Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 13:49   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Got this from Creta owners group on Facebook.

New SX Executive MT variant being launched in the coming weeks, will most likely replace the SX trim in the 1.5L NA petrol variant list.

Loses
-10.25inch AVN system,
-Chrome door handles
-Burglar alarm
-Driver rear view monitor
-Voice recognition button

and will cost ₹78,000 lesser than the SX trim.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-e973f8253f2d46eeb0d3911c84f201a3.jpeg

In this day and age who removes a touchscreen when even the lower S variant gets one? Hyundai is giving the market on a platter to the aftermarket shops. In the past week E variant so the loss of turn indicators on the ORVM and manual ORVMs, which the aftermarket shops got an opportunity to fix happily!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 8th June 2021 at 13:55.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 13:57   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Update - 100 odd KM after getting my Creta serviced this morning at Lamba Hyundai, Okhla, the car broke down! I am stranded with the car refusing to engage reverse gear or anything else other than D1. Have called my family for help. Shall post an update and perhaps a new thread chronicling this nightmare after I figure out my way home.
Have posted the thread as mentioned

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5077776
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 14:52   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Have posted the thread as mentioned

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5077776
Hope you get a resolution soon and never face this experience again. I have never been comfortable with Hyundai when I had i20. However, it's the Koreans who offer most in their car.

I just came back from the PDI of my SX(O) IVT. Hyundai has removed the full-size spare wheel and providing once again R16. That too after the May price hike. I cannot understand the logic. Also, the spare tyre was Apollo while others are JK.
I did not feel much difference due to the new so-called soft paint finish on the dashboard. Creta interior plastic quality still disappoints me. The dashboard looks so narrow compare to my Dzire.

I tried the remote start but it did not work. SA had no idea about this new feature. It doesn't matter to me much so decided to try it on delivery day. It's heavily raining in Navi Mumbai.

Thanks to team-bhp PDI Checklist.

Last edited by amitshippie : 8th June 2021 at 14:52. Reason: spelling correction
amitshippie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 20:24   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Got this from Creta owners group on Facebook.

New SX Executive MT variant being launched in the coming weeks, will most likely replace the SX trim in the 1.5L NA petrol variant list.

Loses
-10.25inch AVN system,
-Chrome door handles
-Burglar alarm
-Driver rear view monitor
-Voice recognition button

and will cost ₹78,000 lesser than the SX trim.
Hopefully it relates to MT variant only because my father has booked a SX IVT just a couple of days ago and we will not buy it without these.

Quote:
In this day and age who removes a touchscreen when even the lower S variant gets one?
Maybe it has to do with the semiconductor shortage. I think Hyundai is having trouble acquiring enough chips for the 10.25inch screen (I believe it requires better chip than the 8inch one) so they won't provide it on the cheapest variant of Creta with the 10.25inch touchscreen, the SX petrol MT.
Old 8th June 2021, 22:04   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
Hopefully it relates to MT variant only because my father has booked a SX IVT just a couple of days ago and we will not buy it without these.

Maybe it has to do with the semiconductor shortage. I think Hyundai is having trouble acquiring enough chips for the 10.25inch screen (I believe it requires better chip than the 8inch one) so they won't provide it on the cheapest variant of Creta with the 10.25inch touchscreen, the SX petrol MT.
Well what to say.. Only silver lining I see is that now phone can work 100% wireless with wireless car play/android auto and wireless charging and you pay 78k less
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 22:23   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
I did not feel much difference due to the new so-called soft paint finish on the dashboard. Creta interior plastic quality still disappoints me. The dashboard looks so narrow compare to my Dzire.
Could you please share a picture of this soft-paint finish? So is it similar to the soft touch material present in the Seltos?
Old 8th June 2021, 22:33   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share a picture of this soft-paint finish? So is it similar to the soft touch material present in the Seltos?
Only the white part on the dashboard is provided with soft-touch paint. It's like if you move your hand gently on this area it will feel slightly like rubber however if you press it or knock; it's hard plastic only. No change in the black part.

I have not checked Seltos so cannot compare it but it's definitely far from any soft material.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210608_134430.jpg  

amitshippie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 07:32   #758
BHPian

On bright sunny days these white parts reflect onto the windshield like 2 massive A4 sheets. They are quite distracting to the driver.
barefeetdriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 12:33   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
On bright sunny days these white parts reflect onto the windshield like 2 massive A4 sheets. They are quite distracting to the driver.
I also saw many complaints about this in Facebook groups. I am planning to buy a non-slip mat and put it over the white part. Something like this(source; Amazon).
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-61cct7kvgcl._sl1000_.jpg  

Last edited by amitshippie : 9th June 2021 at 12:34. Reason: Image Source
Old 9th June 2021, 13:10   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
Quote:
I also saw many complaints about this in Facebook groups. I am planning to buy a non-slip mat and put it over the white part. Something like this(source; Amazon).
I resolved this in my old Honda City by buying a 'dash carpet' off Aliexpress. However, I wouldn't advise the same again because it is difficult to clean and accumulates a lot of dust/dead cells/smells etc.

Also wouldn't anything placed/stuck on top of the dash affect the airbag deployment mechanism? I would be more comfortable with a matte paint or a well cut leather covering which is compatible with the airbag system.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 17:36   #761
BHPian

Quote:
I tried the remote start but it did not work. SA had no idea about this new feature. It doesn't matter to me much so decided to try it on delivery day.
Congratulations on your purchase amitshippie. You will realize over time that many of the Bluelink features will not work all the time.

Quote:
Don't have images to share but the material of Seltos feels better than the one in Creta.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th June 2021 at 17:49. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
AK79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 09:25   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I plan to keep my car for long time and I think NA engine is what would give me that peaceful ownership experience. Mileage of IVT is expected to be better than DCT (based on the expert reviews shared on this forum) so that is some relief given the ever increasing petrol prices.
I had exactly the same thought process to zero in on IVT. Completely agree on the mileage part as far as IVT is concerned. I was abit suspicious of the MID trip mileage calculation so tried to test it myself. Here's a small experiment i did on the Creta IVT SXO:
a) same stretch of the road
b) almost same distance covered
c) at identical speeds (hence the similar journey time
d) this was done within city in NCR. Both forward & return legs each had 5 traffic signals, two roundabouts and few rough patches
e) done at night during lockdown so traffic was on the lower side

Here's the results:
1. Eco Mode
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-eco-mileage1.jpeg

2. Comfort Mode
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-comfort-mileage.jpeg

3. Sport Mode
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-sport-mileage.jpeg

Quite happy with the results , not sure if DCT can beat these figures and hoping that the performance doesn't deteriorate over time.
Totoro11 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 09:35   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Only the white part on the dashboard is provided with soft-touch paint. It's like if you move your hand gently on this area it will feel slightly like rubber however if you press it or knock; it's hard plastic only. No change in the black part.

I have not checked Seltos so cannot compare it but it's definitely far from any soft material.
Visually it is looking same as in my car. Does it reflect now in the windshield ? If it still does, why Hyundai bothered with the paint finish , I'm clueless.
Old 11th June 2021, 10:09   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post

Here's the results:
1. Eco Mode
Attachment 2166371

2. Comfort Mode
Attachment 2166370

3. Sport Mode
Attachment 2166372

Quite happy with the results , not sure if DCT can beat these figures and hoping that the performance doesn't deteriorate over time.
I read somewhere that comfort mode is best for milage in the city and eco for the highway. Your experiment proves that. By the way, looking at the figures I assume you are driving a Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Visually it is looking same as in my car. Does it reflect now in the windshield? If it still does, why Hyundai bothered with the paint finish , I'm clueless.
I am not sure about reflection as it was a rainy day. Also, you cannot make a difference visually, until you touch it.
Old 11th June 2021, 11:46   #765
BHPian

Quote:
I read somewhere that comfort mode is best for milage in the city and eco for the highway. Your experiment proves that. By the way, looking at the figures I assume you are driving a Diesel.
These mileage figures are for IVT Petrol. For me also it was difficult to believe initially, hence the experiment. As they say in the Tide detergent ad "Chaunk gaye!"
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks