Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2021, 21:15   #886

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Looks like some confusion. On the Hyundai website click to buy page, it is showing petrol options as SX IVT, SX executive MT and SX(O) IVT. So as per this, SX(O) MT petrol is discontinued. Let's wait for more clarity and official word..
Checked with SA, he responded that MT is discontinued and not IVT....said will provide some official confirmation tomorrow...will share if I get something that is worth sharing.
Old 19th July 2021, 22:21   #887
BHPian

Quote:
I've been waiting for last 4months for SX IVT.. Haven't heard anything from my dealer yet.. I hope they honour existing bookings..
The dealer may ask you to upgrade to SX (O) IVT in this case.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 19th July 2021 at 22:21. Reason: Added additional comments
Old 19th July 2021, 23:00   #888
BHPian

Quote:
So as per this, SX(O) MT petrol is discontinued.
As far as I remember, I don't think SX(O) variant ever came with Manual Transmission.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 23:46   #889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
As far as I remember, I don't think SX(O) variant ever came with Manual Transmission.
Quote:
Looks like some confusion. On the Hyundai website click to buy page, it is showing petrol options as SX IVT, SX executive MT and SX(O) IVT. So as per this, SX(O) MT petrol is discontinued. Let's wait for more clarity and official word..
Like said above, Hyundai didn’t introduce the 1.5L Petrol manual in the SX(O) trim at the time of launch itself!

And the updated brochure is available on Hyundai’s website, I don’t think they can make a mistake in it!

The online booking site was always slow in receiving updates, initially when the Creta was launched it didn’t show the black colour for the Turbo variant whereas BHPians have themselves got the Black colour for the Turbo variant!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th July 2021 at 23:48.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 23:55   #890
BHPian

The click to buy option on their website still lists the SX along with the SX Executive.
Old 20th July 2021, 14:19   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Creta SX automatic trims in all three engine options; the 1.5L Petrol, 1.4L turbo Petrol and 1.5L Diesel have been officially discontinued.
Now automatics are available only in the top-end SX(O) trims!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
Checked with SA, he responded that MT is discontinued and not IVT....said will provide some official confirmation tomorrow...will share if I get something that is worth sharing.
Update on Creta SX Discontinuation

Have spoken to my dealer regarding the discontinuation of Creta SX across all automatic variants. He was not aware that Hyundai has updated the brochure, but internally they knew about this change since the beginning of July 2021. As per him, the shortage of chip used in 10.25 inch AVN with Blue Link has resulted in this. As we know, the introduction of SX Executive in manual variant was due to this reason only. He also mentioned that since all variants of Alcazar are using the same 10.25 inch AVN unit, so whatever inventory they have for the AVN unit is now shifted to Creta SX(O) and Alcazar. Hyundai has already declared that they have 11,000 bookings of Alcazar (with 3000 units already delivered), I don’t see the situation to improve for Creta anytime soon.

As per him, the normal Creta SX variant is not expected to revive anytime soon and all the last available inventory (on a Pan India basis) has been sold/dispatched to the dealers in the first week of July 2021. As per him, the Creta SX Executive IVT variant (i.e. without 10.25 inch AVN) may never come as the volumes for IVT variant has gone down considerably in the past few months (probably due to petrol prices or due to premium pricing over manual petrol or manual diesel variant). Also, selling a 17.5 lac+ (OTR Delhi) SX IVT without AVN may not make much sense for the brand also.

Quote:
I've been waiting for last 4months for SX IVT.. Haven't heard anything from my dealer yet.. I hope they honour existing bookings..
Coming to honouring the existing booking of Creta SX IVT, as per the dealer, for July 2021 they have placed all the orders to the plant and for August 2021 also, they have the production schedule for Creta SX IVT but beyond that is something which he himself is not very sure. Based on his experience with what has happened with Creta MT SX to MT SX Executive variant, he said that any delivery beyond August 2021 for Creta SX IVT is suspectable and customers might have to opt for SX(O) IVT or SX(O) DCT.
HP-BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 15:33   #892
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at getting the Creta - Turbo DCT and would like to know how has been the experience in last couple of years for members who have purchased it.

Till now I was driving the Ecosport, Ecoboost manual 2015 model. I thoroughly enjoyed the car all these years and sold it this April.

I have test driven the Turbo DCT earlier this year and enjoyed the peppy nature of the engine. I also took a test drive on Harrier Diesel automatic and absolutely enjoyed the feeling.

My driving will be 70-80% in city traffic, with no more than 4-5 long trips on the highway in a year.

The reason why I am not looking at Diesel IVT is a) Limited usage b) The dual tone interiors.

Reading up some posts about the reliability of DCT does make me question if it would be fine to go for the DCT.

It would be great if I could get some inputs from the members on this.
Old 20th July 2021, 19:54   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB86 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am looking at getting the Creta - Turbo DCT

My driving will be 70-80% in city traffic, with no more than 4-5 long trips on the highway in a year.

The reason why I am not looking at Diesel IVT is a) Limited usage b) The dual tone interiors.
Yes, forum members have faced issues in their Creta DCTs (go through the Technical section for details if you haven’t yet read about the failures of our own members’ cars) and sure enough they have been solved under warranty. But it all boils down to if it’s worth it going for the DCT when you know your driving will majorly be in the city and stop go traffic is a sworn enemy of DCTs and they are bound to have issues. Is a colour choice more important than choosing a reliable gearbox over a potential ticking time bomb? My personal opinion - NO, I’d rather have a trouble free gearbox and light coloured interiors than keep worrying about when my gearbox will have an issue.

Also, the diesel isn’t an IVT but is a traditional torque converter (and a lovely one at that). I’ve purchased one recently and absolutely LOVE IT!

Ultimately, the decision rests with you on what your priorities are. Good luck!

Last edited by Dhananjay_Desai : 20th July 2021 at 19:56. Reason: Additional context and typo
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 20:33   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB86 View Post

It would be great if I could get some inputs from the members on this.
I also fell in love with DCT after test driving it and booked the vehicle in March 2021. After seeing many DCT issues reported, i changed the booking to diesel AT and got delivery a couple of weeks back. Reliability is of top most priority for me as I would be taking the vehicle on long trips. Just completed a 600km trip and I do not regret my decision.

Diesel AT SXO positives:
Very refined. Hard to make out that it is a diesel. It becomes a.little vocal only when you push it to higher rpm. Refinement is the best part about Creta diesel. Refined like petrol.

Excellent driveability. Power is available from low rpm and it is quite linear. No sudden push like the old crdi diesel engine once the turbo kicks in. The linear power delivery is enjoyable in an automatic.

Peace of mind with TC instead of DCT.

Good mileage. Even before first service, it is giving 11 kmpl in city bumper to bumper traffic and 17 kmpl on highways with quite spirited driving.

Diamond cut alloy wheels compared to DCT.

Negatives compared to DCT:

The transmission is not lightning quick like DCT. You would not notice any delay in low speeds, but there is a couple of seconds delay when you push the throttle fully for sudden burst of power on highways. Seems the delay is for vehicle to drop a couple of gears. In a way, it is good as you get enough power for sudden overtakes. Never had to use paddle shifters for power.

Dual tone interiors will be difficult to maintain as you pointed out. Especially with ventilated seats and aibags, not sure how to replace them in long term without getting it done through Hyundai.

Not as powerful as turbo petrol, especially the rev happy nature of petrol.

DPF filter regeneration issues, do not seem them reported nowadays. Not a big deal and you would not see it with regular highway usage.

I went for diesel automatic even without a test drive and overall I am very happy with the decision. Hyundai has come a long way with respect to high speed stability and driving dynamics. The steering is light weight on low speeds weighs up nicely on higher speeds.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 20th July 2021 at 20:41.
PatienceWins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 20:44   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

DPF filter regeneration issues, do not seem them.reported now. Not a big deal and you would not see it with regular highway usage.
DPF regeneration for the diesel automatic is not done via highway runs like how it happens for the manual transmission car. It’s a self regeneration process. Posting the steps here (someone had posted it before also). I’ve confirmed this with my service advisors from two different cities.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-e6e3c70415ad43cca65fe74122ab0eac.png
Old 20th July 2021, 20:53   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
DPF regeneration for the diesel automatic is not done via highway runs like how it happens for the manual transmission car. It’s a self regeneration process. Posting the steps here (someone had posted it before also). I’ve confirmed this with my service advisors from two different cities.

Attachment 2181619
My understanding is that it is independent of transmission. It can be done either by driving the vehicle on highway at higher rpm for around 20 mins or the self regeneration process as outlined by you.

I maybe wrong. But different diesel filter regeneration process depending on transmission, automatic or manual, does not make sense. I will also check during service. Thanks

Also, the DPF issue predominantly happens when the vehicle is used in low speeds, that is city driving.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 20th July 2021 at 20:58.
Old 20th July 2021, 21:23   #897
BHPian

Quote:
But different diesel filter regeneration process depending on transmission, automatic or manual, does not make sense. I will also check during service. Thanks

Also, the DPF issue predominantly happens when the vehicle is used in low speeds, that is city driving.
The way to clean the DPF is to drive at speeds over 60kmph on lower RPMs. In manuals we do this my keeping the gears lower (as mentioned in the owner manual). This does not happen in an automatic since the more we press the accelerator pedal the higher gear gets engaged and in top gear the more we press the pedal the speed keeps increasing. Also the company wouldn’t mention this in the owners manual unless it actually exists. Just my two cents.

Plus two people have confirmed this during my first service. But please do check and let us also know what they say. I’m going to try this when the self regeneration needed sign comes up on the cluster
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 23:24   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
But it all boils down to if it’s worth it going for the DCT when you know your driving will majorly be in the city and stop go traffic is a sworn enemy of DCTs and they are bound to have issues. Is a colour choice more important than choosing a reliable gearbox over a potential ticking time bomb?

Also, the diesel isn’t an IVT but is a traditional torque converter (and a lovely one at that). I’ve purchased one recently and absolutely LOVE IT!
You have a valid point and that is also the reason why I am not certain. Dual coloured interiors is one reason. Also, another reason which I forgot to add in my post is that since I had the turbo petrol engine in Ecosport, I enjoyed the burst of power which you get with Turbo Petrol engines. Of course, peace of mind is equally important.

I will definitely take a test drive of the diesel automatic before I make a decision. Thanks for your views on this

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th July 2021 at 23:47. Reason: Please quote relevant parts of a post instead of using italics to highlight the same..
Old 20th July 2021, 23:54   #899
BHPian

Quote:

Diesel AT SXO positives:

Peace of mind with TC instead of DCT.

Diamond cut alloy wheels compared to DCT.

Negatives compared to DCT:

The transmission is not lightning quick like DCT.

Dual tone interiors will be difficult to maintain as you pointed out. Especially with ventilated seats and aibags, not sure how to replace them in long term without getting it done through Hyundai.

Not as powerful as turbo petrol, especially the rev happy nature of petrol.

Peace of mind is definitely important as I mentioned in my reply to Dhananjay. That is also a reason why I am not rushing into a decision.

I had an Ecosport, turbo petrol manual for the last 6 years and the engine was absolute fun to drive! Wish they had a manual for turbo petrol like Seltos does.

I will anyway take a test drive of Diesel AT before I make a decision. One thing is for sure from the reviews, there is no need to worry about the Diesel AT unlike the DCT.

Thanks for your views!
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:31   #900
BHPian

I’ve a question regarding periodic service -

The service centres do brake cleaning and calliper greasing during every service and charge a hefty amount for it. The Hyundai periodic maintenance chart doesn’t mention this at all. Is that even needed? There are two scenarios :

1. Where my car has run 10k and I’m giving it for service

2. My car has not run 10k but it’s been a year and I’m giving it for service

For which of the above two scenarios do we get brakes cleaned and the callipers greased? Basically when should the brakes be cleaned and callipers greased?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks