Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2021, 14:04   #676
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
There would be two ways to look at this situation.

What happens if the buyer keeps delaying the delivery (due to any personal or financial issues) and demands to take delivery after a price hike/discount is announced? What happens if person A books the car and then shares another person B's details for delivery/registration to be sold at a higher price? The buyer can simply walk out of the deal if the car is not registered and the person wouldn't have any liability.
I completely agree to you but it’s just that regular price hikes and long waiting period along with it aren’t justified.
Hope hyundai increases its production and we get the car early
Old 30th April 2021, 10:46   #677
BHPian

So the dreaded TPMS warning light has come up on my 2021 Creta SX dashboard since last Monday. It was parked over the weekend, I took it out Monday morning and within a kilometer of driving, the low pressure warning was glowing. I pulled into the reliance petrol pump , checked air pressure in all 4 tyres, it was 33 psi all around. Still I got air filled till 35 (just to be on safer side). The warning light is still lit up, the low line TPMS is not able to recalibrate itself. Any other solutions for this ?
Old 1st May 2021, 14:35   #678

I have visited a few dealerships here at my hometown and have been informed that the waiting time spans for 3 to 6 months.
This is a huge period and going by the trend prices can increase during this period.

Now I do understand that the dealership and the Company will look to earn profits and thus price protection is not provided. However the wait period is too long to not provide some kind of benefit to the customer. The automaker needs to then reduce the wait time in order to justify the price changes.

I know people and going by posts in the group people have not received their vehicles yet which were booked in December 2020 which is a very very long time.

In terms of any other purchase the price is not variable be it a phone or a house when you go to buy buy them.
Old 1st May 2021, 17:07   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Hyundai Creta prices hiked again.

Attachment 2149384
I think we need a comparison between launch prices (March 2020) and then the price hikes in mid 2020, early 2021 and now in April 2021. This table only shows the recent two price hikes not the first one done earlier in 2020. There have been three price hikes in 1 year. The MT EX petrol was available at launch at 9.99 lakhs ex-showroom and is now 10.96 lakhs - an increase of nearly 1 lakh in price in less than a year. During the lockdowns around mid-2020, my Chennai dealer was calling daily after I expressed interest promising delivery of the petrol EX or the Diesel E in 10 days - both cost the same (9.99 lakhs) - I nearly picked one up but I am glad that, in the end, I waited and went for the Thar in the end.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 19:10   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Still I got air filled till 35 (just to be on safer side). The warning light is still lit up, the low line TPMS is not able to recalibrate itself. Any other solutions for this ?
Did you drive around enough after filling 35?
If its not going reduce below 30 and refill to above 35. Drive around a bit and it will go.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 19:37   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Did you drive around enough after filling 35?
If its not going reduce below 30 and refill to above 35. Drive around a bit and it will go.
I drove about 5 kms in city, it was on main road so couldn't maintain speeds above 40 for long. Once lockdown ends, I'll try driving few more kms and revert to this thread.
Old 5th May 2021, 10:15   #682
Senior - BHPian

Just an update- yesterday morning, I took a short drive in my Creta 1.5D AT, within the areas of Bavdhan/Pashan. After about 25 min, I stopped to connect my iPhone for bluetooth streaming of a recent favourite track. I had stopped the car in D mode , and the whole thing took less than a minute. Immediately afterwards, the Check Engine Light (CEL) came up with the accompanying warning on the IFE- asking me to take the car to the nearest station etc etc.

I still drove the car back to the point where I do our regular grocery, and after switching off, alighted the car. By this time, the sound track was also over. Afterward, when I got back from shopping and started the car, the CEL warning had disappeared ! I looked up the Car Diagnostics on the Bluelink app and it seemed to indicate a Powertrain issue. I then drove the car for a couple of km on the other side of the suburb towards Paud Road and came back, and there was no CEL warning all the way. Once back home, I again checked the Diagnostics on the Bluelink and all was green.

So this might be a one-off, and for some weird reason I think the bluetooth connection may have messed with the car electronics for a brief while. But I am going to get this verified for sure once the lockdown is lifted .
One more possibility is that there might be some dirt/grime in the engine due to the fluids/diesel that may have clogged things a bit, since the transmission surely wasn't at its smoothest during the morning run. But once the CEL warning cleared, the car seemed to back to its sprightly levels. At first I thought it was a DPF issue, but that particular indicator was not lit.

So lets see what the Serice Centre guys have to say.
Old 5th May 2021, 19:04   #683
BHPian

Does the Creta boot have enough space to replace the smaller spare with a full sized spare tyre post delivery?
Totoro11 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 11:31   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Does the Creta boot have enough space to replace the smaller spare with a full sized spare tyre post delivery?
Yes. You can check with the dealer in showroom. I think sometime around December Hyundai did ship some cars with full sized spare wheel.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 13:39   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
My SX(O) DCT came with a full size 17" spare wheel. So i dont think there would be any issue in accomodating a full size in any of the models.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 21:57   #686
BHPian

Creta E base model loses LED indicators and power adjustable ORVM mirrors in May manufacturing batch.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1620491020037.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1620491024511.jpg
sarav100 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 21:57   #687
BHPian

According to this post on a Facebook group of Creta owners, from May onwards, the base variants will be coming with manually adjustable rear view mirrors and turn indicators on side fenders. I wonder how much greedy Hyundai has become ! Why resort to Tata's way of deleting features on a car which gives them highest profits ? Those who are waiting for thier base model Cretas will surely look at other options.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20210508215158786_com.facebook.katana.jpg  

Old 9th May 2021, 08:41   #688
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta to get new features, improved connectivity, details leaked

Quote:
The mid-level EX and S variants will benefit from wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay features.
Quote:
The biggest deletion from the base E trim is the electrically adjustable wing mirrors. The variant will also sacrifice luggage lamp and passenger seat-back pocket. The ORVM mounted turn-indicators will be relocated to the front fenders.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1620529786897.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1620529782801.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1620529790365.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1620529793235.jpg

Quote:
Hyundai has also used this update opportunity to introduce various voice greetings when you start the car, depending on the time of the day.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1620529805398.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th May 2021 at 08:46.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 09:43   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Creta to get new features, improved connectivity, details leaked
The wireless connectivity for Android Auto and Apple Car play is for EX and S version only. Do the higher trims already have this feature? If not, isn't it weird that lower trims have a feature which is ommited in higher trims

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 9th May 2021 at 09:54.
Old 9th May 2021, 13:59   #690
BHPian

I don’t understand Hyundai’s strategy. Providing wireless android auto and apple car play in EX and S and not SXO.
SXO deserves to be fully loaded at 21L on road Delhi.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks