going through my 2021 CRETA'S owner manual and saw this page depicting the SELF REGEN procedure for clogged DPF. Since mine is a diesel version and the DPF may get clogged in future, i have bookmarked the information to be used for future. This is done only when DPF warning illuminates and car requests for it. If i ever need to use this, would update the thread. This is a screenshot from the procedure, please refer to owner's manual and follow all precautions before attempting this.

Attachment 2172880
Is the self regeneration process newly added to Creta? This seems similar to the button available in Innova.

Asking as the solution I found online, including youtube reviews, was to drive the vehicle in highway at high rpm for around 25 minutes.

Thanks for the ownership review you have posted above and sharing useful information. I will be getting my Creta Automatic Diesel by next week, only registration is pending.
Old 1st July 2021, 16:22   #814
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blue Link reset and DPF Regeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Asking as the solution I found online, including Youtube reviews, was to drive the vehicle in highway at high rpm for around 25 minutes.
What you have said does clear out the DPF too, after the switch to BS6 diesel all over India, cases of clogged DPF have come down. Highway drive once in a while should keep this in check. The park regen process is there in the owner's manual so i hope it works.

Congrats on your Creta, you would love the smooth 1.5 Diesel +AT combination. Take it out on highways, you would be surprised how well this drives compared to earlier Hyundai cars.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 14:10   #815
Senior - BHPian

I have booked SX IVT and while I wait for delivery, wanted to get some feedback about shield of trust and extended warranty. Should I opt for these (which one or both?) . What kind of cover these have and is it an overkill given SX IVT doesn't have many fancy tech.
Old 2nd July 2021, 14:21   #816
Senior - BHPian

I just got the insurance policy from Hyundai, hyundai asssurance program, with Aditya Birla insurance. But the IDV mentioned in the policy is not ex showroom price. Can others confirm whether they got ex showroom price as IDV with hyundai insurance? Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:07   #817
BHPian

Quote:
I just got the insurance policy from Hyundai, hyundai asssurance program, with Aditya Birla insurance. But the IDV mentioned in the policy is not ex showroom price. Can others confirm whether they got ex showroom price as IDV with hyundai insurance? Thanks
I got delivery of my Alcazar yesterday and I took the insurance from dealer only, Aditya Birla insurance was provided. The IDV is 95% of the ex-showroom price of the car.
For me as the ex-showroom price was 18,01,300, the IDV is 17,11,235 which is exactly 95%.

Can other Creta Diesel AT owners please tell me what is the mileage they get in bumper to bumper traffic in city ? I know the mileage will improve with time but I just wish to know what to expect.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:18   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new car! Excellent decision - one you won’t regret. It’s a great family car that’ll be excellent either in city or highway. I came to Bangalore today for 3-4 days so both on the highway and in the city it felt lovely. Didn’t feel tired at all while inside the car. The car is a lovely place to be in. You just want to sit inside and wouldn’t want to come out. At least I didn’t - haha!

The IDV is calculated at 95% of the ex-showroom price. It’s the same with me as well.

PS - I tried to send you a PM the other day but it threw an error that your inbox was full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
I got delivery of my Alcazar yesterday

Can other Creta Diesel AT owners please tell me what is the mileage they get in bumper to bumper traffic in city ? I know the mileage will improve with time but I just wish to know what to expect.
Many congratulations on your new car!

I’m not sure of the B2B traffic since I’m not travelling within Bangalore due to wfh. I took my delivery of the Creta diesel AT SXO on the 29th June and I have done two drives and below is the mileage -

1. On single lane state highways in Karnataka through villages , broken roads with average speeds of about 40-45 kmph I got a mileage of around 19.3 kmpl (I’m sorry I forgot to click the pic)

2. On a national highway from my native to Bangalore which is 90% great 6 lane road and 10% temporary roads due to diversions created for road construction I got a mileage of 25.8 kmpl for a distance of about 520km including breaks for breakfast lunch etc. since the car is still in the run in period the speed was maintained between 80-85 kmph. Although the maximum speed that I attain on such highways is between 95-100 kmph.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-cb61ca51ef7a41648ba4406f2530a981.jpeg

These figures are with 70% AC at 23.5 degree Celsius. I don’t like it too cold in the car and usually the temperatures within the car are kept between 22-24 degrees depending on how hot it is.

Quote:
Is the self regeneration process newly added to Creta? This seems similar to the button available in Innova.

Asking as the solution I found online, including Youtube reviews, was to drive the vehicle in highway at high rpm for around 25 minutes.
I think the regeneration mentioned posted earlier from the manual is for the automatic since in the manual car you can drive at higher speeds keeping the gears low but that isn’t possible in the automatic since it’ll increase speed as the accelerator is pressed in top gear. I may be wrong but that’s my guess. Let me try to check with my trusted SA and see if this is true
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:19   #819

Quote:
I think all insurance for new cars come at 95% ex-showroom price. 5% Depreciation on the ex-showroom price right at the moment one gets the insurance. One can get Return to Invoice as Add on in the insurance but I don't think that will also show the IDV as 100% Ex-showroom. Can someone confirm this. Never took this add-on so not sure about this.
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:25   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Hey guys I have started a new thread to compile Bluelink issues for all Hyundai cars. Hopefully we can make Hyundai take notice and listen to our needs.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...es-issues.html
Drove my car for a good 40 mins and voila... Bluelink has started working on the app with remote commands.
Was thinking about doing a hard reset on the console, I hope its not required anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20210702192358.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:33   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
I got delivery of my Alcazar yesterday
Congratulations on your new Alcazar. In terms of mileage for the diesel AT, I have experienced between 13-15 kmpl in city conditions, but in Pune we have never fully had bumper to bumper traffic like in the pre-Covid times because of lingering restrictions. So you can expect around 11-13. But it is sensitive to pedal inputs, so coasting up on longer stretches on gentle slopes, and anticipating stoppage can really help the mileage. The Creta Diesel AT is at its frugal best between 75-90 kph on longer stretches of inter-suburb roads.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 2nd July 2021 at 19:37.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:33   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Is it really Aditya Birla or is it Liberty Insurance underneath ? I also got the Aditya Birla insurance on new car but on checking details, found it to be Liberty General Insurance, which, in my opinion is not a great option irrespective of Hyundai assurance or non assurance.

Surprisingly, it is the cheapest option available to me for 2nd year renewal and despite a thousand assurances from my dealer about Liberty and Iffco-Tokio being Hyundai tie up insurances, I’ve switched to HDFC Ergo, albeit at higher premium cost for peace of mind.
sarav100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 05:52   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Drove my car for a good 40 mins and voila... Bluelink has started working on the app with remote commands.
Was thinking about doing a hard reset on the console, I hope its not required anymore.

Happened with me too last week, but then stopped working just as unexpectedly. It is this lack of confidence which bugs me. What if it doesn't work when I really need it?
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 06:40   #824
Senior - BHPian

The PDI of my Creta is arranged on Monday, I hope it will go smoothly.

Regarding tyre, I see bad feedback about stock JK tyre online. So I plan to switch to Michelin Primacy, stock size itself, on delivery itself. The quote I got from the tyre dealer is buy back price of Rs.3000 for JK (if good year Rs. 3500) and Michelin at Rs. 11,600 each. I have been a long time user of Michelin tyres and would like to stick with Michelin for its ride comfort, grip and reliability, though it is expensive than other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Is it really Aditya Birla or is it Liberty Insurance underneath ? I also got the Aditya Birla insurance on new car but on checking details, found it to be Liberty General Insurance, which, in my opinion is not a great option irrespective of Hyundai assurance or non assurance.

Surprisingly, it is the cheapest option available to me for 2nd year renewal and despite a thousand assurances from my dealer about Liberty and Iffco-Tokio being Hyundai tie up insurances, I’ve switched to HDFC Ergo, albeit at higher premium cost for peace of mind.
You are right. Raheja QBE GeneraL Insurance is the underlying policy, though it is marketed as Aditya Birla Insurance in the header. A quick check online does not return much information regarding their presence/ claim record in India. It seems Hyundai is going with the cheapest options in the pretext of hyundai assurance program. I will get it changed to a reputed insurance provider, HDFC Ergo or Bajaj Allianz, during my renewal. Thanks a lot for pointing this out.

For second year renewal, did you go for hyundai assurance insurance through dealer or from outside? Considering the premium hyundai is charging compared to outside insurance, I am thinking about getting it from outside unless Hyundai gives a competitive quote.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 3rd July 2021 at 06:41.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 07:03   #825
BHPian

Quote:

For second year renewal, did you go for hyundai assurance insurance through dealer or from outside? Considering the premium hyundai is charging compared to outside insurance, I am thinking about getting it from outside unless Hyundai gives a competitive quote.
Novelty Hyundai dealer was offering me B2B+Engine Cover+Key Cover via same Liberty General Insurance and via Iffco-Tokio Insurance as a part of Hyundai Assurance program. They assured that this is Hyundai’s official insurance and in case of any claim, all we need is to call them and they will pick up the car and deliver it back post repair. However, one glance at the insurance’s website and I could find very sparse spread workshop network (in addition to a non user friendly website interface). So, I became wary of their promises and Team-BHP forum threads did not have any good reviews for the said insurance firms.

Hence, I got HDFC at ~18.5K whereas Equivalent Hyundai assurance was quoted at only ~16K.

Last edited by sarav100 : 3rd July 2021 at 07:04.
sarav100 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks